PDA

View Full Version : Ten Years After

Perianne
03-14-2016, 12:40 PM
Yesterday was ten years after the horrific Duke lacrosse case in North Caroline. To sum it up, three Duke lacrosse players were falsely accused of raping a stripper who was "performing" at a frat party. Duke President Richard Brodhead, as did many of the faculty, publicly sided with the stripper and cancelled the promising lacrosse season.

In the end, here is how they all ended up:

Crystal Magnum, the lying stripper who accused three men of raping her, is in a North Carolina prison, convicted of murdering her boyfriend.

Mike Nifong, the Durham District Attorney was eventually disbarred from practicing law due to his improper handling of the Duke lacrosse case. He was sued by lacrosse players for $180 million dollars and filed bankruptcy. In (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Nifong) July 2014 there was a call for all the cases Nifong had prosecuted to be reviewed on the basis of his having been shown to ignore due process in some cases including the murder trial against Darryl Howard.

The (http://The North Carolina State Bar filed 32 ethics charges against him for “conduct involving dishonesty, fraud, deceit, or misrepresentation.” He was found guilty on 27 charges and was disbarred in June of 2007) North Carolina State Bar filed 32 ethics charges against him for “conduct involving dishonesty, fraud, deceit, or misrepresentation.” He was found guilty on 27 charges and was disbarred in June of 2007

Reade Seligmann, one of the accused, left Duke and played lacrosse for Brown University. He (http://lostlettermen.com/duke-lacrosse-rape-case-where-are-they-now/) got his law degree from Emory and after serving as a law clerk in the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey, is now an associate at Connell Foley LLP in Westfield, NJ.

Collin Finnerty, one of the accused, left Duke and played lacrosse for Loyola college. He (http://lostlettermen.com/duke-lacrosse-rape-case-where-are-they-now/) is now an equity sales trader for Deutsche Bank in New York City.

David Evans, one of the accused, had already graduated from Duke when the charges were brought. He later earned an MBA from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania. After landing a plum job (http://lostlettermen.com/duke-lacrosse-rape-case-where-are-they-now/) with Morgan Stanley in its investment banking analyst program. He remained there for two years before becoming a senior associate in the consumer team at Apax Partners in New York, where he works today.

Duke University privately settled with the accused students. It has been reported that each of the three accused students received a $20 million settlement, though an attorney for Seligmann says it was nowhere near that much money.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8618&stc=1

Crystal Magnum

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8619&stc=1

Mike Nifong

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8620&stc=1

From left to right, David Evans, Collin Finnerty, Reade Seligmann

Olivia
03-14-2016, 01:52 PM
I often think of that case and the Twana Brawley case? This country is very racist, blacks hate white's with a venom. It's going to backfire though. Black fatigue is setting in rapidly.

http://townhall.com/columnists/carljackson/2015/05/21/black-racism-fatigue-will-hurt-democrats-in-2016-n2001567/page/full

Perianne
03-14-2016, 01:55 PM
I often think of that case and the Twana Brawley case? This country is very racist, blacks hate white's with a venom. It's going to backfire though. Black fatigue is setting in rapidly.

In the Duke lacrosse case, the families of the boys were well-to-do. What if the families could not have afforded to pay for the high-priced attorneys? Those boys would have been in prison today instead of leading respectable lives.

As for the woman who accused them, she got hers in the end. As did Nifong. Karma is a bad thing to tempt.

Olivia
03-14-2016, 02:08 PM
In the Duke lacrosse case, the families of the boys were well-to-do. What if the families could not have afforded to pay for the high-priced attorneys? Those boys would have been in prison today instead of leading respectable lives.

As for the woman who accused them, she got hers in the end. As did Nifong. Karma is a bad thing to tempt.

Damn right it is and karma is going to pay the left a visit this election.

Kathianne
03-14-2016, 04:28 PM
This was the first 'big case' I remember where 'guilty until proven 'not proven' was carried out. No due process, their names released, the school slamming them.

"Women never lie about rape." Not so.

More of the war on men/boys.

jimnyc
03-14-2016, 04:35 PM
This was the first 'big case' I remember where 'guilty until proven 'not proven' was carried out. No due process, their names released, the school slamming them.

"Women never lie about rape." Not so.

More of the war on men/boys.

We have a lot of guilty before trials anymore, and that sucks. The regular media, and then social media - we have folks being convicted by society much too fast anymore. And then sometimes you see riots, for example, before a trial even has a chance to begin. Facts don't matter to many anymore, nor do juries. Too often we see "vigilantes", as in entire areas being the judges instead of waiting for the actual facts and letting our justice system take its course.

fj1200
03-15-2016, 11:46 AM

That's a ridiculous statement.

jimnyc
03-15-2016, 11:58 AM
That's a ridiculous statement.

Perhaps to state it in a manner that makes it sound like all blacks hate whites with venom. I don't believe that either. But there are a shitload that do hate in that way, and yep there are whites that do the same. Obviously we hear about white racism and hatred almost on a daily basis. I don't hear the same about the black racism and hatred. There are obviously racists from both sides, but it's been kinda taboo to speak such about black folks, as pretty much anything you say, and you will get labeled a racist in return. Discuss crime, and many will call you a racist. And save it, I'm not talking about reasons and such, just any talk in general about black crime and you're guilty. Speak about black racism and you're wrong, or racist yourself.

The fact is, there are racists from all walks of life, just as there is hatred. And no subject or race should be so taboo to where someone is condemned for speaking about it.

So there ARE black racists that hate whites with a venom, so it's really not that ridiculous, other than to perhaps imply that ALL of them do.

fj1200
03-15-2016, 12:01 PM
So there ARE black racists that hate whites with a venom, so it's really not that ridiculous, other than to perhaps imply that ALL of them do.

It's still a ridiculous statement. It presumes all racism is centered in the black community which is clearly not true.

jimnyc
03-15-2016, 12:03 PM
It's still a ridiculous statement. It presumes all racism is centered in the black community which is clearly not true.

I don't think Olivia addressed whites? Perhaps she feels some whites are like that too, I don't know, can't speak for her. If she meant ALL, I disagree, if she meant that there are a lot of black folks out there that feel that way, then I agree with her 100%

Black Diamond
03-15-2016, 12:05 PM

Are you referring to the part you bolded? Or the whole sentence or the whole post?

fj1200
03-15-2016, 12:10 PM
I don't think Olivia addressed whites? Perhaps she feels some whites are like that too, I don't know, can't speak for her. If she meant ALL, I disagree, if she meant that there are a lot of black folks out there that feel that way, then I agree with her 100%

So you want to agree with what you think she meant? OK. I'll stick with what she posted until I hear otherwise.

Are you referring to the part you bolded? Or the whole sentence or the whole post?

The bolded part was ridiculous, the remainder set the premise.

Kathianne
03-15-2016, 12:10 PM
Perhaps to state it in a manner that makes it sound like all blacks hate whites with venom. I don't believe that either. But there are a shitload that do hate in that way, and yep there are whites that do the same. Obviously we hear about white racism and hatred almost on a daily basis. I don't hear the same about the black racism and hatred. There are obviously racists from both sides, but it's been kinda taboo to speak such about black folks, as pretty much anything you say, and you will get labeled a racist in return. Discuss crime, and many will call you a racist. And save it, I'm not talking about reasons and such, just any talk in general about black crime and you're guilty. Speak about black racism and you're wrong, or racist yourself.

The fact is, there are racists from all walks of life, just as there is hatred. And no subject or race should be so taboo to where someone is condemned for speaking about it.

You're both right.

There are racists of all races. Some because of wrongs actually done to them, that they've generalized onto all member of that race-perhaps with an 'exception or two' that they feel are exceptions. Some because they've been taught to hate a group or groups.

jimnyc
03-15-2016, 12:13 PM
So you want to agree with what you think she meant? OK. I'll stick with what she posted until I hear otherwise.

That's not what I stated. I made my statements clear from the beginning, and then said perhaps as to her statement. I don't know specifically what she meant, but I'm sure she can update more when she sees this.

Let me ask you, and never mind how she made her comment - do you think there are blacks out there that hate whites with a venom?

jimnyc
03-15-2016, 12:15 PM
You're both right.

There are racists of all races. Some because of wrongs actually done to them, that they've generalized onto all member of that race-perhaps with an 'exception or two' that they feel are exceptions. Some because they've been taught to hate a group or groups.

Of course it's from all races, I just believe that some are a little more taboo than others to discuss freely. And many are taught, from both sides, and many just learn it, from both sides over time. I agree that there are blacks that hate whites with some serious venom, that's obvious. I just don't think it's all of them, not even remotely close to that.

Kathianne
03-15-2016, 12:19 PM
Of course it's from all races, I just believe that some are a little more taboo than others to discuss freely. And many are taught, from both sides, and many just learn it, from both sides over time. I agree that there are blacks that hate whites with some serious venom, that's obvious. I just don't think it's all of them, not even remotely close to that.

I've never had a problem discussing freely. Some folks hate vehemently-tear it all down, kill them, what have you. Others are just uncomfortable with those 'outside' of what they find comfortable. Some harbor hate in their hearts-reminds me of Carter's lust.

I think most people just want to go about their business, living freely. I agree that their are folks that if they see a member of 'another race' they want to do 'something.' That to me is vehement and dangerous. Mostly those people are not ok in any aspect of living.

fj1200
03-15-2016, 12:20 PM
That's not what I stated. I made my statements clear from the beginning, and then said perhaps as to her statement. I don't know specifically what she meant, but I'm sure she can update more when she sees this.

Let me ask you, and never mind how she made her comment - do you think there are blacks out there that hate whites with a venom?

No, I think some hate with a vengeance. ;) You qualified your statements with "if" which was your interpretation of what she meant. But hatred is not necessarily racist.

Black Diamond
03-15-2016, 12:24 PM
No, I think some hate with a vengeance. ;) You qualified your statements with "if" which was your interpretation of what she meant. But hatred is not necessarily racist.

Is there any kind of hate that doesn't have vengeance in it? I know that may have been an expression on your part, but but doesn't hate drive a desire for vengeance, it's just a question of whether or not the desire is acted upon?

jimnyc
03-15-2016, 12:25 PM

Fine, I'm more than happy to clarify what I mean - there are blacks out there that hate whites with a venom, and it's because they are white, never even met the folks they hate. Anyone believing otherwise is very naive. I've seen it outside in person, and I can post endless videos from blacks speaking about their hatred for white people and wishing death and such, and just because they hate white people.

Call it vengeance or venom, pretty much the same thing to me. We're talking about people that have a deep rooted hatred for white/black folks, and it exists.

fj1200
03-15-2016, 12:27 PM
Is there any kind of hate that doesn't have vengeance in it? I know that may have been an expression on your part, but but doesn't hate drive a desire for vengeance, it's just a question of whether or not the desire is acted upon?

I was poking at the intitial expression. I believe it's hate with a vengeance, not venom. I'm not aware that vengeance is a necessary part of hate. One can hate without having to avenge anything I would think.

jimnyc
03-15-2016, 12:28 PM
I've never had a problem discussing freely. Some folks hate vehemently-tear it all down, kill them, what have you. Others are just uncomfortable with those 'outside' of what they find comfortable. Some harbor hate in their hearts-reminds me of Carter's lust.

I think most people just want to go about their business, living freely. I agree that their are folks that if they see a member of 'another race' they want to do 'something.' That to me is vehement and dangerous. Mostly those people are not ok in any aspect of living.

That's because you discuss generic issues and stories. Try here for starters, and then go other places, and try posting a shitload of crime statistics based on race. Don't blame anything on anything or anyone, just simply point out the facts and stats. It will start off with all kinds of reasons as to why crime shouldn't be separated by race, as it's not really a factor. And then often it will go very quickly from that, to you being a racist for somehow separating the stats by race, even though they come from the FBI and DOJ and such.

fj1200
03-15-2016, 12:28 PM
Fine, I'm more than happy to clarify what I mean - there are blacks out there that hate whites with a venom, and it's because they are white, never even met the folks they hate. Anyone believing otherwise is very naive. I've seen it outside in person, and I can post endless videos from blacks speaking about their hatred for white people and wishing death and such, and just because they hate white people.

Call it vengeance or venom, pretty much the same thing to me. We're talking about people that have a deep rooted hatred for white/black folks, and it exists.

I didn't disagree with you. There are blacks that hate whites and whites that hate blacks. Do blacks have a justification to hate whites? Do whites have a justification to hate blacks?

Black Diamond
03-15-2016, 12:30 PM
That's because you discuss generic issues and stories. Try here for starters, and then go other places, and try posting a shitload of crime statistics based on race. Don't blame anything on anything or anyone, just simply point out the facts and stats. It will start off with all kinds of reasons as to why crime shouldn't be separated by race, as it's not really a factor. And then often it will go very quickly from that, to you being a racist for somehow separating the stats by race, even though they come from the FBI and DOJ and such.

I will remember this post nect February when it's black history month, the next time the black caucus meets, the next time I see a billboard for the united negro college fund, etc.

jimnyc
03-15-2016, 12:31 PM
I didn't disagree with you. There are blacks that hate whites and whites that hate blacks. Do blacks have a justification to hate whites? Do whites have a justification to hate blacks?

It all depends on the scenario.But in general, as in the masses - no they don't. But hell, there are a lot of whites that are still hated today over slavery - and no way in frickin hell are they justified in doing so.

fj1200
03-15-2016, 12:31 PM

If you constantly point out race and believe that blacks are more likely to engage in that sort of behavior because of their race then you're a racist.

fj1200
03-15-2016, 12:34 PM
It all depends on the scenario.But in general, as in the masses - no they don't. But hell, there are a lot of whites that are still hated today over slavery - and no way in frickin hell are they justified in doing so.

In general whites weren't slaves, segregated against, or subject to Jim Crow laws. They have more justification than whites to hate blacks.

jimnyc
03-15-2016, 12:36 PM
If you constantly point out race and believe that blacks are more likely to engage in that sort of behavior because of their race then you're a racist.

You say that same thing pretty much every time - always instantly saying that "if it's because of their race" - when I never said any such thing, and it always revolves around SOLELY posting stats. And then not long after being labeled a racist. Hell, look at you for starters - without me even saying so, you kind of lean in with the "well, if you say it's because of race..." - already kind of hinting. I'm NOT saying you call me a racist, but that's clearly how it starts, but starting in with comments and such that one never stated.

And I DID state that it comes from BOTH sides. It's just that one is more taboo. You will often hear people saying stuff like "you would never say that in a black neighborhood". Today, we see blacks all over and have no fear whatsoever of jumping on whites. Whether that be in public, in music, social media... But if you're white and dare utter the N word in public just once, see the difference in how it's handled. If you're white, and release a song that has lyrics talking smack about black people, see how well that goes over!

Kathianne
03-15-2016, 12:37 PM

I'll stay generic. I've never denied where different races fall in crime stats or college grad rates or any of the economic issues that are frequently broken down by races.

Stats by themselves are but a starting point. First are they good or not. Assuming they are good, what are the factors leading to significant deviations between groups, of which race is but one.

jimnyc
03-15-2016, 12:37 PM
In general whites weren't slaves, segregated against, or subject to Jim Crow laws. They have more justification than whites to hate blacks.

And NO ONE here today was a slave and no one here today held slaves. So to think a black person TODAY has justification to hate a white person as a result - is insane AND racist.

Black Diamond
03-15-2016, 12:38 PM

How many years ago were those things again?

jimnyc
03-15-2016, 12:40 PM
I'll stay generic. I've never denied where different races fall in crime stats or college grad rates or any of the economic issues that are frequently broken down by races.

Stats by themselves are but a starting point. First are they good or not. Assuming they are good, what are the factors leading to significant deviations between groups, of which race is but one.

Violent crimes and rapes, just mention them alone and solely. There is NO factor in this world that would somehow make the high numbers anything other than what they are - which are huge crimes, violent crimes, and they are disproportionate compared to other races. It's not like being poor, lack of good schools, bad parenting, no father or anything really at all in this world that would somehow make them numbers anything but what they are.

Kathianne
03-15-2016, 12:42 PM

Well reading the board of late, I'd wonder what's up here regarding race if I didn't know the various characters in general.

Then there are the 'legacies' of those institutions and practices, not too mention the unintended consequences of civil rights legislation.

fj1200
03-15-2016, 12:44 PM
You say that same thing pretty much every time - always instantly saying that "if it's because of their race" - when I never said any such thing, and it always revolves around SOLELY posting stats. And then not long after being labeled a racist. Hell, look at you for starters - without me even saying so, you kind of lean in with the "well, if you say it's because of race..." - already kind of hinting. I'm NOT saying you call me a racist, but that's clearly how it starts, but starting in with comments and such that one never stated.

And I DID state that it comes from BOTH sides. It's just that one is more taboo. You will often hear people saying stuff like "you would never say that in a black neighborhood". Today, we see blacks all over and have no fear whatsoever of jumping on whites. Whether that be in public, in music, social media... But if you're white and dare utter the N word in public just once, see the difference in how it's handled. If you're white, and release a song that has lyrics talking smack about black people, see how well that goes over!

Racism has a definition. If you want to include "hate" in the definition then the number of racists just went up an order or two of magnitude. So many times I hear that "blacks are racist, they hate whites" by someone who might insist that they are not racist when they've just defined themselves as one by the statement they've made.

The reason that I use "if" is because racism is a belief. I can't look at someone walking down the street and call them a racist (unless they're wearing a t-shirt) but I can suspect someone is by what they say. It's perfectly acceptable to quote DOJ stats and discuss solutions but you need to be careful when defining the problem. If all you see is someone's color then that will determine what you see as a solution which would likely be wrong; if you can look deeper into the statistics, as I've posted before, then you'll see a better solution.

Kathianne
03-15-2016, 12:44 PM
Violent crimes and rapes, just mention them alone and solely. There is NO factor in this world that would somehow make the high numbers anything other than what they are - which are huge crimes, violent crimes, and they are disproportionate compared to other races. It's not like being poor, lack of good schools, bad parenting, no father or anything really at all in this world that would somehow make them numbers anything but what they are.

Nature or nurture?

fj1200
03-15-2016, 12:45 PM

Incorrect.

jimnyc
03-15-2016, 12:47 PM
Well reading the board of late, I'd wonder what's up here regarding race if I didn't know the various characters in general.

Then there are the 'legacies' of those institutions and practices, not too mention the unintended consequences of civil rights legislation.

The race stuff has increased a LOT, and a lot is explained by Obama - then Baltimore and riots. Trayvon and uprising. Brown and shootings and riots and lies. Then other things the black community had damn good rights to be upset about, and also led to unrest. Add it all up. You rarely if ever see the white communities starting riots and destroying things if a white person is shot by a black person, or an officer involved shooting. And I'm not excusing it or saying it's right, but you see a ton of it, coincidentally while Obama is in office, and out comes the divide.

fj1200
03-15-2016, 12:47 PM
And NO ONE here today was a slave and no one here today held slaves. So to think a black person TODAY has justification to hate a white person as a result - is insane AND racist.

True. Not so segregation and Jim Crow. And then the liberals decided to "help."

Quite some time. The question though was justification.

Black Diamond
03-15-2016, 12:48 PM

I feel race relations have gone down hill considerably since Obama was elected. But I don't know that that's all on Obama, although much of it is. Blacks accuse anyone who opposes Obama as being racist. That started right out of the gate.

jimnyc
03-15-2016, 12:54 PM
Racism has a definition. If you want to include "hate" in the definition then the number of racists just went up an order or two of magnitude. So many times I hear that "blacks are racist, they hate whites" by someone who might insist that they are not racist when they've just defined themselves as one by the statement they've made.

The reason that I use "if" is because racism is a belief. I can't look at someone walking down the street and call them a racist (unless they're wearing a t-shirt) but I can suspect someone is by what they say. It's perfectly acceptable to quote DOJ stats and discuss solutions but you need to be careful when defining the problem. If all you see is someone's color then that will determine what you see as a solution which would likely be wrong; if you can look deeper into the statistics, as I've posted before, then you'll see a better solution.

I'm not going to argue for the sake of it, nor about the word if. I simply stated that there are in fact blacks out there that hate white folks with a venom. I further stated that you have whites that are the same. I added in that I believe it's kinda taboo to discuss some issues about the blacks though.

I defined nothing. Again, I'm talking about simply posting a list of stats, and already being declared a racist for doing so. Don't make it more confusing and be and advocate for things I haven't brought up or stated.

Oh, and "if all you see is someone's color" - again trying to make it sound as if someone said that, or that I did, and making it sound racist. But I never said anything like that. But I am glad that you wrote that, as it's a great example of what happens. But I know, you said IF all you say :laugh:

jimnyc
03-15-2016, 12:56 PM
Nature or nurture?

I didn't say anything about either? But regardless, I find NO excuse in this world for someone to rape another person, for example. I don't care if they were raised an nurtured as such or whatever. Unless they are mentally retarded and have no clue about laws in this world.

Black Diamond
03-15-2016, 12:56 PM
What is Jim's definition of if? :cool:

jimnyc
03-15-2016, 12:57 PM
Incorrect.

No, it's correct, but not surprising that you might find excuses for rape, murder or similar.

jimnyc
03-15-2016, 12:58 PM
I feel race relations have gone down hill considerably since Obama was elected. But I don't know that that's all on Obama, although much of it is. Blacks accuse anyone who opposes Obama as being racist. That started right out of the gate.

But that's only because of factors in their lives, not because they are racist or want to raise the race card.

jimnyc
03-15-2016, 12:59 PM
What is Jim's definition of if? :cool:

I don't care, I'd rather speak about issues and facts than play word games and semantics.

Black Diamond
03-15-2016, 01:00 PM
But that's only because of factors in their lives, not because they are racist or want to raise the race card.

It's the cops' fault.

Kathianne
03-15-2016, 01:00 PM
I didn't say anything about either? But regardless, I find NO excuse in this world for someone to rape another person, for example. I don't care if they were raised an nurtured as such or whatever. Unless they are mentally retarded and have no clue about laws in this world.

Ok. Seems to me that one can have a discussion, but it takes more than 1. I'm not arguing semantics, certainly don't think you are a racists, so doubt I called you one. But whatever, I'm out of this one.

Black Diamond
03-15-2016, 01:01 PM
I don't care, I'd rather speak about issues and facts than play word games and semantics.

No Bubba today? Sounds good.

fj1200
03-15-2016, 01:04 PM
I'm not going to argue for the sake of it, nor about the word if. I simply stated that there are in fact blacks out there that hate white folks with a venom. I further stated that you have whites that are the same. I added in that I believe it's kinda taboo to discuss some issues about the blacks though.

I defined nothing. Again, I'm talking about simply posting a list of stats, and already being declared a racist for doing so. Don't make it more confusing and be and advocate for things I haven't brought up or stated.

Oh, and "if all you see is someone's color" - again trying to make it sound as if someone said that, or that I did, and making it sound racist. But I never said anything like that. But I am glad that you wrote that, as it's a great example of what happens. But I know, you said IF all you say :laugh:

When I say that you said something I'll say that you said something. But I'll say it again; IF you think blacks are inferior THEN you are a racist.

No, it's correct, but not surprising that you might find excuses for rape, murder or similar.

I haven't excused anything. I'm only stating a fact that race is not the determining factor; do you disagree with Sowell, Horowitz, Heritage, Coulter, etc?

fj1200
03-15-2016, 01:06 PM

That's all I'm talking about. :cheers2:

Black Diamond
03-15-2016, 01:07 PM
When I say that you said something I'll say that you said something. But I'll say it again; IF you think blacks are inferior THEN you are a racist.

I haven't excused anything. I'm only stating a fact that race is not the determining factor; do you disagree with Sowell, Horowitz, Heritage, Coulter, etc?

What if someone says black culture is inferior?

jimnyc
03-15-2016, 01:11 PM
it's the cops' fault.

always. :)

fj1200
03-15-2016, 01:13 PM
What if someone says black culture is inferior?

That would make you a culturist. :poke: If that's your long way around to say the same thing then it's just the long way around. I prefer to say the "welfare culture" is inferior and that isn't a race-based statement and indicts the correct group; liberal busybodies.

jimnyc
03-15-2016, 01:17 PM
Ok. Seems to me that one can have a discussion, but it takes more than 1. I'm not arguing semantics, certainly don't think you are a racists, so doubt I called you one. But whatever, I'm out of this one.

Huh, what are you talking about? I pointed out that I wasn't speaking about any of the words you brought up, so it confused me. Then I made a comment about how I feel there simply are no excuses for rape/murder or other violent crimes. And that's somehow something about how only one can have a discussion? I said nothing at all to you about semantics. Never said you thought I was racist or called me one. And now you say you're leaving the thread? I'm sorry that you felt I magically said things that I simply didn't write to you. Or that me writing that I felt there were no excuses, somehow limits you? But at the very least, don't claim anything about semantics when it was never said to you, nor somehow state that I wrote you think/called me a racist, when I said no such thing.

Again, the blinding hatred over some things, and I'm not even sure you read my posts entirely before responding. But how about pointing out where I said anything to you about semantics, or where I made a claim of you calling me a racist? That would be just great for starters.

jimnyc
03-15-2016, 01:18 PM

Sorry, I don't read any of their stuff, don't want to, never brought them up in this thread, and my comments stand alone.

fj1200
03-15-2016, 01:20 PM
Sorry, I don't read any of their stuff, don't want to, never brought them up in this thread, and my comments stand alone.

:confused: Conservative thinkers and institutions that disprove your posit?

jimnyc
03-15-2016, 01:24 PM
:confused: Conservative thinkers and institutions that disprove your posit?

Unlike yourself, I think for myself and don't need pundits to prove or disprove my opinions.

Black Diamond
03-15-2016, 01:42 PM
I will remember this post nect February when it's black history month, the next time the black caucus meets, the next time I see a billboard for the united negro college fund, etc.

And how could I forget black lives matter?

jimnyc
03-15-2016, 02:59 PM
And how could I forget black lives matter?

Maybe you were too busy looking into the 10x more lives that were snuffed out, while they protested about violence while being violent?

LongTermGuy
03-15-2016, 04:12 PM

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1517973/thumbs/o-OBAMA-ERIC-HOLDER-facebook.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVcfymOvoUo

fj1200
03-16-2016, 12:45 PM
Unlike yourself, I think for myself and don't need pundits to prove or disprove my opinions.

Who said anything about pundits? I reference research that validates my stance. Sowell has a doctorate in economics, Heritage is a recognized conservative research and education think tank...

It's amazing that every time this discussion comes up and I back my position with conservative links the silence is deafening.

jimnyc
03-16-2016, 01:00 PM
Who said anything about pundits? I reference research that validates my stance. Sowell has a doctorate in economics, Heritage is a recognized conservative research and education think tank...

It's amazing that every time this discussion comes up and I back my position with conservative links the silence is deafening.

Probably because you ran around fighting for so damn long that folks bypass most of your posts? Hell, even when they publicly state that they placed you on ignore, you still reply to them anyway. Or perhaps that that the majority of your posts you talk condescendingly towards people, even if it's your first reply in a thread and no one had addressed you in the slightest bit.

Amazing how your simply in another world when it comes to things like terrorism, for example. You'll be happy to go and fight with anyone that dares condemn such topics, but seemingly couldn't care less, unless one of your "enemies" is posting in a thread and you have an opportunity to go and engage in some sort of fight.

fj1200
03-16-2016, 01:08 PM
Probably because you ran around fighting for so damn long that folks bypass most of your posts? Hell, even when they publicly state that they placed you on ignore, you still reply to them anyway. Or perhaps that that the majority of your posts you talk condescendingly towards people, even if it's your first reply in a thread and no one had addressed you in the slightest bit.

Amazing how your simply in another world when it comes to things like terrorism, for example. You'll be happy to go and fight with anyone that dares condemn such topics, but seemingly couldn't care less, unless one of your "enemies" is posting in a thread and you have an opportunity to go and engage in some sort of fight.

Or they don't like when their "truth" is disrupted. :dunno: Besides my only enemy is poor reasoning skills... and bad conservatism.

But think what you like. :)

jimnyc
03-16-2016, 01:15 PM
Or they don't like when their "truth" is disrupted. :dunno: Besides my only enemy is poor reasoning skills... and bad conservatism.

But think what you like. :)

My bad on several fronts. I'm just dropping out here, as I know it never ends.