PDA

View Full Version : Huckabee: Trump Phenomenon is a ‘Peaceful Overthrow of the Government’

Jeff
03-15-2016, 08:45 AM
I actually read this a couple of days ago, I did try and see if someone had posted and didn't see anything so if it has been posted already I apologize, if not read on.

I love when I hear people say well all of Trump's supporters are uneducated, wrong, they are folks of all walks of life that are tired of the direction this country is going. Many look at is as the last chance to save this country, and yes Trump looks like the answer. He is saying all the right things and folks of all race and walks of life have gotten behind him, If the current administration had listened to the people maybe Trump would be pushed off as a joke (like those that like the way the country is going feel) Many myself included have been saying that there is a revolution coming and I think this hits the nail right on the head, this is a peaceful (peaceful as in no bullets flying) other throw of the Government. People are tired of all the PC BS in this Country. When Trump says things like years ago this wouldn't of happened maybe what he is saying is years ago blacks (any race can fit here) didn't get away with calling for the death of police officers and so on. I honestly believe that this is one last ditch effort to get our country back, Trump isn't the racist bum people are making him out to be, hell I have never heard him call one black person (unless they had decided to try and disrupt his rally) anything, he is saying all folks of any color that believe you should sit home and wait for a check is wrong, calling for folks to murder others is wrong, folks that want to protest should do so without disrupting the entire thing so others that may want to hear what a candidate has to say can. Yes I truly believe that this is a peaceful revolution, people are tired of it and I hope and pray it works because if it doesn't what will follow won't be very pretty.

Former Governor of Arkansas Mike Huckabee told Fox News this morning that Donald Trump’s success represents a peaceful “overthrow of the government” and that the Republican establishment should be glad it’s being achieved with “ballots not bullets”.

http://www.infowars.com/huckabee-trump-phenomenon-is-a-peaceful-overthrow-of-the-government/

jimnyc
03-15-2016, 08:52 AM
I like that term - "peaceful overthrow"! Awesome, right hjmick :)

Kathianne
03-15-2016, 08:57 AM
He's saying the same today about both Trump and Sanders:

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/273021-huckabee-trump-and-sanders-leading-somewhat-of-a

jimnyc
03-15-2016, 08:59 AM
He's saying the same today about both Trump and Sanders:

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/273021-huckabee-trump-and-sanders-leading-somewhat-of-a

Sanders is definitely running a unique campaign as well, no doubt. But how much support does he have from folks thinking they will get everything for free under the sun should he get elected? And will such talk last throughout the general season when others pound it into the public ears that nothing is free and it will all be paid for, by someone.

Kathianne
03-15-2016, 09:00 AM
Sanders is definitely running a unique campaign as well, no doubt. But how much support does he have from folks thinking they will get everything for free under the sun should he get elected? And will such talk last throughout the general season when others pound it into the public ears that nothing is free and it will all be paid for, by someone.

The 'government will pay for it,' seems to be something they have in common.

jimnyc
03-15-2016, 09:06 AM
The 'government will pay for it,' seems to be something they have in common.

I believe Trump is talking about Mexico paying for something via other means, certainly not our government. Any talk of OUR government paying for "freebies", coming from Trump, must be very limited - and certainly NO comparison to Bernie. And no, bringing up healthcare, which WILL NOT be like Obamacare, and wanting folks covered, is not nearly the same as someone promising everything under the sun for free, and acting like no one will ever have to pay for it.

Kathianne
03-15-2016, 09:10 AM
I believe Trump is talking about Mexico paying for something via other means, certainly not our government. Any talk of OUR government paying for "freebies", coming from Trump, must be very limited - and certainly NO comparison to Bernie. And no, bringing up healthcare, which WILL NOT be like Obamacare, and wanting folks covered, is not nearly the same as someone promising everything under the sun for free, and acting like no one will ever have to pay for it.

Oh yes, I know that Mexico will pay for the wall, I can too bring up healthcare and the people dying in the streets. :laugh2:

We're all entitled to what we believe is true and what is not or even what we believe the candidates believe.

jimnyc
03-15-2016, 09:20 AM
Oh yes, I know that Mexico will pay for the wall, I can too bring up healthcare and the people dying in the streets. :laugh2:

We're all entitled to what we believe is true and what is not or even what we believe the candidates believe.

And those that scoff at Trump and a wall and how it's paid for - but not a single peep about Cruz who also wants to build a wall, as well as triple border control. Odd.

Kathianne
03-15-2016, 09:23 AM
And those that scoff at Trump and a wall and how it's paid for - but not a single peep about Cruz who also wants to build a wall, as well as triple border control. Odd.

Ah, that assumes I believe everything Cruz says, I don't. He's my last choice so I don't have a lot to say about him, other than his record of arguing for the Constitution is very consistent as is his voting record for the most part.

jimnyc
03-15-2016, 09:25 AM
Ah, that assumes I believe everything Cruz says, I don't. He's my last choice so I don't have a lot to say about him, other than his record of arguing for the Constitution is very consistent as is his voting record for the most part.

So you don't speak about the negatives from Cruz, because he's not your choice - but you do so with the same things from Trump - even though he's not your choice either? Weird.

Kathianne
03-15-2016, 09:29 AM
So you don't speak about the negatives from Cruz, because he's not your choice - but you do so with the same things from Trump - even though he's not your choice either? Weird.

If Cruz seems to be cruising to the nomination I'll likely point out more. If Trump wasn't winning, I wouldn't have done so in the first place, at least not so relentlessly.

NightTrain
03-15-2016, 09:31 AM
I like that term - "peaceful overthrow"! Awesome, right @hjmick (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=208) :)
hjmick is all about the Awesomesauce this election.

jimnyc
03-15-2016, 09:37 AM
Well, truth is then, folks have been jumping on Trump about his wall and desire to fix the issue of illegals coming across the Mexican border. Folks have been relentless in attacking him over this wall, and his ideas about getting Mexico to ultimately pay for it. Cruz obviously has a lot of support around the nation as well, but most don't even realize that he speaks of building a wall as well. Others point at Trump and talk about how wrong it is, and even Kasich talks about how it's not of our values to put up a wall and deny folks getting in. We've heard Rubio attack him over the wall. Pundits and so many more. But they don't even mention Cruz and a wall, let alone attack him for wanting to prevent folks from sneaking in.

When I pointed out awhile back that folks were spending an eternity on Trump, and ignoring the other candidates, and that was only helping him, I was told that the other candidates were in fact being posted about. I simply don't see it and haven't, otherwise a huge issue such as this would have been discussed.

NightTrain
03-15-2016, 09:41 AM
Well, truth is then, folks have been jumping on Trump about his wall and desire to fix the issue of illegals coming across the Mexican border. Folks have been relentless in attacking him over this wall, and his ideas about getting Mexico to ultimately pay for it. Cruz obviously has a lot of support around the nation as well, but most don't even realize that he speaks of building a wall as well. Others point at Trump and talk about how wrong it is, and even Kasich talks about how it's not of our values to put up a wall and deny folks getting in. We've heard Rubio attack him over the wall. Pundits and so many more. But they don't even mention Cruz and a wall, let alone attack him for wanting to prevent folks from sneaking in.

When I pointed out awhile back that folks were spending an eternity on Trump, and ignoring the other candidates, and that was only helping him, I was told that the other candidates were in fact being posted about. I simply don't see it and haven't, otherwise a huge issue such as this would have been discussed.

To be honest, I didn't know Cruz would build a wall before now. Color me embarrassed!

I'd be happy with either one of them at the helm. At this point, I'm happy with the GOP field whichever way it goes.

Black Diamond
03-15-2016, 10:05 AM

There's been talk of "securing the border" for quite some time. How did they expect to do that if not with a wall?

Black Diamond
03-15-2016, 10:07 AM
hjmick is all about the Awesomesauce this election.

hjmick doesn't give a flying rhinoceros shit :lol:

Kathianne
03-15-2016, 10:10 AM
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/01/ted-cruz-donald-trump-border-wall-mexico-217372

Indeed, Cruz has backed some form of a border barrier for years — since well before Trump announced his presidential bid.

In April 2012, during a Republican primary debate for the Senate seat Cruz now holds, he was asked (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEgJh-1i1Cw&feature=youtu.be) whether he would support building a fence along the southern border. "Yes," Cruz said. "We have an illegal immigration crisis, and we have to do everything humanly possible to secure the border. That means fences, that means walls."

"I think we need to use every tool humanly possible," Cruz said in a follow-up interview with Texas ABC affiliate WFAA. "I don't know the specific cost, but I guarantee you it is far less with the cost of illegal immigration in this country."

In 2013, Cruz voted in favor of an amendment by Sen. John Thune that would "require the completion of the 350 miles of reinforced, double layered fencing" along the southern border before "registered provisional immigrant status may be granted" and also the completion of "700 miles of such fencing before the status of registered provisional immigrants may be adjusted to permanent resident status." (The amendment failed.)

Back then, Trump was a Cruz fan. In January 2014, he even donated $5,000 to the senator's leadership political action committee, according to campaign finance records. "One of the reasons I like Ted Cruz so much is that he’s not controversial," he joked in February 2014 at a Republican Party dinner.

At a campaign stop in Boone, Iowa, this week, Cruz said (http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/ted-cruz-trump-will-let-deported-immigrants-back-in-i-wont#.xhmbENLLD) he would "absolutely" deport all immigrants in the country illegally and knocked Trump for saying he would let back in the "really good people (http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/29/politics/donald-trump-immigration-plan-healthcare-flip-flop/)."
“In fact, look, there’s a difference," Cruz said of Trump. "He’s advocated allowing folks to come back in and become citizens. I oppose that."

hjmick
03-15-2016, 06:02 PM
I see we have us a couple or three smart asses in the house... :laugh: