PDA

View Full Version : IL Voter Turnout?

Kathianne
03-15-2016, 10:15 AM
Well in my very unscientific reading of my fb page, looks like IL is having heavy turnout. My kids all voted already, one of their friends just posted that lines were very long at 9 am, in DuPage voting place. Same reading posts from friends and relatives.

Black Diamond
03-15-2016, 10:24 AM
Well in my very unscientific reading of my fb page, looks like IL is having heavy turnout. My kids all voted already, one of their friends just posted that lines were very long at 9 am, in DuPage voting place. Same reading posts from friends and relatives.

I am sure you're right. Turnout has been huge throughout the process.

jimnyc
03-15-2016, 11:24 AM
I don't remember which state, but I saw a blurb earlier today about one of them running out of ballots for the republicans.

Gunny
03-15-2016, 12:40 PM
I don't remember which state, but I saw a blurb earlier today about one of them running out of ballots for the republicans.

DO you know how they vote in IL? You go scrawl on a piece of paper and stick it in a cardboard box. Look at the size of the state. Except for "Stinky Weed" (that's what Chicago means), that place is rural farmland. The cockroaches that inhabit Chicago and Springfield dictate the politics of the state. And no offense to anyone from Chicago that has a brain. I'm talking about the mindless turnout voters.

However, to address your comment, having lived in rural IL, it's kind of hard to run out of post-its to vote on. :laugh:

Black Diamond
03-15-2016, 12:41 PM
DO you know how they vote in IL? You go scrawl on a piece of paper and stick it in a cardboard box. Look at the size of the state. Except for "Stinky Weed" (that's what Chicago means), that place is rural farmland. The cockroaches that inhabit Chicago and Springfield dictate the politics of the state. And no offense to anyone from Chicago that has a brain. I'm talking about the mindless turnout voters.

However, to address your comment, having lived in rural IL, it's kind of hard to run out of post-its to vote on. :laugh:
I heard they drudged the Chicago River and found ballots for Nixon :).

jimnyc
03-15-2016, 12:42 PM

Never been there, I'm sure you're 100% correct! But it is good that the republican numbers have been so much higher everywhere thus far, while the opposite is true for the demdummies.

Kathianne
03-15-2016, 12:44 PM

Gunny, your IL voting experience and mine were very different. Haven't seen paper in years. As for Chicago, a world unto its own.

Gunny
03-15-2016, 01:02 PM
Gunny, your IL voting experience and mine were very different. Haven't seen paper in years. As for Chicago, a world unto its own.

You're the one from Chicago, not me. I lived in a place that had 2 stop signs and I think one red light. I DID like it there, excepting the company I was keeping. We went (guess where?) to the First Baptist Church and voted on paper. The only thing there's more of in Farmington than Baptist churches are bars. And everyone else has a little house in between them.

But the voting was a joke. You try to vote like that in San Antonio and it'll be determined by when they get done laughing at you.

Kathianne
03-15-2016, 01:05 PM
You're the one from Chicago, not me. I lived in a place that had 2 stop signs and I think one red light. I DID like it there, excepting the company I was keeping. We went (guess where?) to the First Baptist Church and voted on paper. The only thing there's more of in Farmington than Baptist churches are bars. And everyone else has a little house in between them.

But the voting was a joke. You try to vote like that in San Antonio and it'll be determined by when they get done laughing at you.

I'm from DuPage County, pretty different in tenor from Chicago. Then again, very different than Southern or Western IL.

Gunny
03-15-2016, 01:10 PM
I'm from DuPage County, pretty different in tenor from Chicago. Then again, very different than Southern or Western IL.

I lived in a place that is officially called "Forgotonia". For a damned good reason. :laugh: If you're into corn or soy, you're at home. Fulton County. Again, I liked it there. You can drop right off the radar since they won't get that advanced for another hundred years. It's as backwards as it gets there.