PDA

View Full Version : Happy Ides of March

Kathianne
03-15-2016, 10:18 AM
https://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpl1/v/t1.0-9/1662533_10156556326050063_5964767918890644299_n.jp g?oh=3496d8c295fb67e714e258e641a13717&oe=57922AFB

jimnyc
03-15-2016, 11:31 AM
Oh my, what has the dressing ever done to you?

Black Diamond
03-15-2016, 11:38 AM
Oh my, what has the dressing ever done to you?

It voted for Trump.

jimnyc
03-15-2016, 11:50 AM
It voted for Trump.

That cracked me up! Damn racist dressing!!

Seriously though, you like Caesar, Kath? My fav is easily Blue/Bleu cheese!! But it must be the kind in the bottle and ooze out - because my wife sometimes gets me some nasty stuff that crumbles and is harder, and BLECK, that stuff tastes just gross.

Gunny
03-15-2016, 12:00 PM
That cracked me up! Damn racist dressing!!

Seriously though, you like Caesar, Kath? My fav is easily Blue/Bleu cheese!! But it must be the kind in the bottle and ooze out - because my wife sometimes gets me some nasty stuff that crumbles and is harder, and BLECK, that stuff tastes just gross.

Guess we have something in common after all. Blue cheese is my favorite. On a Chef's salad. That's chow down time around here.

What I don't get (and don't hate me) are goofballs that put ranch on pizza? What the crap is THAT about? :laugh:

jimnyc
03-15-2016, 12:02 PM
Guess we have something in common after all. Blue cheese is my favorite. On a Chef's salad. That's chow down time around here.

What I don't get (and don't hate me) are goofballs that put ranch on pizza? What the crap is THAT about? :laugh:

Chef's salad, and I like to put it on my cold antipasto salad as well, which I just did last week when we ordered Italian!

No way I put anything on my pizza like that. Pizza should be cheese and sauce and dough. I may dip some wings in blue cheese, but that's about it.

NightTrain
03-15-2016, 12:03 PM
Blech! How can you guys stand that moldy bleu cheese flavor?

Ranch dressing all the way... creamy ranch is my favorite.

But Ranch on pizza? No, that's awful.

jimnyc
03-15-2016, 12:05 PM

It's only moldy flavor if you eat the "real" stuff, when you see the dry chunks and such. But if you get a good CREAMY blue cheese, you don't get that flavor as harsh. Just don't EVER look at it under a microscope, no matter what! LOL

Gunny
03-15-2016, 12:22 PM

It's like this young 'un .... we didn't have ranch growing up. French, Russian, Italian and Blue cheese. Blue cheese is where ranch came from. However, the only thing going on MY pizza is some crushed red pepper. And I DO know a thing about pizza. I can still spin one. One of my first jobs as a teen. I can actually make one from scratch except I haven't figured out how to cut down that 50 lb batch of dough.:laugh:

Kathianne
03-15-2016, 12:27 PM
It's like this young 'un .... we didn't have ranch growing up. French, Russian, Italian and Blue cheese. Blue cheese is where ranch came from. However, the only thing going on MY pizza is some crushed red pepper. And I DO know a thing about pizza. I can still spin one. One of my first jobs as a teen. I can actually make one from scratch except I haven't figured out how to cut down that 50 lb batch of dough.:laugh:

:thumb:Ingredients

3 1/2 to 4 cups bread flour, plus more for rolling (Chef's Note: Using bread flour will give you a much crisper crust. If you can't find bread flour, you can substitute it with all-purpose flour which will give you a chewier crust.)
1 teaspoon sugar
1 envelope instant dry yeast
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 1/2 cups water, 110 degrees F
2 tablespoons olive oil, plus 2 teaspoons

Directions

Combine the bread flour, sugar, yeast and kosher salt in the bowl of a stand mixer and combine. While the mixer is running, add the water and 2 tablespoons of the oil and beat until the dough forms into a ball. If the dough is sticky, add additional flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the dough comes together in a solid ball. If the dough is too dry, add additional water, 1 tablespoon at a time. Scrape the dough onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead into a smooth, firm ball.

Grease a large bowl with the remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil, add the dough, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and put it in a warm area to let it double in size, about 1 hour. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and divide it into 2 equal pieces. Cover each with a clean kitchen towel or plastic wrap and let them rest for 10 minutes.

NightTrain
03-15-2016, 12:40 PM

You didn't have automobiles either, but you still upgraded from a horse! :laugh2:

Agree about the peppers on the pizza. Used to drive me nuts watching my little brother put ketchup on his pizza... I love both, but not together! About the only thing he didn't put ketchup on was ice cream... it was gross.

Abbey Marie
03-15-2016, 01:38 PM

I'm going to guess that your pizza has too much cheese, not enough tomato sauce, for my taste.

New York pizza IS pizza!

Oh, and the only good Caesar dressing is handmade dressing.

Abbey Marie
03-15-2016, 01:39 PM
You didn't have automobiles either, but you still upgraded from a horse! :laugh2:

Agree about the peppers on the pizza. Used to drive me nuts watching my little brother put ketchup on his pizza... I love both, but not together! About the only thing he didn't put ketchup on was ice cream... it was gross.

Oh. dear. god.

Perianne
03-15-2016, 05:01 PM
I'm going to guess that your pizza has too much cheese, not enough tomato sauce, for my taste.

New York pizza IS pizza!

Oh, and the only good Caesar dressing is handmade dressing.

New York pizza is the oh-my-gosh best pizza ever! My daughter and I went to NYC a few years ago and pizza was all I wanted to eat. There is just something special about it.

jimnyc
03-15-2016, 05:07 PM
New York pizza is the oh-my-gosh best pizza ever! My daughter and I went to NYC a few years ago and pizza was all I wanted to eat. There is just something special about it.

Gotta have it from Sal's by my area. Best pizza in the world! Well, if you like the typical NY style pizza anyway. Just the perfect blend of sauce/cheese, the dough is perfect and they don't make it too thick or thin. And I actually like going in for slices better, as the reheated slices always taste better for some reason.

They don't deliver though. The owner said he doesn't want his pizza rep harmed by drivers being late with cold food, or being rude and such. Good idea, but still sucks for lazy people like me. :laugh:

Gunny
03-15-2016, 05:42 PM

You need to get your stuff together. Horses my ass. We rode bronto's into battle. And i HATE ketchup.

hjmick
03-15-2016, 06:06 PM
Did you know that every month has an Ides?

gabosaurus
03-15-2016, 06:35 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EBMo8xHGNs

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-15-2016, 10:01 PM
https://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpl1/v/t1.0-9/1662533_10156556326050063_5964767918890644299_n.jp g?oh=3496d8c295fb67e714e258e641a13717&oe=57922AFB

I KNOW...
Friday back half of our home got flooded, been busy ripping out walls, carpets insulation etc and now drying all before replacing.
One big mess. --Tyr