PDA

View Full Version : Ohio

jimnyc
03-16-2016, 04:33 AM
We all know this is an important state in the general election, as no president has ever taken office while losing Ohio.

Kasich took Ohio last evening, as did Clinton on the Dem side. But pay attention to the numbers as well. Let's "assume" for a moment that the general does in fact turn out to be Clinton against Trump.

Clinton won Ohio with nearly 677,000 votes. Trump, while in a losing effort, got nearly 727,000 votes. And now let's take an informal number at party totals:

Dems - 1,189,000

Republicans - 1,948,000 and that's leaving off Rubio's numbers

I know it doesn't mean much. But again, "assume" that even a small amount of voters from Cruz/Kasich should move towards Trump. The Republicans already got out the vote by more than 700,000+ votes without seeing if any voters move from other primary candidates.

It also gives a slight picture as to how many folks came out in Ohio to vote.

And Florida:

Democrats - 1,658,853
Republicans - 2,271,552

And this has been playing out similarly all over. Republicans are coming out in large numbers, record numbers in some places. Meanwhile, the dems have been coming out in much lower numbers than in 2012 and prior.

Perianne
03-16-2016, 04:41 AM
I agree and have thought of that. But we have to factor Kathianne and her ilk into the equation. Likewise, Olivia has expressed severe dislike for Trump.

I think many Republicans are going to sit this one out, or worse, vote for Hillary or a third party just for spite. Those people are the same kind who loyally read National Review and other such refuse, where anti-Trumpism is fomented.

jimnyc
03-16-2016, 04:52 AM
I agree and have thought of that. But we have to factor Kathianne and her ilk into the equation. Likewise, Olivia has expressed severe dislike for Trump.

I think many Republicans are going to sit this one out, or worse, vote for Hillary or a third party just for spite. Those people are the same kind who loyally read National Review and other such refuse, where anti-Trumpism is fomented.

I don't think it's their fault, of course. And just like us, they are deserved of voting for who they think is best for our country, or staying away from someone they feel is bad for our country. I don't want to blame others for who they vote for, nor for any results, nor for any future results.

I know there are a lot that despise Trump. I also despise Hillary even more, and Sanders to a lesser extent, but certainly more so than anyone on the (R) side.

While some may get angry within our party for whom others may vote for, the same will be said on the other side. They have even more voting against their leader. While Hillary is getting all of the delegates, Sanders is getting a lot of the vote. Will they all move over to Hillary when she gets the nomination? Probably an awful lot. Hopefully, and I'll be praying that she gets indicted. I think she drops if that's the case. And if she stays in, then I think a lot of the Sanders folks will move away from her or stay home.

We all will have to vote with our consciences come November. There are a lot of things on the line outside of just the White House. We have illegal immigration, of course nominating a justice, Obamacare... And if they get their way in the beginning, will we ultimately see changes with the 2nd, or just as bad, with abortion. Will ISIS be handled the same? I doubt it. Freebies will continue. Obama added onto the national debt more than every prez in history combined - will the Dems continue that? In other words, a LOT on the line. For me? Too much to get angry and stay home or vote for the other side. But I won't get angry if others want to use their right to vote, and then vote for someone I disagree with. That's life, I suppose.

Perianne
03-16-2016, 04:56 AM
I don't think it's their fault, of course. And just like us, they are deserved of voting for who they think is best for our country, or staying away from someone they feel is bad for our country. I don't want to blame others for who they vote for, nor for any results, nor for any future results.

I know there are a lot that despise Trump. I also despise Hillary even more, and Sanders to a lesser extent, but certainly more so than anyone on the (R) side.

While some may get angry within our party for whom others may vote for, the same will be said on the other side. They have even more voting against their leader. While Hillary is getting all of the delegates, Sanders is getting a lot of the vote. Will they all move over to Hillary when she gets the nomination? Probably an awful lot. Hopefully, and I'll be praying that she gets indicted. I think she drops if that's the case. And if she stays in, then I think a lot of the Sanders folks will move away from her or stay home.

We all will have to vote with our consciences come November. There are a lot of things on the line outside of just the White House. We have illegal immigration, of course nominating a justice, Obamacare... And if they get their way in the beginning, will we ultimately see changes with the 2nd, or just as bad, with abortion. Will ISIS be handled the same? I doubt it. Freebies will continue. Obama added onto the national debt more than every prez in history combined - will the Dems continue that? In other words, a LOT on the line. For me? Too much to get angry and stay home or vote for the other side. But I won't get angry if others want to use their right to vote, and then vote for someone I disagree with. That's life, I suppose.

I won't get angry, either. I was just making the point that many Republicans despise Trump and will stay away from him.

I have stated before on here that I voted third-party AGAINST McCain. I preferred Obama win than him.

jimnyc
03-16-2016, 05:04 AM
I won't get angry, either. I was just making the point that many Republicans despise Trump and will stay away from him.

I have stated before on here that I voted third-party AGAINST McCain. I preferred Obama win than him.

I admit that I'm a "homer" at times and will vote NOT for my first choice, but for the one I think will beat the democrat crap running on the opposite side. And while I think that's the best option overall for the party, I surely won't get upset with anyone that votes differently.

I think getting out to vote itself is VERY important for our country. I can't stand when folks stay home and ignore the election. I like to see people involved in the process. And if they are voting for who they truly think is best for our country, then I'm just fine with that.

NightTrain
03-16-2016, 05:39 AM
GOP voters are way up, breaking records while Dems are way down.

Of course, this isn't the general, but still - it shows a lack of enthusiasm for the democrats.

There's still plenty of time to sign up cemetaries en masse to vote Hellary! :coffee:

Perianne
03-16-2016, 05:40 AM
GOP voters are way up, breaking records while Dems are way down.

Of course, this isn't the general, but still - it shows a lack of enthusiasm for the democrats.

There's still plenty of time to sign up cemetaries en masse to vote Hellary! :coffee:

Remember ACORN? I wonder where they are today?

NightTrain
03-16-2016, 05:45 AM
Remember ACORN? I wonder where they are today?

As I recall, they got into some serious hot water with their shenanigans. Probably disbanded after the national spotlight shone upon their evildoing!

More accurately, they're probably still operating under another name. Debbie Wasserman-Schultz knows.

darin
03-16-2016, 06:02 AM
Here's the thing with Ohio. Ohio sucks ass. As a state. It's the worst.

NightTrain
03-16-2016, 06:19 AM
Here's the thing with Ohio. Ohio sucks ass. As a state. It's the worst.

Is it as bad as Nebraska? That has to be THE most boring state I've ever driven through.

Perianne
03-16-2016, 06:26 AM
Is it as bad as Nebraska? That has to be THE most boring state I've ever driven through.

Cincinnati is one of the worst cities ever in the history of cities. It is a stinky armpit.

I've never been farther north than Columbus, which is a nice city.

darin
03-16-2016, 06:51 AM

It's not that its boring its that its people can't drive...the elect "leaders" who do terrible things...and they can't drive. :)

Drummond
03-16-2016, 07:28 AM
Some of the sentiment expressed on this thread reminds me of Rubio's campaign suspension speech last night.

It's an 'ideal' state of mind to not want to go around apportioning blame for political disagreements and alternative candidate choices. Nonetheless ... this IS the future of America you're talking about here ! A bad choice, leading to a bad victory, is something that'll impact on you all for many years to come. Resentment of such consequences surely has to follow ???