PDA

View Full Version : Boehner backs Paul Ryan for president

jimnyc
03-16-2016, 08:41 AM
Things get weirder and weirder.

-----

Former House Speaker John Boehner Wednesday endorsed current House Speaker Paul Ryan to be the Republican presidential nominee.

At the Republican convention, “anybody can be nominated,” Boehner said at a conference in Boca Raton, Fla.

“If we don’t have a nominee who can win on the first ballot, I’m for none of the above,” Boehner said. "They all had a chance to win. None of them won. So I’m for none of the above. I’m for Paul Ryan to be our nominee.”

Over the last few months, Boehner has privately said that he thought Ryan would be a good candidate to heal a fractured party. The former speaker — who splits his time between Florida, Ohio and D.C. — has said in casual conversations that he thinks Ryan would be a good option if the party has not coalesced around a GOP candidate before the convention. Ryan's staff has recoiled at the notion, saying it was an "incredibly remote scenario," and the "speaker has no interest in it."

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/03/boehner-endorses-paul-ryan-for-president-220855

Kathianne
03-16-2016, 08:43 AM
A very stupid idea from a person that should have just retired quietly.

Gunny
03-16-2016, 09:04 AM
I'm sorry but truly I am LMAO at this one. Not nice to make me laugh this early. So Mr "I can't Man My Post" has endorsed WHO? WTF is a Paul Ryan? Is this like Abbot endorsing Costello?

Black Diamond
03-16-2016, 09:06 AM
Given how he gave into him, boehner should find out who Obama wants and endorse him.

NightTrain
03-16-2016, 09:08 AM
I wish Mittens and Boner would just go away already. They were both miserable failures.

Ryan already had to threaten legal action to a group that was trying to start a movement to get him to throw his hat in the ring. Ryan isn't interested and certainly wants no part of the circus that will ensure doom for the party.

Black Diamond
03-16-2016, 09:10 AM
I wish Mittens and Boner would just go away already. They were both miserable failures.

Ryan already had to threaten legal action to a group that was trying to start a movement to get him to throw his hat in the ring. Ryan isn't interested and certainly wants no part of the circus that will ensure doom for the party.
Egos and desire for influence are quite powerful.

NightTrain
03-16-2016, 09:11 AM
Egos and desire for influence are quite powerful.

Indeed. But these two shitheads had their chance, blew it, and are now irrelevant despite their lofty opinions of their 'clout'. They have no clout whatsoever as far as I'm concerned.

Black Diamond
03-16-2016, 09:17 AM
Indeed. But these two shitheads had their chance, blew it, and are now irrelevant despite their lofty opinions of their 'clout'. They have no clout whatsoever as far as I'm concerned.

I agree. They are idiots. Epic failures.

Bilgerat
03-16-2016, 10:15 AM
Further proof that the establishment wants to continue to run things

If these clowns had spent even a third of the time and energy keeping the promises made to the public that they've spent on trying to gerrymander this nomination process, they wouldn't have the mess they're in now.

Time to clean house!

jimnyc
03-16-2016, 10:53 AM
Paul Ryan slams door on potential 2016 GOP nomination

Washington (CNN)House Speaker Paul Ryan slammed the door shut Wednesday on accepting the Republican presidential nomination, should it be offered to him at a contested Republican convention in July.

"The speaker is grateful for the support, but he is not interested. He will not accept a nomination and believes our nominee should be someone who ran this year," Ryan spokeswoman AshLee Strong said.

Ryan has consistently said he does not want to be his party's nominee for president. But former House Speaker John Boehner told a conference of futures trading executives Wednesday that Ryan should be the party's pick if no one was selected on the first ballot at the convention.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/16/politics/paul-ryan-brokered-convention-2016-nomination/index.html