PDA

View Full Version : "Time To Reflect" GOP Money Men

Kathianne
03-18-2016, 08:32 AM
http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2016-03-16/republicans-rejected-elite-agenda-along-with-rubio

I don't know if this analysis actually hits the nail, but an observation regarding the gist: Neither the Trump supporters or those who are never going to vote for him, disagree on every step the moneymen have taken thus far. From backing Jeb in the beginning to the Romney debacle, to floating the idea of an 'outside candidate' in a brokered convention. What the possibility of a contested convention will bring? Jury will remain out for awhile-got to see if Trump doesn't just make that moot first of all. If not, then got to see how 'close' is 'close.'

Republicans Rejected Elite Agenda Along With RubioThe Florida senator, who tried to re-brand a traditional platform championed by party insiders, found little support from voters.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-18-2016, 09:07 AM
http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2016-03-16/republicans-rejected-elite-agenda-along-with-rubio

I don't know if this analysis actually hits the nail, but an observation regarding the gist: Neither the Trump supporters or those who are never going to vote for him, disagree on every step the moneymen have taken thus far. From backing Jeb in the beginning to the Romney debacle, to floating the idea of an 'outside candidate' in a brokered convention. What the possibility of a contested convention will bring? Jury will remain out for awhile-got to see if Trump doesn't just make that moot first of all. If not, then got to see how 'close' is 'close.'

Short version IMHO-- they found Rubio far less trustworthy than Trump AND CERTAINLY FAR, FAR LESS ATTUNED TO WHAT THE CONSERVATIVES WANTS.
IT WASN'T JUST TRUMP SUPPORTERS THAT REJECTED RUBIO.

Myself, his deceit on immigration and history on that issue doomed him. -TYR

Kathianne
03-18-2016, 09:12 AM
Short version IMHO-- they found Rubio far less trustworthy than Trump AND CERTAINLY FAR, FAR LESS ATTUNED TO WHAT THE CONSERVATIVES WANTS.
IT WASN'T JUST TRUMP SUPPORTERS THAT REJECTED RUBIO.

Myself, his deceit on immigration and history on that issue doomed him. -TYR

I don't think Rubio had much to do with anything. He was not first or even second choice of the moneymen. He was just not Cruz or Trump. Honestly, I think the moneymen are behind Kasich now.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-18-2016, 09:20 AM
I don't think Rubio had much to do with anything. He was not first or even second choice of the moneymen. He was just not Cruz or Trump. Honestly, I think the moneymen are behind Kasich now.

In my comment, the "they" that I mentioned are the voters.
Did Rubio get far outspent in Florida? Enough to say it was about money and money men?
I ask because I haven't a clue on that, my having been sidelined a lot by my home having been flooded and
family health concerns.-Tyr

Kathianne
03-18-2016, 09:28 AM
In my comment, the "they" that I mentioned are the voters.
Did Rubio get far outspent in Florida? Enough to say it was about money and money men?
I ask because I haven't a clue on that, my having been sidelined a lot by my home having been flooded and
family health concerns.-Tyr

I think Rubio lost because many saw he couldn't win, didn't have 'the path.'

I think what's going on basically reflects Gunny's thread on Trump all the time and the concerns the media is placing on the GOP machinations.

What it seems to me to be missing is that a whole bunch of people that used to see themselves as GOP or moderate democrats want none of them, Trump just being the one that gets all the focus. In any case, what appears to be happening is just the arise of a new political faction. Will it replace or dilute what was the 'conservative' choice will eventually crystallize.