PDA

View Full Version : Say what you like about door to door Christians...

Noir
03-19-2016, 09:21 AM
but never doubt their optimism.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j176/jonathan-mcc/image_zpsqqrcsc3n.jpeg (http://s80.photobucket.com/user/jonathan-mcc/media/image_zpsqqrcsc3n.jpeg.html)

revelarts
03-19-2016, 10:19 AM
Jesus takes everyone, equal opportunity savoir.

Gunny
03-19-2016, 10:23 AM
Jesus entreats Christians to spread the Word. Instead of being a walking penis about it, don't answer the door. They won't stand there all day. I'm a Southern Baptist and had a nice conversation the other day with a Jehova's Witness. And we definitely ain't on the same page.

And what you are offered is not damnation. It's salvation. YOU condemn yourself to damnation.

jimnyc
03-19-2016, 10:25 AM
Open the door naked with a huge bong and ask them if they would like a hit. I don't know if its the nekkidness or the bong, but they leave every time.

Noir
03-19-2016, 10:29 AM
Instead of being a walking penis about it, don't answer the door. They won't stand there all day

0,o
That sounds a lot more rude than the convo in the OP.

Elessar
03-19-2016, 10:31 AM
0,o

You come across as being very selfish and narrow-minded.

Gunny
03-19-2016, 10:54 AM
0,o

You call it rude? Insulting their religion by rebuking them sounds a LOT more rude to me. I don't answer the door on Halloween either. They just move on.

Elessar
03-19-2016, 12:51 PM
You call it rude? Insulting their religion by rebuking them sounds a LOT more rude to me. I don't answer the door on Halloween either. They just move on.

One day that boy might grow up and mature...

I never understood what it is with pencil-necked gay boys.

<shrugs>...must be the safety of hiding behind a screen.</shrugs>

jimnyc
03-19-2016, 12:53 PM

You would have been in trouble with me when I was a kid. If we were able to tell someone was in there, and ignored us, we would leave THEM a treat. :)

jimnyc
03-19-2016, 01:10 PM
Here's another way to get rid of pretty much anyone unknown that comes to your front door!

** NSFW **

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSVgzGsel0I

Gunny
03-19-2016, 01:12 PM
You would have been in trouble with me when I was a kid. If we were able to tell someone was in there, and ignored us, we would leave THEM a treat. :)

You can't tell. I hole up in the back room with my favorite Frankenstein or Dracula movie and stay put. You'd need CSI to find out if I'm home. :laugh:

Abbey Marie
03-19-2016, 01:20 PM

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j176/jonathan-mcc/image_zpsqqrcsc3n.jpeg (http://s80.photobucket.com/user/jonathan-mcc/media/image_zpsqqrcsc3n.jpeg.html)

The evangelists did exactly the right thing. How great it would be if homeowners decided to seek salvation, but what they decide to do with that info is now up to them.

Russ
03-19-2016, 01:28 PM

The door to door Christians aren't offering the guy damnation... he's already achieving that on his own. They're offering him the alternative.

Gunny
03-19-2016, 01:32 PM
The evangelists did exactly the right thing. How great it would be homeowners decided to seek salvation, but what they decide to do with that info is now up to them.

They are optimistic because their faith tells them who "wins" in the end. :cool:

I honestly don't like what they do. I DO understand them and why they do it. Respectful ones don't bother me. But I've had them stop me in the middle of mowing my law. It's like, what part of this two stroke motor running can't you hear? Maybe if I rolled it over your feet you'd get a clue? THOSE are the people no one likes and what gives them a bad name. It's 4:30 in the afternoon, 90 degrees out and I'm mowing the lawn. Think you could find a better time?

Abbey Marie
03-19-2016, 01:38 PM
I honestly don't like what they do. I DO understand them and why they do it. Respectful ones don't bother me. But I've had them stop me in the middle of mowing my law. It's like, what part of this two stroke motor running can't you hear? Maybe if I rolled it over your feet you'd get a clue? THOSE are the people no one likes and what gives them a bad name. It's 4:30 in the afternoon, 90 degrees out and I'm mowing the lawn. Think you could find a better time?

I understand. And you are talking to someone who doesn't answer the door to anyone I am not expecting. I don't fault them for trying, though. And who knows? Maybe I'm an optimist, too, but that little pamphlet could change a life.

aboutime
03-19-2016, 01:46 PM
Best way to answer a door when you know they are there to preach is....Be in your Undies, and grab a can of beer, or a bottle of whiskey, and ask them if they like to party! NEVER FAILS:dance::dance::dance::dance:

tailfins
03-19-2016, 01:48 PM
I generally answer the door. Sometimes it gives you the chance to tell code enforcement or the homeowners association that you're about to trim that bush, bring in the trash cans, fix the fence or pull those weeds, etc. so that nothing "official" happens.

Noir
03-19-2016, 02:10 PM
The evangelists did exactly the right thing. How great it would be if homeowners decided to seek salvation, but what they decide to do with that info is now up to them.

As i mentioned, such optimism (:

Abbey Marie
03-19-2016, 03:25 PM
As i mentioned, such optimism (:

Kinda comes with the territory. :)

Black Diamond
03-19-2016, 03:37 PM
Noir ridiculing Christians again. Didn't see that coming.

Noir
03-19-2016, 05:48 PM
Noir ridiculing Christians again. Didn't see that coming.

I think the ladies never-beaten attitude is deserving of praise not ridicule!

Gunny
03-20-2016, 08:08 AM
I think the ladies never-beaten attitude is deserving of praise not ridicule!

SO, your "live and let live" policy applies to only those policies you approve of? Typical leftwingnut mind-think. It's okay to tear down half a city in protest over a perceived slight, but someone selling peace and salvation is a bad guy?

You might want to get your head n ass wired together. Tie both to your hands so can at least try to think before you type. You are "for" anything against anything good. Yet you preach a bunch of exclusionary sh*t. Reminds me of some film footage from 30s Germany.

Any books you want to burn while you're at it?

Jeff
03-20-2016, 08:46 AM
I don't believe I have ever had a Christian come to my house to preach to me, Now that I think about it we did have a guy from the church around the corner come by and invite us to a special dinner they where having. I told him I belonged to another church but I appreciated the offer, he said good deal and went on. Man that was so tough :rolleyes:

Heck I have Jehovah Witnesses come by from time to time, years ago I use to open the door with one of the Rotts standing next to me, yea they got the point, but then I grew up, they are doing what they believe is right, now a days I open the door and explain thank you but no thank you, have a nice day and the entire ordeal takes about 30 seconds, Yup sure is a tough one. :rolleyes:

jimnyc
03-20-2016, 08:51 AM
I get these kids coming by all the time. They have these chains around their necks with their ID badges very visible. Always selling some damn cookies or magazines or something. And if you chat with them, they aren't even from around here, and don't get commission for the sales, just get hourly pay. They must train them too, as the little buggers don't give up so easily. I tell them I am flat out broke and not a single penny to my name, and they still try and sell.

Gunny
03-20-2016, 09:00 AM
I get these kids coming by all the time. They have these chains around their necks with their ID badges very visible. Always selling some damn cookies or magazines or something. And if you chat with them, they aren't even from around here, and don't get commission for the sales, just get hourly pay. They must train them too, as the little buggers don't give up so easily. I tell them I am flat out broke and not a single penny to my name, and they still try and sell.

I like it when they act offended and try to get all belligerent. It's like, Do you see a friggin' invitation on my door? I don't care what you're selling, don't want any and go the F-away. I don't eat chocolate cookies.

I DO however buy Brownie Cookies. If they turn gay like the Boy Scouts, they can forget that shit.

Evangelicals don't usually bother me. The biddy committee that shows up after you've attended church 1 whole time DOES. Freakin' snoops.

Abbey Marie
03-20-2016, 10:36 AM
As a woman who is home alone sometimes, I just don't answer the door. Too many stories about people pushing their way into your house and robbing you. Or worse.

I am especially suspicious when the person at my door has no car.

Noir
03-20-2016, 01:14 PM
SO, your "live and let live" policy applies to only those policies you approve of? Typical leftwingnut mind-think. It's okay to tear down half a city in protest over a perceived slight, but someone selling peace and salvation is a bad guy?

You might want to get your head n ass wired together. Tie both to your hands so can at least try to think before you type. You are "for" anything against anything good. Yet you preach a bunch of exclusionary sh*t. Reminds me of some film footage from 30s Germany.

Any books you want to burn while you're at it?

I'm sure you can see a clear path between my posts and your response, but I'm at a loss.

Noir
03-20-2016, 01:24 PM
I DO however buy Brownie Cookies. If they turn gay like the Boy Scouts, they can forget that shit.

Are Brownie Cookies not 'Girl Scout' cookies?

Gunny
03-20-2016, 03:37 PM
Are Brownie Cookies not 'Girl Scout' cookies?

Yeah. I always would get them from the Brownies though. Little girls are WAY more appreciative than the older ones. If you can make a kid smile and giggle with a couple of bucks, it's worth it. You can or could get crappy-ass candles from cub scouts for a couple of bucks too. I remember peddling the damned things.

No one thinks about our children anymore. They just hand them crap to shut them up. Little kid's out earning something, I will support them.

The point is, people are trying. You don't have to shit on them. They're doing more than you are sitting around criticizing them.

Noir
03-20-2016, 04:01 PM

Yeah. I always would get them from the Brownies though.

It is my understanding that the Girl Scouts are much more accepting of LGBT* than the Boy Scouts are.

Gunny
03-20-2016, 04:07 PM
It is my understanding that the Girl Scouts are much more accepting of LGBT* than the Boy Scouts are.

WTF is an "LGTB"? If the "G" stands for gay, I wouldn't know. I used to suffer through Brownie meetings every week with my daughter. I never saw anything untoward going on or she'd have been yanked out of there so fast her hair would STILL be there.

BUT, what you are saying is you think acceptance is little fags is okay but it's not okay to accept evangelical Christians? What's wrong with THIS picture?

Gunny
03-20-2016, 04:19 PM

I will also make this point, Mr "Liberal": Jesus Christ was by definition the truest liberal ever. He accepted EVERYONE. He didn't pick and choose who was allowed to be in the crowd. The only time anyone knows of he lost his temper was when he threw over the Pharisees tax collecting tables. I guess he might have not liked the original IRS. They had made a mockery of the Church and God, and were tax collecting in His name.

Point is, from what I see, is that you people that call yourselves "liberal" are anything but. You look more like the Third Reich.

Noir
03-20-2016, 04:24 PM
WTF is an "LGTB"? If the "G" stands for gay, I wouldn't know. I used to suffer through Brownie meetings every week with my daughter. I never saw anything untoward going on or she'd have been yanked out of there so fast her hair would STILL be there.

BUT, what you are saying is you think acceptance is little fags is okay but it's not okay to accept evangelical Christians? What's wrong with THIS picture?

LGBT* is a common catch-all for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans*.

As as I thought, the Girl Scouts are much more accepting than the Boy Scouts, enjoy your cookies.

GSUSA’S POSITION ON SEXUAL ORIENTATION

A GSUA document entitled Girl Scouts Beyond Bars (https://www.girlscouts.org/who_we_are/our_partners/initiatives/pdf/appendix_special_issues.pdf), explains its policy.
Regarding sexual orientation, Girl Scouts of the USA holds fast to a commitment to embrace diversity and has in place a policy that prohibits discriminatory treatment of any kind, including on the basis of sexual orientation. This policy which applied to interactions with girls and adults, must be honored by every person working in the Girl Scout movement. Keep in mind that it is not appropriate to ask or assume what a girl’s sexual orientation is.

How has GSUSA supported the LGBT community?GSUSA’s inclusion policy allows transgender children to be Girl Scouts (http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/10/28/transgender-youth-brings-to-light-policies-within-girl-scouts/). Girl Scouts of Colorado stated (http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/girl-scouts-allow-7-year-old-boy-join-because-he-living-life-girl), “We accept all girls in kindergarten through 12th grade as members. If a child identifies as a girl and the child’s family presents her as a girl, Girl Scouts of Colorado welcomes her as a Girl Scout.”In 2007, GSUSA honored 18-year-old Girl Scout Madeline as a National Young Woman of Distinction (http://www.girlscouts.org/news/news_releases/2007/young_women_distinction_2007.asp)for her project promoting awareness to the intolerance shown to the LGBT community. This is the highest award given by GSUSA.GSUSA has featured additional resources (http://www.100questionsforthegirlscouts.org/100/lgbt_agenda.cfm) on its website for Girl Scouts to research, such as the Global Fund for Women and Tolerance.org. Each of these sites provides information and supports LGBT initiatives.At a 2011 Convention, GSUSA held a seminar called “Moving Beyond Diversity to Inclusion,” which discussed some LGBT issues. At this same convention, GSUSA honored Annise Parker, Houston’s first openly gay mayor, as a guest speaker.

LGBT Activists/Leaders of GSUSAUnlike the BSA, GSUSA welcomes leaders who are members of the LGBT community. Debra Nakatomi (http://www.nakatomipr.com/bio-debra.html), GSUSA Board Member, is an LGBT activist who provides training in advancing LGBT rights. Lynn Cothren (http://www.linkedin.com/pub/lynn-cothren/6/b27/b11/en), former GSUSA Director of Administration from 2005-12, is a gay-rights advocate, speaker, and former board member of the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force. Timothy Higdon (https://www.linkedin.com/in/timothyhigdon), former GSUSA Chief of External Affairs from 2010-12, is an LGBT activist, employee of Amnesty International, and a leader in the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force.

Gunny
03-20-2016, 04:47 PM
LGBT* is a common catch-all for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans*.

As as I thought, the Girl Scouts are much more accepting than the Boy Scouts, enjoy your cookies.

I will enjoy them. Unlike you, whatever they do behind closed doors without having to announce it to God and everyone is none of my business. Why don't you learn the meaning of the word liberal? Try an old English dictionary instead of the current online BS.

I don't give a crap what your sexual orientation is so get it out of my face. Or do I need to start prefacing who and what I am with "heterosexual"? I can hear y'all now. OMG he likes girls. :rolleyes:

Noir
03-20-2016, 04:58 PM
I will enjoy them. Unlike you, whatever they do behind closed doors without having to announce it to God and everyone is none of my business. Why don't you learn the meaning of the word liberal? Try an old English dictionary instead of the current online BS.

I don't give a crap what your sexual orientation is so get it out of my face. Or do I need to start prefacing who and what I am with "heterosexual"? I can hear y'all now. OMG he likes girls. :rolleyes:

Could you then clarify what you mean by "If they turn gay like the Boy Scouts, they can forget that shit."

jimnyc
03-20-2016, 05:03 PM
If I disagree with their stance on the issue - can I still eat the girl scout cookies? Not a big fan of their stance on the issue, but those cookies sure are good!!

I'll take my chances, I'm going with the cookies! http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_KW3S0od5s5U/TP8Z8ypIolI/AAAAAAAAGDo/snXgxKw3EQ0/s1600/cookie+sitting.jpg

Gunny
03-20-2016, 05:04 PM
Could you then clarify what you mean by "If they turn gay like the Boy Scouts, they can forget that shit."

Boy, we MUST be bored. Sure. Since I haven't bought GS cookies in years .... what's this got to do with door to door Christians? Second, I will NOT support any openly gay crap. All about choice, right?

Gunny
03-20-2016, 05:05 PM
If I disagree with their stance on the issue - can I still eat the girl scout cookies? Not a big fan of their stance on the issue, but those cookies sure are good!!

I'll take my chances, I'm going with the cookies! http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_KW3S0od5s5U/TP8Z8ypIolI/AAAAAAAAGDo/snXgxKw3EQ0/s1600/cookie+sitting.jpg

Stop trying to get cookies, a$$. It ain't even cookie season yet. :slap:

Black Diamond
03-20-2016, 05:09 PM

I don't think Cookie monster is allowed to eat cookies anymore

Abbey Marie
03-20-2016, 05:13 PM

He's allowed if they are Gluten-free. :laugh2:

Noir
03-20-2016, 05:21 PM
Boy, we MUST be bored. Sure. Since I haven't bought GS cookies in years .... what's this got to do with door to door Christians? Second, I will NOT support any openly gay crap. All about choice, right?

Sure thing, I just don't get why you're fine buying Girl Scout cookies, but not Boy Scout ones, when Girl Scouts are openly supportive of the LGBT* community and the Boy Scouts are not. It's got nothing to do with Christians, but you brought it up...

jimnyc
03-20-2016, 05:22 PM
Stop trying to get cookies, a$$. It ain't even cookie season yet. :slap:

I can't wait. I don't even remember the name of my favorites, I forget every year! They are those chocolate striped ones, brown something or other on the outside, coconut maybe? I can eat them suckers by the thousand!

jimnyc
03-20-2016, 05:23 PM

Why? Is he dead or something? I stopped watching sesame like 44 years ago. Is the fat bastard finally on a diet?

jimnyc
03-20-2016, 05:24 PM
Sure thing, I just don't get why you're fine buying Girl Scout cookies, but not Boy Scout ones, when Girl Scouts are openly supportive of the LGBT* community and the Boy Scouts are not. It's got nothing to do with Christians, but you brought it up...

Ain't no damn boy scout cookies!! Are there? I don't think so.

Gunny
03-20-2016, 05:25 PM

And people wonder what we're coming to. Jeez. I'd have hated growing up now. Can someone vote these people out? Like NOW? Gluten free is a scam. Fat free is a scam. Most of our crap has been gluten free for ages. Most of the crap we eat never had any. People are so damned dumb sometimes.

When I was growing up, potatoes were fattening. Then in my 20s they became good for you. Same with milk. It was bad. Now it's good.

Give the freakin Cookie Monster a Chips Ahoy dammit. It ain't like his name is Tofu Monster (I could understand him not eating that sh*t).

jimnyc
03-20-2016, 05:27 PM
Give the freakin Cookie Monster a Chips Ahoy dammit.

That's what I'm talking about, let the fat man eat what he wants!! :thumb:

Noir
03-20-2016, 05:29 PM

Why don't Boy Scouts make cookies? 0,o

jimnyc
03-20-2016, 05:31 PM
Why don't Boy Scouts make cookies? 0,o

Cuz the girls already cornered the market. Little heathens!! :laugh:

Abbey Marie
03-20-2016, 05:31 PM
I can't wait. I don't even remember the name of my favorites, I forget every year! They are those chocolate striped ones, brown something or other on the outside, coconut maybe? I can eat them suckers by the thousand!

Samoas?

jimnyc
03-20-2016, 05:33 PM
Samoas?

That's them!! I always think of "Samoans". You would think I would remember that name. But yeah, they rock and roll, I could so easily eat an entire box of them at night in front of a movie. :beer:

Abbey Marie
03-20-2016, 05:34 PM
That's them!! I always think of "Samoans". You would think I would remember that name. But yeah, they rock and roll, I could so easily eat an entire box of them at night in front of a movie. :beer:

They are very good!

Black Diamond
03-20-2016, 05:34 PM

Oh man. Those two words.

Gunny
03-20-2016, 05:35 PM

I've eaten them damned things until I was sick.

Black Diamond
03-20-2016, 05:35 PM

Eventually there will be transgender scout cookies.

Black Diamond
03-20-2016, 05:36 PM
I've eaten them damned things until I was sick.

I like the windmills and the thin mints.

Kathianne
03-20-2016, 05:38 PM
Boy Scouts sell awesome popcorn!

Abbey Marie
03-20-2016, 05:41 PM
Boy Scouts see awesome popcorn!

Many years ago, they used to sell light bulbs. Not LED- those heathens!

Gunny
03-20-2016, 06:08 PM
Many years ago, they used to sell light bulbs. Not LED- those heathens!

They've moved up to lightbulbs? Damned. We had them cheesy little candles when I was a Cub Scout. :laugh:

indago
03-20-2016, 06:22 PM

I wonder what those will taste like...

jimnyc
03-20-2016, 08:37 PM

"Hi, I'm from the Transgender Scouts of America. I know I look like a little girl, but I'm actually 19 and have a penis tucked in. Would you like to buy some cookies?"

http://i.imgur.com/dJzBthf.jpg

Gunny
03-20-2016, 08:43 PM
"Hi, I'm from the Transgender Scouts of America. I know I look like a little girl, but I'm actually 19 and have a penis tucked in. Would you like to buy some cookies?"

http://i.imgur.com/dJzBthf.jpg

I shoulda known ...Geez ...

aboutime
03-20-2016, 08:47 PM
I wonder what those will taste like...

Since you had to ask. Which were you talking about? The cookies, or the Tranny?

indago
03-20-2016, 10:55 PM
Since you had to ask. Which were you talking about? The cookies, or the Tranny?

You are one strange dude...

STRANGE (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?48009-Protect-amp-Serve&p=791524#post791524)

sundaydriver
03-21-2016, 10:19 AM

When you answer the door wearing $200 Jordan's and holding 5 or 6 electronic devises, it doesn't plead poverty well.

As for Evangelists at the door, I'm not sure I ever had any. Jehovah Witnesses though, too many. I miss my overly protective Retriever that wouldn't let strangers out of their cars. After too many of them made it to my door after being put on their do not bother map of houses, I just thanked them for coming but I'm not the type of person to join a cult. That stopped them!

aboutime
03-21-2016, 02:45 PM
You are one strange dude...

STRANGE (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?48009-Protect-amp-Serve&p=791524#post791524)

Once again. I agree with you. You ARE STRANGE. Keep repeating it as you do, is like talking to yourself in a mirror.

indago
03-21-2016, 02:55 PM
Once again. I agree with you. You ARE STRANGE. Keep repeating it as you do, is like talking to yourself in a mirror.

LAME (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?53870-The-Obama-Threats-against-FREE-SPEECH-are-alive-in-this-TEXAS-video&p=798382#post798382)

aboutime
03-21-2016, 04:24 PM
LAME (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?53870-The-Obama-Threats-against-FREE-SPEECH-are-alive-in-this-TEXAS-video&p=798382#post798382)

YUP! LAME works for ya too! Your ability to flatter yourself is comical.

crin63
03-22-2016, 08:52 AM
I'm a Baptist here in the L.A. area. Our church goes door to door but we just invite people to church. We don't try to witness to them at the door. We hand them a door hanger with a map on it if they want it. We don't argue, discuss or debate with them. Just a neighborly invite. If they are obviously busy we leave them alone. We try to be friendly and courteous.

We have an alternative to Halloween at our church on that night. No makeup or costumes. Just pizza, games and fun for the kids and adults. A short devotional and then bags full candy for everyone.

jimnyc
03-22-2016, 09:06 AM
I'm a Baptist here in the L.A. area. Our church goes door to door but we just invite people to church. We don't try to witness to them at the door. We hand them a door hanger with a map on it if they want it. We don't argue, discuss or debate with them. Just a neighborly invite. If they are obviously busy we leave them alone. We try to be friendly and courteous.

We have an alternative to Halloween at our church on that night. No makeup or costumes. Just pizza, games and fun for the kids and adults. A short devotional and then bags full candy for everyone.

Just wanted to say hello, been awhile since we've seen you around! Hope all is well with you. :)

crin63
03-22-2016, 10:17 AM
Just wanted to say hello, been awhile since we've seen you around! Hope all is well with you. :)

Thanks Jim! My political addiction got the best of me.

Abbey Marie
03-22-2016, 10:46 AM
Thanks Jim! My political addiction got the best of me.

This primary will do that to you. :cool:

Jeff
03-23-2016, 08:58 AM

What's going on Crin, how ya been doing? Long time no see.

crin63
03-23-2016, 09:27 AM
What's going on Crin, how ya been doing? Long time no see.

Hey Jeff! I'm good my friend! How you doing?

Jeff
03-24-2016, 07:25 AM
Hey Jeff! I'm good my friend! How you doing?

Same Ol same ol Brother, riding around on the scooters try to bring the word to folks that wouldn't get it any other way. Man it's great to see ya back, heck stick around for a while. Even after this mess called a election gets sorted out we still have a great bunch of folks here. OK Bro welcome back again, talk soon.