PDA

View Full Version : Nevada

OCA
07-17-2007, 07:10 PM
Dude the dredging up of dead threads from months ago just to boost your post count is transparent and quite frankly laughable, give it a freakin rest already!

Try working on your post QUALITY and worry less about the quantity.

nevadamedic
07-17-2007, 07:13 PM
Dude the dredging up of dead threads from months ago just to boost your post count is transparent and quite frankly laughable, give it a freakin rest already!

It's called making conversation, get bent.

OCA
07-17-2007, 07:17 PM

Work on your quality, your quality level is currently zero but your knowledge of the smilie list is 100% A+.

Its like looking at a shit filled head having to wade through all your nonsense looking for the meat of the conversation, gets old and I ain't the only one who feels this way either.

nevadamedic
07-17-2007, 07:19 PM
Work on your quality, your quality level is currently zero but your knowledge of the smilie list is 100% A+.

Its like looking at a shit filled head having to wade through all your nonsense looking for the meat of the conversation, gets old and I ain't the only one who feels this way either.

Like I care. :fu:

OCA
07-17-2007, 07:29 PM
WHERE THE FUCK IS THE POST I JUST POSTED HERE??????????????????

Do not piss me off tonight staff, don't delete my posts again.

OCA
07-17-2007, 07:35 PM
Gee, guess I don't get the courtesy of being told via pm why some fuck is deleting my posts but yet we leave the posts of a nobody welfare collector up for all to read.

nevadamedic
07-17-2007, 07:42 PM
Gee, guess I don't get the courtesy of being told via pm why some fuck is deleting my posts but yet we leave the posts of a nobody welfare collector up for all to read.

I have never taken welfare in my life. You make all the assumptions about me that you want, it doesn't bother me. I just feel sorry for you comeing on here attacking people you know nothing about.

OCA
07-17-2007, 07:47 PM
I have never taken welfare in my life.

Disability, if its from the government its welfare, and yeah if you could volunteer for God knows what at the Tahoe fires and your arms, legs and mind function properly then you sure as hell can work. As an American you should be pulling your own weight and not having taxpayers like me pull it for you.

Regardless clean up your post quality and quit dredging up long dead shit just to boost your post count.......its pathetic.

nevadamedic
07-17-2007, 08:03 PM
Disability, if its from the government its welfare, and yeah if you could volunteer for God knows what at the Tahoe fires and your arms, legs and mind function properly then you sure as hell can work. As an American you should be pulling your own weight and not having taxpayers like me pull it for you.

Regardless clean up your post quality and quit dredging up long dead shit just to boost your post count.......its pathetic.

Shows how much you know, it's a private insurance company, and yes I went down to the shelter to try and comfort my femmow himan beings who suffered great loss, you should try it sometime instead of trying to fight everyone. Every thing I have ever done requires skills I can't use right now so I cant afford to go back to work doing something of a lesser skiil as I don't make as much money as they insurance company pays me(which is only 1/3 of what I normally make). I would give anything to be able to go back to work and do the things I love to do again and until you experience what im g oing through you will never know and thats tragic.

OCA
07-17-2007, 08:07 PM
Shows how much you know, it's a private insurance company, and yes I went down to the shelter to try and comfort my femmow himan beings who suffered great loss, you should try it sometime instead of trying to fight everyone. Every thing I have ever done requires skills I can't use right now so I cant afford to go back to work doing something of a lesser skiil as I don't make as much money as they insurance company pays me(which is only 1/3 of what I normally make). I would give anything to be able to go back to work and do the things I love to do again and until you experience what im g oing through you will never know and thats tragic.

You will forgive me if i'm skeptical of this post.

Dilloduck
07-17-2007, 08:09 PM

Does typing a response to everything that's posted here make you feel better?

OCA
07-17-2007, 08:12 PM

God, somebody who understands!

The 1 and two word "right on!" posts to every little thing are ridiculous......don't even get me started on the threads he starts!

nevadamedic
07-17-2007, 08:13 PM

Yup.

OCA
07-17-2007, 08:14 PM
Yup.

And he says I got problems lol!:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

nevadamedic
07-17-2007, 08:17 PM
You will forgive me if i'm skeptical of this post.

Be skeptical, I have no reason to lie.

Dilloduck
07-17-2007, 08:18 PM
Yup.

Are you that lonely and just looking for acceptance--some place to fit in?

nevadamedic
07-17-2007, 08:20 PM
Are you that lonely and just looking for acceptance--some place to fit in?

Lonley I will adimit to, but I don't need to look for acceptance from a bunch of people I don't know.

LiberalNation
07-17-2007, 08:24 PM
This board would be dead without Nevadas posts. Don't know what you all are complaining about. It's better than waiting days for a single responce or no responces at all.

Dilloduck
07-17-2007, 08:25 PM
Lonley I will adimit to, but I don't need to look for acceptance from a bunch of people I don't know.

It shows. Your postings look like you are trying to be heard and fit in. The over the top conservative, hyper partisanship may get you a few pats on the back on a conservative board but it ain't gonna help your lonliness any.

Dilloduck
07-17-2007, 08:27 PM
This board would be dead without Nevadas posts. Don't know what you all are complaining about. It's better than waiting days for a single responce or no responces at all.

How is it that you know that?

LiberalNation
07-17-2007, 08:28 PM
That is my opinion on the matter, nothing to do with "knowing". This has been the only thread active since I've been on tonight and it ain't even about politics. Neither is the one on sleep or the best forum one.

Dilloduck
07-17-2007, 08:30 PM
That is my opinion on the matter, nothing to do with "knowing". This has been the only thread active since I've been on tonight and it ain't even about politics. Neither is the one on sleep or the best forum one.

And your point is?

LiberalNation
07-17-2007, 08:32 PM
That is my point, Dillo. Don't need anything more.

Dilloduck
07-17-2007, 08:34 PM
That is my point, Dillo. Don't need anything more.

Are you saying that anyone just posting anything makes for a better place?

LiberalNation
07-17-2007, 08:38 PM
Maybe not better but it makes the place look more active. I have to admit Nevadas debating skills frustrate me and the multitude of post with smilies are also useless but even a few post that end in nothing is better than just being bored.

Besides the threads he starts are fine with me. Sometimes a story catches my eye I haven't seen yet and I can post it on some of my other boards.

Yurt
07-17-2007, 08:45 PM
I don't see the big deal :dunno:

This is the internet, not our living room. :cool:

OCA
07-17-2007, 08:50 PM
I don't see the big deal :dunno:

This is the internet, not our living room. :cool:

Its the clutter Yurt, its kind of similar to spamming. Hell I swear I logged on one day and in every forum the last post made was by Nevada and 9 oiut of 10 were "right on!" rah rah posts. You gotta wade through all his bullshit to find the meat and sometimes you don't feel like you should have to wade.

LiberalNation
07-17-2007, 08:50 PM
Plus you can always use the mark all forums read button for threads you don't wana read if you thing nevada starts to many.

jimnyc
07-17-2007, 08:56 PM

I'm looking into this, as of now I can't find anything. Can you shoot me a PM with more info?

Yurt
07-17-2007, 08:58 PM
Its the clutter Yurt, its kind of similar to spamming. Hell I swear I logged on one day and in every forum the last post made was by Nevada and 9 oiut of 10 were "right on!" rah rah posts. You gotta wade through all his bullshit to find the meat and sometimes you don't feel like you should have to wade.

Tis true, I have had to wade. Tis also true that sometimes (before he was here) that I would come to the board and there would be only a couple of new posts. Not saying more is necessarily quality, but at least when he posts an article, he does put his opinion underneath it. I don't always agree with him and do agree he is runs like a mad chicken when called out, I just don't see the need to make it so personal. There are times when I do see multiple threads by him, I just ignore them if they don't interest me. Some though, while mainly news with a small opinion, do interest me as I often miss those stories and I come here to get them.

Before I came to USMB I missed many news stories. Not a big internet wiz and I push paper all day. But when I found USMB I saw the news world a whole different way. I know that forum and this one are not just news, but to me, it opened up eyes to the bigger picture.

Its all good, as long is it does not become someone's own personal board.

LiberalNation
07-17-2007, 08:58 PM
Oooo I'd have been banned if I had said that on the board. Back to the special treatment. Maybe your post just dodn't post OCA. Getting upset a little early.

jimnyc
07-17-2007, 09:00 PM
Oooo I'd have been banned if I had said that on the board. Back to the special treatment. Maybe your post just dodn't post OCA. Getting upset a little early.

If you said what? And what special treatment are you referring to?

Yurt
07-17-2007, 09:02 PM
Lest anyone think I am taking sides:

Please stop these types of posts/threads where you cut and paste numerous jokes. A joke or two will do, but sheesh, you are over doing it. Lay off the caffeine or something...

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showpost.php?p=83529&postcount=22

LiberalNation
07-17-2007, 09:05 PM
If you said what? And what special treatment are you referring to?

This,telling the staff what to do, for discussing staff without pm, and telling the staff to fuck off. You banned me over less in the past ya know.

jimnyc
07-17-2007, 09:13 PM
This,telling the staff what to do, for discussing staff without pm, and telling the staff to fuck off. You banned me over less in the past ya know.

I am going to bite my tongue and try to do this as polite as possible...

Mike has been my friend for going on 4 years now. He was once a member of staff. He has earned the right to speak with me in that manner as I do the same to him in return, but we're close enough to know the REAL person we're chatting with and not take it too seriously. Again, he has EARNED the right to do certain things.

There was ZERO discussion in this thread about 'board politics' and the perception of bias and/or favoritism, at least until you brought it up. He's asking a legitimate question to me that I prefer he handled a different way.

When you've been around as long as he has, and have spoken to me on the phone as many times as he has, and have traveled 3-4 hours to attempt to attend a party of mine, then you 2 will have certain liberties as a friend of mine. I would handle it no different with Jackass, who is a personal friend of mine that I have worked with for quite a few years.

I think I've explained more than necessary at this point. Let it drop and please stop with your bias crap. I thought we were beyond that. If you truly feel the need to continue, re-read what I just wrote, and don't.

LiberalNation
07-17-2007, 09:15 PM
Okay so your biased and your friends get special treatment. Fine, I just wish you'd stop denying it and saying your completly fair. You asked me before to prove my claims to you. That's what I was doing with my post. You shouldn't have asked if you couldn't handle hearing it.

Dilloduck
07-17-2007, 09:19 PM
There are times when I do see multiple threads by him, I just ignore them if they don't interest me.

I'm trying to tell Nevada that multiple threads about everything in the world results in them being ignored. I think the problem is that some times people don't want to post if it's just going to get caught up in a bunch of "ignored" stuff nor do they want to make the effort to post knowing it's all going to be paraphrased into tripe.

jimnyc
07-17-2007, 09:26 PM
Okay so your biased and your friends get special treatment. Fine, I just wish you'd stop denying it and saying your completly fair. You asked me before to prove my claims to you. That's what I was doing with my post. You shouldn't have asked if you couldn't handle hearing it.

Look you little illiterate fucking twit, did you not read what I wrote? Learn to comprehend in an adult manner what others write. Learn to properly compose yourself, and learn to spell properly. If I were biased in the manner that you were inferring, your immature little ass would have been gone long, long ago.

You likely won't ever earn that respect that others get, regardless of where you go, unless you do a little growing up. When you get invited on staff, then you'll have the right to question not only my motives, but also earn the right to determine what else is out of line on this board. Until such time, kindly shut the fuck up.

LiberalNation
07-17-2007, 09:31 PM
If I were biased in the manner that you were inferring, your immature little ass would have been gone long, long ago.
I infer you treats your friend better than regular posters and don't apply the same rules. It's pretty clear cut, so ban me, whatever. This boards slow enough, wont it be fun to get rid of every last liberal on here who wouldn't shut up and take ya'lls abuse.

By the way, I never shut up, why post on internet forums if you wana do that.

jimnyc
07-17-2007, 09:35 PM
You want to bet you'll shut up in this thread? And no, you'll still be an active member of this forum. But you will listen to me when I take the time to politely explain something to you and then ask you to cease.

So let's take bets...

I'm betting LN no longer posts in this thread. Any takers?

Yurt
07-17-2007, 09:40 PM
I'm trying to tell Nevada that multiple threads about everything in the world results in them being ignored. I think the problem is that some times people don't want to post if it's just going to get caught up in a bunch of "ignored" stuff nor do they want to make the effort to post knowing it's all going to be paraphrased into tripe.

I don't ignore them all. That is what I was trying to say.

I can see you point about "ignored" stuff. However, after just posting in the top section, it did appear that many of NM's posts had a good number of replies. Sure, some are ignored, but that could be with anyone's thread.

Not sure I understand the paraphrased tripe issue.

And, we see the same, hence why I suggested (it is the net, and there are no rules in this living room on the number of posts) to NM that he should cool it on posting over and over and over and over again with the blonde/mexican jokes because it ruins it. Maybe some of us like to see a blonde joke, then post our own, not have the joke thread be the posters own "website."

What exactly is it that bothers you about his posts? And don't get personal, that opens the door for everyone's posts. I am talking about the numbers. I don't see the big deal with the amount. So what. I have heard people complain on the old board about "oh those that hardly post, but show up here..." Hey, I don't post much, but I like this board. At the end of the day, I sometimes just want to come here and read what others have posted.

Or is that wrong?

jimnyc
07-17-2007, 10:18 PM
Bet is off, LN is invited back to this thread. We've started a chat via PM and I'm hoping we can make mends there and put this behind us.

I apologize to LN, and others reading for my shortness. Others shouldn't be the targets for my "moments".

nevadamedic
07-17-2007, 10:31 PM
Tis true, I have had to wade. Tis also true that sometimes (before he was here) that I would come to the board and there would be only a couple of new posts. Not saying more is necessarily quality, but at least when he posts an article, he does put his opinion underneath it. I don't always agree with him and do agree he is runs like a mad chicken when called out, I just don't see the need to make it so personal. There are times when I do see multiple threads by him, I just ignore them if they don't interest me. Some though, while mainly news with a small opinion, do interest me as I often miss those stories and I come here to get them.

Before I came to USMB I missed many news stories. Not a big internet wiz and I push paper all day. But when I found USMB I saw the news world a whole different way. I know that forum and this one are not just news, but to me, it opened up eyes to the bigger picture.

I don't run at all, but when thengs get to heated it's best to step back and let them get cooled down, otherwise it can get to out of hand.

nevadamedic
07-17-2007, 10:38 PM
Bet is off, LN is invited back to this thread. We've started a chat via PM and I'm hoping we can make mends there and put this behind us.

I apologize to LN, and others reading for my shortness. Others shouldn't be the targets for my "moments".

Your intitled to go off every once and a while why apologize? Besides your going through a lot right now and I know first hand how shitty that medication situation can be, after my best friend committed suicide and with what happened to my daughter I have been on everything for depression and anxiety, I can give you the run down on them all if you want or if you want some ideas on how to deal with them etc. shoot me a PM. Also god knows we all love LN but she sure loves to ride you :) Not that thats a bad thing, it keeps it real on here :)

82Marine89
07-17-2007, 10:58 PM

My comments..... http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/82Marine89/post_whore.gif

dan
07-18-2007, 04:06 AM

You should post more in this section, then. Not calling you out or anything, but there's a bunch of people who post in the politics section who I wish posted more in the general discussion section, you being one of them. It would keep the board active, and it helps form a sense of community, too, I think.

shattered
07-18-2007, 05:49 AM

Told you you suck.. If OCA and I are agreeding, you KNOW you're fucked up...

Didn't you say you have a kid or two you take care of, too? When do you spend ANY time with them? Or do they just "hang out" while you post?

stephanie
07-18-2007, 06:54 AM
Holy shit.......

Now, we're starting to chew up our own????

:cheers2:

SAD..

Dilloduck
07-18-2007, 07:00 AM
Holy shit.......

SAD..

Our own ?

glockmail
07-18-2007, 07:20 AM

Just make sure that tin foil hat is tight around the edges, man, and covers your ears. :poke:

:laugh2:

glockmail
07-18-2007, 07:26 AM
Told you you suck.. If OCA and I are agreeding, you KNOW you're fucked up...

Didn't you say you have a kid or two you take care of, too? When do you spend ANY time with them? Or do they just "hang out" while you post?

Holy shit.......

SAD..

Lay off Nevada, ladies. Who are you to judge? It's not like he's a queer or anything.:pee:

Dilloduck
07-18-2007, 07:28 AM
Lay off Nevada, ladies. Who are you to judge? It's not like he's a queer or anything.:pee:

I think Steph was defending Nevada.

glockmail
07-18-2007, 08:25 AM
I think Steph was defending Nevada. Well we know Steph's not queer. :poke:

:laugh2:

Trigg
07-18-2007, 10:25 AM
I'm coming a little late to thie conversation, but I do have a little to add.

I don't post much, unless I have something to add.

It does get frustrating when I come back the next day and the only way I can find the thread I was on is by going to "my posts". Nevada does dredge up useless threads and only post "ya" and "good find" comments.

I don't know that it adds anything to the board, mostly it's just annoying.

Hagbard Celine
07-18-2007, 10:40 AM
This thread is a blatant flaming session. I'm surprised it hasn't been closed already. There's some pretty personal insults being spread around here and a hell of a lot of hostility for an Internet chat room. Other than using a lot of smilies and posting news flashes, what has nevadamedic done to be so blatantly flamed?

Said1
07-18-2007, 10:46 AM
I'm in agreement with Hag. This thread is pretty shitty.

Hagbard Celine
07-18-2007, 11:06 AM

If'n he wuz, it'd be high tiiime for a lynchin'! Whooo! Doggie! TAMMI! What'd I tell you about burnin' my supper! UR goin' ta lern one uh these days *SMACK* Now I've told ya twice. You'd better not fergit it neither.

glockmail
07-18-2007, 11:08 AM
I'm in agreement with Hag. This thread is pretty shitty.

If'n he wuz, it'd be high tiiime for a lynchin'! Whooo! Doggie! TAMMI! What'd I tell you about burnin' my supper! UR goin' ta lern one uh these days *SMACK* Now I've told ya twice. You'd better not fergit it neither.

That makes two of us in agreement with the hagster. :poke::laugh2:

shattered
07-18-2007, 11:09 AM
This thread is a blatant flaming session. I'm surprised it hasn't been closed already. There's some pretty personal insults being spread around here and a hell of a lot of hostility for an Internet chat room. Other than using a lot of smilies and posting news flashes, what has nevadamedic done to be so blatantly flamed?

Here's the thing...and I'm not trying to be mean, either...

When you don't log on for a day or two, and then log in to see 223 new posts, start skimming through them, and no less than 170 of them are from Nevada, and MOST contain *nothing* except :laugh2:, :clap:, and :popcorn:, you're going to find that a tad annoying. If you ask him to chill out, you're met with a hearty "Fuck you", you're going to get pissed off, and start firing back with additional crap.

It's a waste of time for those with limited time to read/post. Most people DON'T have 24/7 to weed through crap to get to the heart of a thread.

glockmail
07-18-2007, 11:14 AM
Here's the thing...and I'm not trying to be mean, either...

When you don't log on for a day or two, and then log in to see 223 new posts, start skimming through them, and no less than 170 of them are from Nevada, and MOST contain *nothing* except :laugh2:, :clap:, and :popcorn:, you're going to find that a tad annoying. If you ask him to chill out, you're met with a hearty "Fuck you", you're going to get pissed off, and start firing back with additional crap.

It's a waste of time for those with limited time to read/post. Most people DON'T have 24/7 to weed through crap to get to the heart of a thread.

You do have a point. However you could put him on ignore.

Abbey Marie
07-18-2007, 11:15 AM
Hag, I actually agree with you for once. This thread needs closing.