PDA

View Full Version : Damn baby fish again

jimnyc
03-20-2016, 10:09 PM
This times it's the Red Peacock's. The last fish that had babies I gave those suckers away. Not sure why, but these guys didn't have a single baby since I had them. Now I see these 2 tiny suckers swimming around down at the bottom a few weeks back. And now have grown almost to about 3/4" so far. And THEN today I notice a couple more that look like sperms, so don't know if they will survive or not. What I do know is that this tank is too small for them if they all live, and I really don't want a huge tank anymore. I suppose if they last I'll bring them to the pet store and give them away. I do wish I could keep them. But at first you think it's no big deal, just a couple more flakes per day, but then you go from a 45 gallon tank to a 75 and your work all doubles!

Kathianne
03-21-2016, 08:22 AM
Bah! Fish! Eeek!

glockmail
03-21-2016, 08:44 AM
I could never keep the parents from killing their babies. Maybe I was raising Democrat fish.

Kathianne
03-21-2016, 08:53 AM
I could never keep the parents from killing their babies. Maybe I was raising Democrat fish.
While good to eat, fish are nasty. Damn eyes!

Abbey Marie
03-21-2016, 09:32 AM
I guess even underwater, they know it's Spring. :cool:

jimnyc
03-22-2016, 09:03 AM
Bah! Fish! Eeek!

You can't say eek to the smallest ones, as they don't even register, you almost even need a magnifying glass to see them. But the others, which I guess are about a month old now, look identical to the parents, just like 1/5th of the size if I had to guess. But they still don't blink!

Kathianne
03-22-2016, 09:08 AM
You can't say eek to the smallest ones, as they don't even register, you almost even need a magnifying glass to see them. But the others, which I guess are about a month old now, look identical to the parents, just like 1/5th of the size if I had to guess. But they still don't blink!

:shivers:

jimnyc
03-22-2016, 09:29 AM
:shivers:

I just tried for several minutes to get a picture of the tiniest of the babies, but I literally can't get them into focus as they are too small! Here's an example though of what they look like. Funny how they call a bunch of the babies a "fry". :) And this is REAL up close, but I have a feeling this may make you hate them all even more!!

http://www.fishchannel.com/images/article-images/angelfish-fry-bts-500.jpg

Abbey Marie
03-22-2016, 09:41 AM
I just tried for several minutes to get a picture of the tiniest of the babies, but I literally can't get them into focus as they are too small! Here's an example though of what they look like. Funny how they call a bunch of the babies a "fry". :) And this is REAL up close, but I have a feeling this may make you hate them all even more!!

Lol, they're all eyes. Def not going to help Kath.:laugh:

jimnyc
03-22-2016, 09:46 AM

And you should see them when they eat. A flake will slowly make it's way to the bottom of the tank, then you see this little, needle sized invisible fish pop out from under the rocks, so damn tiny, with a flake twice its body size, and then just inhales it.

:shark:

Gunny
03-22-2016, 09:48 AM
And you should see them when they eat. A flake will slowly make it's way to the bottom of the tank, then you see this little, needle sized invisible fish pop out from under the rocks, so damn tiny, with a flake twice its body size, and then just inhales it.

You need a life. Goofy ass guppies? Crap. At least I have cats to watch act like little psychotic morons.:laugh:

Abbey Marie
03-22-2016, 09:49 AM

I used to over-feed my fish so much, eventually they didn't even respond when I poured in the flakes. Fat little buggers! Can't help it; I'm half Italian!

And of course, the tank was always quickly a mess. My algae eater couldn't keep up, even though he grew to be huge.

jimnyc
03-22-2016, 09:51 AM
You need a life. Goofy ass guppies? Crap. At least I have cats to watch act like little psychotic morons.:laugh:

They ain't no guppies ya bastard! At least not the older ones. Stick your hand in there and they'll either hide, or your coming out bleeding! The largest of the trio I have has some damn big teeth!! My cat LOVES to go over and just stare at them. Sometimes he gets on top of the tank, and then reaches down the outside and tries to bat at them!

Kathianne
03-22-2016, 11:44 AM
No shi#!

Kathianne
03-22-2016, 11:44 AM

That's just mean!

Gunny
03-22-2016, 03:34 PM
They ain't no guppies ya bastard! At least not the older ones. Stick your hand in there and they'll either hide, or your coming out bleeding! The largest of the trio I have has some damn big teeth!! My cat LOVES to go over and just stare at them. Sometimes he gets on top of the tank, and then reaches down the outside and tries to bat at them!

Those don't even rate as bait. You'd have to use a bobby pin just to get them on the hook.:laugh: