PDA

View Full Version : Farewell GOP

Kathianne
03-21-2016, 09:48 AM
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/party-708782-trump-voters.html

Looking ahead, the only hope lies in a mounting reaction, perhaps manifesting in a new party, to over-reach. As Clinton works to serve her “families,” like public employees, crony capitalists and the academia/media PC police, she could ignite a rebellion not only among the Trump constituency but also many more moderate, suburban voters who find Trump too crude, divisive and unpredictable.

This new movement should be built around the idea that, in the information age, power can, and should, devolve to localities as much as possible. Even Californians prefer local, as opposed to centralized, control. This could spark a widespread populist rebellion which, in 2020, could finally tame the federal Leviathan and allow American politics to return to something the founders may have envisioned.

Joel Kotkin is a R.C. Hobbs Presidential Fellow in Urban Futures at Chapman University and executive director of the Center for Opportunity Urbanism in Houston. His next book, “The Human City: Urbanism for the Rest of Us,” will be published in April by Agate.

fj1200
03-21-2016, 12:28 PM
That's a populist rebellion I might be able to get behind. :scared:

namvet
03-21-2016, 12:54 PM
I heard on the morning news Trump is going to have a sit down with GOP leaders in an attempt to straighten this mess our

revelarts
03-21-2016, 02:09 PM
I heard on the morning news Trump is going to have a sit down with GOP leaders in an attempt to straighten this mess our
He's the best negotiator so we know it will be great.
It'll be HUUGE!
:rolleyes:

revelarts
03-21-2016, 02:13 PM
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/party-708782-trump-voters.html

Perot, the reform party, Jesse Ventura, the growth of libertarians and the libertarian party, and Ron Paul have been like forerunners.

maybe 2020 it''llhappen.
Seems to me people should vote 3rd party 2016, not 2020, to show both parries we're tried of the crap they're shoveling as candidates and policy.

namvet
03-21-2016, 02:15 PM
It'll be HUUGE!

agreed !!! if these numb nut GOP'ers will listen to reason and do their jobs instead of hiding behind them and get him in the fold they can all attack a common enemy instead of each other. do what's best for our country instead of they're broken down party.

Gunny
03-21-2016, 04:06 PM
Perot, the reform party, Jesse Ventura, the growth of libertarians and the libertarian party, and Ron Paul have been like forerunners.

maybe 2020 it''llhappen.
Seems to me people should vote 3rd party 2016, not 2020, to show both parries we're tried of the crap they're shoveling as candidates and policy.

Great idea. Now get Dems to vote 3rd party. Those sheeple are going to just line up like the little drones they are, as usual.

A 3rd party vote is a waste without a viable candidate. The last 3rd part candidate to win was Abraham Lincoln. It doesn't prove anything because this ain't Cheers ... nobody knows your name and nobody cares.

aboutime
03-21-2016, 04:28 PM
An Angry vote for a THIRD party candidate....Puts Hillary in office...as if she was the Lone runner.

Kathianne
03-21-2016, 04:40 PM
An Angry vote for a THIRD party candidate....Puts Hillary in office...as if she was the Lone runner.

Sorry, we all have the right to vote for whom we think will do the best or in this case, do the least harm.

Gunny
03-21-2016, 04:47 PM

Sorry, we all have the right to vote for whom we think will do the best or in this case, do the least harm.

I don't disagree with you Kath, but there is truth in what AT says ... at some point we got to circle the wagons. I don't care what you call the party, or who the nominee is but you have to stop the bleeding first. I'm not voting for a dumbsh*t with no chance. I want the WH out of the hands of the morons that have currently turned it into a trailer park attraction. THAT is how you stop the bleeding. Then, instead of business as usual, you clean house. Apparently no one informed the GOP how to run a damned war.

If this doesn't end, WE, the People, will be at an end.

aboutime
03-21-2016, 04:48 PM

Never said anyone couldn't vote for whomever they wanted. I made a FACTUAL statement. And I remember telling everyone...WE THE PEOPLE are responsible for the MESS in Washington, Not the Politicians. WE THE PEOPLE VOTE FOR THE SAME LIARS EVERY TIME.

Kathianne
03-21-2016, 05:00 PM
I hear what you both are saying, for many reasons if Trump is the nominee, I feel no choice. Won't vote for Hillary, but in all honesty don't know which of those two are worse. So I'll vote, other offices are important, but for President will go Libertarian.

hjmick
03-21-2016, 07:46 PM
I hear what you both are saying, for many reasons if Trump is the nominee, I feel no choice. Won't vote for Hillary, but in all honesty don't know which of those two are worse. So I'll vote, other offices are important, but for President will go Libertarian.

This'll be the second time I vote for Gary Johnson (https://garyjohnson2016.com/issues/). To my mind he is the best candidate for the job, hands down. It's just a damn shame people feel their only choices are for people and parties who have done nothing but betray the American people...

Drummond
03-21-2016, 10:05 PM

I've said before ... a split vote is a split vote. And I note your apparent preference for voting 'Libertarian', as you stated in another post ... a movement known for its anarchism, and definitely not for mainstream Conservative thinking ?

Perhaps this will be instructive, for any so-called 'Conservatives' who think Libertarianism might be for them ?

http://www.thepublicdiscourse.com/2012/03/5002/

Libertarians are good at explaining why the market works and why government fails, and they have made important policy initiatives in areas such as school choice. On the other hand, they actively oppose laws prohibiting obscenity, protecting unborn children, promoting marriage, limiting immigration, and securing American citizens against terrorists. These positions flow from core principles that have more in common with modern liberalism than with the American founding, and which threaten to erode our constitutional order even further.

The attraction of libertarianism is also its main defect: it offers neat solutions to complex problems. Unfortunately, reality is far more complex than libertarians acknowledge. Only conservatism offers principles adequate to that reality.

I might add that on my side of the Pond, Libertarianism is seen to be LEFT wing. Consider what British Trade Unions have long since said that they stand for at their core ... and within the context for a contempt for authoritative constraint. Yet ... those very Unions are LEFT wing.

Late addition: a further instructive link .... a partial quote from it ....

http://attackthesystem.com/beyond-conservatism-reclaiming-the-radical-roots-of-libertarianism/

It is clear that the modern libertarian movement has its roots in radicalism rather than any sort of conservatism. However, since its initial beginnings within the context of the radical Left, much of the libertarian movement has turned sharply rightward, though in varying and often conflicting ways. This essay will argue that this rightward shift within the libertarian movement is severely misguided, as libertarianism and conservatism are not only historically antagonistic to one another but are indeed diametrical opposites. Secondly, it will be shown that efforts to synthesize libertarianism with conservatism have resulted in dramatically negative consequences for the realm of libertarian strategy and practical political activism, consequences that are entirely predictable given the conflicting natures of libertarianism and conservatism.

reason10
03-21-2016, 11:05 PM
agreed !!! if these numb nut GOP'ers will listen to reason and do their jobs instead of hiding behind them and get him in the fold they can all attack a common enemy instead of each other. do what's best for our country instead of they're broken down party.

Hell, if they had gone after Obama with the same fire as they are doing against Trump, Obama would be back in Kenya by now.

NightTrain
03-22-2016, 07:51 AM
Hell, if they had gone after Obama with the same fire as they are doing against Trump, Obama would be back in Kenya by now.

^^ Truth.

Bilgerat
03-22-2016, 09:37 AM

:no: A vote for anyone but the Republican candidate is a vote for Hillary. This is just as true now as it was for Romney :no:

crin63
03-22-2016, 10:02 AM
Personally I think a 3rd party needs to develop after this general election. I think they should have a strategy of starting out the gate with their 1st nominee and vp. The 2 should campaign as is possible over the following couple years to gain enough traction and support to take a run in 2020. It should be a couple of tried and tested people who are polarizing enought to get under everyone's skin. That way they get coverage.

Personally, if Trump is the nominee I will likely abstain from voting for POTUS. I will not vote Democrat or Libertarian and cannot vote for Trump. This would be the 1st time since 1984.

Gunny
03-22-2016, 10:07 AM
Personally I think a 3rd party needs to develop after this general election. I think they should have a strategy of starting out the gate with their 1st nominee and vp. The 2 should campaign as is possible over the following couple years to gain enough traction and support to take a run in 2020. It should be a couple of tried and tested people who are polarizing enought to get under everyone's skin. That way they get coverage.

Personally, if Trump is the nominee I will likely abstain from voting for POTUS. I will not vote Democrat or Libertarian and cannot vote for Trump. This would be the 1st time since 1984.

My take: you don't vote or throw your vote away, you got no right to bitch and as everyone knows, I LOVE bitching. But to me, you gave up your privilege (it is actually not a Right), that's on you. DOn't whine for the next 4 years about something you could have helped stop.

Bilgerat
03-22-2016, 10:12 AM
My take: you don't vote or throw your vote away, you got no right to bitch and as everyone knows, I LOVE bitching. But to me, you gave up your privilege (it is actually not a Right), that's on you. DOn't whine for the next 4 years about something you could have helped stop.

On Target!

crin63
03-22-2016, 10:42 AM

I am doing something about it. I'm voting in the primary. I'm doing what I can in my sphere of influence. However I have convictions and beliefs I won't budge on nor compromise on. I cannot lie to myself to convince myself that Trump is pro-life so I cannot vote for him and I will not vote for anyone or any political party that I do not believe is pro-life.

Drummond
03-22-2016, 11:24 AM

My only comment is an obvious one.

If you fail to vote GOP, then that's one more vote that the Democrat side has no need to counter with one going to THEIR side. If people follow your example en masse, another Democrat victory is assured.

Do you think that they deserve such a victory ? Or,that the American People THEMSELVES do ... ?

Kathianne
03-22-2016, 11:40 AM

I vote, I can bitch. Voted in the primary this morning.

crin63
03-22-2016, 11:43 AM
My only comment is an obvious one.

If you fail to vote GOP, then that's one more vote that the Democrat side has no need to counter with one going to THEIR side. If people follow your example en masse, another Democrat victory is assured.

Do you think that they deserve such a victory ? Or,that the American People THEMSELVES do ... ?

If Republicans nominate Trump then I will conclude our nation has completed it's turning away from God and that God has decided to judge our nation. Yes, I believe we deserve whatever the consequence of that action is.

Kathianne
03-22-2016, 11:45 AM
If Republicans nominate Trump then I will conclude our nation has completed it's turning away from God and that God has decided to judge our nation. Yes, I believe we deserve whatever the consequence of that action is.

A bit different reasoning here, though the right to life is part of it. I respect your choice too!

jimnyc
03-22-2016, 12:01 PM
Here is one things I will say for sure. "IF" Hillary were to get elected come November, we will all be bitching not long after that, and for quite a few years to come. I don't even want to imagine her in office, and the amount of damage she can do. :(

crin63
03-22-2016, 01:48 PM
Here is one things I will say for sure. "IF" Hillary were to get elected come November, we will all be bitching not long after that, and for quite a few years to come. I don't even want to imagine her in office, and the amount of damage she can do. :(

I absolutely agree! I was 1st dragged to political meetings and rallies starting at age 13. I think I was at every tax protest meeting in So. Cal when I was 14 and 15. I was taken to classes on the Constitution done by Dr. Cleon Skousen when I was 15. I was sent to John Birch Society summer camp when I was 16. I had feared the day of an Obama presidency for most of my life but saw it coming a long time ago. To follow it up with Hillary would be disastrous.

Gunny
03-22-2016, 03:24 PM
I am doing something about it. I'm voting in the primary. I'm doing what I can in my sphere of influence. However I have convictions and beliefs I won't budge on nor compromise on. I cannot lie to myself to convince myself that Trump is pro-life so I cannot vote for him and I will not vote for anyone or any political party that I do not believe is pro-life.

I have no problem with peoples' convictions. I DO have a problem with playing this same game that's given us 8 years of Obama and his pen. I'm no fan of the GOP. But the Dembulbs are a menace to society and the Constitution and need to be put on the curb. I have my convictions, but I also am pragmatic and see a means to an end. You aren't proving anything to anyone by not voting because most people just don't care.

The ones that care are on the left. They're laughing their asses off all the way to the bank.

Drummond
03-22-2016, 03:34 PM

You deserve to be ruled by Lefties ? Seriously ??

Drummond
03-22-2016, 03:37 PM
A bit different reasoning here, though the right to life is part of it. I respect your choice too!

Will you respect the outcome of a Dem win ? Will you respect the consequences of KEEPING them in power ???

Gunny
03-22-2016, 03:39 PM

Republicans were the original lefties that created what it is now the Democrats. The the name of a party doesn't mean a whole bunch. People get too stuck on labels. I will agree however, you get what you deserve for inaction; however, don't try blaming it on God. God helps those that help themselves.

Drummond
03-22-2016, 03:40 PM
I absolutely agree! I was 1st dragged to political meetings and rallies starting at age 13. I think I was at every tax protest meeting in So. Cal when I was 14 and 15. I was taken to classes on the Constitution done by Dr. Cleon Skousen when I was 15. I was sent to John Birch Society summer camp when I was 16. I had feared the day of an Obama presidency for most of my life but saw it coming a long time ago. To follow it up with Hillary would be disastrous.

Fine. Then .... DO WHAT IT TAKES TO KEEP HER OUT OF POWER !!

Gunny
03-22-2016, 03:52 PM
Fine. Then .... DO WHAT IT TAKES TO KEEP HER OUT OF POWER !!

I ain't the mod around here but could we try and keep this somewhat friendly? And it's not a comment aimed at you specifically, Drummond, just because I quoted your post. I don't mind having the discussion, but everyone should be allowed to express an opinion.

I happen to agree with your sentiment. Keeping Shrillery the perennial loser in that status is the goal. I DO however understand the other side of the argument. I don't agree with the response. Doing nothing changes nothing. The frustration is there though. The GOP sucks. There is no leadership and no plan.

The problem is, for all the talk, nothing and no one has come along to replace it except Trump. I don't like him and definitely doesn't represent me. But what are you supposed to do with a party that stands on "Vote for us because we ain't the other guy?" Sounds like choosing a gas station to me.

The right is losing because it won't do anything. One thing you got to give the left is as backwards-assed NAZI as they are, they have a consolidated front. You're not going to beat that acting like a herd of cats.

Drummond
03-22-2016, 03:52 PM

maybe 2020 it''llhappen.

All that would really happen is that the Dems would be smiling all the way to the White House ... AGAIN ....

But then, I'm sure you are very aware of that. Eh ??

Gunny
03-22-2016, 04:11 PM
All that would really happen is that the Dems would be smiling all the way to the White House ... AGAIN ....

But then, I'm sure you are very aware of that. Eh ??

Honestly, I think people either don't realize or don't care about the consequences of their inaction. It's more like what this Crin guy is saying .. we deserve what we get. But if you don't have my favorite flavor of ice cream, I ain't voting. I'd prefer Carson or Fiarino over them all, but they didn't win the popularity contest. Most seem to have a misguided notion that someone gives a damn about their opinions and/or votes and or "convictions".

If I was to come up with a conspiracy theory mine would be Trump. He's pretty much dismantled the GOP. So if he pulls a Ross Perot and drops at the last second?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-22-2016, 05:21 PM
It'll be HUUGE!
Sure will be.
If those sold out maggots stand up against him when they will not do so against this nation's true enemies then all decent Americans will know what craven and worthless cowards they are!
Your sarcasm was duly noted...-Tyr

Gunny
03-22-2016, 05:34 PM
Sure will be.
If those sold out maggots stand up against him when they will not do so against this nation's true enemies then all decent Americans will know what craven and worthless cowards they are!
Your sarcasm was duly noted...-Tyr

And people think I have a bad attitude. We on a roll today, bubba? :laugh2:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-22-2016, 06:00 PM
And people think I have a bad attitude. We on a roll today, bubba? :laugh2:

I bez jest arollin' wid da flow... :laugh::laugh::laugh:
We true Southern boys all have bad attitudes, problem that most people encounter is that we also can back it up. :beer: :beer: - --Tyr