PDA

View Full Version : Brussels Airport Attack

Kathianne
03-22-2016, 04:02 AM
Just woke up at 1:05 am, heard about Brussels airport attack. Supposedly 10 killed. Shots and explosions in different areas.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/belgium/12200780/Brussels-airport-explosions-Reports-of-two-blasts-as-smoke-rises-from-terminal-building.html

World| Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:56am EDTRelated: WORLD (http://www.reuters.com/news/world)
Explosions hit Brussels airport, several killed: Belgian media

BRUSSELS| BY PHILIP BLENKINSOP (http://www.reuters.com/journalists/philip-blenkinsop)

Explosions tore through the departure hall of Brussels airport on Tuesday morning killing up to 10 people and injuring 30 others and a second blast struck a metro station in the capital shortly afterwards, the Belgian public broadcaster RTBF said.

The Belga agency said shots were fired and there were shouts in Arabic shortly before the blasts at the airport. Pictures on social media showed smoke rising from the terminal building through shattered windows and passengers running away down a slipway, some still hauling their bags.

The blasts at the airport and metro station occurred four days after the arrest in Brussels of a suspected participant in November militant attacks in Paris that killed 130 people. Belgian police had been on alert for any reprisal action.

Hearing at least 5 attack points, though doesn't appear to be lots of panic. Raised alert to highest level.

Kathianne
03-22-2016, 04:06 AM
Now hearing there was suicide vest at airport. Some other explosions, shots. If the public isn't panicking, the press is.

All subways, trains, and airports shut down.

Kathianne
03-22-2016, 04:10 AM
One or two of the explosions were in subways.

Basically the police have issued a 'shelter in place' order.

Kathianne
03-22-2016, 04:13 AM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/tech/brussels-airport-explosion-social-media-7605246

Brussels airport explosion: social media shows devastating scenes following deadly blasts
Two explosive devices have reportedly been detonated at Brussels airport with a third set off inside a Metro station
Social media has been flooded with updates after an apparent terror attack at Brussels (http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/brussels-airport-explosion-live-updates-7605060) Airport this morning.

It appears two bombs have been detonated inside the building.

Travellers caught at the airport shared updates through Twitter, Vine and Instagram showing the extent of the damage and the shocking scenes of injured people.

The airport is currently in lockdown and 11 people are currently believed to have been killed with a further 25 injured.

The harrowing pictures shown on social media show passengers covered with blood and running for their lives.

The hashtags #Brussels and #Bruxelles are currently trending worldwide on Twitter.

Kathianne
03-22-2016, 04:22 AM
Some sort of explosive, TNTP is said to have been used-seems both Al Queda and ISIS use this.

Kathianne
03-22-2016, 04:50 AM
Now up to 23 dead due to explosions.

Kathianne
03-22-2016, 05:20 AM
The timing with this attack and the capture of the Paris bomber, seems to cause speculation that this was a planned attack, that may have been moved up.

CSM
03-22-2016, 06:20 AM
Well,
you can be sure it wasn't illegal immigrants or refugees..... right?

Drummond
03-22-2016, 06:51 AM
These attacks are, here, being seen as an equivalent to the '7/7' London attacks of a decade ago.

No doubt the public mood will also be an equivalent. Calm consideration of events from the public, frenzied reporting from the media ... our news reports are swamped with it, currently ... and, of course, very careful language from the BBC's reporters, resorting yet AGAIN to refraining against calling them 'terrorists' outright.

We will, but of course, be treated to yet more of 'they aren't typical or representative of mainstream Islam' rot. Our politicians will insist that's true ... no matter how many attacks happen, no matter what the death tolls, no matter what is said by the perpetrators as to why they did it. Leftie fictions are ALL that matters in situations and over issues such as this.

You in America have two great things going for you, which we, alas, do not.

One ... the BBC is NOT your national, official, broadcaster !

Two ... you have a possible (increasingly likely) prospect of Donald Trump becoming your President ! He, of all people, can be expected to make whatever tough decisions MUST be made to keep Americans safe, whether or not they come across as 'PC friendly' ..... he'll definitely not be at all constrained by any PC imperatives ..... :salute:

Black Diamond
03-22-2016, 07:17 AM
This is Trump's fault.

Kathianne
03-22-2016, 07:24 AM
This is Trump's fault.

I really don't find anything about these attacks funny. Guess it's just me.

Drummond
03-22-2016, 07:33 AM

Nor do I.

And I'd extend that to my 'consideration' of the perpetrators. The scum responsible have - even though there are those who'd ludicrously disagree - shown NO capacity for human thought AT ALL in what they've done.

Exactly the opposite.

We'd all do a lot to help render counter-terrorism measures effective, it seems to me, if we all just, finally and for good, understood what terrorists truly ARE. They are not 'human beings'. They do not deserve 'human rights' ... certainly nor when their reason for being is to indiscriminately rob others of THEIR right to the most fundamental human right of all ... to STAY ALIVE and LIVE.

Black Diamond
03-22-2016, 07:34 AM

Understandable. They are going to keep happening. And the Left will continue to blame Bush for them and they won't be "joking".

Black Diamond
03-22-2016, 07:37 AM
Nor do I.

And I'd extend that to my 'consideration' of the perpetrators. The scum responsible have - even though there are those who'd ludicrously disagree - shown NO capacity for human thought AT ALL in what they've done.

Exactly the opposite.

We'd all do a lot to help render counter-terrorism measures effective, it seems to me, if we all just, finally and for good, understood what terrorists truly ARE. They are not 'human beings'. They do not deserve 'human rights' ... certainly nor when their reason for being is to indiscriminately rob others of THEIR right to the most fundamental human right of all ... to STAY ALIVE and LIVE.

None of what you recommend is going to happen as long as Obama and the left are at the helm of the free world.
Refugees will continue to be let in to Western Europe and America

So this will continue to happen.

Kathianne
03-22-2016, 07:41 AM
Understandable. They are going to keep happening. And the Left will continue to blame Bush for them and they won't be "joking".

Not just the 'left' unless you consider Trump a leftist.

NightTrain
03-22-2016, 07:41 AM
The timing with this attack and the capture of the Paris bomber, seems to cause speculation that this was a planned attack, that may have been moved up.

Agree that they are related.

Last I heard yesterday is that the terrorist that they grabbed from the Paris attacks was singing like a canary, so it makes sense that the other animals in his terrorist ring had to carry out their missions pronto before they got nabbed.

Black Diamond
03-22-2016, 07:52 AM
Not just the 'left' unless you consider Trump a leftist.

There's just something about Obama supporters blaming Bush for ISIS that I dont care for....

Kathianne
03-22-2016, 07:56 AM
There's just something about Obama supporters blaming Bush for ISIS that I dont care for....

Wholeheartedly agree, have said the same for many years.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-22-2016, 08:13 AM
Just think how much fun it will be when the obama's specially invited in Syrian muslim terrorists start doing that and worse here.
Won't that be great fun???
Of course, he'll be gone onto greener pastures and will take none of the blame.
The media will continue to credit his as a great and compassionate man. -Tyr

Kathianne
03-22-2016, 08:19 AM
Just think how much fun it will be when the obama's specially invited in Syrian muslim terrorists start doing that and worse here.
Won't that be great fun???
Of course, he'll be gone onto greener pastures and will take none of the blame.
The media will continue to credit his as a great and compassionate man. -Tyr

I think that most commentators are already starting to criticize Obama's terms. He is not well received by either the right or the left. The left has more than failed foreign policies they're criticizing him for, it's not only the admitted failure of Obamacare, it was how bad it was and how he failed to deliver on so many other promises. First time I can remember the left eating their own to any degree.

NightTrain
03-22-2016, 08:40 AM
Interesting insight as to how they caught the ringleader - staking out the funeral was a slick move by the cops.

Abdeslam's older brother Brahim, one of the Paris suicide bombers, was buried Thursday in a Brussels cemetery after French investigators finally released his remains to the family. A score of mourners came to the funeral, as did police. El Khannouss said identity papers were checked.

Moniquet added that police "interrogated people, took information on their phones."

Photos published in the Belgian press showed that one of mourners who carried Brahim Abdeslam's casket was a young man with a beard who wore a black knit cap.

Identified as Abid Aberkan, he is related to the Abdeslam family, El Khannouss said, although he added he wasn't sure of the precise blood connection.

The Molenbeek official believes some mourners were tailed by authorities as they left the cemetery. In any event, according to Moniquet, "from that time on, they immediately focused on Aberkan. By Thursday night, they were absolutely sure that he (Abdeslam) was hiding in the apartment of Aberkan's mother in Molenbeek."

That apartment is at No. 79 Rue des Quatre-Vents -- the Street of the Four Winds -- a rundown three-story dwelling that belongs to the municipality and serves as low-income housing. The ground-floor windows are boarded up and the basement windows are barred with ironwork.

At around 4:30 p.m. Friday, the usually quiet neighborhood was swarming with heavily armed police, said a 32-year-old woman who lives across the street. She identified herself only as Aman, refusing to give her last name because she said she was afraid and hasn't been able to sleep since then.

She said she watched through the curtains of her front window at about 4:40 or 4:45 p.m. as Abdeslam bolted from the front door of No. 79, turned left, and was shot in the leg by a SWAT team that had sealed off the street.
"Police said to stop. When he didn't, they shot him," Aman said.

The officers may not have realized who they had captured at first. According to El Khannouss, Abdeslam was so wan and had lost so much weight while on the run that police didn't immediately recognize him.

I'm happy to hear that the terrorist was himself terrorized. Being hunted down like an animal is pretty stressful, enough that you can't sleep or eat as the noose tightens.

Also, interesting that the terrorists are living off welfare in state-owned housing, even as they plot to kill those stupid enough to let them in and then provide for their existence.

A couple more of these incidents should be sufficient to launch the full scale urban warfare that I see coming in the next year or two as Europe finally comes to their senses & realizes that the wolves live among them and that there is no mercy or tolerance from these savages.

ISIS has already said many times that they're sending thousands of terrorists in the waves of refugees to attack, and Merkel blithely continues the suicidal policy - because ISIS was probably just joking, right?

Fools. All of them.

I'm just angry that the people who will pay the ultimate price are not those responsible for opening the gates to the hordes of savages.

The best lessons are the hardest ones, it is true. Europe will pay dearly in blood for them.

namvet
03-22-2016, 04:49 PM
Bozo gave this about 20 secs of his time then went off smoking Cuban cigars

namvet
03-22-2016, 06:07 PM
look who made the prediction back in January

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOSVSPMHi9k

pete311
03-22-2016, 07:27 PM

Brussels is the current EU headquarters. Doesn't take a genius to figure out it's a big target.

Elessar
03-22-2016, 08:01 PM
Brussels is the current EU headquarters. Doesn't take a genius to figure out it's a big target.

Well why has your boy Obama done nothing to really root these animals out?

Oh, Yeah....he called them the 'Junior Varsity'....

If we team up with the Brits, French, Germans, Danes, Russians, Swedes...there could be progress.

As it is, Obama does not want to do a frikkin' thing! Even 7.5 years later, it is all GWB's fault according to
Obama. He and you Libs ignore the fact he deserted the Iraqui's when a agreement could have been made.

Nobel Prize my ass. Did a great job cleaning up Chicago, didn't he?

aboutime
03-22-2016, 08:23 PM
No other way to put it. Obama uses political correctness to hide behind his COWARDICE.

Gelding - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gelding
Wikipedia
A gelding is a castrated horse or "(POLICITIAN)" other equine, such as a "donkey or a mule" Castration, and the elimination of hormonally driven behavior associated with a stallion, allows a male horse to be calmer and better-behaved, making the animal quieter, gentler and potentially more suitable as an everyday working animal.

quotation marks added for effect to FACTUAL circumstances!

namvet
03-22-2016, 08:43 PM

sure would like to see someone else make this prediction. on camera if you please

namvet
03-22-2016, 08:44 PM
Well why has your boy Obama done nothing to really root these animals out?

Oh, Yeah....he called them the 'Junior Varsity'....

If we team up with the Brits, French, Germans, Danes, Russians, Swedes...there could be progress.

As it is, Obama does not want to do a frikkin' thing! Even 7.5 years later, it is all GWB's fault according to
Obama. He and you Libs ignore the fact he deserted the Iraqui's when a agreement could have been made.

Nobel Prize my ass. Did a great job cleaning up Chicago, didn't he?

I thought this problem was global warming ??

sundaydriver
03-23-2016, 05:50 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOSVSPMHi9k

Yeah, Who didn't know?

namvet
03-23-2016, 08:04 AM
Yeah, Who didn't know?

you should have told us it was going to be hit in March on that day.

pete311
03-23-2016, 09:39 AM
sure would like to see someone else make this prediction. on camera if you please

Brussels has been on the highest alert since nov 2015 and there were many agencies discussing how it was a main target. Get off Faux News.

namvet
03-23-2016, 09:48 AM
Brussels has been on the highest alert since nov 2015 and there were many agencies discussing how it was a main target. Get off Faux News.

are you saying i should watch PMSNBC like you ??

pete311
03-23-2016, 09:52 AM
are you saying i should watch PMSNBC like you ??

I subscribe to https://www.stratfor.com/

namvet
03-23-2016, 10:21 AM
I subscribe to https://www.stratfor.com/

isn't that similar to faux ??

namvet
03-23-2016, 10:39 AM
I subscribe to Diamond and Silk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOaEGQzFaPg

pete311
03-23-2016, 11:55 AM
isn't that similar to faux ??

No, it's straight global strategic and intelligence reporting. No fluff.

namvet
03-23-2016, 11:59 AM

to much politics. cut to the chase

http://www.globalsecurity.org/

Elessar
03-23-2016, 12:34 PM

You blow a lot of smoke up your own ass, Pete.

Elessar
03-23-2016, 07:10 PM
Interesting clip:

http://www.aol.com/article/2016/03/23/anonymous-threatens-isis-again-following-brussels-terror-attacks/21332551/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D827539562 _htmlws-main-bb

Let's see what happens!

Obama and Clinton won't do shit!

Gunny
03-23-2016, 07:25 PM
No other way to put it. Obama uses political correctness to hide behind his COWARDICE.

Gelding - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gelding
Wikipedia
A gelding is a castrated horse or "(POLICITIAN)" other equine, such as a "donkey or a mule" Castration, and the elimination of hormonally driven behavior associated with a stallion, allows a male horse to be calmer and better-behaved, making the animal quieter, gentler and potentially more suitable as an everyday working animal.

quotation marks added for effect to FACTUAL circumstances!

I think you just offended all the geldings ....:laugh:

revelarts
03-24-2016, 01:15 PM
AND Again.
now CNN reports the Turks told Belgium some of the men allegedly involved LAST YEAR. now to Belguim officials are resigning because they admit they dropped the ball.

there's NO need for extra precautions or extra wars or extra raids etc.. the officials just need to get off their butts ann follow through on the intel they already have in hand.

Same happen in the 1st trade center bombing in 93, --FBI had an inside guy that warn them they fired him shortly before the bombing

then again on 911, --FBI and NSA had knowledge of various activities, had a laptop with intel in the midwest, had terrorist in Florida and California watched, had surveillance on Atta, warnings from France and others

and again in Boston, --Russians warned the U.S.

and again with the underwear bomber, --the bombers own father alerted U.S. authorities

a case can be made of Oklahoma city and other terror events as well.
and none of those CLEAR alerts came from doing blanket spying, torture or other unconstitutional methods.
go figure.

Elessar
03-24-2016, 04:23 PM

Of course it is Bush's fault (sarcasm off).

Obama cruising around and and doing nothing with "The Junior Varsity" is
no issue to the left.

Russ
03-24-2016, 05:47 PM
Obama's policy: be friendly to our enemies and be nasty to our "friends". What an idiot - it's supposed to be the other way around.

Bilgerat
03-24-2016, 06:05 PM
Well this is interesting

BRITISH ACTRESS HAMMERS EU Leaders: “Every one of you who said refugees are welcome, You Are Responsible For Brussels…Europe is ‘Jihadi Central'”

Various other tweets, all pretty damning towards the E.U. "surrender monkeys"

http://100percentfedup.com/wow-british-actress-hammers-eu-leaders-every-one-of-you-who-said-refugees-are-welcome-you-are-responsible-for-brussels-europe-is-jihadi-central/

revelarts
03-24-2016, 09:42 PM
http://i64.tinypic.com/16kuxx0.jpg

Christie Brinkley
03-30-2016, 01:13 PM
http://i64.tinypic.com/16kuxx0.jpg
Why is the police officer now groveling on his knees while handing him the detonator? I think that is racist.