PDA

View Full Version : Apple is ruining photography

darin
03-22-2016, 08:42 AM
Trying to get a shot of the Venus. Was easier to take a shot of the dude's Ipad.

:(

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8654&d=1458654124

Abbey Marie
03-22-2016, 09:06 AM
iPads don't murder photography. People murder photography. ;)

Saw this in art class; the Mona Lisa experience:

https://eidetictraces.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/800px-musee_du_louvre_mona_lisa.jpg

darin
03-22-2016, 09:09 AM
That is spot-on with how awful it was Sunday when I saw her. :(

Just awful.

Get out of my way.

:D

fj1200
03-22-2016, 09:15 AM
Or Apple is making photography more accessible.

darin
03-22-2016, 09:16 AM
Or Apple is making photography more accessible.

No way. They are making snapshots or picture-taking more accessible perhaps, but not photography.

fj1200
03-22-2016, 09:20 AM
No way. They are making snapshots or picture-taking more accessible perhaps, but not photography.

potato, po-tah-to. I imagine someone said something similar when digital SLRs came out.

darin
03-22-2016, 09:26 AM
Snapshot vs photograph

http://miningindustrialphotographer.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/snapshot2.jpg

(shrug)

And no, nobody said that about digital. When digital entered the market people weren't holding their shit above their heads blocking the view of those around them. Ansel Adams Never used a selfie-stick.

fj1200
03-22-2016, 09:31 AM
Snapshot vs photograph

(shrug)

And no, nobody said that about digital. When digital entered the market people weren't holding their shit above their heads blocking the view of those around them. Ansel Adams Never used a selfie-stick.

I know there's a difference. But the difference is only in what someone does with the tool. And I'm pretty sure that they did, it made something accessible to those who before didn't have access to the same sort of equipment.

Today it's knuckleheads with a selfie stick, yesterday it was knuckleheads with point and shoots.

darin
03-22-2016, 09:34 AM
I know there's a difference. But the difference is only in what someone does with the tool. And I'm pretty sure that they did, it made something accessible to those who before didn't have access to the same sort of equipment.

Today it's knuckleheads with a selfie stick, yesterday it was knuckleheads with point and shoots.

I love you, I hope you know that. But sometimes I think you will argue literally anything.

:)

The difference is not 'only' what someone does. That is not an 'only' - that is the entire point. People are using their tools (perverts) to get in the way. They are using them callously without regard for the art.

A iPhone, etc, IS a point and shoot.

I get it - I've seen WONDERFUL photographs with iPhones, etc. I've taken some. None of that counters my point, however. Because not EVERY iPhone/PnS camera owner is a tool doesn't mean my point saying "iPhone (etc) users are tools because I'm tired of their shit blocking the view for MY shit".

fj1200
03-22-2016, 09:50 AM
I love you, I hope you know that. But sometimes I think you will argue literally anything.

:)

The difference is not 'only' what someone does. That is not an 'only' - that is the entire point. People are using their tools (perverts) to get in the way. They are using them callously without regard for the art.

A iPhone, etc, IS a point and shoot.

I get it - I've seen WONDERFUL photographs with iPhones, etc. I've taken some. None of that counters my point, however. Because not EVERY iPhone/PnS camera owner is a tool doesn't mean my point saying "iPhone (etc) users are tools because I'm tired of their shit blocking the view for MY shit".

Sometimes. ;) I agree that it gives idiots more justification to get in the way and act entitled. Any picture I take of the Mona Lisa is not going to be as good as the best that's available in the public domain. And it takes away from my experiencing the ML in person anyway.

But since you love me what are the chances of you sending me an importable Syncro or Delica before you move back? :hithere:

jimnyc
03-22-2016, 09:55 AM
While I like what one can do so easily with cameras and phones anymore, it's really not photography. I grew up with my Dad as a photographer, and had is own darkroom in our house, always traveling into NYC to get chemicals and expensive stupid machines and crap to develop his own film. While the stuff today looks cool, still not as cool taking a photo with a nice Mamiya and spending an hour bringing it to life. :)

darin
03-22-2016, 09:55 AM
Sometimes. ;) I agree that it gives idiots more justification to get in the way and act entitled. Any picture I take of the Mona Lisa is not going to be as good as the best that's available in the public domain. And it takes away from my experiencing the ML in person anyway.

But since you love me what are the chances of you sending me an importable Syncro or Delica before you move back? :hithere:

I'd love to - send the $ :) Euros are preferable I'd guess.

fj1200
03-22-2016, 09:59 AM
I'd love to - send the $ :) Euros are preferable I'd guess.

Of course. Now to scrounge up some cash. :eek: