PDA

View Full Version : Why Trump?

crin63
03-22-2016, 05:52 PM
Hi All! Some of you know me and some don't.

I realize I'm late to the party here but I am really curious how people are able to support Trump. I'm not trying to pick a fight with my questions. I just really want to understand because I don't get it. I get the anger and frustration people feel because I'm right there with you.

How do you support a guy who owes George Soros for loaning/investing $160 million in Trump Tower Chicago?
How do you support a guy who has been and continues to be on every side or every issue? The guy is a pathological liar. He says whatever the people in front of him want to hear.
How do you support a guy who has said that his campaign rhetoric is the high end of negotiations that he will back off of to make a deal so really have no idea what he believes or what he will do?
How do you support a guy who has financed Hillary, Nancy Pelosi and who financed Harry Reid against a Tea Party candidate? Just to name a few.
How do you support a guy who has and still defends Planned Parenthood?
How do you support a guy who spins virtually everything like Trump University as an example by claiming it has an A rating as though it is and was something other than a fraudulent venture? Please, it has an A rating because it's been out of business so the complaints drop off after 3 years. Not because it's actually turned around.

Question for Christians:
How do you support a guy who thinks he has no need of God? If he has no need of repentance then he doesn't believe he has sinned against God. This guy is a serial fornicator, adulterer, liar and a supporter of murdering unborn Americans without repentance.

I don't mean the questions to be antagonistic in nature, it's just how I see the issues and question them.

Black Diamond
03-22-2016, 06:01 PM
He was better than Cruz and Rubio.

crin63
03-22-2016, 06:14 PM
He was better than Cruz and Rubio.

How so? Since Rubio is out he really doesn't matter at this point. So why better than Cruz?

Black Diamond
03-22-2016, 07:06 PM
How so? Since Rubio is out he really doesn't matter at this point. So why better than Cruz?

Rubio was still in when I voted.

Elessar
03-22-2016, 08:35 PM
It is simple...

He walks the walk and talks the talk; and appears to be quite prepared to back it up.

He has spoken openly about many people believe and shy away from.

tailfins
03-22-2016, 09:00 PM

In the interest of full disclosure: I'm an activist for Cruz. You may notice it's the churchgoing Christians that support Cruz and the ones that don't attend that support Trump. Our society has become so reprobate that only PERCEPTION matters. Anything that won't fit in a "tweet" or on a ball cap won't carry the day. The critical thinking needed to spot threats to our freedom just isn't there any more. As I asked in a different post why Obama's photo op with a Castro brother didn't spark a national outrage. Liberty required a virtuous people. America is no longer a virtuous society. It's ripe for a cult of personality like T-Rump. Forget about logic, society has become blind to it.

NightTrain
03-22-2016, 09:54 PM
Hello, Crin! Been a few years.

As far as your questions... they've been hashed & rehashed, and I'm sick of typing them out if you know what I mean.

Look around in this 2016 Presidential Election forum and you'll get your answers - from me, anyway. Can't speak for the others.

crin63
03-22-2016, 10:20 PM

As far as your questions... they've been hashed & rehashed, and I'm sick of typing them out if you know what I mean.

Look around in this 2016 Presidential Election forum and you'll get your answers - from me, anyway. Can't speak for the others.

Hey NT! Good to see you're still here. Yeah, I burned out on politics after butting heads for so long with people.

I kind of figured that would be the case since I hadn't been around in a while. I thought I would inquire anyway just in case someone felt like filling me in on their opinions. I have seen folks that never in my life would I expect them to be Trump supporters, they are good solid patriotic people who are very conservative. It really surprised me. Most of those guys seem to just want someone they think will completely blow up DC. They will just go in like a wrecking ball.

crin63
03-22-2016, 10:26 PM
In the interest of full disclosure: I'm an activist for Cruz. You may notice it's the churchgoing Christians that support Cruz and the ones that don't attend that support Trump. Our society has become so reprobate that only PERCEPTION matters. Anything that won't fit in a "tweet" or on a ball cap won't carry the day. The critical thinking needed to spot threats to our freedom just isn't there any more. As I asked in a different post why Obama's photo op with a Castro brother didn't spark a national outrage. Liberty required a virtuous people. America is no longer a virtuous society. It's ripe for a cult of personality like T-Rump. Forget about logic, society has become blind to it.

I agree with you. My observation has been the same for the most part. I just know there are some very good folks on here who I learned to respect in my time here a few years ago. I know they are thinking people so I'm trying to understand from their perspective how they can get behind Trump because I can't. I'm trying to figure out if there is a way I can ever support Trump but I just don't see it.

Black Diamond
03-22-2016, 10:37 PM

I can help a brother out by trying to explain why. :).

darin
03-23-2016, 03:28 AM
How do you support a guy who owes George Soros for loaning/investing $160 million in Trump Tower Chicago?

I see a guy who makes business decisions.

How do you support a guy who has been and continues to be on every side or every issue? The guy is a pathological liar. He says whatever the people in front of him want to hear.

Or he's a pathological politician?

How do you support a guy who has said that his campaign rhetoric is the high end of negotiations that he will back off of to make a deal so really have no idea what he believes or what he will do?

I see a guy who is willing to wait until he has the best picture of a situation before ultimately deciding.

How do you support a guy who has financed Hillary, Nancy Pelosi and who financed Harry Reid against a Tea Party candidate? Just to name a few.

Some of my relatives have done shit like that. (shrug)

Maybe he flip-flops as you pointed out? Maybe things change. that's only ONE piece of the presidential puzzle.

How do you support a guy who spins virtually everything like Trump University as an example by claiming it has an A rating as though it is and was something other than a fraudulent venture? Please, it has an A rating because it's been out of business so the complaints drop off after 3 years. Not because it's actually turned around

I have no interest in Trump University. Don't care.

Question for Christians:
How do you support a guy who thinks he has no need of God? If he has no need of repentance then he doesn't believe he has sinned against God. This guy is a serial fornicator, adulterer, liar and a supporter of murdering unborn Americans without repentance.

The best presidents probably should feel that way. And get this - Fornicators, Adulterers, Liars and even pro-abortion folk are loved my God as much or more than "Christians". In fact, Christ was clear THOSE folks will see the kingdom of God before religious people. Nobody is a Christian who wants to judge or punish 'sinners'.

Black Diamond
03-23-2016, 03:45 AM
Trump has the repeatedly said he supports planned parenthood MINUS ABORTION.

Black Diamond
03-23-2016, 03:46 AM

I see a guy who is willing to wait until he has the best picture of a situation before ultimately deciding.

Maybe he flip-flops as you pointed out? Maybe things change. that's only ONE piece of the presidential puzzle.

The best presidents probably should feel that way. And get this - Fornicators, Adulterers, Liars and even pro-abortion folk are loved my God as much or more than "Christians". In fact, Christ was clear THOSE folks will see the kingdom of God before religious people. Nobody is a Christian who wants to judge or punish 'sinners'.

Bible says God puts Kings in power (including Presidents)

crin63
03-23-2016, 08:51 AM

Hey D! Good to see you're still here! Thanks for your answers! I'm not looking to debate it or argue it, just understand it from someone else perspective.

darin
03-23-2016, 08:53 AM
Hey D! Good to see you're still here! Thanks for your answers! I'm not looking to debate it or argue it, just understand it from someone else perspective.

Righto brother - just giving folks my perspective and maybe something to think about from a different angle. No worries.

crin63
03-23-2016, 09:02 AM
Please don't take my lack of argument as necessarily agreeing with any of you.

I don't lack in the ability to argue or debate a point and I am seldom want for an opinion. I am just trying to wrap my head around this topic and understand from people who have given this some thought.

A "Thanks" is for an actual thought out answer whether I agree or not. I appreciate the participation.

Politically , should you be interested you can see where I stand you can go to the one on one debates and read the debate between Emmett and myself. Libertarian vs. Republican. I'm to the left of Libertarian and Right of Republican.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-23-2016, 09:12 AM
It is simple...

He walks the walk and talks the talk; and appears to be quite prepared to back it up.

No need for me to post my reply as I had intended, as it would be repeating exactly what you just said.
True and that reality is ignored by too many IN FAVOR OF BELIEVING THE CABAL AND ITS BILLION DOLLAR PROPAGANDA ALIGNED AGAINST HIM IMHO. :beer: :beer: -TYR

Larrymc
03-23-2016, 09:25 AM

I realize I'm late to the party here but I am really curious how people are able to support Trump. I'm not trying to pick a fight with my questions. I just really want to understand because I don't get it. I get the anger and frustration people feel because I'm right there with you.

How do you support a guy who spins virtually everything like Trump University as an example by claiming it has an A rating as though it is and was something other than a fraudulent venture? Please, it has an A rating because it's been out of business so the complaints drop off after 3 years. Not because it's actually turned around.

Question for Christians:

I don't mean the questions to be antagonistic in nature, it's just how I see the issues and question them. I Have To Agree :clap:

pete311
03-23-2016, 09:29 AM
It is simple...

Give me examples of him walking the walk. He talks big and I don't see anything to back it up at the moment. First 4 billion for the wall now 12+. Oh and all you need is a ladder and a rope to get over.

fj1200
03-23-2016, 09:34 AM

Did you have an interest in, say, Whitewater?

darin
03-23-2016, 09:39 AM
Please don't take my lack of argument as necessarily agreeing with any of you. Except Darin. I agree with him because he's compelling and pretty smart..

I don't lack in the ability to argue or debate a point and I am seldom want for an opinion. I am just trying to wrap my head around this topic and understand from people who have given this some thought.

A "Thanks" is for an actual thought out answer whether I agree or not. I appreciate the participation.

Politically , should you be interested you can see where I stand you can go to the one on one debates and read the debate between Emmett and myself. Libertarian vs. Republican. I'm to the left of Libertarian and Right of Republican.

I fixed that bit for you, CR. :) Just cuz I know that's what you REALLY meant.

:D

fj1200
03-23-2016, 09:44 AM
^Rule breaker. :poke:

crin63
03-23-2016, 09:55 AM
I fixed that bit for you, CR. :) Just cuz I know that's what you REALLY meant.

:D

Props to you brother! That was good! I really did laugh out loud.

Drummond
03-23-2016, 10:17 AM
Please don't take my lack of argument as necessarily agreeing with any of you.

Um ... if you're to the left of Libertarian, you're to the left of the radical Left !! Libertarianism is identified as LEFT WING in nature, on my side of the Pond. And elsewhere, too ... see ....

http://attackthesystem.com/beyond-co...ibertarianism/

It is clear that the modern libertarian movement has its roots in radicalism rather than any sort of conservatism. However, since its initial beginnings within the context of the radical Left, much of the libertarian movement has turned sharply rightward, though in varying and often conflicting ways. This essay will argue that this rightward shift within the libertarian movement is severely misguided, as libertarianism and conservatism are not only historically antagonistic to one another but are indeed diametrical opposites. Secondly, it will be shown that efforts to synthesize libertarianism with conservatism have resulted in dramatically negative consequences for the realm of libertarian strategy and practical political activism, consequences that are entirely predictable given the conflicting natures of libertarianism and conservatism.

fj1200
03-23-2016, 10:23 AM
Um ... if you're to the left of Libertarian, you're to the left of the radical Left !! Libertarianism is identified as LEFT WING in nature, on my side of the Pond. And elsewhere, too ... see ....

:facepalm99:

crin63
03-23-2016, 10:39 AM

http://attackthesystem.com/beyond-co...ibertarianism/

That must be the Snopes version.

The political scale is: Far left is total control or totalitarian. Far right is no control or anarchy. Libertarian is between the middle and anarchy. Closer to anarchy than the middle.

Black Diamond
03-23-2016, 10:42 AM

The political scale is: Far left is total control or totalitarian. Far right is no control or anarchy. Libertarian is between the middle and anarchy. Closer to anarchy than the middle.
Where would Mussolini and Pinochet fall then?

crin63
03-23-2016, 10:52 AM

Leftist

fj1200
03-23-2016, 10:55 AM

Definitely not Libertarian. Any fascist like Mussolini will be on the left side but Pinochet is interesting because he introduced some economic liberalization during his years.

Drummond
03-23-2016, 11:02 AM

DEFINITELY closer to anarchy !! See ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libertarian_anarchism

Libertarian anarchism may refer to:

Anarchism, a political philosophy that advocates stateless societies, usually considered a radical left-wing ideology

Autarchism, a political philosophy that upholds the principle of individual liberty, rejects compulsory government, and supports the elimination of government in favor of ruling oneself and no other

Free-market anarchism, a political philosophy that advocates the elimination of the state in favor of individual sovereignty, private property, and open markets

Agorism, a revolutionary form of free-market anarchism that focuses on employing counter-economic activity to undermine the state

Anarcho-capitalism, a right-wing political philosophy that advocates the elimination of the state in favor of individual sovereignty, private property, and open markets

Left-wing market anarchism, a political philosophy that strongly affirms the classical liberal ideas of self-ownership and free markets, while maintaining that, taken to their logical conclusions, these ideas support "anti-capitalist" positions

Libertarianism, an individualist political philosophy that upholds liberty as its primary focus and principal objective

Voluntaryism, a political philosophy which holds that all forms of human association should be voluntary

Libertarianism has been identified as both Left and Right wing ... but definitely originates as something LEFT wing.

And here in Britain, those staunch LEFT WING Unions, who pay their dues to LABOUR, only gave us ... ANARCHY. Look up 'Winter of Discontent' and see what you learn from it.

And check out those values which many of our LEFT WING Unions say they identify with and fight for. Try separating them out from a contempt for authority, and a wish to foment anarchy whenever it suits them ....

If you're a Libertarian, you identify yourself as LEFT wing. It's ultimately that simple.

tailfins
03-23-2016, 11:08 AM
Leftist

Pinochet was a hero that did what he had to do to stop Allende from handing the country over to Fidel Castro.

fj1200
03-23-2016, 11:15 AM
If you're a Libertarian, you identify yourself as LEFT wing. It's ultimately that simple.

---
Thatcherism is often described as a libertarian (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libertarianism) ideology. Thatcher saw herself as creating a libertarian (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libertarianism) movement,[16] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thatcherism#cite_note-16)[17] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thatcherism#cite_note-17) rejecting traditional Toryism (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toryism).[18] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thatcherism#cite_note-18) Thatcherism is associated with libertarianism (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libertarianism) within the Conservative Party,[19] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thatcherism#cite_note-19) albeit one of libertarian ends achieved by using strong and sometimes authoritarian leadership.[20] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thatcherism#cite_note-20) British political commentator Andrew Marr (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Marr) has called libertarianism the "dominant, if unofficial, characteristic of Thatcherism".[21] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thatcherism#cite_note-21) However, whereas some of her heirs, notably Michael Portillo (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Portillo)and Alan Duncan (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Duncan), embraced this libertarianism, others in the Thatcherite movement, such as John Redwood (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Redwood), sought to become more populist (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Populism).[22] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thatcherism#cite_note-22)[23] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thatcherism#cite_note-23)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thatcherism#Libertarianism
---

:dunno:

Gunny
03-23-2016, 11:28 AM

Question for Christians:

I don't mean the questions to be antagonistic in nature, it's just how I see the issues and question them.

You ARE late to the party. And I speak solely for me. I DON'T support Trump. What I DO support is keeping Dems out of the White House. If I have to hold my nose and vote for Trump I feel little shame as I did the same for McLame and I REALLY can't stand him.

Both are better alternatives to a continuation of the dictatorship we have going on now.

tailfins
03-23-2016, 11:53 AM
You ARE late to the party. And I speak solely for me. I DON'T support Trump. What I DO support is keeping Dems out of the White House. If I have to hold my nose and vote for Trump I feel little shame as I did the same for McLame and I REALLY can't stand him.

Both are better alternatives to a continuation of the dictatorship we have going on now.

I will cross that bridge when I come to it. Cruz hasn't lost the nomination yet. I was #NeverTrump until I thought of Kasich. The GOP can indeed do worse than Trump.

crin63
03-24-2016, 10:04 AM

My apologies, I was hasty in response yesterday. I was taking care of my dad and had to drop everything else.

Regardless of how you govern, if you are the supreme ruler you are a leftist even if in your wisdom and benevolence you allow a great measure of freedom for your people. So long as you have unchecked authority that is able to thwart the will of the people you are a leftist.

crin63
03-24-2016, 10:30 AM
For all the questions I posted initially I cannot support Trump. I was hoping someone could enlighten me and give me information that might help me to make a new decision.

I cannot and will not vote for someone who I am not certain is pro-life.

Yes, I really do realize just how bad Hillary would be.

I also live in a state where we elected the last faux conservative celebrity to govern. I saw that disaster. Due to Arnuld we will likely not have a conservative governor again for a generation or two.

This state was prime for a conservative governor just like our country is prime for a conservative POTUS. Gray Davis was being recalled due to failed policies and corruption. We were faced with a Trump vs. Cruz situation in Arnuld vs. Tom McClintock who was an actual Conservative unlike Arnuld. Just like today where we're faced with a faux conservative celebrity Trump vs Cruz who is a real Conservative.

To elect Trump will have the same devastating effects that electing Arnuld in California had. I actually think he will be worse.

Drummond
03-24-2016, 12:03 PM
For all the questions I posted initially I cannot support Trump. I was hoping someone could enlighten me and give me information that might help me to make a new decision.

I also live in a state where we elected the last faux conservative celebrity to govern. I saw that disaster. Due to Arnuld we will likely not have a conservative governor again for a generation or two.

This state was prime for a conservative governor just like our country is prime for a conservative POTUS. Gray Davis was being recalled due to failed policies and corruption. We were faced with a Trump vs. Cruz situation in Arnuld vs. Tom McClintock who was an actual Conservative unlike Arnuld. Just like today where we're faced with a faux conservative celebrity Trump vs Cruz who is a real Conservative.

To elect Trump will have the same devastating effects that electing Arnuld in California had. I actually think he will be worse.

Are the Dems pro-life ?

I ask, because if Trump turns out to be the victorious GOP candidate, then only he, as the leading figure for that Party, has a reasonable chance of stopping the Dems from winning. If you have it in mind not to vote, or to vote for a more 'fringe' character, then you might as well be voting for Hillary, regardless.

tailfins
03-24-2016, 12:09 PM

Yours is an outstanding post, worthy to be published in a high circulation magazine.

Gunny
03-24-2016, 01:02 PM

You are basing your entire argument on "pro-life". It is not the only topic at stake, and I will point out that by not voting, or voing 3rd party you are indeed allowing a pro choice (Dem) into office. Seems rather self-defeating to me.

And I am NOT pro-choice. I find it incredulous that the very same people that whine like little b*tches about collateral damage in a war zone and are worried about the so-called "human rights" of every baby in the world thinkit's quite okay to murder our own. Poor little starving African child ... try looking in the trash bin outside an abortion clinic HERE. So, I will repeat ... it is NOT about supporting Trump to me. But do you think under Ms Goes With the Flow of every leftwingnut group to include the pro-choice nuts it's going to be any better? The left has already proven they have ZERO respect for the law, and zero respect for the will of the people.

I want them O-U-T. I have been quite outspoken on what I think about Trump and his bullying crap. He's a typical developer and I've worked for many. I know how they operate. At the same time, if you want even a smidgen of our Constitution intact, the Dems have to go.

This isn't about support to a lot of us. It's about choosing the lesser of 2 evils. And those on the right that "take a stand on principle" have given us 8 years of Der Fuerher Obama.

tailfins
03-24-2016, 01:13 PM
You are basing your entire argument on "pro-life". It is not the only topic at stake, and I will point out that by not voting, or voing 3rd party you are indeed allowing a pro choice (Dem) into office. Seems rather self-defeating to me.

And I am NOT pro-choice. I find it incredulous that the very same people that whine like little b*tches about collateral damage in a war zone and are worried about the so-called "human rights" of every baby in the world thinkit's quite okay to murder our own. Poor little starving African child ... try looking in the trash bin outside an abortion clinic HERE. So, I will repeat ... it is NOT about supporting Trump to me. But do you think under Ms Goes With the Flow of every leftwingnut group to include the pro-choice nuts it's going to be any better? The left has already proven they have ZERO respect for the law, and zero respect for the will of the people.

I want them O-U-T. I have been quite outspoken on what I think about Trump and his bullying crap. He's a typical developer and I've worked for many. I know how they operate. At the same time, if you want even a smidgen of our Constitution intact, the Dems have to go.

This isn't about support to a lot of us. It's about choosing the lesser of 2 evils. And those on the right that "take a stand on principle" have given us 8 years of Der Fuerher Obama.

What about the Ahnuld comparison? Making the GOP brand radioactive for 20 years would be worse than a Klinton victory.

Gunny
03-24-2016, 01:24 PM
What about the Ahnuld comparison? Making the GOP brand radioactive for 20 years would be worse than a Klinton victory.

Not much minus global thermonuclear war would be worse than a Clinton victory.

As far as Arnold goes, I liked his movies, and he was an awesome bodybuilder. I'll also point out the comparison is irrelevant since he was born in Austria. I'm not all that impressed with his politics. He's a 60s-70s boomer back when liberals were actually liberal. While I may agree with the politics of the day since I grew up then too, they are also irrelevant to the current fascist situation.

crin63
03-24-2016, 01:30 PM

I listed my problems with Trump in the form of my initial questions but I have a line in the sand that I will not cross regardless of the circumstance. I could look past all my other problems in a Trump vs Hillary but I will not go against my core beliefs and convictions. I cannot. It's not who I am. I will die on that hill before I yield on my core beliefs.

Gunny
03-24-2016, 01:35 PM
I listed my problems with Trump in the form of my initial questions but I have a line in the sand that I will not cross regardless of the circumstance. I could look past all my other problems in a Trump vs Hillary but I will not go against my core beliefs and convictions. I cannot. It's not who I am. I will die on that hill before I yield on my core beliefs.

Man's got to do what he thinks he's got to do.

Dying on a hill proves nothing. Winning proves EVERYTHING.

Larrymc
03-24-2016, 01:47 PM

To elect Trump will have the same devastating effects that electing Arnuld in California had. I actually think he will be worse. Pro-Life is a huge issue for me to, Trump has been a Democrat and a large financial supporter of them up to this point, His supporters ignore this fact because he spouts off what we want to hear, I personally think its to big a risk that he still is a Democrat, Knowing the Country is primed for a Conservative, He may even be in the race just to cause chaos in the Republican party to give Hillary a chance,
Now with that said I'm 100% Cruz, but i will vote for the Nominee even if its Trump, because anyone will be better than Hillary.

crin63
03-24-2016, 02:12 PM
Man's got to do what he thinks he's got to do.

Dying on a hill proves nothing. Winning proves EVERYTHING.

This is not an easy decision for me. It haunts me, but it's never winning for me if I betray my beliefs. Been there, done that and those scars don't heal. They wake me from my sleep gasping for air.

I realize it's not common place to have a line in the sand that one won't cross since most folks have no core beliefs, nothing they really truly hold dear and compromise is like breathing to them. Decades of folks compromising on principles, morals and beliefs have led us to this decay in our country. We just keep saying the lesser of 2 evils one more time, and then one more time, and again one more time.

gabosaurus
03-24-2016, 02:22 PM
Trump appeals to angry white people who long for the return of the Jim Crow era. And those want to turn the U.S. into a larger version of North Korea.

Gunny
03-24-2016, 02:30 PM
This is not an easy decision for me. It haunts me, but it's never winning for me if I betray my beliefs. Been there, done that and those scars don't heal. They wake me from my sleep gasping for air.

I realize it's not common place to have a line in the sand that one won't cross since most folks have no core beliefs, nothing they really truly hold dear and compromise is like breathing to them. Decades of folks compromising on principles, morals and beliefs have led us to this decay in our country. We just keep saying the lesser of 2 evils one more time, and then one more time, and again one more time.

First I'd say look at the big picture and what's important rather than your self-serving beliefs.

Two, you don't know who you're talking to, obviously. I'm from San Antonio and I was raised with the "line in the sand". But I know how to win a war.

Do you REALLY think that your morals and beliefs matter on the voting stage? We've had stooges since Buchanan. You're not going to change anything. I understand the quicksand of "lesser of 2 evils". Not doing anything doesn't fix it. Wasting a vote doesn't fix it. So if you really want to do something, try doing something. Doing nothing gets no one anywhere.

crin63
03-24-2016, 07:27 PM
First I'd say look at the big picture and what's important rather than your self-serving beliefs.

Two, you don't know who you're talking to, obviously. I'm from San Antonio and I was raised with the "line in the sand". But I know how to win a war.

Do you REALLY think that your morals and beliefs matter on the voting stage? We've had stooges since Buchanan. You're not going to change anything. I understand the quicksand of "lesser of 2 evils". Not doing anything doesn't fix it. Wasting a vote doesn't fix it. So if you really want to do something, try doing something. Doing nothing gets no one anywhere.

I was not referring to you in particular. I was in reference to folks in general. My apologies if taken otherwise.

Black Diamond
03-24-2016, 07:37 PM
I was not referring to you in particular. I was in reference to folks in general. My apologies if taken otherwise.

Cruz is a slimeball pansy POS hiding behind a Bible. He more than likely stole Iowa with his shenanigans against Carson.

Gunny
03-24-2016, 08:19 PM

Got me wrong again. I'm doing my best to stay out of this and respect everyone's right to their opinion while still expressing my own. I speak in general all the time. I haven't taken offense.

tailfins
03-24-2016, 08:24 PM
Cruz is a slimeball pansy POS hiding behind a Bible. He more than likely stole Iowa with his shenanigans against Carson.

Anything close to an unbiased look at the facts would conclude it was an over zealous campaign volunteer spreading an unreliable news story. Such accusations are Democrat style gotcha games.

Black Diamond
03-24-2016, 08:49 PM

Black Diamond
03-24-2016, 08:55 PM
Got me wrong again. I'm doing my best to stay out of this and respect everyone's right to their opinion while still expressing my own. I speak in general all the time. I haven't taken offense.

You'll be on the Trump train in November.

gabosaurus
03-25-2016, 12:07 AM
You'll be on the Trump train in November.

What makes you think there will even be a Trump train in November?

darin
03-25-2016, 01:46 AM
Ya know what is 'cool' now? For conservatives to pretend to make a rational case for not supporting Trump. I think they think it makes them seem more level-headed to their circles. "Yeah, ya know, I just can't support Him" As if you tried or as if you compared the alternatives. One term with a mediocre wind-bag is better than two terms watching the alternative make the nation WORSE than the current...uh...'person' who lead us into disaster after disaster. There's no way the dead, felons, or illegals would EVER not-re-elect anyone with a D behind their name. 4 yrs of Trump > 8 years of complete awfulness in EVERY regard.