PDA

View Full Version : Gitmo V Leavenworth

Kathianne
03-23-2016, 06:09 AM
A discussion largely invisible in the news:

http://pjmedia.com/instapundit/229773/

MARCH 23, 2016

FUNDAMENTALLY TRANSFORMED: Members of ‘Leavenworth 10′ languish in military prison, while Gitmo detainees freed. (http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/03/21/members-leavenworth-10-languish-in-military-prison-while-gitmo-detainees-freed.html)

The Obama administration is emptying the military’s Guantanamo Bay detention facility of avowed terrorists captured fighting in Afghanistan and Iraq, but several American service members languish in another military prison for actions on those same battlefields that their supporters say merit clemency, if not gratitude.

Among the prison population at Fort Leavenworth, in Kansas, are remaining members of the so-called “Leavenworth 10,” convicted service members doing terms ranging from 10 to 40 years for heat-of-the-battle decisions their supporters say saved American lives.

“The very people who protect our freedoms and liberties are having their own freedoms and liberties taken away,” said retired U.S. Army Col. Allen West, a former congressman and political commentator. “I think it’s appalling and no one is talking about this issue.”

The “Leavenworth 10″ is the name given to a fluctuating number of men housed at Leavenworth for actions in Iraq and Afghanistan that their supporters say were justified. Over the years, a handful have been paroled, and more have been incarcerated.

You know, if I were a young person considering a military career, I’d wait until after November to make a decision.

Abbey Marie
03-23-2016, 08:53 AM
I wonder how many post- Presidency years it will take, for a crystal clear picture of Obama's pro-Muslim self to emerge to the world?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-23-2016, 09:04 AM
I wonder how many post- Presidency years it will take, for a crystal clear picture of Obama's pro-Muslim self to emerge to the world?
That would only matter if this nation survived another 20/40 years-- which as it stands now is very unlikely.
WHIS IS UNLIKELY because the population has been both, dumbed down and so greatly weakened (immigrants, etc) and divided IMHO..

IF WE SURVIVE, REVERSE COURSE, I'D SAY ABOUT 25/30 YEARS THE TRUTH ABOUT THAT MUSLIM TRAITOR WILL BECOME KNOWN.
And the dems will still be just as arrogant, stupid and unabashedly not ashamed..... -TYR

Gunny
03-28-2016, 01:12 PM
A discussion largely invisible in the news:

http://pjmedia.com/instapundit/229773/

There are people in Leavenworth for disclosing classified information. Just saying .... :)

Elessar
03-28-2016, 05:05 PM
There are people in Leavenworth for disclosing classified information. Just saying .... :)

That is correct, yet some of the sentiment does have merit.

hjmick
03-28-2016, 06:12 PM
I am constantly amused by those folks calling for the closing of Gitmo, claiming it is a "recruitment" tool for terrorists...

As if by closing it the jihadists standing in line in the terrorist recruitment center are going to suddenly decide not to "sign up" when their smart phones beep with the breaking news alert telling them Gitmo has been closed...

Damn morons...

There has been talk of sticking some of them here in the U.S. Naval Consolidated Brig... Seriously? There are residential areas less than a mile from the USNCB... U.S. Naval Consolidated Brig location (https://www.google.com/maps/place/U.S.+Naval+Consolidated+Brig/@32.909761,-79.9766456,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x7ccfeecf4a3d834b)

Now, I'm not particularly fearful of an attack, if I were I'd never leave the house, but it seems to me that sticking these pricks anywhere near a community that can be taken hostage and exploited to "make their point" is an unnecessary risk...

Ah what the hell... What are you going to do when you have a President more concerned with his legacy and how he will be viewed by history than he is with doing what's best for the country he was elected to serve?

Grin and bear it...

Elessar
03-28-2016, 07:28 PM
I am constantly amused by those folks calling for the closing of Gitmo, claiming it is a "recruitment" tool for terrorists...

Ah what the hell... What are you going to do when you have a President more concerned with his legacy and how he will be viewed by history than he is with doing what's best for the country he was elected to serve?

Grin and bear it...

A legacy of nothing. A sheep in wolves clothing.
Done not a frikkin thing to keep OUR nation strong!

aboutime
03-28-2016, 07:34 PM
The tree-hugger, whiner, wussies who are afraid of offending our enemies are just selfish.

None of them realize, or understand. Once the GITMO terrorists arrive on U.S. Soil. They are eligible to be protected under the FULL weight of the Constitution. And it gives our enemies the rights they used murder to take away the right of LIFE for others.

Of course. The dumbest of Americans who voted for Obama twice...ARE NOT INTELLIGENT enough to understand how TERRORISTS use OUR AMERICAN IGNORANCE to destroy us.