PDA

View Full Version : Muslim groups are organizing registration drives to mobilize voters against Donald Tr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-26-2016, 09:16 PM
http://www.vox.com/2016/3/25/11303878/muslims-donald-trump

Muslim groups are organizing registration drives to mobilize voters against Donald Trump
Updated by Michelle Hackman on March 25, 2016, 9:40 a.m. ET

Watching with growing horror as the GOP presidential frontrunners, Donald Trump and Ted Cruz, outdo one another with increasingly anti-Muslim policy proposals, Muslim-American groups are organizing in the most proactive way they know how: by boosting the Muslim vote.

Groups like the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) and the Islamic Circle of North America are working with mosques to organize voter registration drives before the November elections, according to the New York Times, so Muslims can make their voices heard.

"The fear and apprehension in the American Muslim community has never been at this level," Ibrahim Hooper, a spokesperson for CAIR, told the Times. "The anti-Islamic tidal wave is spurring civic participation."

Although Muslims make up only about 1 percent of the US population, they cluster in crucial swing states like Ohio and Florida, where advocacy groups hope the united voting bloc can make a meaningful difference. Organizations involved hope to register as many as 1 million new voters.

As recently as the 2000 election, Muslims leaned Republican. But following the 9/11 terrorist attacks and a wave of anti-Islamic backlash, the American Muslim community has swung sharply in the other direction. Today, 70 percent of Muslim Americans identify as Democrats, according to the Pew Research Center.

But Muslims are not the only minority community hoping to boost turnout against Republicans. Latino groups, angered by Trump’s anti-immigrant rhetoric in particular, are also holding drives to register voters – and to help permanent residents become naturalized citizens in time to cast ballots.

Latinos, who make up about 13 percent of eligible voters, are disproportionately young – 3.2 million Latinos will have turned 18 and become eligible to vote between the 2012 election and Election Day in 2016. They’re disproportionately likely to support Democrats, and mobilizing them could deal a real blow to Republicans in the general election.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Groups like the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) and the Islamic Circle of North America are working with mosques to organize voter registration drives before the November elections, according to the New York Times, so Muslims can make their voices heard.

-------------------------------

Do these maggots enjoy that "federal tax exempt status for churches/religious institutions"????
Yes they do--thus its illegal to do what they announced they are doing!!
Want to bet they will be allowed by the obama dictatorship to break that law with impunity?

Folks we are now under a completely lawless government headed by obama... Fact ...-Tyr

Black Diamond
03-26-2016, 09:19 PM
Osama! Osama! Osama!

Jeff
03-27-2016, 07:28 AM
These folks aren't for Trump and cringe when they think of him as president, hell he is going to shut down all the PC BS that brought them here in the first place.

Noir
03-27-2016, 08:41 AM
Do these maggots enjoy that "federal tax exempt status for churches/religious institutions"????
Want to bet they will be allowed by the obama dictatorship to break that law with impunity?

It's illegal for a church to hold/promote voter registration events?

jimnyc
03-27-2016, 09:10 AM
These dirtbags won't have a dent in anything other than in the Islamic worlds in the Minnesota area and Dearborn. Must suck to try and mobilize and not have any traction. And this is one of those times where I would have loved to have voter ID mandatory in all locations.

BUT, after they slowly increase their numbers, and then take over places like listed above, and create "no go zones" like we see across the pond, and then we see some attacks here and there. Hopefully we won't see the issue get worse and worse and worse as we see happening over there.

Black Diamond
03-27-2016, 09:15 AM
These dirtbags won't have a dent in anything other than in the Islamic worlds in the Minnesota area and Dearborn. Must suck to try and mobilize and not have any traction. And this is one of those times where I would have loved to have voter ID mandatory in all locations.

BUT, after they slowly increase their numbers, and then take over places like listed above, and create "no go zones" like we see across the pond, and then we see some attacks here and there. Hopefully we won't see the issue get worse and worse and worse as we see happening over there.

Can't imagine we won't. I feel we will become more and more like Europe. 2016 may be our last chance. And didn't this Omnibus bill provide for 300,000 of them to come here?

jimnyc
03-27-2016, 09:19 AM
Can't imagine we won't. I feel we will become more and more like Europe. 2016 may be our last chance. And didn't this Omnibus bill provide for 300,000 of them to come here?

Open the door for everyone and remain politically correct - some snakes will get in - and you WILL get bit by a snake eventually. Yes, a kinda stole that too. But it's true. It's no different than placing the frog in the water and slow boiling him. We're going to sit back and be told how nice we have to be to everyone, and accepting & allow this and that - and then we will be bit after the place turns into a huge snake pit.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
03-27-2016, 10:08 AM
It's illegal for a church to hold/promote voter registration events?

Yes , when it specifically targets one candidate (as either promoting or negatively rejecting), in this cae in rejecting Trump as its goal-- thats a form of electioneering within the church/mosque. Thats illegal under Federal law here but hey the bambastard scum and his political party are both all for breaking this standing law as he is a lawless traitor that should be in prison now.

So its not just registering my friend. As the message clearly given is registering to defeat a specific candidate-thats illegal for the church to do and also illegal for CAIR TO DO, IF IT HAS THE SAME FEDERAL TAX EXEMPT STATUS.-Tyr

Noir
03-27-2016, 10:21 AM
Yes , when it specifically targets one candidate (as either promoting or negatively rejecting), in this cae in rejecting Trump as its goal-- thats a form of electioneering within the church/mosque. Thats illegal under Federal law here but hey the bambastard scum and his political party are both all for breaking this standing law as he is a lawless traitor that should be in prison now. So its not just registering my friend. As the message clearly given is registering to defeat a specific candidate-thats illegal for the church to do and also illegal for CAIR TO DO, IF IT HAS THE SAME FEDERAL TAX EXEMPT STATUS.-Tyr Where is the stated message that a specific candidate is being targeted? What you quoted said

jimnyc
03-27-2016, 10:34 AM
Yes , when it specifically targets one candidate (as either promoting or negatively rejecting), in this cae in rejecting Trump as its goal-- thats a form of electioneering within the church/mosque. Thats illegal under Federal law here but hey the bambastard scum and his political party are both all for breaking this standing law as he is a lawless traitor that should be in prison now.

So its not just registering my friend. As the message clearly given is registering to defeat a specific candidate-thats illegal for the church to do and also illegal for CAIR TO DO, IF IT HAS THE SAME FEDERAL TAX EXEMPT STATUS.-Tyr

Where is the stated message that a specific candidate is being targeted? What you quoted said

They are smart and won't say certain things specifically, but obviously point out about doing such based on fears of the upcoming election. The article also states they plan to increase voter turnout AGAINST the republicans. Someone should sneak in and peek around in a few places. Because what they cannot do is - endorse or oppose anyone. They cannot contribute or use church resources, not even using a free list of the membership. I'd be more than happy to turn them in and help them lose any tax exempt statuses should they be doing anything outside election laws. :)

Noir
03-27-2016, 01:15 PM
They are smart and won't say certain things specifically, but obviously point out about doing such based on fears of the upcoming election. The article also states they plan to increase voter turnout AGAINST the republicans. Someone should sneak in and peek around in a few places. Because what they cannot do is - endorse or oppose anyone. They cannot contribute or use church resources, not even using a free list of the membership. I'd be more than happy to turn them in and help them lose any tax exempt statuses should they be doing anything outside election laws. :)

So no law is being broken.

jimnyc
03-27-2016, 01:54 PM
So no law is being broken.

Can't say definitively without being there. The article (and life in general) implies that they are against republicans and are afraid of future policy and what not. Do I believe they are just being fine people 'trying to get the vote out' as they say - no way. I don't trust them. I have ZERO doubt that they would work towards allowing Trump or Cruz to get into office. I have zero doubt that they run afoul of election laws within their 4 walls. Then bring CAIR into it and it makes it even more likely which direction they are leaning and whether any honesty is in question.

I say let them do it, I honestly don't care. Let them have a vote and be a part of the process. Then let them watch the same process be used to limit their crap in America and save us from what is happening across the pond. No go zones my ass.

Gunny
03-27-2016, 02:30 PM
Muslim groups are organizing registration drives to mobilize voters against Donald Trump
Updated by Michelle Hackman on March 25, 2016, 9:40 a.m. ET

Watching with growing horror as the GOP presidential frontrunners, Donald Trump and Ted Cruz, outdo one another with increasingly anti-Muslim policy proposals, Muslim-American groups are organizing in the most proactive way they know how: by boosting the Muslim vote.

"The fear and apprehension in the American Muslim community has never been at this level," Ibrahim Hooper, a spokesperson for CAIR, told the Times. "The anti-Islamic tidal wave is spurring civic participation."

Although Muslims make up only about 1 percent of the US population, they cluster in crucial swing states like Ohio and Florida, where advocacy groups hope the united voting bloc can make a meaningful difference. Organizations involved hope to register as many as 1 million new voters.

As recently as the 2000 election, Muslims leaned Republican. But following the 9/11 terrorist attacks and a wave of anti-Islamic backlash, the American Muslim community has swung sharply in the other direction. Today, 70 percent of Muslim Americans identify as Democrats, according to the Pew Research Center.

But Muslims are not the only minority community hoping to boost turnout against Republicans. Latino groups, angered by Trump’s anti-immigrant rhetoric in particular, are also holding drives to register voters – and to help permanent residents become naturalized citizens in time to cast ballots.

Latinos, who make up about 13 percent of eligible voters, are disproportionately young – 3.2 million Latinos will have turned 18 and become eligible to vote between the 2012 election and Election Day in 2016. They’re disproportionately likely to support Democrats, and mobilizing them could deal a real blow to Republicans in the general election.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Folks we are now under a completely lawless government headed by obama... Fact ...-Tyr

Trump should have seen the backlash for his big mouth coming. He's gotten better, I'll give him that, but the damage has been done. I've said from the beginning he's alienated too many people. Politics isn't business. You can't just charge in and run your mouth which is exactly what he did. Once the left kind of figured out who the frontrunner is, they're going after him. They just stayed quiet long enough for the right to implode. Say what you want ... brilliant strategy.

As far as the church being tax exempt, I think all churches have played fast and loose with that one. But Christian churches can't mobilize an entire voting block like Muslims can.