View Full Version : Fake "assault" - Corey is charged for essentially nothing

darin
03-30-2016, 01:41 AM
...it's because it's Trump.

(shrug)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkLrr9Ydl9g

Kathianne
03-30-2016, 01:49 AM
I don't disagree, in fact I don't think Field's had any intention of filing charges originally. She wasn't the first to bring it to public attention-WaPo did. First it appeared that Corey sort of apologized, not 'knowing' she was with Breitbart-then the campaign and Breitbart started the series of denials and blame the 'victim.' They also 'taunted' with 'file charges,' if true. She did.

This would go away if they would all just stop. It didn't and doesn't have to be a 'Gary Hart' moment; in other words-dare you to prove it.

Apology and acknowledgement that the rough stuff would be avoided in the future.

DLT
03-30-2016, 09:08 AM
I don't disagree, in fact I don't think Field's had any intention of filing charges originally. She wasn't the first to bring it to public attention-WaPo did. First it appeared that Corey sort of apologized, not 'knowing' she was with Breitbart-then the campaign and Breitbart started the series of denials and blame the 'victim.' They also 'taunted' with 'file charges,' if true. She did.

This would go away if they would all just stop. It didn't and doesn't have to be a 'Gary Hart' moment; in other words-dare you to prove it.

Apology and acknowledgement that the rough stuff would be avoided in the future.

Yeah, that....plus....it seems to me that Fields is merely engaging in what Trump loves to do....

embellishment, exaggeration, blowing things out of proportion, and taking revenge via a court of law.

Gunny
03-30-2016, 09:20 AM
I think Trump ought to sue her. She was basically assaulting him first.

Bilgerat
03-30-2016, 09:55 AM

I disagree, the left leaning lame stream media has this bone and they have to "chew" on it loudly and frequently.

An added bonus, screaming about this fiasco takes the eyes off the Hildabeast and her problems.

DLT
03-30-2016, 10:26 AM

Well now, she shouldn't have touched his sleeve, that's for sure. But she was probably taunted into making a bigger deal out of it than it was. Both parties are at fault here, IMO.

And how juvenile is it all? How are America's enemies (within and without) snickering and smirking, laughing and pointing at us daily now. It's embarrassing.

DLT
03-30-2016, 10:27 AM
I disagree, the left leaning lame stream media has this bone and they have to "chew" on it loudly and frequently.

An added bonus, screaming about this fiasco takes the eyes off the Hildabeast and her problems.

True dat.

Gunny
03-30-2016, 10:35 AM
Well now, she shouldn't have touched his sleeve, that's for sure. But she was probably taunted into making a bigger deal out of it than it was. Both parties are at fault here, IMO.

And how juvenile is it all? How are America's enemies (within and without) snickering and smirking, laughing and pointing at us daily now. It's embarrassing.

I would say security is at actual fault. She should have never gotten anywhere near him. William McKinley was shot from a further distance.

I have to agree with Bilgerat though ... this is just a distraction. The fact is, you can see on the video she wasn't grabbed and slammed to the floor. Her accusation is a crock to begin with. Second, if you're going to act like paparazzi, expect to be treated like it. And yes, it is VERY juvenile.

tailfins
03-30-2016, 12:18 PM

I hope he does. It would be a total sideshow and force the T-Rump to make frequent trips to Florida instead of campaign rallies.

DLT
03-30-2016, 12:22 PM
I would say security is at actual fault. She should have never gotten anywhere near him. William McKinley was shot from a further distance.

I have to agree with Bilgerat though ... this is just a distraction. The fact is, you can see on the video she wasn't grabbed and slammed to the floor. Her accusation is a crock to begin with. Second, if you're going to act like paparazzi, expect to be treated like it. And yes, it is VERY juvenile.

Juvenile and embarrassing for our nation. This whole primary year has gone from bad to worse re: that.

tailfins
03-30-2016, 01:03 PM
Anyone who doesn't take the side of Michelle Fields hates all women.

Christie Brinkley
03-30-2016, 01:11 PM
If he is being done for assault then I want the reporter done for harassment and assault of Trump.

fj1200
03-30-2016, 01:15 PM
If he is being done for assault then I want the reporter done for harassment and assault of Trump.

Asking questions is neither harassment nor assault.

Christie Brinkley
03-30-2016, 01:18 PM
Asking questions is neither harassment nor assault.
Being told multiple times to not ask questions as the opportunity to ask questions was over then touching Mr Trump without his permission is assault and harassment, going by the same standards.

tailfins
03-30-2016, 01:20 PM

Absolutely, the more the merrier. I wonder how much ad revenue can be made from ads televising this food fight.

Live by the reality TV culture; die by the reality TV culture.

fj1200
03-30-2016, 01:22 PM
Being told multiple times to not ask questions as the opportunity to ask questions was over then touching Mr Trump without his permission is assault and harassment, going by the same standards.

Wow. Every reporter in the world is now guilty of assault and harassment. I didn't see her yank anyone.

Christie Brinkley
03-30-2016, 01:23 PM
Wow. Every reporter in the world is now guilty of assault and harassment. I didn't see her yank anyone.
Going by the same over reactionary standards of the charge on Corey then yes they would be guilty of assault and harassment.

Little-Acorn
03-30-2016, 01:35 PM
I can't see Corey's hand on her arm (as she claimed) in any of the frames in the video you linked. Her body blocks that view.

But at one point she is beside Trump, appearing to speak or ask him a question. And I can see Corey extending his arm in her direction.

Then within a few frames she is suddenly a few steps behind Trump. It's reasonable to assume she didn't step that far back voluntarily - she was there to ask him questions. And Corey's arm and shoulder appear to be twisted back... as they would be *IF* he had grabbed her and pulled her back. But I can't see him actually grabbing her, again her body blocks that view.

So when Trump later said that the video did not show Corey grabbing and pulling her, Trump was correct.

But the sequence of what I *could* see in this video, makes me think Corey did, in fact, grab her (maybe by the arm, maybe by the belt, I can't see his hand anywhere in these frames) and pull her quickly back.

I also think she can't prove it, since Corey's hand cannot be seen grabbing or holding her at any time.

Only thing that could let her win her case, is if there are several reliable eyewitnesses who did see Corey's arm and hand, grabbing her.

Are there any?

Bottom line: Yes, I think Corey did grab her and pull her back quickly. It looks like something did make her move back suddenly, two or three steps. But it is not clear what that "something" was.

I would also guess that Trump and Corey both know that Corey did grab and pull her. And they are quite sure it cannot be proven with these videos, so they're sticking to their stories.

fj1200
03-30-2016, 01:37 PM
Going by the same over reactionary standards of the charge on Corey then yes they would be guilty of assault and harassment.

Uh, no.

fj1200
03-30-2016, 02:46 PM
I would also guess that Trump and Corey both know that Corey did grab and pull her. And they are quite sure it cannot be proven with these videos, so they're sticking to their stories.

Starting at :30 of the OP is pretty clear.

Abbey Marie
03-30-2016, 02:55 PM
Good lord, enough of this. This is an aggressive reporter pushing too hard, and a Trump staffer getting over-zealous protecting him. The only thing "injured" in this situation was her pride.

Kathianne
03-30-2016, 02:58 PM
I can't see Corey's hand on her arm (as she claimed) in any of the frames in the video you linked. Her body blocks that view.

But at one point she is beside Trump, appearing to speak or ask him a question. And I can see Corey extending his arm in her direction.

Then within a few frames she is suddenly a few steps behind Trump. It's reasonable to assume she didn't step that far back voluntarily - she was there to ask him questions. And Corey's arm and shoulder appear to be twisted back... as they would be *IF* he had grabbed her and pulled her back. But I can't see him actually grabbing her, again her body blocks that view.

So when Trump later said that the video did not show Corey grabbing and pulling her, Trump was correct.

But the sequence of what I *could* see in this video, makes me think Corey did, in fact, grab her (maybe by the arm, maybe by the belt, I can't see his hand anywhere in these frames) and pull her quickly back.

I also think she can't prove it, since Corey's hand cannot be seen grabbing or holding her at any time.

Only thing that could let her win her case, is if there are several reliable eyewitnesses who did see Corey's arm and hand, grabbing her.

Are there any?

Bottom line: Yes, I think Corey did grab her and pull her back quickly. It looks like something did make her move back suddenly, two or three steps. But it is not clear what that "something" was.

Well the police thought there was enough on the video to charge him. The video was Trump's security video, which they hadn't mentioned earlier:

http://fox6now.com/2016/03/29/police-charge-trump-campaign-manager-with-assault/

tailfins
03-30-2016, 03:16 PM
Well the police thought there was enough on the video to charge him. The video was Trump's security video, which they hadn't mentioned earlier:

http://fox6now.com/2016/03/29/police-charge-trump-campaign-manager-with-assault/

On Drudge they are saying that the prosecutor is a Hillary supporter. I will have coconut oil on my popcorn, please.

hjmick
03-30-2016, 04:09 PM
On Drudge they are saying that the prosecutor is a Hillary supporter. I will have coconut oil on my popcorn, please.

Last I heard, about two hours ago, the prosecutor's office had not yet received the case from the police...

Kathianne
03-30-2016, 04:23 PM
Last I heard, about two hours ago, the prosecutor's office had not yet received the case from the police...

I don't know about phone call, but the charges obviously were ok'd by the prosecutor.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/us_politics/2016/03/fla_prosecutor_in_trump_campaign_manager_case_is_c linton_backer

hjmick
03-30-2016, 04:30 PM
I don't know about phone call, but the charges obviously were ok'd by the prosecutor.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/us_politics/2016/03/fla_prosecutor_in_trump_campaign_manager_case_is_c linton_backer

Truth is, I can't begin to express how much I don't care about this race anymore. The candidates on both sides are an embarrassment to their respective parties and the whole thing feels like a long episode of The Kardashians... At least how I imagine an episode of The Kardashians might feel...

VOTE GARY JOHNSON!!

Kathianne
03-30-2016, 04:34 PM
Truth is, I can't begin to express how much I don't care about this race anymore. The candidates on both sides are an embarrassment to their respective parties and the whole thing feels like a long episode of The Kardashians... At least how I imagine an episode of The Kardashians might feel...

VOTE GARY JOHNSON!!

I plan on voting for Gary Johnson or whomever the Libertarians put on. April 1 and 8, Stossel is hosting debate between top 3 Libertarian candidates on Fox Business.