PDA

View Full Version : MY Bike

Jeff
03-30-2016, 08:23 AM
I took the tour pack off of the bike and I am trying to decide what looks better. It rides a lot better with out it on and they make quick connects to pull it on and off and even put a sissy bar on and off in seconds. The tour pack is great on long trips but it makes the bike really top heavy and not fun to ride in town, mountains ect...But the quick connect is expensive, it will wind up costing around a grand plus the price of a sissy bar to do it right and I am not sure I like the looks of the bike without it. What do y'all think?

The stock look.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8678&stc=1

The new look.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8679&stc=1

darin
03-30-2016, 08:25 AM
I like it. Much better. Sleek.

Jeff
03-30-2016, 08:30 AM

I do to Darin, looks like the Street Glide (well besides standing like 3/4 of a inch taller it is) but the ol lady is short, she can't reach the floor boards unless she wears a special pair of boots :laugh: so I am afraid the sleekness may be lost when I put the sissy bar on, the bike don't leave the driveway unless she is on the back, or so she tells me. :laugh:

fj1200
03-30-2016, 09:34 AM

Sleek is not the term I'd have used. :eek:

... the bike don't leave the driveway unless she is on the back, or so she tells me. :laugh:

Well there's your answer. :thumb:

NightTrain
03-30-2016, 09:42 AM
Pic #2 looks better from a purely aesthetic standpoint.

Man, you've got a lot of chrome on that baby! Really a beauty.

I bet the Harley guys start smiling whenever you pull up at the store - "Looks like Jeff has a few thousand more to spend!"

Jeff
03-30-2016, 05:06 PM
Pic #2 looks better from a purely aesthetic standpoint.

Man, you've got a lot of chrome on that baby! Really a beauty.

I bet the Harley guys start smiling whenever you pull up at the store - "Looks like Jeff has a few thousand more to spend!"

Be sides for the chrome on the dash that is all stock, the other bike I have is the one covered in chrome, and yes when I go to the shop it always cost. :laugh:

But thank you

Jeff
03-31-2016, 06:32 AM
Sleek is not the term I'd have used. :eek:

Yes I know you would of just said wow Motorcycle. :laugh:

Well there's your answer. :thumb:

AS for the the Ol lady riding I am going to put a sissy bar on, it wont look quite as good but still better than that heavy clumsy looking tour pack. Then they have these quick connects, I can have them on the sissy bar and tour pack, then you can change between them in seconds, they just cost !!!

glockmail
03-31-2016, 08:09 AM
If you can justify spending $ on bling, you have to be able to justify spending a little more on functionality. Especially when handling (safety) comes into play.

sundaydriver
03-31-2016, 09:33 AM
Aren't you nearing that stage in life that it's time to turn that bike into a trike? :laugh:

Jeff
04-01-2016, 07:30 AM
Aren't you nearing that stage in life that it's time to turn that bike into a trike? :laugh:

Not quite yet but close :laugh:

Honestly that is the reason I bought this bike,. hopefully I will get another 10 years or so riding it as a two wheeler but the Electa Gide is the bike if you are going to have one triked to do it with. But like I said God willing I should have at least 10 more years hopefully closer to 15. :thumb:

gabosaurus
04-01-2016, 10:25 AM
Motorhead front man Lemmy Kilmister (RIP :( ) was a dedicated biker and wrote a classic motorcycle anthem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYcrR1cAe9I

He rides a road, that don't have no end
An open highway, without any bends
Tramp and his stallion, alone in a dream
Proud in his colors, as the chromium gleams
On iron horse he flies
On iron horse he gladly dies
Iron horse his wife
Iron horse his life
He lives his life, he's living it fast
Don't try to hide, when the dice have been cast
He rides a whirlwind, that cuts to the bone