PDA

View Full Version : I'm Angry! So I'm Voting For Donald Trump.

crin63
04-01-2016, 10:32 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsHUPqhAGrk

gabosaurus
04-01-2016, 10:47 AM
:lol: That's awesome. :laugh:

jimnyc
04-01-2016, 12:13 PM
Doesn't tell an entire story though, and seems more like someone trying to mock those supporting Trump, than someone listening to those who support him and understanding why.

tailfins
04-01-2016, 12:29 PM
Doesn't tell an entire story though, and seems more like someone trying to mock those supporting Trump, than someone listening to those who support him and understanding why.

There's no doubt in my mind that's the case. I have tried to study this Trump in November thing carefully. The best argument I have heard so far presents it as using Trump as the lead pipe that busts up the left and the Democrats. With that opposition eliminated, real conservatives can come back and take back the GOP facing only a weakened Democrat party. However, there are enough angry Trumpsters to get 38% of the GOP, but that won't win a general election.

jimnyc
04-01-2016, 12:37 PM
There's no doubt in my mind that's the case. I have tried to study this Trump in November thing carefully. The best argument I have heard so far presents it as using Trump as the lead pipe that busts up the left and the Democrats. With that opposition eliminated, real conservatives can come back and take back the GOP facing only a weakened Democrat party. However, there are enough angry Trumpsters to get 38% of the GOP, but that won't win a general election.

And if so, those on this board either haven't been reading, or have comprehension issues. I've made MANY posts on MANY issues, and they hardly sound like that guy. And I know MANY more just like that, including my father & stepmother, who are hardly idiots that some want to make all Trump supporters sound like.

"Trumpsters" - "T-rump" - do you think that matters to Trump's campaign, or is it supposed to somehow bother those who support him?

I have news for you - Cruz has been DOA for quite some time, as have 15 other candidates. Sorry to burst your bubble there.

Gunny
04-01-2016, 12:48 PM
And if so, those on this board either haven't been reading, or have comprehension issues. I've made MANY posts on MANY issues, and they hardly sound like that guy. And I know MANY more just like that, including my father & stepmother, who are hardly idiots that some want to make all Trump supporters sound like.

"Trumpsters" - "T-rump" - do you think that matters to Trump's campaign, or is it supposed to somehow bother those who support him?

I have news for you - Cruz has been DOA for quite some time, as have 15 other candidates. Sorry to burst your bubble there.

TFs is correct on two things: One, Trump DOES represent people angry with DC politics. And two, as of yesterday, Trump would lose badly to Billary right now. And he's done a bang up job stepping on his own crank the last week or so because he doesn't think before he opens his mouth. And setting himself by allowing Chris Matthew -- the disgusting POS -- to interview him was a disaster.

HOWEVER, the only person I see DISPLAYING anger around here is TF. He's all over the damned place with his rhetoric. Gotten REAL old.

jimnyc
04-01-2016, 12:52 PM
TFs is correct on two things: One, Trump DOES represent people angry with DC politics. And two, as of yesterday, Trump would lose badly to Billary right now. And he's done a bang up job stepping on his own crank the last week or so because he doesn't think before he opens his mouth. And setting himself by allowing Chris Matthew -- the disgusting POS -- to interview him was a disaster.

HOWEVER, the only person I see DISPLAYING anger around here is TF. He's all over the damned place with his rhetoric. Gotten REAL old.

I don't disagree with some things, and KNOW that Trump has his faults... but watch the video, making his supporters out to be retards ain't working, not for me.

Somehow I think TF thinks he is changing minds here and somehow going to get Cruz elected through us.

Gunny
04-01-2016, 12:59 PM
I don't disagree with some things, and KNOW that Trump has his faults... but watch the video, making his supporters out to be retards ain't working, not for me.

Somehow I think TF thinks he is changing minds here and somehow going to get Cruz elected through us.

I think calling people retards doesn't work as well. Fact of the matter is though, if you disagree with someone, you think they are wrong. That's just how that is.

What I have to wonder about is how TF thinks he's the "model conservative" when he acts more like a Dem to constantly attacking people who disagree with him. I personally don't even see what the fuss is about because as it stands, the GOP is going to lose the WH, probably Congress, and the Supreme Court. And I think it's too late to fix it.

tailfins
04-01-2016, 01:03 PM

If you're willing to put your money where your mouth is, you can more than double your money now (maximum bet $850).

https://www.predictit.org/Market/1233/Who-will-win-the-2016-Republican-presidential-nomination

It's not about changing minds HERE. It's about trying different approaches and seeing what might plant seeds of doubt. Think of it as a focus group to see what works and what doesn't. I have no respect or regard whatsoever for most of the membership here. You are one of the few I do respect.

jimnyc
04-01-2016, 01:05 PM
I think calling people retards doesn't work as well. Fact of the matter is though, if you disagree with someone, you think they are wrong. That's just how that is.

What I have to wonder about is how TF thinks he's the "model conservative" when he acts more like a Dem to constantly attacking people who disagree with him. I personally don't even see what the fuss is about because as it stands, the GOP is going to lose the WH, probably Congress, and the Supreme Court. And I think it's too late to fix it.

Hell, I don't mind being told I am wrong, or that someone disagrees with me. that's kosher with me. But big difference when you simply disagree, or even passionately disagree - as opposed to trying to make fun of millions of folks, with lame rhetoric.

Beat me with facts and logic, and even if I lose, I can respect the other person. Beat me with insults and rhetoric, I'll laugh and generally reply in kind. :)

jimnyc
04-01-2016, 01:07 PM
It's not about changing minds HERE. It's about trying different approaches and seeing what might plant seeds of doubt. Think of it as a focus group to see what works and what doesn't. I have no respect or regard whatsoever for most of the membership here. You are one of the few I do respect.

Why not treat folks as individuals, and reply with that person in the manner in which they treat you? If someone is a dick, then be a dick back. If folks are generally respectful with someone, no need to post and more or less tell them they are an idiot, or less intelligent. Doing so won't plant seeds of doubt into anyone, it just irks them.

tailfins
04-01-2016, 01:12 PM
Why not treat folks as individuals, and reply with that person in the manner in which they treat you? If someone is a dick, then be a dick back. If folks are generally respectful with someone, no need to post and more or less tell them they are an idiot, or less intelligent. Doing so won't plant seeds of doubt into anyone, it just irks them.

Most of the dicks are Trump supporters!

Gunny
04-01-2016, 01:14 PM
If you're willing to put your money where your mouth is, you can more than double your money now (maximum bet $850).

https://www.predictit.org/Market/1233/Who-will-win-the-2016-Republican-presidential-nomination

You're about one of the most arrogant pricks I think I've run into in 15 years online. Got news for you Chumly, you ain't smarter than anyone else. And you're backing a guy who's going to lose if wins the nomination as well. Get off your high.

OR, you can get me wound up. I'm fed up with your insults and I'm WAY better at it than you are.

tailfins
04-01-2016, 01:20 PM
You're about one of the most arrogant pricks I think I've run into in 15 years online. Got news for you Chumly, you ain't smarter than anyone else. And you're backing a guy who's going to lose if wins the nomination as well. Get off your high.

OR, you can get me wound up. I'm fed up with your insults and I'm WAY better at it than you are.

What are you going to do? Pound your keyboard? You yourself said it's all just text on a screen. I offered to stop by if you wanted to be introduced as a human (not this cranky online waste of time). You showed no interest. How far are you from Big Bib Barbecue?

jimnyc
04-01-2016, 01:20 PM
Most of the dicks are Trump supporters!

I guess it's all in how you see things. I'm of the belief that the OVERWHELMING MAJORITY of attacks that I have seen, here at the board, have been from folks going after those who support Trump. Sorry, proof is in the pudding.

tailfins
04-01-2016, 01:22 PM
I guess it's all in how you see things. I'm of the belief that the OVERWHELMING MAJORITY of attacks that I have seen, here at the board, have been from folks going after those who support Trump. Sorry, proof is in the pudding.

They started it way before Trump came on the scene. It just happens to be a common denominator.

Gunny
04-01-2016, 01:25 PM
What are you going to do? Pound your keyboard? You yourself said it's all just text on a screen. I offered to stop by if you wanted to be introduced as a human (not this cranky online waste of time). You showed no interest. How far are you from Big Bib Barbecue?

Bubba, you can stop by anytime you like. I got a front yard. And a back one. I'd be more than happy to introduce you to some manners. Be easier if you'd just grow up and learn some on your own.

jimnyc
04-01-2016, 01:33 PM
They started it way before Trump came on the scene. It just happens to be a common denominator.

I wasn't necessarily referring to personal issues between various members specifically. I was speaking of the treatment of folks and harsher comments than usual, that have been spurred by who is supporting who, and how others feel about the support.

Gunny
04-01-2016, 01:34 PM

I've seen it swing both ways. What I have noticed without being able to actually look at numbers is the board has slowed considerably and some people are missing or rarely here anymore and IMO, this Trump-anti-Trump squabble is the reason.

You and I got into it over your Trump threads a few months back, but I don't like the anti-Trump crap any more. I get sick of hearing it. It's worse no that apparently the leftwingnut MSM war machine has him in their sights, and Cruz has decided to flip-flop on the "I'm not getting personal" schtick he had.

tailfins
04-01-2016, 01:42 PM
Bubba, you can stop by anytime you like. I got a front yard. And a back one. I'd be more than happy to introduce you to some manners. Be easier if you'd just grow up and learn some on your own.

Manners take effort. Effort must be allocated efficiently and effectively. Speaking of that, where's YOUR manners? By the way, I do fine with people I have something in common with. That would most likely have something to do with chess, collectible coins or collectible automobiles.

DLT
04-01-2016, 01:47 PM

You should see how many Trump supporters are mocking Cruz supporters....viciously (like at Free Republic). If you could see what I'm seeing, maybe you would understand the anger against the Trump camp currently.

Bottom line is....if we continue to allow ourselves to be divided over this Trump vs. Cruz issue...

we WILL lose and we WILL fall.

Trump and Cruz need to come to together to save the nation. But it doesn't look to me like that's even possible now.

Gunny
04-01-2016, 01:55 PM
You should see how many Trump supporters are mocking Cruz supporters....viciously (like at Free Republic). If you could see what I'm seeing, maybe you would understand the anger against the Trump camp currently.

Bottom line is....if we continue to allow ourselves to be divided over this Trump vs. Cruz issue...

Trump and Cruz need to come to together to save the nation. But it doesn't look to me like that's even possible now.

I think that bridge has burned, don't you? Trump couldn't quit attacking the other GOP candidates until Cruz finally had enough.

I want to win. I'm a freakin' Marine. I don't go into a fight to lose it. And you can call me Cam Newton -- I HATE to lose. So far, the GOP has botched this up as nicely as 08 and 12. This is a 3-peat. Neither Trump nor Cruz can win -- that is at this point in time according to the polls.

Now if the FBI and Justice Dept do their jobs like they're supposed to *cough cough*, there wouldn't be a Hillary and THAT would change the dynamics greatly.

The problem though, as I pointed out in 08 and 12, and started pointed out this time around is the GOP has no leadership and they've allowed far too many people to run amuck destroying each other instead of going after the enemy. I could find a Lance Corporal that could come up with a better strategy and tactics.

DLT
04-01-2016, 02:02 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsHUPqhAGrk

I realize that the video is a tongue-in-cheek critique of Trump and his "stances"....but when you take a step back and analyze all of the things mentioned in the video, it presents a rather surreal picture of how bizarre this primary year has been and how, in true "truth is stranger than fiction" fashion, this candidate Donald Trump is probably THE worst presidential candidate in the history of this great nation. And that criteria faces a LOT of competition for that title.

I'm still finding it hard to believe that he could still even be in the race, much less winning (supposedly).

jimnyc
04-01-2016, 02:22 PM
I've seen it swing both ways. What I have noticed without being able to actually look at numbers is the board has slowed considerably and some people are missing or rarely here anymore and IMO, this Trump-anti-Trump squabble is the reason.

You and I got into it over your Trump threads a few months back, but I don't like the anti-Trump crap any more. I get sick of hearing it. It's worse no that apparently the leftwingnut MSM war machine has him in their sights, and Cruz has decided to flip-flop on the "I'm not getting personal" schtick he had.

It does go both ways, I just pointed to what I see as the majority. You and I had zero issue discussing anything, other than when I felt you were belittling me. Wrong or right, outside of that I have no problem discussing the issues with you, we've been fine.

jimnyc
04-01-2016, 02:25 PM

I haven't been over there. But why be angry at the "Trump camp" and take it out on others that aren't doing so to you? I know I don't want to have anger directed my way because Trump supporters elsewhere are being idiots. ALL candidates are going to have idiotic supporters. I simply treat those directly in front of me, how that person treats me. No one has ever been respectful to me and had their hand bitten, not once in 13 years.

I agree with the unity, and it doesn't matter who gets the nod, without unity it goes to Hillary.

jimnyc
04-01-2016, 02:27 PM
Manners take effort. Effort must be allocated efficiently and effectively. Speaking of that, where's YOUR manners? By the way, I do fine with people I have something in common with. That would most likely have something to do with chess, collectible coins or collectible automobiles.

Manners take no effort whatsoever - if someone has them and uses them to begin with, then it's just posting as usual. I think being in personal feuds is what takes effort, and it's draining.

Gunny
04-01-2016, 02:31 PM
I realize that the video is a tongue-in-cheek critique of Trump and his "stances"....but when you take a step back and analyze all of the things mentioned in the video, it presents a rather surreal picture of how bizarre this primary year has been and how, in true "truth is stranger than fiction" fashion, this candidate Donald Trump is probably THE worst presidential candidate in the history of this great nation. And that criteria faces a LOT of competition for that title.

I'm still finding it hard to believe that he could still even be in the race, much less winning (supposedly).

He's by FAR not the worst.

James Buchanan could have done something to stave off Civil War, and he did nothing.

Lincoln used the Constitution to wipe his butt almost in the same way Obama has. At least Lincoln was an idealist.

Grant had one of the most corrupt governments in our history.

Wilson was our first commie President looking to create some NWO.

FDR created all these handout programs that are killing our economy now.

Truman took the wars away from the people that fight them and are trained to fight them and turned them into political quagmires.

Jimmy Carter didn't know his a$$ from a hole in the ground.

Clinton just about killed us militarily, not to mention letting bin Laden go and buddying up with Saudi's.

Then there was McLame. That's when the MSM got to start choosing GOP candidates.

Trump is "just another". The media has used him, same as they're using Cruz and Kasich by propping them up long enough to ensure the GOP has a loser. And in all this, the GOP is itself to blame.

crin63
04-01-2016, 03:55 PM
I thought the video was clever and done well. Does it mock Trump supporters? Yes it does! I have not seen any actual substance as to why they support Trump other than anger. I have read a lot of opinions and views from people I greatly respect that support Trump all over and there are no substantive answers except anger. Just blow it all up and start over. All the things they accept in Trump would be disqualifiers in any other candidate. So I don't get it.

I don't think in any way that the Trump supporters that I have participated with on here over the years are idiots. I know better than that, which is why I came on here to try and get some understanding of their positions. I will allow for some exceptions though in the newer people on here.

I do not understand how any of you can possibly support Trump and apparently I never will. This has really come down to a bare-knuckles brawl that is going to leave the Republican Party shredded and damaged. Personally, I think this is the last election with a large Republican Party if Trump wins. 90% of the Conservatives I know in my circle of friends will not vote for Trump in November. They cannot pillow their heads in good conscience voting for Trump. Myself included.

DLT
04-01-2016, 03:58 PM
He's by FAR not the worst.

James Buchanan could have done something to stave off Civil War, and he did nothing.

Lincoln used the Constitution to wipe his butt almost in the same way Obama has. At least Lincoln was an idealist.

Grant had one of the most corrupt governments in our history.

Wilson was our first commie President looking to create some NWO.

FDR created all these handout programs that are killing our economy now.

Truman took the wars away from the people that fight them and are trained to fight them and turned them into political quagmires.

Jimmy Carter didn't know his a$$ from a hole in the ground.

Clinton just about killed us militarily, not to mention letting bin Laden go and buddying up with Saudi's.

Then there was McLame. That's when the MSM got to start choosing GOP candidates.

Trump is "just another". The media has used him, same as they're using Cruz and Kasich by propping them up long enough to ensure the GOP has a loser. And in all this, the GOP is itself to blame.

Point taken.

DLT
04-01-2016, 04:00 PM
I haven't been over there. But why be angry at the "Trump camp" and take it out on others that aren't doing so to you? I know I don't want to have anger directed my way because Trump supporters elsewhere are being idiots. ALL candidates are going to have idiotic supporters. I simply treat those directly in front of me, how that person treats me. No one has ever been respectful to me and had their hand bitten, not once in 13 years.

I agree with the unity, and it doesn't matter who gets the nod, without unity it goes to Hillary.

Yeah, I probably have reacted in anger a few times due to attacks received elsewhere. And for that I apologize. I agree with your assessment, also.

jimnyc
04-01-2016, 04:00 PM
I thought the video was clever and done well. Does it mock Trump supporters? Yes it does! I have not seen any actual substance as to why they support Trump other than anger. I have read a lot of opinions and views from people I greatly respect that support Trump all over and there are no substantive answers except anger. Just blow it all up and start over. All the things they accept in Trump would be disqualifiers in any other candidate. So I don't get it.

I don't think in any way that the Trump supporters that I have participated with on here over the years are idiots. I know better than that, which is why I came on here to try and get some understanding of their positions. I will allow for some exceptions though in the newer people on here.

I do not understand how any of you can possibly support Trump and apparently I never will. This has really come down to a bare-knuckles brawl that is going to leave the Republican Party shredded and damaged. Personally, I think this is the last election with a large Republican Party if Trump wins. 90% of the Conservatives I know in my circle of friends will not vote for Trump in November. They cannot pillow their heads in good conscience voting for Trump. Myself included.

Search via my username in the political election 2016 section. Outside of petty stuff, I've voiced quite a few times why I am a Trump supporter. Even if folks disagree with my reasons for liking him, which is for MANY issues, I wouldn't think they would instantly see me as a reactionary dolt voting 100% off of uninformed emotion - which is what is implied all of the time, but doesn't nearly, nor fairly, come close to explaining my support.

jimnyc
04-01-2016, 04:02 PM
Yeah, I probably have reacted in anger a few times due to attacks received elsewhere. And for that I apologize. I agree with your assessment, also.

Apology accepted but honestly wasn't needed. :)

DLT
04-01-2016, 04:04 PM
I think that bridge has burned, don't you? Trump couldn't quit attacking the other GOP candidates until Cruz finally had enough.

I want to win. I'm a freakin' Marine. I don't go into a fight to lose it. And you can call me Cam Newton -- I HATE to lose. So far, the GOP has botched this up as nicely as 08 and 12. This is a 3-peat. Neither Trump nor Cruz can win -- that is at this point in time according to the polls.

Now if the FBI and Justice Dept do their jobs like they're supposed to *cough cough*, there wouldn't be a Hillary and THAT would change the dynamics greatly.

The problem though, as I pointed out in 08 and 12, and started pointed out this time around is the GOP has no leadership and they've allowed far too many people to run amuck destroying each other instead of going after the enemy. I could find a Lance Corporal that could come up with a better strategy and tactics.

I'm afraid you are spot-on right there. I hate to lose too, and with the entire future and freedom of our nation at stake, it's no wonder that things have gotten so nasty....even moreso than in previous primary and election years.

The ahole globalists pulling those strings behind the scenes (to divide and conquer/defeat us from within) really need to be 'dealt with', or we are quite literally toast as a free nation. I'm just wondering if there is an elite group out there that might be considering it. Hope springs.

Gunny
04-01-2016, 04:08 PM

We all have. Just depends on the person. I have a military sense of humor and will mock anything and am sarcastic as Hell. I think a lot of it has to do with people recognizing others' personalities. What no one addresses is --disclaimer: no offense to Trump supporters -- that the anger Trump supporters feel toward the GOP, the people who don't like Trump are just just as angry. We just don't see him as the answer.

PixieStix
04-01-2016, 04:11 PM
Search via my username in the political election 2016 section. Outside of petty stuff, I've voiced quite a few times why I am a Trump supporter. Even if folks disagree with my reasons for liking him, which is for MANY issues, I wouldn't think they would instantly see me as a reactionary dolt voting 100% off of uninformed emotion - which is what is implied all of the time, but doesn't nearly, nor fairly, come close to explaining my support.

I once would have voted for Cruz if he won the nomination. But have since been referred to as "low information voters that are not engaged." So yeah, no I will never vote Cruz. Just the other day he said that Trump supporters would support him if he got the nomination. What I say to that is,

WRONG!

Gunny
04-01-2016, 04:23 PM
I once would have voted for Cruz if he won the nomination. But have since been referred to as "low information voters that are not engaged." So yeah, no I will never vote Cruz. Just the other day he said that Trump supporters would support him if he got the nomination. What I say to that is,

WRONG!

Other side of the coin: Trump assumes the same thing. He was going to suck up all the votes/delegates the drop-outs left behind. Such has not been the case. And I'll put it to you this way ... Cruz is actually a good politician. Trump, not so much. EITHER is better than the Dems winning. I don't give a damn at this point WHO the candidate is. I'm voting against the Dems.

Look at what's at stake: For one, the Dems get the WH. That assures a majority leftnut in the Supreme Court and we'll probably lose Congress as well. THAT is more important than any one individual's petty little likes and dislikes over who the GOP candidate is.

PixieStix
04-01-2016, 04:37 PM
Other side of the coin: Trump assumes the same thing. He was going to suck up all the votes/delegates the drop-outs left behind. Such has not been the case. And I'll put it to you this way ... Cruz is actually a good politician. Trump, not so much. EITHER is better than the Dems winning. I don't give a damn at this point WHO the candidate is. I'm voting against the Dems.

Look at what's at stake: For one, the Dems get the WH. That assures a majority leftnut in the Supreme Court and we'll probably lose Congress as well. THAT is more important than any one individual's petty little likes and dislikes over who the GOP candidate is.

Exactly, Cruz is a politician. He will do anything to stay one. Trump assumes no such thing. He understands he could lose. He is beholden to no lobbyists not any group of people that are pushing globalism....AKA the new world order.

I am aware of what is at stake. I am sick of the GOP trodding out the candidates that they choose,we stay loyal to them vote for their pick and still we lose to Obama. Loyalty goes both ways.

He is giving up his life to run for President because I believe he truly loves America. Ted Cruz likes to tell us all how great he is in biblical and constitutional understanding. And yet he wants to put surveillance on muslim communities. THAT by itself is unconstitutional. Don't let them in our country in the first place

Gunny
04-01-2016, 05:46 PM
Exactly, Cruz is a politician. He will do anything to stay one. Trump assumes no such thing. He understands he could lose. He is beholden to no lobbyists not any group of people that are pushing globalism....AKA the new world order.

I am aware of what is at stake. I am sick of the GOP trodding out the candidates that they choose,we stay loyal to them vote for their pick and still we lose to Obama. Loyalty goes both ways.

He is giving up his life to run for President because I believe he truly loves America. Ted Cruz likes to tell us all how great he is in biblical and constitutional understanding. And yet he wants to put surveillance on muslim communities. THAT by itself is unconstitutional. Don't let them in our country in the first place

Trump is out to win. Doesn't matter what it's at. I'd prefer a politician. Someone who has some vested interest in politics instead of just another feather in his cap.

You cane be as sick as you want. If anyone thinks I'm not as pissed about the way things are as they are, they can think again. I'm looking at what's at stake. You can be sick all you want. While you watch this country and the Constitution swirl around the toilet bowl under the Dems.

A herd of cats ain't going to win an election.

Elessar
04-01-2016, 07:04 PM

You hide behind a screen...HIDE!

..and threaten anyone who calls you out, or states the fact you are a coward with a lawsuit.

Let me tell You, internet pussy...it is all in black and white and on record.

All it takes to refute your horseshit is ask the Owner or Admin to admit your pussy
crap as evidence.

tailfins
04-01-2016, 07:09 PM
You hide behind a screen...HIDE!

..and threaten anyone who calls you out, or states the fact you are a coward with a lawsuit.

Let me tell You, internet pussy...it is all in black and white and on record.

All it takes to refute your horseshit is ask the Owner or Admin to admit your pussy
crap as evidence.

The only crap is you throwing your own fecal matter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uW-dsHbuTMw&list=PL91F70FF9895728FD

Elessar
04-01-2016, 07:16 PM

That reply is not clever, nor is it original.

Someone above said...GROW UP.

You don't like insults or challenges? Then don't issue them.

You sound like a punk bully kid who hides behind mommy's apron
when someone calls him out.

pete311
04-01-2016, 10:34 PM
Apology accepted but honestly wasn't needed. :)

I despise Trump, but I adore your avatar. That is what we need more of. Channel that.

DLT
04-01-2016, 10:41 PM
We all have. Just depends on the person. I have a military sense of humor and will mock anything and am sarcastic as Hell. I think a lot of it has to do with people recognizing others' personalities. What no one addresses is --disclaimer: no offense to Trump supporters -- that the anger Trump supporters feel toward the GOP, the people who don't like Trump are just just as angry. We just don't see him as the answer.

Exactly!

Abbey Marie
04-01-2016, 11:30 PM

It's not just Cruz, and not just by Trump supporters. I'm not sure you were around, but there was some pretty frequent mocking of Rubio here while he was still viable. I find mockery to be just about the lowest form of behavior, and it totally turned me off.

jimnyc
04-02-2016, 06:03 AM
It's not just Cruz, and not just by Trump supporters. I'm not sure you were around, but there was some pretty frequent mocking of Rubio here while he was still viable. I find mockery to be just about the lowest form of behavior, and it totally turned me off.

That's a little different though, I don't mind a candidate themselves being mocked, even if Trump. I did a little myself towards Rubio, Cruz and Christie at one point I think. I'd hate to think we shouldn't hit them sometimes, then when we do so to the Dem candidates we would be labeled hypocrites. Because I know for sure that I plan on unloading on Hillary as she and the (R) nominee get into it after the conventions!!

jimnyc
04-02-2016, 06:09 AM
I despise Trump, but I adore your avatar. That is what we need more of. Channel that.

I wish I could, Pete, I wish I could, all of the time. I LOVE animals, all of them ('cept them 8 legged evil hairy little things). And to see them interacting and doing what us humans appear incapable of doing? That's awesome!

I try and channel it sometimes. Unfortunately, or fortunately for those animals, they are blind to the crap that us humans see in the "civilized" world on a daily basis which turns us sour.

jimnyc
04-02-2016, 06:14 AM

Exactly!

I wish everyone would FULLY remember this daily. Sure, we may have preferences at this point - but looking to November, I think we ALL have the same goal. I don't see any of the politicians as the answer either. I don't even know if Trump is. What I do know, for a FACT, based on history - is that Hillary is not only NOT the answer, but she will be worse, IMO.

We all need to temper the anger for our candidates and not hate on one another to the point that it can't be brought back together after the convention. As someone pointed out last week, Carter had a MONSTER lead on Reagan at one point. The GOP is going in one direction right now, based on delegates, voters, pundits, news... everyone is fighting in different directions. I'm hoping with hope, that down the road the majority of those folks come back full circle in the name of winning the election and keeping Hillary out of office.

Jeff
04-02-2016, 07:35 AM
All will be good when y'all join the,

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8695&stc=1

Abbey Marie
04-02-2016, 10:52 AM
That's a little different though, I don't mind a candidate themselves being mocked, even if Trump. I did a little myself towards Rubio, Cruz and Christie at one point I think. I'd hate to think we shouldn't hit them sometimes, then when we do so to the Dem candidates we would be labeled hypocrites. Because I know for sure that I plan on unloading on Hillary as she and the (R) nominee get into it after the conventions!!

I understand your point; it's definitely worse to be personally ridiculed for your choice. But it's still not cool to see your candidate mocked over and over, especially in extremely juvenile ways. I can only speak for myself, of course.

I would say that when Gabby ridicules a Republican candidate, it doesn't bother me, as it is expected from a Dem. It's when fellow Republicans do it that it rankles. And then only if it seems relentless. So I guess I don't see going after the opposing party's candidate as hypocritical either way.

jimnyc
04-02-2016, 11:12 AM
I understand your point; it's definitely worse to be personally ridiculed for your choice. But it's still not cool to see your candidate mocked over and over, especially in extremely juvenile ways. I can only speak for myself, of course.

I would say that when Gabby ridicules a Republican candidate, it doesn't bother me, as it is expected from a Dem. It's when fellow Republicans do it that it rankles. And then only if it seems relentless. So I guess I don't see going after the opposing party's candidate as hypocritical either way.

Regardless of any political affiliation, I won't support her just because it's expected. Generally speaking, being respectful and decent with other folks is expected as well. I know that's another entire story, but I wanted to comment on that.

I suppose anyone is going to be agitated if someone they support is continually and pretty much to no end being called names, and mostly juvenile stuff. The same is happening with Trump with the various Trump names given out about his name over and over and over. It's not going to go over well no matter who it is doing it. But I agree with you.

But even more so I think it sucks when it's someone personally being ridiculed or demeaned in some fashion over their choice. Sometimes it's by being lumped into a large group and sometimes directly, but either way it sucks. But I would rather see the "T-rump" or being called a "Trumpie" or whatever the weird name of the week is, instead of being belittled or having it implied that one is less intelligent or some sort of hillbilly. :)

http://flutterinn.com/hillbilly.gif

tailfins
04-02-2016, 11:15 AM
Regardless of any political affiliation, I won't support her just because it's expected. Generally speaking, being respectful and decent with other folks is expected as well. I know that's another entire story, but I wanted to comment on that.

I suppose anyone is going to be agitated if someone they support is continually and pretty much to no end being called names, and mostly juvenile stuff. The same is happening with Trump with the various Trump names given out about his name over and over and over. It's not going to go over well no matter who it is doing it. But I agree with you.

But even more so I think it sucks when it's someone personally being ridiculed or demeaned in some fashion over their choice. Sometimes it's by being lumped into a large group and sometimes directly, but either way it sucks. But I would rather see the "T-rump" or being called a "Trumpie" or whatever the weird name of the week is, instead of being belittled or having it implied that one is less intelligent or some sort of hillbilly. :)

http://flutterinn.com/hillbilly.gif

How about Trumpanzee ? Just asking. All snark aside, I changed my signature to only ridicule Trump since GOP nominee Ted Cruz will need Trump voters in November.

Gunny
04-02-2016, 01:07 PM

Fact is, Abs, TF's arrogance and intolerance would have me peg him as a Dem/leftwingnut. He displays their traits more than any conservatives I know.

tailfins
04-02-2016, 01:18 PM
Fact is, Abs, TF's arrogance and intolerance would have me peg him as a Dem/leftwingnut. He displays their traits more than any conservatives I know.

Your peg is defective and needs replaced.

Gunny
04-02-2016, 01:27 PM
Your peg is defective and needs replaced.

Not even close. You're as narrow-minded and intolerant as anyone I've seen where politics are concerned. And you act like a Dem. Anyone that disagrees with you is on your smear campaign list. And you can't even agree with someone who is for the same candidate you are because that person (me) doesn't like your condescending, acting like a lifetwingnut tactics.

As a matter of fact, you act on this board towards those that disagree with you the same way Trump has acted throughout this campaign towards anyone that disagreed with him or perceived as a threat. So who EXACTLY is it you're voting for?

gabosaurus
04-02-2016, 07:49 PM
Everyone get on board the Trump Train! Still room for more passengers!

http://imgur.com/dHoshAJ.gif

tailfins
04-02-2016, 08:01 PM
Everyone get on board the Trump Train! Still room for more passengers!

http://imgur.com/dHoshAJ.gif

You lefties are going to be laughing out of the wrong corner of your mouth if you succeed in helping derail Trump from the nomination.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-02-2016, 09:53 PM

Coming around the bend
I ain't seen no sunshine
since I don't know when
Trump train is a rollin' on down tha track
He is the stone cold avenger,
The tough bastard thats got our back. ;)

Tickets please, nobody rides for free
This aint no damn dem give away party
or corrupt obama-nation dance amigo's....:laugh:

Jeff, got tickets on sale --for a buck, four ninety five. ;)---Tyr

Black Diamond
04-02-2016, 10:19 PM

Vote early and often.

gabosaurus
04-02-2016, 11:48 PM
There's supposed to be a companion piece called "Hillary Clinton Blues," set to the tune of "Folsom Prison Blues."
Haven't heard the song, but someone sent my husband some of the lyrics. Perhaps Jim and Jeff can get together for a video shoot. :cool:

I hear the Trump train comin'
It's rollin' 'round the bend,
And I ain't seen the sunshine
Since, I don't know when
I'm stuck in Federal Prison
And time keeps draggin' on
But the Trump train keeps a-rollin'
On down to Cleveland town

When I was just a baby
My Mama told me "Hun,
Always be a good girl
Don't lie to anyone,"
But I messed round with my server
I didn't really care
Now I hear that whistle blowin'
I still don't think it's fair

Gunny
04-03-2016, 03:30 AM
There's supposed to be a companion piece called "Hillary Clinton Blues," set to the tune of "Folsom Prison Blues."
Haven't heard the song, but someone sent my husband some of the lyrics. Perhaps Jim and Jeff can get together for a video shoot. :cool:

I hear the Trump train comin'
It's rollin' 'round the bend,
And I ain't seen the sunshine
Since, I don't know when
I'm stuck in Federal Prison
And time keeps draggin' on
But the Trump train keeps a-rollin'
On down to Cleveland town

When I was just a baby
My Mama told me "Hun,
Always be a good girl
Don't lie to anyone,"
But I messed round with my server
I didn't really care
Now I hear that whistle blowin'
I still don't think it's fair

You're being a pest. Tell me, how come it is that for the 30-odd post I've made about the CLEAR violations of US Code Titles 17, 19, and 21 as they pertain to classified material and YOUR front-runner is in CLEAR violation of the law, not a single peep from you? Had a Marine E-4 pulled that crap he'd be buried so far under Ft Leavenworth you'd need an oil drilling rig to find him.

namvet
04-03-2016, 01:58 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9tcswoomvM&feature=youtu.be

Gunny
04-03-2016, 02:15 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uW-dsHbuTMw&list=PL91F70FF9895728FD

Gee, what a clever comeback. fuckwit. Thought you were smarter than the rest of us and don't respect us??? My 2nd grade granddaughter could have come up with a better response than that one.:cuckoo:

Bilgerat
04-03-2016, 02:45 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9tcswoomvM&feature=youtu.be

And this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTbkbH3x7LQ

namvet
04-03-2016, 03:41 PM
And this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTbkbH3x7LQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KU_Jdts5rL0

http://oi43.tinypic.com/b4sqky.jpg