PDA

View Full Version : I love my internet!

jimnyc
04-01-2016, 02:45 PM
Been in Jersey since Monday morning. I stayed at a hotel, and their wifi was horrible. It was free, so I couldn't ask for my money back. I couldn't barely even load pages. My sisters house has internet, but no computer worthy of even hitting the power button. Also wifi password protected and I was too lazy to find out what it was. I was stuck using my damn cell phone to attempt to read things. I've barely seen the news since Monday! I was able to use the Facebook app a little easier, but even that required my reading glasses which I left everywhere and had to always go figure out what I did with them.

The hotel also had a business area with 3 fairly new computers. One by one I powered all 3 of them on. All of them seemed to be going through the very final stages of installation. WTF? Then a message pops up telling me the copy of Windows 7 was basically pirated. Then when I did figure out how to get the damn thing to work... They had the mice built into the keyboards. One was dead altogether. One had the ability to only move in one direction, about an inch back and forth. It was right about there where I kinda flipped the bird at them and walked away.

I hugged my computer when I got home. Then I hugged my cable modem. :)

tailfins
04-01-2016, 02:49 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aedQTMSCkqY

jimnyc
04-01-2016, 02:57 PM
Oh hell no! I always lift the sheets and check at the corners of the mattresses to check for them, even in the cleanest of looking places.

DLT
04-01-2016, 03:16 PM
Been in Jersey since Monday morning. I stayed at a hotel, and their wifi was horrible. It was free, so I couldn't ask for my money back. I couldn't barely even load pages. My sisters house has internet, but no computer worthy of even hitting the power button. Also wifi password protected and I was too lazy to find out what it was. I was stuck using my damn cell phone to attempt to read things. I've barely seen the news since Monday! I was able to use the Facebook app a little easier, but even that required my reading glasses which I left everywhere and had to always go figure out what I did with them.

The hotel also had a business area with 3 fairly new computers. One by one I powered all 3 of them on. All of them seemed to be going through the very final stages of installation. WTF? Then a message pops up telling me the copy of Windows 7 was basically pirated. Then when I did figure out how to get the damn thing to work... They had the mice built into the keyboards. One was dead altogether. One had the ability to only move in one direction, about an inch back and forth. It was right about there where I kinda flipped the bird at them and walked away.

I hugged my computer when I got home. Then I hugged my cable modem. :)

There's no place like home. But you know, I have to ask. Was it a Trump hotel? (ooops!)

:laugh:

jimnyc
04-01-2016, 03:19 PM
There's no place like home. But you know, I have to ask. Was it a Trump hotel? (ooops!)

:laugh:

Not to name names - but the place starts with a M and ends with the double TT's, and there's an "arrio" in between.

And they usually fold the small towels and leave it on the bed looking like a tiny elephant, and leave a small square of chocolate. Nope, not this time. :(