PDA

View Full Version : Why context matters

darin
04-03-2016, 06:17 AM
Today's church finds the partial picture and creates doctrine off of out of conext scripture, so...this means Jesus is gay.

darin
04-03-2016, 06:18 AM
When god-seekers pull back the non-biblical traditional church law they see the whole picture

Gunny
04-03-2016, 06:38 AM
Today's church finds the partial picture and creates doctrine off of out of conext scripture, so...this means Jesus is gay.

Out of context you could also call him a whore-monger what with Mary Magdaleine hanging n his robes. Is there a point? This sounds like a slam Trump thread only you found someone better to slam.

darin
04-03-2016, 07:11 AM
if making a point about religion using an example of out-of-context scripture is "slamming" somebody, from your pov, we'd have nothing more to talk about. Your paradigm is foreign and i cant possibly understand how you received the message you did.

Gunny
04-03-2016, 07:54 AM
if making a point about religion using an example of out-of-context scripture is "slamming" somebody, from your pov, we'd have nothing more to talk about. Your paradigm is foreign and i cant possibly understand how you received the message you did.

Was pretty simple. Thread title. Context. You can make anyone or anything into something it isn't if you make up your own context.

If you want to have this discussion on an open forum we can, or we can stop it here. I've lived every moment of human betrayal you have. Got the t-shirt. And we ain't lonely in the boat. But you have, since that time, been scapegoating Christianity. How about just blaming the person that did the crap instead? Humans are weak, and our society has made it all too easy to be weaker and make excuses. No. You destroyed my family. God may forgive you but I don't.

Put the blame where it belongs.

darin
04-03-2016, 08:18 AM
I didnt do anything to try convince anyone of anything by doing anything out of context. I suspect we are not viewing the same thread. You are talking of personal betrayal, and i want people to think about stopping their religious crusades against or for something based on other-than-biblical reasoning.