PDA

View Full Version : A Beating

Perianne
04-04-2016, 02:47 PM
When I was a young girl, I got called names often. I grew up hating name-calling. My beloved husband (RIP) learned early in our marriage that no matter how upset he got with me, he had better not do any name-calling.

I met a new feller at the first of this year. We had enjoyed a good relationship. He got what he wanted and in a different way so did I. Things were good.

Last week, he found out about something in my past and he called me a nasty name. He took offense to my response.

Afterwards I was sore and black and blue. I knew from how I had responded that I was gonna get a beating, but I chose to stand my ground and NOT take any crap from him, choosing to give as good as I got. I would rather lose the confrontation than to allow any man show me such disrespect.

My plan was that in the long run he would learn the lesson that it is not wise to show me disrespect, as I am willing to suffer a beating rather than let him do or say whatever he feels like. If a man calls me a nasty, disrespectful name, two things will happen: (1) I will respond in a manner he is not expecting, and (2) he won’t be enjoying my body for a while. So, the wisest thing is don’t call me names. It will cause me to be unhappy and neither of us will win. It is always better for him to behave as I want him to.

This week I replaced that situation with the Republican situation. As I felt disrespected and was not gonna take it, so does the RNC and is not gonna take it. I chose to take a physical beating. They choose to take a beating in the ballot box. The elites are taking offense that the people have chosen someone other than the candidate they want. They apparently have decided they would rather take a beating at the polls than to suffer the disrespect of the voters choosing someone other than their choice. Perhaps they are looking to teach the base a lesson.

As it turned out, my feller decided to leave me. He said I was poison to any relationship, much like the RNC feels their base is poison to their future as a major political party. I felt that his leaving me was no big loss as I can find a new feller the next day if I so choose.

My relationship with my feller was very similar to the RNC's relationship to their base of voters.

Gunny
04-04-2016, 03:09 PM
When I was a young girl, I got called names often. I grew up hating name-calling. My beloved husband (RIP) learned early in our marriage that no matter how upset he got with me, he had better not do any name-calling.

I met a new feller at the first of this year. We had enjoyed a good relationship. He got what he wanted and in a different way so did I. Things were good.

Last week, he found out about something in my past and he called me a nasty name. He took offense to my response.

Afterwards I was sore and black and blue. I knew from how I had responded that I was gonna get a beating, but I chose to stand my ground and NOT take any crap from him, choosing to give as good as I got. I would rather lose the confrontation than to allow any man show me such disrespect.

My plan was that in the long run he would learn the lesson that it is not wise to show me disrespect, as I am willing to suffer a beating rather than let him do or say whatever he feels like. If a man calls me a nasty, disrespectful name, two things will happen: (1) I will respond in a manner he is not expecting, and (2) he won’t be enjoying my body for a while. So, the wisest thing is don’t call me names. It will cause me to be unhappy and neither of us will win. It is always better for him to behave as I want him to.

This week I replaced that situation with the Republican situation. As I felt disrespected and was not gonna take it, so does the RNC and is not gonna take it. I chose to take a physical beating. They choose to take a beating in the ballot box. The elites are taking offense that the people have chosen someone other than the candidate they want. They apparently have decided they would rather take a beating at the polls than to suffer the disrespect of the voters choosing someone other than their choice. Perhaps they are looking to teach the base a lesson.

As it turned out, my feller decided to leave me. He said I was poison to any relationship, much like the RNC feels their base is poison to their future as a major political party. I felt that his leaving me was no big loss as I can find a new feller the next day if I so choose.

My relationship with my feller was very similar to the RNC's relationship to their base of voters.

Are you nuts, or what? Why would you want to be with someone that was going to abuse you? Taking a beating doesn't teach anyone anything except that they can beat you. And losing it because someone calls you a name went out in high school. Geez Louise ... if I lost it every time I got called a name I'd be doing life without parole. :laugh:

And no, your paradigm is NOT the same. You have only two choices where voting is concerned unless you want to just spit into the wind and toss your vote away. You have plenty of choices where guys are concerned and it doesn't require getting a herd of cats to vote to find one.

NightTrain
04-04-2016, 03:12 PM
I certainly hope you called the cops on his loser ass!

Nothing enrages me faster than some punk beating on a woman. They're cowards against men, but real tough when it's a woman.

jimnyc
04-04-2016, 03:12 PM
Hey, Peri, great to see you!! :bighug:

DLT
04-04-2016, 03:13 PM

Ehhhh.....getting called a name in the heat of a spat/fight is one thing. I have always been able to play 'that game' back better. But any man that lifted a finger against me would wake up (he has to sleep some time) in a whole 'new' world, if you know what I mean.

Gunny
04-04-2016, 03:25 PM
Ehhhh.....getting called a name in the heat of a spat/fight is one thing. I have always been able to play 'that game' back better. But any man that lifted a finger against me would wake up (he has to sleep some time) in a whole 'new' world, if you know what I mean.

Okay, THAT cracked me up. :laugh2:

tailfins
04-04-2016, 03:52 PM

In Brazil that's what boiling water is for ... right in the face.

Bilgerat
04-04-2016, 04:03 PM

Nothing enrages me faster than some punk beating on a woman. They're cowards against men, but real tough when it's a woman.

On Target

Gunny
04-04-2016, 04:10 PM
In Brazil that's what boiling water is for ... right in the face.

I was thinking of that idiot in NoVA -- Bobbitt -- whose wife "bobbed it". :laugh2:

Perianne
04-04-2016, 04:33 PM

I sorta started it. He called me a whore. I then acted as if it hurt my feelings. I put on a sad face (near tears), walked up to him as if I needed a hug or a kiss, and brought my upside-down fist right up into his balls. He then slapped me across the face. In return I punched him in his mouth, covered my face, and took the beating.

I have had violent relationships and this was not the first time I have taken a beating. After a few days the pain and bruises go away. My deceased husband taught me how to fight and how to protect myself. He was often quite proud of the way I could punch. Just because someone is little doesn't mean she can't bloody your nose or mouth. Of course I knew I couldn't win against my feller as he is a foot taller and probably a hundred pounds heavier.

I wish men wouldn't call me names and hit me, but I gravitate towards the ones who will.

Kathianne
04-04-2016, 04:54 PM
Probably a good idea you didn't call the police.

Are you dependent on this man? If not, why call him 'my feller,' when you should call someone that would speak to you that way, 'history?' You're a nurse, quite capable of depending on yourself.

Perianne
04-04-2016, 05:00 PM
Probably a good idea you didn't call the police.

Are you dependent on this man? If not, why call him 'my feller,' when you should call someone that would speak to you that way, 'history?' You're a nurse, quite capable of depending on yourself.

I always refer to boyfriends as "my feller".

I am in no way dependent on him. He was just a boyfriend. There is always another feller right around the corner. :)

jimnyc
04-04-2016, 05:01 PM
I sorta started it. He called me a whore. I then acted as if it hurt my feelings. I put on a sad face (near tears), walked up to him as if I needed a hug or a kiss, and brought my upside-down fist right up into his balls. He then slapped me across the face. In return I punched him in his mouth, covered my face, and took the beating.

Yikes, at least you got a shot into the eggs for the whore comment. Sounds like both would have been charged though.

I would just make this guy a part of ancient history and never speak to him again. And any other guy that tries to get hostile, end it right there before it even has a chance to rise to another level.

Kathianne
04-04-2016, 05:04 PM
I always refer to boyfriends as "my feller".

I am in no way dependent on him. He was just a boyfriend. There is always another feller right around the corner. :)

Well sure, I'd be a bit more choosy though for the next 'feller.'

Perianne
04-04-2016, 05:20 PM
Yikes, at least you got a shot into the eggs for the whore comment. Sounds like both would have been charged though.

I would just make this guy a part of ancient history and never speak to him again. And any other guy that tries to get hostile, end it right there before it even has a chance to rise to another level.

I have punched or squeezed their "eggs" before and it never works out well for me. It seems that guys don't like it when you injure them there. :)

Anyway, the thread was about how the RNC is trying to teach their base a lesson. Like my situation, it won't turn out well for them.

jimnyc
04-04-2016, 05:27 PM
Anyway, the thread was about how the RNC is trying to teach their base a lesson. Like my situation, it won't turn out well for them.

My prediction, unfortunately? We will see Hillary elected next. The shenanigans and fight to ouster one of their own, regardless of what the people want, started a long time ago. It will continue till the convention. Trump will go independent and bring millions from various states. Trump supporters will get pissed and stay home. They think they can take away what the people voted for, and perhaps legally so. But those same people can fight back against those screwing them, and legally so.

Kathianne
04-04-2016, 05:29 PM
I have punched or squeezed their "eggs" before and it never works out well for me. It seems that guys don't like it when you injure them there. :)

Well I didn't get the analogy, but perhaps others can share some insight on that. I'm going hiking and out for dinner with a friend. I'm not 'his woman', he's not my 'feller.' We don't hit or get emotionally abusive though, even though he was leaning Trump.

Gunny
04-04-2016, 05:37 PM

I don't get the whole violence thing. To what point? And I know, I'm the jarhead and all that and can be the most violent thing you ever saw, but when you have to live with that, you just aren't going to get it over someone calling you a name. Seems to me, IMO, that those who have never dealt with REAL violence are the first ones to start talking. I've seen a LOT of crap over the years. Last thing I want to do is hurt someone. You'll find that true of most vets. It ain't a game to us. We know the consequences.

And no offense intended, but what I have noticed is y'all civilians like to make threats and talk all kinds of crap. Not naming names, but I have been threatened more as a civilian in a damned leftwing city than I have in 40 years. Little fucknuts blowing up their chests as if that's going to help them see that long forgotten belt buckle and talking all kinds of crap and calling me names. I just stare at them like they're stupid. Well, because they are. You lose your temper with me you already lost.

I just don't get the posturing. What's anyone trying to prove? They're a better caveman or something? I assure you, you aren't. But you don't just switch on the kill button over some name calling.

Drummond
04-04-2016, 06:30 PM

I have had violent relationships and this was not the first time I have taken a beating. After a few days the pain and bruises go away. My deceased husband taught me how to fight and how to protect myself. He was often quite proud of the way I could punch. Just because someone is little doesn't mean she can't bloody your nose or mouth. Of course I knew I couldn't win against my feller as he is a foot taller and probably a hundred pounds heavier.

I wish men wouldn't call me names and hit me, but I gravitate towards the ones who will.

To me .. your attempted comparison / equivalence doesn't work.

It forms no part of a loving or even a worthwhile relationship for a partner to stoop to the offence which calling the woman 'you love' a whore is, in the first place. It's surely a violation of that relationship when it happens ?? Your response, therefore, was highly appropriate, and much deserved. What was NOT deserved was that you took the smallest trace of further abuse afterwards.

The proper result of what happened is that you should've either received immediate, heartfelt contrition from your partner (and volunteered, not asked for !), followed by a promise that no further abuse would EVER happen, on pains of seeing the relationship immediately terminated.

Where your political comparison falls over is within the understanding that withdrawing support for mainstream Conservatives can ever be a good thing. With your ex-partner, you had that option, it was a deserved one, and you could move on to something better. But politically, IS there 'something better' that you could hope to see coming about ? The alternative to abandoning mainstream Conservatives is simply to allow the Dems a victory.

... and ... doesn't THAT constitute abuse ... of your country, its citizens, your very way of life ???

glockmail
04-04-2016, 07:52 PM

I actually like your political analogy as it makes sense.

The other thing that the analogy can be used for is that the "elites" reaction to being disrespected is inappropriate, as was yours.

What ever happened to "sticks and stones will break my bones, but names will never hurt me"?

Your man was wrong to call you a name, but you were more wrong to get violent. Then he doubled down on wrong by slapping you, then tripled down by beating you. A better response would have been to say nothing, then at the appropriate time change the locks on your apartment, lock out his number on your cell phone, and never see or talk to the loser again.

Perianne
04-04-2016, 08:48 PM

The other thing that the analogy can be used for is that the "elites" reaction to being disrespected is inappropriate, as was yours.

What ever happened to "sticks and stones will break my bones, but names will never hurt me"?

Your man was wrong to call you a name, but you were more wrong to get violent. Then he doubled down on wrong by slapping you, then tripled down by beating you. A better response would have been to say nothing, then at the appropriate time change the locks on your apartment, lock out his number on your cell phone, and never see or talk to the loser again.

The analogy certainly makes sense to me, though apparently not to others.

I grew up being called "little nigger", "nigger bitch", "coon", and all the other names that are typically applied to blacks....even though I am whiter than just about anyone. The fact that my mother married a black caused me suffering and angst. The name-calling only stopped when, to be blunt, I grew boobs and hips. As far as "sticks and stones will break my bones, but names will never hurt me", tell it to someone else. I refuse to accept name-calling. It is the thing that sets me off.

I have read men on here state that if someone says something about their woman, it is on. Well, the same thing applies to me. Call me, my daughter, or my beloved deceased husband a name, I will respond, and it won't be with reciprocal name-calling.

Everyone has their thing that ticks them off.

Perianne
04-04-2016, 08:49 PM

And there is no need to change the locks as I don't play house with any man I am not married to.

tailfins
04-04-2016, 08:57 PM

I grew up being called "little nigger", "nigger bitch", "coon", and all the other names that are typically applied to blacks....even though I am whiter than just about anyone. The fact that my mother married a black caused me suffering and angst. The name-calling only stopped when, to be blunt, I grew boobs and hips. As far as "sticks and stones will break my bones, but names will never hurt me", tell it to someone else. I refuse to accept name-calling. It is the thing that sets me off.

I have read men on here state that if someone says something about their woman, it is on. Well, the same thing applies to me. Call me, my daughter, or my beloved deceased husband a name, I will respond, and it won't be with reciprocal name-calling.

Growing up, I'm so glad my old man was a cop. He made life difficult for anyone that bothered me. The WORST thing I had to listen to was "I smell bacon". I happen to like bacon, so no biggie.

Gunny
04-04-2016, 09:26 PM

My response was conversational, not critical. I have one of THE worst tempers ever. When I was 19 it lande one guy in the hospital, had a cop's nose bleeding beautifully on his uniform, and I got to go to jail. It was THAT point in time I decided me losing my temper was NOT a good thing. For ME. Technically, in hindsight, I screwed up if I spent more time in Dade County jail than they did in the hospital. I lost my temper in Kuwait City in Feb 91. And when I say that, I don't just go off like an idiot. I calculate the whole time.

At the same time, I abhor violence. I've seen what it can do to people. Some of it can never be taken back. It's a last resort tactic. And we'll just have to disagree on the sticks n stones thing. I know EXACTLY how bad words can hurt. They're still just words.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-04-2016, 09:27 PM
Do not let anybody beat on you.

I repeat, Do not let anybody beat on you.

Nothing, not their money, sexual abilities, looks , fame and/or charisma
is worth being abused for...

This is exactly what I taught my own daughter.
And she lives it...

I have one ironclad rule never broken.
"Touch /harm , me or mine and I'll bring down FAR WORSE THAN the wrath of the Titans on you"..
AND I HAVE DONE SO MORE THAN I CARE TO RECALL.
HAS COST ME DEARLY SEVERAL TIMES, AS I WENT OVERBOARD HURTING THE GUY.-TYR

Gunny
04-04-2016, 09:30 PM

I repeat, Do not let anybody beat on you.

Nothing, not their money, sexual abilities, looks , fame and/or charisma
is worth being abused for...

This is exactly what I taught my own daughter.
And she lives it...

I have one ironclad rule never broken.
"Touch /harm , me or mine and I'll bring down FAR WORSE THAN the wrath of the Titans on you"..
AND I HAVE DONE SO MORE THAN I CARE TO RECALL.
HAS COST ME DEARLY SEVERAL TIMES, AS I WENT OVERBOARD HURTING THE GUY.-TYR

Huh. I'd like to see my daughter's husband beat on her. The Iraqi war vet daughter? All I can say is who has the popcorn and the beer and you better make it quick. It ain't going to last long.:laugh:

Kathianne
04-04-2016, 09:34 PM
My response was conversational, not critical. I have one of THE worst tempers ever. When I was 19 it lande one guy in the hospital, had a cop's nose bleeding beautifully on his uniform, and I got to go to jail. It was THAT point in time I decided me losing my temper was NOT a good thing. For ME. Technically, in hindsight, I screwed up if I spent more time in Dade County jail than they did in the hospital. I lost my temper in Kuwait City in Feb 91. And when I say that, I don't just go off like an idiot. I calculate the whole time.

At the same time, I abhor violence. I've seen what it can do to people. Some of it can never be taken back. It's a last resort tactic. And we'll just have to disagree on the sticks n stones thing. I know EXACTLY how bad words can hurt. They're still just words.

I concur. Words said? Consider the source. Broken bones? Consider pressing charges and most definitely change locks.

One needs to be thoughtful picking friends and certainly someone you want a romantic relationship with. I made a huge mistake in marrying a narcissist, but was wise enough to exit when presented with no choice. He never physically hurt me and once away from him I dealt with the emotional issues he caused. It's made me very cautious of whom I do allow close to me and would never spend over a decade with such a negative force again. Actually now I have to remind myself not to pull away from relationships whenever it 'feels' like negative vibes have come. I can't imagine being with anyone that would call me such a name, then again I don't invite such disrespect or give it either. If I lost my temper, no one would ever think I was coming at them for a kiss or comfort-they'd be moving away.

Gunny
04-04-2016, 09:42 PM
I concur. Words said? Consider the source. Broken bones? Consider pressing charges and most definitely change locks.

One needs to be thoughtful picking friends and certainly someone you want a romantic relationship with. I made a huge mistake in marrying a narcissist, but was wise enough to exit when presented with no choice. He never physically hurt me and once away from him I dealt with the emotional issues he caused. It's made me very cautious of whom I do allow close to me and would never spend over a decade with such a negative force again. Actually now I have to remind myself not to pull away from relationships whenever it 'feels' like negative vibes have come. I can't imagine being with anyone that would call me such a name, then again I don't invite such disrespect or give it either. If I lost my temper, no one would ever think I was coming at them for a kiss or comfort-they'd be moving away.

I've taken an emotional beating in just about every one of my relationships. People think it's not the same, but to me, an emotional beating lasts a LOT longer than a physical one. Realistically, no one's going to beat me up physically. Doesn't concern me in the least. Any woman big and skilled enough to kick MY butt, I don't want around anyway. Not saying they don't exist. Just that I'm not attracted to women like that. I always get the guilt-trippers.

Kathianne
04-04-2016, 09:56 PM
I've taken an emotional beating in just about every one of my relationships. People think it's not the same, but to me, an emotional beating lasts a LOT longer than a physical one. Realistically, no one's going to beat me up physically. Doesn't concern me in the least. Any woman big and skilled enough to kick MY butt, I don't want around anyway. Not saying they don't exist. Just that I'm not attracted to women like that. I always get the guilt-trippers.

Stay away from 'game players.' That includes those going 'guilt tripping.' It also encompasses those that play 'poor little me, I'm so helpless.' I don't like emotional games. I can't imagine actually attacking someone physically first. Indeed, at this stage of life I wouldn't stay more than a few minutes with someone that actually made me mad enough to want to get into an emotional fight, much less physical. I can handle stressors, but not those that are just trying to push buttons, not worth it.

Gunny
04-04-2016, 09:59 PM
Stay away from 'game players.' That includes those going 'guilt tripping.' It also encompasses those that play 'poor little me, I'm so helpless.' I don't like emotional games. I can't imagine actually attacking someone physically first. Indeed, at this stage of life I wouldn't stay more than a few minutes with someone that actually made me mad enough to want to get into an emotional fight, much less physical. I can handle stressors, but not those that are just trying to push buttons, not worth it.

I hear ya loud and clear. It's called "I'm just too old for this sh*t".

Abbey Marie
04-04-2016, 10:07 PM

I'd have to say, if you hate name-calling this much, you should definitely refrain from doing it yourself.
As for relationships, I can't imagine getting close to someone who didn't think I was pretty damn awesome. And vice versa.

Kathianne
04-04-2016, 10:08 PM
I hear ya loud and clear. It's called "I'm just too old for this sh*t".

I prefer to think of it as, "I'm old enough to have learned something by this point." ;) I like my friends, I like being by myself. If I were to find my 'friends' have too many issues to deal with beyond reasonable behaviors, I prefer being alone. So far, haven't had those types of 'friends' in years, come to think of it, only 2 in my lifetime-one I divorced, the other I outgrew by 9th grade.

Gunny
04-04-2016, 10:15 PM
I prefer to think of it as, "I'm old enough to have learned something by this point." ;) I like my friends, I like being by myself. If I were to find my 'friends' have too many issues to deal with beyond reasonable behaviors, I prefer being alone. So far, haven't had those types of 'friends' in years, come to think of it, only 2 in my lifetime-one I divorced, the other I outgrew by 9th grade.

Nope. Not me. Not where women are concerned. I'm a sucker every time. And don't ask "why?". If I knew, I could fix it. I can do all sorts of things, fix all sorts of things, just not people. And it's not just me. I know what I mean and what I say, but half of a relationship is the other half's perception of you and I've heard some doozies on why I did this or that over the years. And I usually have that cocked head puppy dog "Huh?" look going on. It's like where'd you come up with THAT crap?:laugh:

Abbey Marie
04-04-2016, 10:20 PM

Yes. At some point I realized that I am God's own, and I won't allow anyone to denigrate that. And my husband and I both know that without respect, there is no viable marriage.

Kathianne
04-04-2016, 10:22 PM
Nope. Not me. Not where women are concerned. I'm a sucker every time. And don't ask "why?". If I knew, I could fix it. I can do all sorts of things, fix all sorts of things, just not people. And it's not just me. I know what I mean and what I say, but half of a relationship is the other half's perception of you and I've heard some doozies on why I did this or that over the years. And I usually have that cocked head puppy dog "Huh?" look going on. It's like where'd you come up with THAT crap?:laugh:

See the bolded? You're right, can't fix broken people. That has to be done by themselves. I don't want to be broken, nor have broken with me. That is what one has to do, imo.

We all have our 'issues,' that we carry-humans. However, I don't have to use what happened to me when I was a kid, or a teen, or married to the jerk, color my present world. I try to learn some of the lessons from the hurts, try even harder to remember the good times and good results of those times.

Gunny
04-04-2016, 10:33 PM
See the bolded? You're right, can't fix broken people. That has to be done by themselves. I don't want to be broken, nor have broken with me. That is what one has to do, imo.

We all have our 'issues,' that we carry-humans. However, I don't have to use what happened to me when I was a kid, or a teen, or married to the jerk, color my present world. I try to learn some of the lessons from the hurts, try even harder to remember the good times and good results of those times.

Everything we do in life colors our world today. I just go with the Serenity Prayer on that one.

Kathianne
04-04-2016, 10:34 PM
Everything we do in life colors our world today. I just go with the Serenity Prayer on that one.

True, but we can control which brushes and paints to use.

tailfins
04-04-2016, 10:44 PM
I'd have to say, if you hate name-calling this much, you should definitely refrain from doing it yourself.
As for relationships, I can't imagine getting close to someone who didn't think I was pretty damn awesome. And vice versa.

I'm glad I have a wife that doesn't discriminate against my disability. She knows what I can't express emotionally, I express with work. For example, if she wants chicken fried rice, I research and take her to the place that has the best chicken fried rice in town. If her necklace is all tangled up, she's surprised that I take a needle and meticulously slide different sections until it's untangled with no damage. She appreciates how much focused effort I put into solving any problem she puts in front of me. If she wants a hair dryer, she asks me to print out the one with the best customer satisfaction. When she brings the UPC to the store, she knows she will have one she will be happy to use. She knows that I hate mindless tasks and does everything in her power to keep those away from me.

Gunny
04-04-2016, 10:48 PM
True, but we can control which brushes and paints to use.

Sometimes. Other times, that curve ball comes from nowhere and you have to deal.

darin
04-05-2016, 01:09 AM
Going with my gut - my BS meter is sounding alarms.

jimnyc
04-05-2016, 06:29 AM

Not even directly to me - but if someone calls my wife a whore, it's game on without hesitation. It will be wrong of me to have started with the violence, but I can deal with that.

Whatever happened to you and getting that small pistol? Carry that on your side or in your pocketbook and maybe folks will think twice?

tailfins
04-05-2016, 07:43 AM

BS meter about what?

darin
04-05-2016, 07:47 AM
BS meter about what?

The stories in this thread.

tailfins
04-05-2016, 07:49 AM

My story is truthful.

darin
04-05-2016, 08:09 AM
My story is truthful.

If the shoe doesn't fit - great! :)

jimnyc
04-05-2016, 08:15 AM
I trust everyone in this thread and have zero reason to believe anything is untruthful. :)

Perianne
04-05-2016, 08:50 AM

BS meter about what?

And thus, jimnyc, why at times I want to put moderators on ignore.

I find dmp boorish.

Can I request that we close this thread?

jimnyc
04-05-2016, 08:53 AM
And thus, @jimnyc (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=1), why at times I want to put moderators on ignore.

I find dmp boorish.

Can I request that we close this thread?

Even mods are entitled to their POV's. I understand why some folks would like to place moderators on ignore, I do. I just hope you understand my reasoning for why it could 'potentially' be a problem. I can't turn it on for just one member. If I allow it, I then have to allow it for every member. Then if everyone does so, problems can happen. Even if you dislike someone, just ignore them manually as I do with some folks.

Thread closed at your request, since it's your thread.