PDA

View Full Version : Chinese food

jimnyc
04-05-2016, 04:48 PM
Now I'm not trying to be racist or nuttin like that. And let's face it, I think all of you kinda think the same thing, I'm just writing it out loud! :laugh:

But I'm ordering this stuff tonight. I never know what to order, what's safe, what is "really" chicken or whatever. Sometimes I eat the wontons and just close my eyes and don't even wanna know what's inside. It tastes good, but if I see it then I have to identify it, and sometimes that's just not possible. I'm not kidding either!! That's their motto - "Tastes great, don't know what the f%$k it is".

Bilgerat
04-05-2016, 04:51 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOy2QCssTaI

Gunny
04-05-2016, 04:56 PM
Now I'm not trying to be racist or nuttin like that. And let's face it, I think all of you kinda think the same thing, I'm just writing it out loud! :laugh:

But I'm ordering this stuff tonight. I never know what to order, what's safe, what is "really" chicken or whatever. Sometimes I eat the wontons and just close my eyes and don't even wanna know what's inside. It tastes good, but if I see it then I have to identify it, and sometimes that's just not possible. I'm not kidding either!! That's their motto - "Tastes great, don't know what the f%$k it is".

"Chinese food" in the US is NOT what Chinese people eat. You walk into a real Chinese restaurant in China and I guarantee you'll be on a diet. :laugh:

Wontons usually have pork in them. Chinese restaurants in the US STILL have to meet FDA standards. Just don't go with a really cheap one. They may play "don't ask - don't tell".:laugh:

jimnyc
04-05-2016, 05:03 PM
"Chinese food" in the US is NOT what Chinese people eat. You walk into a real Chinese restaurant in China and I guarantee you'll be on a diet. :laugh:

Wontons usually have pork in them. Chinese restaurants in the US STILL have to meet FDA standards. Just don't go with a really cheap one. They may play "don't ask - don't tell".:laugh:

FDA standards when the FDA is watching I'm sure. We order from this place called "Dragon City". I honestly have NO IDEA where it is, AND DON'T WANT TO. And you know why? Because I'll bet 300-1 it's a filthy place in the back room, they almost all are. I admit to being an outta sight outta mind kinda guy. Hell, I even ordered fried chicken from them before, no lie either!! I'm a daring bastard.

tailfins
04-05-2016, 06:46 PM

Monosodium Glutamate

indago
04-05-2016, 08:40 PM
When I was in Taiwan I acquired a taste for the breakfasts served at one of the places I ate at: Eggs & Rice; Chicken & Rice; Fish & Rice. When I got back to the States, I tried to duplicate this, and I finally got something that I eat quite a lot of: Chicken & Rice, with onions and Sugar Snap Peas. I have a 1 quart stainless steel bowl that I use in my 2 1/2 quart pressure cooker. I put in 1/2 cup of Organically Grown Long Grain Brown Rice, and add 2 cups of water in the bowl and pressure cook this at 5 pounds for 50 minutes. Before that is done I cut a chicken breast half into around 8 pieces, shake them up in a plastic bag of flour, and then fry them slowly in a large fry pan, while I cut the Sugar Snap Peas and slice of onion. When the rice is done, I combine all in the fry pan and stir fry all together.

Delicious, with a sprinkle of Salt and Pepper to taste...

Gunny
04-05-2016, 09:27 PM
When I was in Taiwan I acquired a taste for the breakfasts served at one of the places I ate at: Eggs & Rice; Chicken & Rice; Fish & Rice. When I got back to the States, I tried to duplicate this, and I finally got something that I eat quite a lot of: Chicken & Rice, with onions and Sugar Snap Peas. I have a 1 quart stainless steel bowl that I use in my 2 1/2 quart pressure cooker. I put in 1/2 cup of Organically Grown Long Grain Brown Rice, and add 2 cups of water in the bowl and pressure cook this at 5 pounds for 50 minutes. Before that is done I cut a chicken breast half into around 8 pieces, shake them up in a plastic bag of flour, and then fry them slowly in a large fry pan, while I cut the Sugar Snap Peas and slice of onion. When the rice is done, I combine all in the fry pan and stir fry all together.

I love stir fry and fried rice. Okinawans make the best. Only I always got the beef or shrimp. I don't like chicken.

indago
04-05-2016, 11:57 PM
I love stir fry and fried rice. Okinawans make the best. Only I always got the beef or shrimp. I don't like chicken.

It's all good...

darin
04-06-2016, 01:13 AM
Monosodium Glutamate

...is delicious.

jimnyc
04-06-2016, 06:40 AM

My wife always makes chicken and rice, although I don't know how organic things are. Brown rice, chicken, onions (maybe some peas?) I know she loves those sugar snap peas but I don't think she uses that. She also likes that edamame crap. Yuk.