PDA

View Full Version : Cruz passes Trump in prediction market

tailfins
04-05-2016, 09:00 PM
Who will get GOP nomination

Cruz: 37% chance
Trump 36% chance

Up to the moment numbers here:

https://www.predictit.org/Market/1233/Who-will-win-the-2016-Republican-presidential-nomination

Gunny
04-05-2016, 09:25 PM

Trump 36% chance

https://www.predictit.org/Market/1233/Who-will-win-the-2016-Republican-presidential-nomination

Cruz isn't going to win either. If God doesn't use his magic wand and repair the right, be prepared for at least 4 more years in Hell.

darin
04-06-2016, 01:19 AM
Rick Perry - sounds Presidential. Ted Cruz sounds more whiny. People want folk who MOVE them. It's like mega-church pastors. Give me a great speaker and I'll show you the next president.

Gunny
04-06-2016, 03:13 AM
Rick Perry - sounds Presidential. Ted Cruz sounds more whiny. People want folk who MOVE them. It's like mega-church pastors. Give me a great speaker and I'll show you the next president.

Perry was an awesome governor.

darin
04-06-2016, 04:12 AM
Perry was an awesome governor.

And I think he'd be a great president.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8701&d=1459933813

jimnyc
04-06-2016, 06:34 AM

Trump 36% chance

You better hope he wins every single state from here on out and wins the 1237 for the nod - or you're going to get EXACTLY what Trump is getting now. Outside of that scenario, based on the actions of the RNC and other elites, you will be welcoming in Hillary.

For example. You are running all over "T-rumps" and things like that. When the games are done playing, and if Cruz gets the nomination - do you really think these folks will happily turn around and go with Cruz? Folks are angry, thinking that their voices and votes are being taken away. And they WILL right that in November, likely with horrible results for the right.

Gunny
04-06-2016, 12:12 PM
You better hope he wins every single state from here on out and wins the 1237 for the nod - or you're going to get EXACTLY what Trump is getting now. Outside of that scenario, based on the actions of the RNC and other elites, you will be welcoming in Hillary.

For example. You are running all over "T-rumps" and things like that. When the games are done playing, and if Cruz gets the nomination - do you really think these folks will happily turn around and go with Cruz? Folks are angry, thinking that their voices and votes are being taken away. And they WILL right that in November, likely with horrible results for the right.

Same goes the other way around. Conservatives who see Trump as not being conservative are not going to flock to Trump. Cruz is as much an outsider with the RNC as Trump is because he has continuously bucked them.

That being said, the problem is the rift itself. If THAT is not somehow miraculously fixed, neither one will have enough vote to win in the GE.

DLT
04-06-2016, 12:22 PM

Trump 36% chance

It's a squeaker.

Just heard on Rush that the support for a "wall" has gone down significantly. Since that is Trump's signature issue, it may signal his defeat soon. We'll see though.

DLT
04-06-2016, 12:24 PM
Cruz isn't going to win either. If God doesn't use his magic wand and repair the right, be prepared for at least 4 more years in Hell.

It looks like an unsurmountable uphill battle for Cruz to get to 1297 at this point.

Gunny
04-06-2016, 12:27 PM
It's a squeaker.

Just heard on Rush that the support for a "wall" has gone down significantly. Since that is Trump's signature issue, it may signal his defeat soon. We'll see though.

Why would support for a "wall" go down? I really don't want some big tacky wall along the border. A minefield, motion detectors and enough manpower to enforce it would work. We pay for all sorts of dumb stuff ... like Conggress's paychecks. All the talk about control begins with stopping the bleeding. THEN you worry about the rest.

Bilgerat
04-06-2016, 12:42 PM
What Tailfins doesn't think of is that the "establishment" is praying for Trump fail in the count.

Once that occurs, a brokered convention will finally complete the fracture in the party.

Cruz will be dropped like a hot potato (no one in the Party likes him anyway) and an acceptable (to the "establishment") candidate will have a coronation.

The voters who either chose Trump or Cruz will (of course) ignore this selection along with the pleas from the Party to "rally". I predict voters will write in the candidate of their choice or just stay home

This of course will end in the Hildabeast being installed in the Oval Office.

And we'll be doomed to continue to suffer under the heel of the loony left.

Which should please Tailfins to no end.

Gunny
04-06-2016, 12:47 PM
What Tailfins doesn't think of is that the "establishment" is praying for Trump fail in the count.

Once that occurs, a brokered convention will finally complete the fracture in the party.

Cruz will be dropped like a hot potato (no one in the Party likes him anyway) and an acceptable (to the "establishment") candidate will have a coronation.

The voters who either chose Trump or Cruz will (of course) ignore this selection along with the pleas from the Party to "rally". I predict voters will write in the candidate of their choice or just stay home

This of course will end in the Hildabeast being installed in the Oval Office.

And we'll be doomed to continue to suffer under the heel of the loony left.

Which should please Tailfins to no end.

The obvious is one reason I just divested myself of any emotional attachment to this race. It's lose/lose as it stands. Lest we forget, the Supreme Court is at stake, as well as Congress. We lose all 3 branches of government and the Constitution is a done deal.

Bilgerat
04-06-2016, 12:49 PM
The obvious is one reason I just divested myself of any emotional attachment to this race. It's lose/lose as it stands. Lest we forget, the Supreme Court is at stake, as well as Congress. We lose all 3 branches of government and the Constitution is a done deal.

Sad but true

Gunny
04-06-2016, 12:56 PM
Sad but true

What I've been saying all along. The right needs to get their heads and asses wired together and man the line on this one regardless petty little "well, I don't like this guy so I'm not voting" crap. I can't believe how poorly civilians can't see the big picture. They're more worried about their own petty personal crap than the end result. And then they wonder why we can't win a war. Drives me nuts.

jimnyc
04-06-2016, 03:15 PM
What I've been saying all along. The right needs to get their heads and asses wired together and man the line on this one regardless petty little "well, I don't like this guy so I'm not voting" crap. I can't believe how poorly civilians can't see the big picture. They're more worried about their own petty personal crap than the end result. And then they wonder why we can't win a war. Drives me nuts.

The talk of not voting, because of not liking a candidate, or voting for someone else, came from those opposed to Trump. And yes, I get it. But that's where it started. :)

I don't have a problem holding my nose and voting for someone that keeps Hillary out of office. But it's a different ballgame if they completely go against the will of the people. Or if they try and destroy one of their own.

Black Diamond
04-06-2016, 03:23 PM
Yes if if comes down to Hillary vs Lyin' Ted, I will puke my way through and vote for Lyin' Ted.

I still think Cruz is a compete and total slime.

jimnyc
04-06-2016, 03:32 PM
Yes if if comes down to Hillary vs Lyin' Ted, I will puke my way through and vote for Lyin' Ted.

I still think Cruz is a compete and total slime.

I was willing to vote for ANYONE on the right, admittedly so, just to keep this witch out of office. But I have to see how things play out and see how far folks are willing to take things. Folks are gleeful that Trump has won places that Cruz's folks are going around putting delegates in place for him now. Look, I understand that's technically within the rules, but this whole thing stinks. And then the RNC themselves is working feverishly to keep Trump from getting the nod, as are other elites from within the party. They are not only making it sound as if the people have no say - some of them are outright stating as much. That's cool though, I understand that they can technically take my vote away from me in the primaries, but they can't do jack shit if I stay home on election day, or vote against THEIR selection.

Gunny
04-06-2016, 03:59 PM
The talk of not voting, because of not liking a candidate, or voting for someone else, came from those opposed to Trump. And yes, I get it. But that's where it started. :)

I don't have a problem holding my nose and voting for someone that keeps Hillary out of office. But it's a different ballgame if they completely go against the will of the people. Or if they try and destroy one of their own.

It is NOT because of those opposed to Trump. It's because of self-centered people who think it's their way or the highway. Well, we've gotten the highway for 8 years.

Trump is not the will of the people. He represents a minority segment of angry people; not, necessarily conservative.

jimnyc
04-06-2016, 04:11 PM
It is NOT because of those opposed to Trump. It's because of self-centered people who think it's their way or the highway. Well, we've gotten the highway for 8 years.

Trump is not the will of the people. He represents a minority segment of angry people; not, necessarily conservative.

If the majority of people voted for one candidate, and they use shenanigans to give delegates/win to another candidate, to me that is against what the people wanted. Even worse if they turn around and maybe give it to someone who wasn't even in the primaries. Some say it would be within the rules to give Cruz the nod at the convention. But by that same token, it would then be within the rules to give the nod to Paul Ryan or any other candidate THEY feel like voting for. They're supposed to be representing the people from their various areas, not changing votes after the fact.

Black Diamond
04-06-2016, 04:49 PM
If the majority of people voted for one candidate, and they use shenanigans to give delegates/win to another candidate, to me that is against what the people wanted. Even worse if they turn around and maybe give it to someone who wasn't even in the primaries. Some say it would be within the rules to give Cruz the nod at the convention. But by that same token, it would then be within the rules to give the nod to Paul Ryan or any other candidate THEY feel like voting for. They're supposed to be representing the people from their various areas, not changing votes after the fact.

Somewhere in your post lies Mitt Romney's wet dream.