PDA

View Full Version : Michael Vick...What a dick!

Sir Evil
07-18-2007, 06:31 PM
Hank Kurz Jr., of the Associated Press, reports, unlike other documents, the name of Atlanta Falcons QB Michael Vick can be seen numerous times in the indictment for Vick and three other men. In the indictment, Vick allegedly was consulted before a wounded dog who lost a dog fight was doused with water and electrocuted. Also, Vick supposedly gave the owners of the winning dogs $23,000 in a bag in March 2003, when the dogs from "Bad Newz Kennels" lost. The indictment said Vick was known as "Ookie" in the dog fighting world. Other things mentioned in the indictment were that when eight dogs where considered not good fighters, the dogs were killed "by hanging, drowning and/or slamming at least one dog's body to the ground." Another thing stated in the indictment was that the purses for the dog fights ranged from hundreds to thousands of dollars a match.

This imbecile should be banned permanently from the NFL!

Abbey Marie
07-18-2007, 06:39 PM

I hope to God he is. What a disgusting excuse for a human.

5stringJeff
07-18-2007, 06:49 PM
And now, all of Atlanta's hopes are squarely on the shoulders of... Joey Harrington!

BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!!!!!

jackass
07-18-2007, 06:52 PM

Yes he should! Did you hear what he said about it?? That all the fans would stand behind hime because he gets paid to win football games. What a cock!
Maybe we should lock him up with a few of those dogs! :)

Mr. P
07-18-2007, 07:05 PM
Yes he should! Did you hear what he said about it?? That all the fans would stand behind hime because he gets paid to win football games. What a cock!

With the racial makeup of Atlanta, I'm afraid that may be a true statement.

jackass
07-18-2007, 08:04 PM
With the racial makeup of Atlanta, I'm afraid that may be a true statement.

Naw it cant be. Racial ties left out they will still feel for the animals....no?

Mr. P
07-18-2007, 08:06 PM
Naw it cant be. Racial ties left out they will still feel for the animals....no?

Just the LIBERAL IDIOTS!

EDIT: The animal is VICK and the rest of the MORONS that do this chit!

OCA
07-18-2007, 08:11 PM

Well then he hasn't been earning his money!

Atlanta would be much better with Harrington at the helm, Vick sucked as a QB even before I knew he was a pooch killer.

Psychoblues
08-09-2007, 02:37 AM
Anyone that would harm a helpless animal is a dick in my book. Hamburgers, anyone?

dan
08-09-2007, 05:53 AM

Unfortunately, I'm seeing that, no, they don't. The black people I've talked to about it generally don't see dogfighting as a bad thing, and don't really see pitbulls as "dogs" the way you or me do, they just see them as a means to an end (that end being making money). Sad, but true. Which isn't to say that no white people around here, or elsewhere, aren't into dogfighting.

KarlMarx
08-09-2007, 06:08 AM
Now there's a novel idea.... banning players who bring shame to the game...

but, you know, if this guy had been caught snorting coke or doing ecstasy, he'd be given a million chances to make it right...

I think the NFL and MLB should be throwing out players who break the law in any manner at all.

Gunny
08-09-2007, 10:38 AM

Why?

Don't get me wrong ... I think Vick's behavior as far as this dogfighting goes is reprehensible. I think the same of ANY of them.

However, I don't see the correlation to how he makes a living and his private affiars.

Gunny
08-09-2007, 10:41 AM
Now there's a novel idea.... banning players who bring shame to the game...

but, you know, if this guy had been caught snorting coke or doing ecstasy, he'd be given a million chances to make it right...

I think the NFL and MLB should be throwing out players who break the law in any manner at all.

Yeah, great idea except that concept went out with the dodo bird. The game itself is shameful now compared to what it used to be when players played for the love of it.

hjmick
08-09-2007, 10:47 AM
Buy one of these:

http://www.jimmyshowbiz.com/vickstoy.jpg

The Official "Vick's" Chew Toy (http://www.vickdogchewtoy.com/)

dan
08-09-2007, 11:05 AM
Why?

Don't get me wrong ... I think Vick's behavior as far as this dogfighting goes is reprehensible. I think the same of ANY of them.

However, I don't see the correlation to how he makes a living and his private affiars.

The correlation, to me, comes in that he is the leader of the team, someone meant to be looked up to, and, furthermore, he is in theory supposed to be a role model. Of course, I don't think anybody in their right mind would be happy with their kids looking up to almost any pro athlete at this point.

Gunny
08-09-2007, 11:21 AM
The correlation, to me, comes in that he is the leader of the team, someone meant to be looked up to, and, furthermore, he is in theory supposed to be a role model. Of course, I don't think anybody in their right mind would be happy with their kids looking up to almost any pro athlete at this point.

And your one post is THE double-standard we as a society have toward pro athletes, and the double-standard held by the NFL, in this case.

Pro athletes aren't worthy of being held up as role models and very few of them even pretend to be. But the second one of them does something we all know full well they are capable of, the sensationalist media starts making a big deal about his status as a role model.

So, the guy's a piece of crap off the field? Nothing new nor novel here. Has nothing to do with his ability to play the sport he is employed to play.

dan
08-09-2007, 11:34 AM
And your one post is THE double-standard we as a society have toward pro athletes, and the double-standard held by the NFL, in this case.

Pro athletes aren't worthy of being held up as role models and very few of them even pretend to be. But the second one of them does something we all know full well they are capable of, the sensationalist media starts making a big deal about his status as a role model.

So, the guy's a piece of crap off the field? Nothing new nor novel here. Has nothing to do with his ability to play the sport he is employed to play.

I totally agree, but I also understand the particular vitrol in Vick's case. To me, there's a world of difference between an athlete who smokes weed or goes to a strip club off the field, and one who raises dogs to kill other dogs for money, then beats said dogs to death when they don't perform up to his standards.

jackass
08-09-2007, 05:20 PM

Unfortunatley he IS a role model.

Dilloduck
08-09-2007, 06:00 PM
Anyone that would harm a helpless animal is a dick in my book. Hamburgers, anyone?

Great point, Psycho. They definately should have eaten the dogs. :poke:

Gunny
08-09-2007, 08:12 PM
I totally agree, but I also understand the particular vitrol in Vick's case. To me, there's a world of difference between an athlete who smokes weed or goes to a strip club off the field, and one who raises dogs to kill other dogs for money, then beats said dogs to death when they don't perform up to his standards.

Throw him in jail/prison for fighting dogs and animal abuse. Gues he won't play football until his sentence is up.

I just don't agree with him beign denied the right to ply his trade when the NFL doesn't enforce animal abuse laws.

Gunny
08-09-2007, 08:15 PM
Unfortunatley he IS a role model.

That however is not HIS fault. Let's point fingers where they belong. THAT is the parents' fault. Teach your children WHO role models should be, and problem solved.

dan
08-10-2007, 05:37 AM
Throw him in jail/prison for fighting dogs and animal abuse. Gues he won't play football until his sentence is up.

I just don't agree with him beign denied the right to ply his trade when the NFL doesn't enforce animal abuse laws.

But, it's pure marketing, the NFL and the Falcons would both lose loads of money if they supported someone accused of such acts.

jimnyc
08-10-2007, 06:06 AM

As much as I love my fellow Steelers loving buddy, I'm going to have to disagree on a technicality!

In this day and age of sports, almost every contract signed comes with a "conduct clause" or a "morality clause". Any events happening off the field that will bring undue light to their teams or the NFL as a whole, very well may be punished. The NFL is selling a game, and an image. They expect the stars of the game to lead a certain way of life in order to uphold that image.

So while I mostly agree with what you wrote, the NFL does have the right to punish him.

If he were just another guy making $20 an hour sweeping floors, I'd say his job and crimes should be 2 different things. But when Vick signed that contract he agreed to what was written it, which I'm confident had a morality clause in it which is in just about every pro sports contract these days.

Gunny
08-10-2007, 06:10 AM
As much as I love my fellow Steelers loving buddy, I'm going to have to disagree on a technicality!

In this day and age of sports, almost every contract signed comes with a "conduct clause" or a "morality clause". Any events happening off the field that will bring undue light to their teams or the NFL as a whole, very well may be punished. The NFL is selling a game, and an image. They expect the stars of the game to lead a certain way of life in order to uphold that image.

So while I mostly agree with what you wrote, the NFL does have the right to punish him.

If he were just another guy making $20 an hour sweeping floors, I'd say his job and crimes should be 2 different things. But when Vick signed that contract he agreed to what was written it, which I'm confident had a morality clause in it which is in just about every pro sports contract these days.

In the situation where he signed a morality clause, THEN I would agree with you. That is a legal parameter so far not introduced. In that case, I would say the NFL has the legal right to hold him accountable to his contract.

jimnyc
08-10-2007, 06:14 AM
In the situation where he signed a morality clause, THEN I would agree with you. That is a legal parameter so far not introduced. In that case, I would say the NFL has the legal right to hold him accountable to his contract.

Honestly, I have no solid knowledge that he signed such a clause. It's just something I've learned over the years was fairly standard in pro athletes contracts. I'd be shocked if Atlanta didn't do something to protect themselves in such an event. I'm sure the players union will jump in rather quickly if he gets suspended for something they feel outside of his contract. I guess only time will tell all the facts now. Should be an interesting case to follow.

emmett
08-17-2007, 07:47 PM

Actually....................I live in the Atlanta area and the response has been prety much......................(looks around from side to side)............................................. .............racial.

Michael Vick is a spoiled rich little bastard. Role model? Yeah, that too unfortunately. Children all over the US think he shits gold teeth. Can you imagine the degree of difficulty for a young single mom to sit down with her 11 year old to explain that M. Vick won't be on TV this year because he killed a bunch of dogs that wouldn't fight well in his illegal dog fighting world.

Why was he dog fighting mommy?

But he's a great football player mommy!

Incumbant upon those who live in the public eye is a certain expectation we all have of them to be our childrens rle models, and to be them well. The fact is, WE have to be the role models for our children and teach them carefully that things like this will happen in their lives and to never place people outside their family in too high esteem. This is important. The other night I was blessed when I had the opportunity to be at my son's house when little Tyler (6 year old grandson) came strolling through the living room while the Sports news was on and caught a glimpse of the story. Since we are from the North Georgia area and big football fans he instantly became interested. He likes Michael Vick, well, he did! He simple reply was almost shocking to me. He merely shook his head at his dad and almost matter of fact like said" He shouldn't have done that, you can't treat doggies that way!" My son has taught his children well in that area I guess.

A good role model is appreciated. I mean hell, pro athletes make millions. They live a completely different life than we others. They never about an unpaid bill (unless their vices et them in trouble). They don't experience most of the thngs the same way the rest of us do. Not everyong is a Cal Ripkin of course we don't expect much from them nowadays.

Babe Ruth was not exactly a saint you know. He got into alot of trouble. Who knows how many times things were swept under the rug that did not make the papers. Mickey Mantle was a drunken fool for most of his life. He faired well in popularity. The press folks! The press!

Do you think many people today would care if the President wa in a wheelchair? I think not! In the 40's it was pretty damn important. This is not the point though. The point is that the press co-operated with the requests by the White House to not exploit the fact that he was cripple. Today we live a world where there are no shortage of 24 hour news stations and channels. They are hungary!!!!! Hungary!!! An item which might have gotton swept under the rug 50 years ago is headline news today. I somehow doubt M. Vick would have made the front page 50 years ago with this dog story.

A record was broken in Atlanta the other day. Our manager Bobby Cox was ejected once again from a baseball game. No big deal, right? I mean, hell, managers get ejected from time to time. Well, this ejection was substantial. He now holds the record for being ejected more than any other manager in history. Remember Billy Martin? Earl Weaver? Sparky? My point is, did those people leave negative reactions on your children or yourself? I think not. Now what if the 24 hour news stations continually broadcast the words that came from Bobby's mouth the moment he was being ejected. Over and over and over. Maybe start out the 6 oclock news on every channel in America with it. I assure you the Braves would have to make a business decision. It's the press people.

What is worse (don't think that I believe killing dogs is OK, it isn't!), Mick Vick dofighting and possibly killing dogs, or Theodore Kennedy drunkenly wrecking a car with a young woman (not his wife) and killing her. Clawing up her shoulders getting out her window, not reporting it, initially denying it and then what? NO JAIL TIME. So! Will in essence Mike Vick be treated fair? How about child molestors who go free or are given probation? Would that happen if the press lent as much attention to each and every accused molester? Nope!

Michael Vick has not been convicted! He's probably guilty but before he has even been to a trial we have convicted him. We wouldn't have known a thing about it in 1955. Not until he had been convicted.

Our press is out of hand!

Mick Vick is a shit and has greatly mishandled the responsibility of role modeling. What do we expect?

Watched a football game lately? They don't play football, they play killerball. Watch how many tackels are missed because enough momentum to HURT has not been acheived by the defensive lineman. He had no desire to stop the ball from travelling, he wanted to make the BIG HIT! Evey Little league coach in the world knows you don't tackle around the head, shoulders or back. You get the legs. Problem is, those tackles won't make the highlight film folks. The PRESS doesn't play those.

Our perception of the role models may be somewhat distorted. Their exposure on TV influences us more than it should. Do we the parents take the time to make our children know who the real role models are? If sports stars have to be the ones, fine. How about using the right ones. Does anyone know who does more charity work than any other baseball player? Football? Basketball?
How about pointing out to a child that the oldest professional athlete in ball sports is 49. Julio Franco. Recently released by the Braves. He is a close personal friend of George W. Bush and could possibly end up the Commisioner of Baseball if his old friend the President dosen't get the job himself.

Anything! Anything other than waiting until some shit like Vick gets into trpouble and then going, oh no another "role model" has let us down. We need to create the role models. Don't let professional sports, or the oPRESSion do it! Don't let it be video game! Get involved. As long as we do this all the professional athletes in the world can do whatever they want because we will have taught our kids to put these things in their proper prospective.

Sorry about the rant!

Gaffer
08-18-2007, 08:29 AM
Excellent rank Emmett, as usual. Can't rep you twice.

Trigg
08-18-2007, 03:28 PM
Actually....................I live in the Atlanta area and the response has been prety much......................(looks around from side to side)............................................. .............racial.

Michael Vick is a spoiled rich little bastard. Role model? Yeah, that too unfortunately. Children all over the US think he shits gold teeth. Can you imagine the degree of difficulty for a young single mom to sit down with her 11 year old to explain that M. Vick won't be on TV this year because he killed a bunch of dogs that wouldn't fight well in his illegal dog fighting world.

Why was he dog fighting mommy?

But he's a great football player mommy!

Incumbant upon those who live in the public eye is a certain expectation we all have of them to be our childrens rle models, and to be them well. The fact is, WE have to be the role models for our children and teach them carefully that things like this will happen in their lives and to never place people outside their family in too high esteem. This is important. The other night I was blessed when I had the opportunity to be at my son's house when little Tyler (6 year old grandson) came strolling through the living room while the Sports news was on and caught a glimpse of the story. Since we are from the North Georgia area and big football fans he instantly became interested. He likes Michael Vick, well, he did! He simple reply was almost shocking to me. He merely shook his head at his dad and almost matter of fact like said" He shouldn't have done that, you can't treat doggies that way!" My son has taught his children well in that area I guess.

A good role model is appreciated. I mean hell, pro athletes make millions. They live a completely different life than we others. They never about an unpaid bill (unless their vices et them in trouble). They don't experience most of the thngs the same way the rest of us do. Not everyong is a Cal Ripkin of course we don't expect much from them nowadays.

Babe Ruth was not exactly a saint you know. He got into alot of trouble. Who knows how many times things were swept under the rug that did not make the papers. Mickey Mantle was a drunken fool for most of his life. He faired well in popularity. The press folks! The press!

Do you think many people today would care if the President wa in a wheelchair? I think not! In the 40's it was pretty damn important. This is not the point though. The point is that the press co-operated with the requests by the White House to not exploit the fact that he was cripple. Today we live a world where there are no shortage of 24 hour news stations and channels. They are hungary!!!!! Hungary!!! An item which might have gotton swept under the rug 50 years ago is headline news today. I somehow doubt M. Vick would have made the front page 50 years ago with this dog story.

A record was broken in Atlanta the other day. Our manager Bobby Cox was ejected once again from a baseball game. No big deal, right? I mean, hell, managers get ejected from time to time. Well, this ejection was substantial. He now holds the record for being ejected more than any other manager in history. Remember Billy Martin? Earl Weaver? Sparky? My point is, did those people leave negative reactions on your children or yourself? I think not. Now what if the 24 hour news stations continually broadcast the words that came from Bobby's mouth the moment he was being ejected. Over and over and over. Maybe start out the 6 oclock news on every channel in America with it. I assure you the Braves would have to make a business decision. It's the press people.

What is worse (don't think that I believe killing dogs is OK, it isn't!), Mick Vick dofighting and possibly killing dogs, or Theodore Kennedy drunkenly wrecking a car with a young woman (not his wife) and killing her. Clawing up her shoulders getting out her window, not reporting it, initially denying it and then what? NO JAIL TIME. So! Will in essence Mike Vick be treated fair? How about child molestors who go free or are given probation? Would that happen if the press lent as much attention to each and every accused molester? Nope!

Michael Vick has not been convicted! He's probably guilty but before he has even been to a trial we have convicted him. We wouldn't have known a thing about it in 1955. Not until he had been convicted.

Our press is out of hand!

Mick Vick is a shit and has greatly mishandled the responsibility of role modeling. What do we expect?

Watched a football game lately? They don't play football, they play killerball. Watch how many tackels are missed because enough momentum to HURT has not been acheived by the defensive lineman. He had no desire to stop the ball from travelling, he wanted to make the BIG HIT! Evey Little league coach in the world knows you don't tackle around the head, shoulders or back. You get the legs. Problem is, those tackles won't make the highlight film folks. The PRESS doesn't play those.

Our perception of the role models may be somewhat distorted. Their exposure on TV influences us more than it should. Do we the parents take the time to make our children know who the real role models are? If sports stars have to be the ones, fine. How about using the right ones. Does anyone know who does more charity work than any other baseball player? Football? Basketball?
How about pointing out to a child that the oldest professional athlete in ball sports is 49. Julio Franco. Recently released by the Braves. He is a close personal friend of George W. Bush and could possibly end up the Commisioner of Baseball if his old friend the President dosen't get the job himself.

Anything! Anything other than waiting until some shit like Vick gets into trpouble and then going, oh no another "role model" has let us down. We need to create the role models. Don't let professional sports, or the oPRESSion do it! Don't let it be video game! Get involved. As long as we do this all the professional athletes in the world can do whatever they want because we will have taught our kids to put these things in their proper prospective.

Sorry about the rant!

So the whole point of your thread is that other people have done worse (50 years ago) so we should just forget about what Vick...allegedly....did??

Look dog fighting is illegal and cruel to the animals. IF....IF...he is guilty he should be subjected to the same punishment as all the other little people out there.

Mr. P
08-18-2007, 03:47 PM
So the whole point of your thread is that other people have done worse (50 years ago) so we should just forget about what Vick...allegedly....did??

Look dog fighting is illegal and cruel to the animals. IF....IF...he is guilty he should be subjected to the same punishment as all the other little people out there.

Zinggggg right over yer head. :read::)

emmett
08-20-2007, 01:25 PM

No! Actually it is not! There was no WHOLE point as most of my long posts never really deal with just ONE point.

Mike Vick is an irresponsible, horses ass of an immature spoiled milionaire bastard sports star. He has probably killed innocent little aninmals that could not defend themselves. IF SO, i HOPE HE GOES TO JAIL LIKE ANYONE ELSE CONVICTED OF THIS IMMORAL ACT SHOULD.

Read my post again and maybe you can (with some thought) figure out my point. My WHOLE point.

Have a nice day and thanks for participating in the debate.

actsnoblemartin
08-20-2007, 04:34 PM
agreed.

5stringJeff
08-20-2007, 04:50 PM
He's now pleading guilty, and will spend 18-36 months in jail. His NFL career is all but done.

jackass
08-20-2007, 05:06 PM
He's now pleading guilty, and will spend 18-36 months in jail. His NFL career is all but done.

Nah. SOME bad team will give him a shot! He is the next Joe Montana dont ya know??? :uhoh: