PDA

View Full Version : steam explosion in NYC

07-18-2007, 07:12 PM
Just off the wire

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070718/ap_on_re_us/manhattan_explosion

jimnyc
07-18-2007, 07:16 PM
My wife was trying to get to Grand Central to come home when this happened. She said the National Guard and all the security in the subway literally ran everyone out to the streets and evacuated the area. Of course everyone thought it was an attack. She said the buildings in the direct area were covered with debris, mud and other crap from the water system.

Kathianne
07-18-2007, 07:44 PM
We had this two nights ago, no updates. Considering the London stuff, makes one wonder:

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/471364,suv071707.article

'Fire or explosion' reported in SUV parked in front of club
(http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/471364,suv071707.article)

July 17, 2007

FROM STNG WIRE REPORTS

The police Bomb & Arson Section was investigating a "fire or explosion" in a sport-utility vehicle parked outside a nightclub early Tuesday in the River North neighborhood on the Near North Side.

About 3:20 a.m., a "fire or explosion" occurred in an SUV parked in the 300 block of West Erie Street, according to police News Affairs Officer John Henry.

There were no reports of injuries, and the incident occurred outside a nightclub, according to Henry, who did not know the name of the club.

A motive has not been determined and the police Bomb & Arson Section was investigating, Henry said.

Joan
07-18-2007, 08:18 PM
Glad Diana made it home safely, but this whole thing ruined my TV viewing pleasure! Regular channels just came back about 15 minutes ago!!

Kathianne
07-18-2007, 08:19 PM
Glad Diana made it home safely, but this whole thing ruined my TV viewing pleasure! Regular channels just came back about 15 minutes ago!!

LOL! like those that get upset at the soaps being 'interrupted!' Hope the rest of the evening is uneventful!

waterrescuedude2000
07-18-2007, 11:01 PM
I say it was a terrorist attack. Chemical weapons. I'll bet money on it. The news said one guy had the skin burned right off of him.

nevadamedic
07-18-2007, 11:04 PM
I say it was a terrorist attack. Chemical weapons. I'll bet money on it. The news said one guy had the skin burned right off of him.

Steam can burn the skin right off of someone in a heartbeat.

waterrescuedude2000
07-18-2007, 11:13 PM
But so can chemicals. Just watch the terrorists have been threatening it. And now they are gonna cover it up. By the way al quieda has found a new safe haven in pakistan according to intel released. And they caught another high ranking al quieda leader in iraq.

You know the day after 9-11. when we had hard intel we needed to nuke the capital any country supporting terrorism.

nevadamedic
07-18-2007, 11:16 PM
But so can chemicals. Just watch the terrorists have been threatening it. And now they are gonna cover it up. By the way al quieda has found a new safe haven in pakistan according to intel released. And they caught another high ranking al quieda leader in iraq.

I posted all that in another form. It may have been a bomb but I doubt a chemical weapon.