PDA

View Full Version : That great orator

jimnyc
04-07-2016, 07:46 AM
Some don't like the way Trump has spoken, his off the cuff style, his inability to sound like former presidents and candidates. Personally, I don't think it matters. But what if he suddenly started using speech writers and teleprompters and sounded better? I like him either way, and I don't need someone using written speeches, teleprompters, music and all that other crap in order to persuade the listener.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmWOOrwDUug

Gunny
04-07-2016, 07:56 AM
Some don't like the way Trump has spoken, his off the cuff style, his inability to sound like former presidents and candidates. Personally, I don't think it matters. But what if he suddenly started using speech writers and teleprompters and sounded better? I like him either way, and I don't need someone using written speeches, teleprompters, music and all that other crap in order to persuade the listener.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmWOOrwDUug

Trump is lame as an orator. There is no substance to anything he says.

jimnyc
04-07-2016, 08:04 AM

I disagree on the substance and have posted his stances endless times. You simply disagree, that doesn't mean there isn't anything there.

Fwiw - Obama was a great orator. Hillary is a great speaker. Many think they offer/offered substance.

Gunny
04-07-2016, 08:06 AM
I disagree on the substance and have posted his stances endless times. You simply disagree, that doesn't mean there isn't anything there.

Fwiw - Obama was a great orator. Hillary is a great speaker. Many think they offer/offered substance.

Feel free to disagree. From my POV, there simply is nothing in "I'm going to get wonderful people to do wonderful things" or "I'm millions and millions of votes ahead". It's not there.

jimnyc
04-07-2016, 08:18 AM
Feel free to disagree. From my POV, there simply is nothing in "I'm going to get wonderful people to do wonderful things" or "I'm millions and millions of votes ahead". It's not there.

I haven't heard anything from Ted other than "vote for me". Sorry, but stances would help, can't vote for a guy who literally stands for nothing.

Gunny
04-07-2016, 08:27 AM
I haven't heard anything from Ted other than "vote for me". Sorry, but stances would help, can't vote for a guy who literally stands for nothing.

I'm not a Cruz fan so you ain't hurting my feelings. But you could think about what you just posted. "Stands for nothing". Trump stands for grandiose plans that anyone with a first grade level of politics knows he can't do. So he stands for nothing but hot air. He's not a conservative and conservatives are not going to vote for him. They're going to stay home same as the last 2 elections and hand it over to the loserest of Dems. I don't agree with that, but it's what's rearing its ugly head.

fj1200
04-07-2016, 09:26 AM

Hillary is not a great speaker.

Umm.

https://www.tedcruz.org/issues/

jimnyc
04-07-2016, 09:51 AM
Hillary is not a great speaker.

Umm.

https://www.tedcruz.org/issues/

Odd. I posted the same about Trump and some dolts STILL claim he says nothing more than a few talking points. I guess selective reading makes some feel better. :)

jimnyc
04-07-2016, 09:52 AM
I'm not a Cruz fan so you ain't hurting my feelings. But you could think about what you just posted. "Stands for nothing". Trump stands for grandiose plans that anyone with a first grade level of politics knows he can't do. So he stands for nothing but hot air. He's not a conservative and conservatives are not going to vote for him. They're going to stay home same as the last 2 elections and hand it over to the loserest of Dems. I don't agree with that, but it's what's rearing its ugly head.

Grandiose plans are better than no plans, which seems to be all that Cruz seems to offer. Outside of lying to convince folks that others have dropped out of the race anyway. He seems to say absolutely nothing more on the trail than "Trump no good".

fj1200
04-07-2016, 09:54 AM
Odd. I posted the same about Trump and some dolts STILL claim he says nothing more than a few talking points. I guess selective reading makes some feel better. :)

Sorry. Not sure who you're talking about.

jimnyc
04-07-2016, 09:56 AM
Sorry. Not sure who you're talking about.

Not surprising. Fact is, I posted that EXACT link but for Trump, many times. YOU were even one of those claiming that he said nothing more than "I will have wonderful people..." and crap like that. Are you saying that you NEVER made such a claim - after I posted such a link?

fj1200
04-07-2016, 10:04 AM
Not surprising. Fact is, I posted that EXACT link but for Trump, many times. YOU were even one of those claiming that he said nothing more than "I will have wonderful people..." and crap like that. Are you saying that you NEVER made such a claim - after I posted such a link?

False. I posted that he had no plans on his website when he had no plans on his website. I'd probably guess that if I said that the majority of his positions were "I will have wonderful people..." it was when he had no specific plans on his website. You also suggested I research his statements which I did and found conflicting positions he had taken over time. I was also at the time waiting for the whys of people's support and the conservative basis for such but didn't get much. Of course this was all months ago and have more recently said that I do in fact like his corporate tax plan, for example, and didn't like others ones, his tariff tax plan for example.

jimnyc
04-07-2016, 10:05 AM
False. I posted that he had no plans on his website when he had no plans on his website. I'd probably guess that if I said that the majority of his positions were "I will have wonderful people..." it was when he had no specific plans on his website. You also suggested I research his statements which I did and found conflicting positions he had taken over time. I was also at the time waiting for the whys of people's support and the conservative basis for such but didn't get much. Of course this was all months ago and have more recently said that I do in fact like his corporate tax plan, for example, and didn't like others ones, his tariff tax plan for example.

Not false, that was his website, and then I turned around and posted the SAME site (ontheissues) which had his issues posted there for a long time now.

jimnyc
04-07-2016, 10:11 AM

1, not to you though - http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?50973-Trump-Disinvited-To-Red-State-Gathering&p=754866#post754866

2 - to Gunny, who made the claim like 100x - http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?53433-Rand-Paul-bumped-off-main-stage&p=791680#post791680

Perhaps it was more so others. But the "all he says is..." crap has been around very often, no matter HOW MUCH it's wrong. If I mislabeled you, I apologize. FACT is though, his stances have always been around, and some would rather claim he says nothing than discuss the actual plans, or at least acknowledge them - but it sounds better to claim he has nothing and says nothing.

Gunny
04-07-2016, 10:14 AM

Grandiose plans are better than no plans, which seems to be all that Cruz seems to offer. Outside of lying to convince folks that others have dropped out of the race anyway. He seems to say absolutely nothing more on the trail than "Trump no good".

Trump is no great orator. He's full of shit. And I'm not a Cruz fanboy so that one ain't working either. At least Cruz is within the realm of reality.

And Trump attacks Cruz's wife when his can't even speak English and has about 1 brain cell in her responses. Class move, that.:rolleyes:

jimnyc
04-07-2016, 10:19 AM
Trump is no great orator. He's full of shit. And I'm not a Cruz fanboy so that one ain't working either. At least Cruz is within the realm of reality.

And Trump attacks Cruz's wife when his can't even speak English and has about 1 brain cell in her responses. Class move, that.:rolleyes:

And cruz started with Trump's wife, but you're dumb enough to believe anything and will give him a pass? Not surprising.

I NEVER said Trump is a great orator, you may want to read again.

I believe you forgot to claim that Trump has no stances and states 2 sentences over and over! :lol:

jimnyc
04-07-2016, 10:20 AM
Btw, Trump's wife speaks 5 languages. How many does Cruz's wife speak - since you made an issue of such? If less than 5, is she a flaming idiot?

Gunny
04-07-2016, 10:25 AM
Btw, Trump's wife speaks 5 languages. How many does Cruz's wife speak - since you made an issue of such? If less than 5, is she a flaming idiot?

BTW ... if she speaks them as well as she speaks English, BFD. That means no one can understand her in 5 different languages. He was stupid to put her on the stand with himself. He isn't impressing anyone and she sure as Hell ain't.

Quit trying to make this about Cruz or his wife with me. This is about me and Trump. Not our wives, not you, and not Cruz. He's a disaster and I WILL say I told you so in November.

Gunny
04-07-2016, 10:34 AM
Oh, and I speak 3 languages. My father speaks 5. I wouldn't vote for either of us. We both like to just break sh*t.:laugh:

jimnyc
04-07-2016, 10:41 AM
BTW ... if she speaks them as well as she speaks English, BFD. That means no one can understand her in 5 different languages. He was stupid to put her on the stand with himself. He isn't impressing anyone and she sure as Hell ain't.

Quit trying to make this about Cruz or his wife with me. This is about me and Trump. Not our wives, not you, and not Cruz. He's a disaster and I WILL say I told you so in November.

So she speaks with a broken English accent, and fluently in 4 other languages. Shame that she has ZERO brain cells.

And don't make it about cruz or his wife? YOU brought them into the conversation!!

And likely, things will be so fucked up come november, that millions of folks like me will be staying home instead of voting for Cruz or whoever they toss in there. And I'll surely be saying to many I told you say as well, as the with takes office. You won't be able to say I told you so, as the party plans on screwing up things for the person I wanted to win, so he likely won't have a chance to lose and allow you to say those words.

Gunny
04-07-2016, 10:53 AM
So she speaks with a broken English accent, and fluently in 4 other languages. Shame that she has ZERO brain cells.

And don't make it about cruz or his wife? YOU brought them into the conversation!!

And likely, things will be so fucked up come november, that millions of folks like me will be staying home instead of voting for Cruz or whoever they toss in there. And I'll surely be saying to many I told you say as well, as the with takes office. You won't be able to say I told you so, as the party plans on screwing up things for the person I wanted to win, so he likely won't have a chance to lose and allow you to say those words.

I didn't intentionally bring anyone into anything. The person you want to win is no reason to stay home and it's been the same lame excuse for 2 elections and we got Obama for those making said excuses lack of effort to win. I don't like the way Patton fought wars but I'd have followed him into Hell. He could lead and he knew how to win.

I heard a new on the other day that just has cracked me up: "You're about as useful as a woodpecker with a rubber beak". :laugh2::laugh2: I'm still laughing over that one.:laugh2:

PixieStix
04-07-2016, 11:04 AM

Did you listen to the video? If not, you should. There is an absolute message. At least someone cares about the lives taken by illegal immigrants.; I think most people that hate Donald Trump just can't get past, their own stubborness

Gunny
04-07-2016, 11:09 AM
Did you listen to the video? If not, you should. There is an absolute message. At least someone cares about the lives taken by illegal immigrants.; I think most people that hate Donald Trump just can't get past, their own stubborness

There's no message. He doesn't have one. One doesn't have to "hate Donald Trump" to realize he isn't a leader, and he isn't going to win.

PixieStix
04-07-2016, 11:12 AM
There's no message. He doesn't have one. One doesn't have to "hate Donald Trump" to realize he isn't a leader, and he isn't going to win.

No message? :laugh: The message from the rest is all the same old same old. Immigration was not even an issue before Trump.

Gunny
04-07-2016, 11:19 AM
No message? :laugh: The message from the rest is all the same old same old. Immigration was not even an issue before Trump.

Yeah. And "I'm going to get wonderful people to do wonderful things" is a message. :rolleyes:

Immigration has been an issue since I was a kid. Now calculate how many voters he's alienated with his stand. 70+% of women hate him. Mexicans ain't going to like him. Blacks ain't going to like him. Yeah, he's got a message alright ... If you're white and male vote for me. He can't win.

jimnyc
04-07-2016, 11:45 AM

I've heard nothing from Cruz other than his lies "so and so dropped out don't vote for them..." BS. That IS NOT a leader either.

jimnyc
04-07-2016, 11:48 AM
Oh, and I speak 3 languages. My father speaks 5. I wouldn't vote for either of us. We both like to just break sh*t.:laugh:

I guess both of you have about 1 brain cell between you then, as apparently learning to speak various languages means jack shit, and we get to judge people based on that.

jimnyc
04-07-2016, 11:49 AM

Nor is Cruz a leader, and why the majority hate him as well. And he won't win, ain't happening. Hillary will be the new president.

Gunny
04-07-2016, 11:50 AM
I've heard nothing from Cruz other than his lies "so and so dropped out don't vote for them..." BS. That IS NOT a leader either.

Why do you keep making this about Cruz? Sure, I'd prefer him to Trump. I preferred all other candidates to Trump. No secret. But as I keep saying, I'm not a Cruz fanboy. I'm resigned to 08 redeux. Hold my nose and vote. Isn't going to matter anyway. The RNC has no control over its own party while the Dems are going to goosestep right up and vote "D". Neither Trump nor Cruz are going to beat that.

jimnyc
04-07-2016, 11:51 AM
Yeah. And "I'm going to get wonderful people to do wonderful things" is a message. :rolleyes:.

Repeating things, failure to read and comprehend & the inability to listen and comprehend - hardly means that's all he says. Your repeated use of that line shows you're a homer with no interest in learning, just tossing barbs over and over and over and over - not matter how many times you are given links and proven wrong.

"This is all he says, duhhhhh" isn't much of a message either.

jimnyc
04-07-2016, 11:52 AM
Why do you keep making this about Cruz? Sure, I'd prefer him to Trump. I preferred all other candidates to Trump. No secret. But as I keep saying, I'm not a Cruz fanboy. I'm resigned to 08 redeux. Hold my nose and vote. Isn't going to matter anyway. The RNC has no control over its own party while the Dems are going to goosestep right up and vote "D". Neither Trump nor Cruz are going to beat that.

Are you retarded? YOU take a Trump thread, bring Cruz into it - and then ask why I make it about Cruz? :lol: Go back and re-read.

jimnyc
04-07-2016, 11:54 AM

Btw, not me, after the shenanigans taking place, I will likely be staying home, voting for Trump as independent if he goes that route, or maybe a write-in. And yes, I know EXACTLY what that leads to.

Elessar
04-07-2016, 12:38 PM

Obama is a great orator, provided he has a prepared text. Otherwise, he sucks when having to
speak off the cuff. Try counting the Umm's and Ahhh's during a press conference.

Hillary is terrible. She talks down to people, acquires a selective dialect and mannerism
depending on the locale and audience.

Black Diamond
04-07-2016, 12:40 PM
Obama is a great orator, provided he has a prepared text. Otherwise, he sucks when having to
speak off the cuff. Try counting the Umm's and Ahhh's during a press conference.

Hillary is terrible. She talks down to people, acquires a selective dialect and mannerism
Hitler was better.

jimnyc
04-07-2016, 12:42 PM

I know, and honestly couldn't care less about how the others speak, or even how Trump speaks. I'm more interested in results, than hoping for someone that blows smoke up my ass.

Abbey Marie
04-07-2016, 01:13 PM

And then sometimes she starts shrieking, too. Lovely.

Abbey Marie
04-07-2016, 01:15 PM
I know, and honestly couldn't care less about how the others speak, or even how Trump speaks. I'm more interested in results, than hoping for someone that blows smoke up my ass.

I agree, and it ticked me off when people equated Carson's slower speaking style with not being aggressive enough, or whatever they all said. I guess fast-talking is THE key quality in a President these days.

jimnyc
04-07-2016, 01:24 PM
I agree, and it ticked me off when people equated Carson's slower speaking style with not being aggressive enough, or whatever they all said. I guess fast-talking is THE key quality in a President these days.

I thought at first that it was against him, but only because it took me too long to get through listening to him. That didn't last long though and I learned to love the way he takes his time and speaks. I think he's one of the most intelligent of the bunch, if not THE most intelligent. I think he cares DEEPLY about our country.

I have to wonder though. What if he made it this far and was leading. And then pick your reason, but for whatever it is the elites/RNC didn't care for him. So they are trying to kill his campaign. Trying to reel in elites to kill his campaign. Working with others to ensure he can never get the needed delegates. And then when he has the most delegates by far, gets to the convention - and then they more or less ignore how he got there and vote in someone else?

I understand, Carson is not Trump. But not liking someone is not liking someone, even if the people do like him. And working against one of your own is working against one of your own. So some of us are mad... but imagine if it were Carson - or Rubio made it this far? It wouldn't fly no matter WHO is being treated as such, IMO.

Black Diamond
04-07-2016, 01:28 PM
I thought at first that it was against him, but only because it took me too long to get through listening to him. That didn't last long though and I learned to love the way he takes his time and speaks. I think he's one of the most intelligent of the bunch, if not THE most intelligent. I think he cares DEEPLY about our country.

I have to wonder though. What if he made it this far and was leading. And then pick your reason, but for whatever it is the elites/RNC didn't care for him. So they are trying to kill his campaign. Trying to reel in elites to kill his campaign. Working with others to ensure he can never get the needed delegates. And then when he has the most delegates by far, gets to the convention - and then they more or less ignore how he got there and vote in someone else?

I understand, Carson is not Trump. But not liking someone is not liking someone, even if the people do like him. And working against one of your own is working against one of your own. So some of us are mad... but imagine if it were Carson - or Rubio made it this far? It wouldn't fly no matter WHO is being treated as such, IMO.

Cruz would have screwed Carson for sure. Oh wait. He already did.

Gunny
04-07-2016, 02:00 PM
Repeating things, failure to read and comprehend & the inability to listen and comprehend - hardly means that's all he says. Your repeated use of that line shows you're a homer with no interest in learning, just tossing barbs over and over and over and over - not matter how many times you are given links and proven wrong.

"This is all he says, duhhhhh" isn't much of a message either.

I disagree. There's nothing to learn from Trump. He's a typical businessman. Worked for them developers for years as a commercial electrician. My repeated used of nailing the tail on the donkey is nailing the tail on the donkey.

You're making this personal. I am not. I'm not tossing any more barbs at Trump than I do anyone else. I criticize him which is my right to do so. I don't hear anyone complaining when I call Obama O-blah-lah which I have for 8 years. You stick your d*ck in the door with me, no crying when I slam it on the MF-er.

You haven't proven me wrong yet. All you have proven is you can be just like my pain in the ass little brother who thinks for some reason "DON'T CALL ME AT 2AM " means call me at 2 AM. I don't care about your links nor your videos. If I want to watch youtube or read the news, I have youtube and google. You've proven nothing except that you and indago have something in common. I CAN tell you what I see. Nothing like the elephant in the room. Trump's an idiot politically and worse than a recruit with his mouth.

As far s his wife is concerned, you know how I feel about dragging family members into sh*t, so he shouldn't have done so. It's on him.

jimnyc
04-07-2016, 02:12 PM
I disagree. There's nothing to learn from Trump. He's a typical businessman. Worked for them developers for years as a commercial electrician. My repeated used of nailing the tail on the donkey is nailing the tail on the donkey.

You're making this personal. I am not. I'm not tossing any more barbs at Trump than I do anyone else. I criticize him which is my right to do so. I don't hear anyone complaining when I call Obama O-blah-lah which I have for 8 years. You stick your d*ck in the door with me, no crying when I slam it on the MF-er.

You haven't proven me wrong yet. All you have proven is you can be just like my pain in the ass little brother who thinks for some reason "DON'T CALL ME AT 2AM " means call me at 2 AM. I don't care about your links nor your videos. If I want to watch youtube or read the news, I have youtube and google. You've proven nothing except that you and indago have something in common. I CAN tell you what I see. Nothing like the elephant in the room. Trump's an idiot politically and worse than a recruit with his mouth.

As far s his wife is concerned, you know how I feel about dragging family members into sh*t, so he shouldn't have done so. It's on him.

I have zero issue with you and Trump, you can hate him for all I care. It's just irritating when folks refuse to watch and read things - and then make claims about Trump - when the things they refuse to read and watch prove them wrong. You may not like his stances, you may disagree with them - but that hardly means that in 8 months he has never brought them up and only states a few sentences. That's not criticizing, that's ignoring. But if you want to continue stating every now and again that he has no plans and all he talks about his "wonderful people" - then I'll point out how ignorant you are being each and every time. That's not personal, that's simple debating 101. It's not my problem if you don't know his stances.

Proven you wrong? LOL I don't need to. Each time you go lame and claim the stuff about Trump, that he doesn't talk issues and such, you prove yourself wrong. I just punch it in a little harder for effect. But hey - if you truly believe that it's all he ever says, go for it. But again, it's just irritating is all. Kind of hard to have a discussion/debate if someone outright refuses to read/watch things, but wants to still talk about the things within that media, that they refuse to watch/read. Weird.

I think Cruz is MUCH worse and a known liar. No biggie to me, he ain't getting my vote anyway.

As for one's wife - Cruz brought up Melania first, just playing games like TF does here about her. And worse, then claims innocence after the fact. Sorry if I don't fall for that bullshit.

Black Diamond
04-07-2016, 02:21 PM

Yes. Cruz should have left Melania out of it.

Gunny
04-07-2016, 02:25 PM
I have zero issue with you and Trump, you can hate him for all I care. It's just irritating when folks refuse to watch and read things - and then make claims about Trump - when the things they refuse to read and watch prove them wrong. You may not like his stances, you may disagree with them - but that hardly means that in 8 months he has never brought them up and only states a few sentences. That's not criticizing, that's ignoring. But if you want to continue stating every now and again that he has no plans and all he talks about his "wonderful people" - then I'll point out how ignorant you are being each and every time. That's not personal, that's simple debating 101. It's not my problem if you don't know his stances.

Proven you wrong? LOL I don't need to. Each time you go lame and claim the stuff about Trump, that he doesn't talk issues and such, you prove yourself wrong. I just punch it in a little harder for effect. But hey - if you truly believe that it's all he ever says, go for it. But again, it's just irritating is all. Kind of hard to have a discussion/debate if someone outright refuses to read/watch things, but wants to still talk about the things within that media, that they refuse to watch/read. Weird.

I think Cruz is MUCH worse and a known liar. No biggie to me, he ain't getting my vote anyway.

As for one's wife - Cruz brought up Melania first, just playing games like TF does here about her. And worse, then claims innocence after the fact. Sorry if I don't fall for that bullshit.

I watch him pretty much every day. I seem to can't get him off my TV. I hear and see what Harry the Eagle says. And you might want to (A) back off the laughing when you have not proven me wrong and (B) stop making this personal.

I will repeat. Again. I'm not a member of this board to watch videos and/or read a wall of words. I can do that without you. I am a member to interact with others and hear their opinions. I can't get Trump off my tube so I see and hear what he says. Which is not a damned thing. I don't need the written version to figure it out. I can read people better than you can read a book. As long as they aren't female.:laugh:

Black Diamond
04-07-2016, 02:27 PM
I watch him pretty much every day. I seem to can't get him off my TV. I hear and see what Harry the Eagle says. And you might want to (A) back off the laughing when you have not proven me wrong and (B) stop making this personal.

I will repeat. Again. I'm not a member of this board to watch videos and/or read a wall of words. I can do that without you. I am a member to interact with others and hear their opinions. I can't get Trump off my tube so I see and hear what he says. Which is not a damned thing. I don't need the written version to figure it out. I can read people better than you can read a book. As long as they aren't female.:laugh:I am happy youll be on the Trump train in November. :).

jimnyc
04-07-2016, 02:29 PM

I will repeat. Again. I'm not a member of this board to watch videos and/or read a wall of words. I can do that without you. I am a member to interact with others and hear their opinions. I can't get Trump off my tube so I see and hear what he says. Which is not a damned thing. I don't need the written version to figure it out. I can read people better than you can read a book. As long as they aren't female.:laugh:

So you won't read.

What you are seeing on your tube, these are his events that are all about an hour to an hour and a half long? And not just the news you are speaking of? And you watch one of his events, or hear it because you can't get rid of it - and he has never spoken about his stances? Only about the wonderful people he would get?

And it's not just because you disagree with those stances?

Do you SERIOUSLY expect ANYONE to believe that? :poke:

Abbey Marie
04-07-2016, 02:36 PM

I'm actually fine with Dr. Carson not getting the nom. It prob would have ruined him anyway. It is the reasons why he lost it that bugged me. The things that people think make or don't make a good President are incredible to me. It says so much about the people with whom I share this country and even this party.

Before Dr. Carson dropped out, I switched to Rubio, because I believed (and the polls indicated) that he had the best shot at beating Hillary. Gotta keep your eyes on the prize, imo. And also because I believe he has a good/moral spirit about him. Both things I think are not present in our current two choices.

One thing is for sure- the Dems are too savvy to turn on their own like we do. You can bet that even if Bozo the Clown is their nominee, they will vote for him. We appear to be unwilling to stay the course.

Black Diamond
04-07-2016, 02:38 PM
I'm actually fine with Dr. Carson not getting the nom. It prob would have ruined him anyway. It is the reasons why he lost it that bugged me. The things that people think make or don't make a good President are incredible to me. It says so much about he people with whom I share this country and even this party.

Before Dr. Carson dropped out, I switched to Rubio, because I believed (and the polls indicated) that he had the best shot at beating Hillary. Gotta keep your eyes on the prize, imo. And also because I believe he has a good/moral spirit about him. Both things I think are not present in our current two choices.

One thing is for sure- the Dems are too savvy to turn on their own like we do. You can bet they even if Bozo the Clown is their nominee, they will vote for him. We appear to be unwilling to stay the course.

I don't vote based on electability. I did that last time and was rewarded with four years of Obama and a Romney lapel pin. I still want my $100 back.

Abbey Marie
04-07-2016, 02:41 PM
I don't vote based on electability. I did that last time and was rewarded with four years of Obama and a Romney lapel pin. I still want my $100 back.

Once could argue that is exactly why we got Obama. I recall people saying they would stay home or go 3rd party rather than vote for Romney (or McCain).

Gunny
04-07-2016, 02:42 PM
I am happy youll be on the Trump train in November. :).

I will do my part to win, even in a losing effort. Hell, I voted for McCain and Trump's a choirboy IMO compared to him.

Black Diamond
04-07-2016, 02:48 PM
Once could argue that is exactly why we got Obama. I recall people saying they would stay home or go 3rd party rather than vote for Romney (or McCain).

I heard that too re Romney . There was a lot of "Romney's in a cult"among Christians.

Gunny
04-07-2016, 02:52 PM
So you won't read.

What you are seeing on your tube, these are his events that are all about an hour to an hour and a half long? And not just the news you are speaking of? And you watch one of his events, or hear it because you can't get rid of it - and he has never spoken about his stances? Only about the wonderful people he would get?

And it's not just because you disagree with those stances?

Do you SERIOUSLY expect ANYONE to believe that? :poke:

No goof. I have ADHD and limited time. It isn't a "won't" thing.

What I see on the tube is called Donald Trump running his mouth. My hearing is fine, as well as my comprehension skills which aren't clouded by my emotions. The few, neanderthal stances he's taken don't impress me when reality says he can't accomplish even one of them. And, every time he's taken a stance he's kinda put his dick in the door. His comment on abortion is classic. He proves his inexperience at every moving of his lips. And someone should take away his twitter account. Dumb move from the get-go. What do y'all call that crap? Social media? You people playing on that shit need your heads examined.

Kathianne
04-07-2016, 02:57 PM
With both Romney/McCain I knew either was better than Kerry/Obama without doubt. Neither would have been my choice, but no doubt they'd be better than the alternative.

This time? I can't go for Trump or either Dem.

fj1200
04-08-2016, 12:41 PM
Not false, that was his website, and then I turned around and posted the SAME site (ontheissues) which had his issues posted there for a long time now.

Definitely false. At the time he had no positions on his website so I turned up the site you mentioned which did have some of his positions going back quite some time and some were in fact contradictory. My question then was why should a conservative support him?

Perhaps it was more so others.

Then don't include me in your blanket statements.

jimnyc
04-08-2016, 12:57 PM
Definitely false. At the time he had no positions on his website so I turned up the site you mentioned which did have some of his positions going back quite some time and some were in fact contradictory. My question then was why should a conservative support him?

Then don't include me in your blanket statements.

I apologized, but you cut that out to be a dick instead. This is why so many are ignoring you and placing you on ignore. Fuck off.

fj1200
04-08-2016, 01:05 PM
I apologized, but you cut that out to be a dick instead. This is why so many are ignoring you and placing you on ignore. Fuck off.

I was just requesting not to be included in blanket statements.

If I mislabeled you, I apologize.

:salute:

Gunny
04-08-2016, 01:20 PM
I was just requesting not to be included in blanket statements.

:salute:

Ummm ... this IS an internet message board? You're asking a LOT.

fj1200
04-08-2016, 01:25 PM
Ummm ... this IS an internet message board? You're asking a LOT.

Which is why I wondered who was being talked about. :)

Gunny
04-08-2016, 02:32 PM
Which is why I wondered who was being talked about. :)

Who knows? My favorite at the moment is I'm automatically a Cruz supporter because I don't like Trump. Never mind I haven't liked Trump since Day One when there were 17 candidates and I made my preferences know. YOU, on the other hand -- I'm POSITIVE they were talking about YOU. :laugh:

fj1200
04-09-2016, 09:09 AM
Who knows? My favorite at the moment is I'm automatically a Cruz supporter because I don't like Trump. Never mind I haven't liked Trump since Day One when there were 17 candidates and I made my preferences know. YOU, on the other hand -- I'm POSITIVE they were talking about YOU. :laugh:

Incorrectly it would seem. ;)

aboutime
04-09-2016, 08:27 PM

jimnyc. Here's a photo of fj's BLANKETS......
http://icansayit.com/images/dung.jpg

Problem is...there ain't enough to cover any fj's....

Gunny
04-10-2016, 01:22 AM
Incorrectly it would seem. ;)

Yeah, well, your fan base showed up so I'm outtie. I can start my own personal pissing contests just fine without getting into ones that mean nothing to me.

fj1200
04-11-2016, 09:09 AM
Yeah, well, your fan base showed up so I'm outtie. I can start my own personal pissing contests just fine without getting into ones that mean nothing to me.

I have a fan base? :eek: That certainly would be news.

tailfins
04-11-2016, 10:46 AM

Supreme Court nominees: Nothing but platitudes
Abortion: Test markets contradictory messages
Ethanol subsidies: He for them

Listen to his New York state stump speeches promising to bring home the bacon.

Trump has "walked back" several of his positions.

I enjoy his entertainment, but know a joke when I see one.

Furthermore, if he can't run a campaign, how do you expect him to run a country or even be competitive against Hillary?

tailfins
04-11-2016, 10:48 AM

Don't sell yourself short; you're quite popular around here.

Gunny
04-11-2016, 04:56 PM

Don't sell yourself short; you're quite popular around here.

Oh yeah you do. :laugh2:

glockmail
04-12-2016, 12:45 PM

I'm trying to make sense of the second post after reading the first. :slap:

Gunny
04-12-2016, 02:31 PM

One is defined more by one's enemies than one's friends.

fj1200
04-12-2016, 03:12 PM
One is define more by one's enemies than one's friends.

Hmm...