PDA

View Full Version : Spaghetti sauce gone bad

jimnyc
04-07-2016, 02:58 PM
It was of the frozen variety, also filled with meatballs and sausage. It was a HUGE amount saved in tupperware. So I'm using the crockpot to cook, and gonna make the pasta at the last minute. So I put the frozen sauce into the crock pot, turn it on high and then leave. I come back like an hour later and I see sauce dripping around the counter. I see it dripping out from underneath the crock pot. They have 2 valve like looking things under there, and it seemed to be coming out of the one on the left.

So I turned it off and put the entire thing in the sink. I wanted to look between the pot itself, and the heating element it sits within, to see what the hell is going wrong. I think I found out what the problem is. :)

Here is the pot that is supposed to HOLD the sauce and meatballs:

http://i.imgur.com/hxtCkQj.jpg

And here is the semi-frozen sauce, sitting on the bottom of the element, not heating up, because it was too busy dripping out the bottom. I don't know if putting something frozen in there caused this, or if it was put away broken, or if it was just it's time to croak.

http://i.imgur.com/Zoeysmz.jpg

Gunny
04-07-2016, 03:00 PM
No wonder Jeff moved to Georgia. Get as far away from your dumb ass as he could. :laugh:

jimnyc
04-07-2016, 03:04 PM
No wonder @Jeff (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=1539) moved to Georgia. Get as far away from your dumb ass as he could. :laugh:

I blame this on YOU too! You are bad luck.

But hell, first off, I didn't physically break it. And secondly, the woman is the one who told me to take it out and heat in there as opposed to stovetop. I'm clear on this one!! Besides, I hated that one anyway and have been nagging her to get a new one. This sucker was OLD. In cats years it would be like 105 years old.

A man is only as good as the tools he has! :lol:

jimnyc
04-07-2016, 03:05 PM
No wonder @Jeff (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=1539) moved to Georgia. Get as far away from your dumb ass as he could. :laugh:

Btw, I was only like 18 or 19ish when Jeff moved? I was still smart back then. It was before old age. And the drugs and drinking. :poke:

Kathianne
04-07-2016, 03:08 PM
Too much sauce in frozen condition. The pot heated to quickly, causing the ceramic to crack. Hasn't happened to me, but I assume the same principle as if you heated a cold glass with hot liquid? Ceramic would take more, but it probably was the quantity to ceramic.

Gunny
04-07-2016, 03:09 PM
Btw, I was only like 18 or 19ish when Jeff moved? I was still smart back then. It was before old age. And the drugs and drinking. :poke:

He couldn't get away quick enough huh? :laugh:

jimnyc
04-07-2016, 03:11 PM
Too much sauce in frozen condition. The pot heated to quickly, causing the ceramic to crack. Hasn't happened to me, but I assume the same principle as if you heated a cold glass with hot liquid? Ceramic would take more, but it probably was the quantity to ceramic.

That's about what I was thinking, but it sounded much dumber in my head than how you wrote it. But I can't wait for the woman to get home. It was HER idea, so I get to rub her nose in it on this one. AND I get to order a pizza! :thumb:

Gunny
04-07-2016, 03:14 PM

You girls are S-O-O-O dense sometimes. Jim was trying to get rid of the ancient crock pot. Age old trick. You just have to figure out how to do it and look innocent. :halounplugged:

jimnyc
04-07-2016, 03:14 PM
He couldn't get away quick enough huh? :laugh:

It's possible! I think him and my Dad moved down there about the same time, or not far off. Not having me along for the ride was just a bonus.

Kathianne
04-07-2016, 03:15 PM
You girls are S-O-O-O dense sometimes. Jim was trying to get rid of the ancient crock pot. Age old trick. You just have to figure out how to do it and look innocent. :halounplugged:

Nope, that's more a woman thang. ;) Think of the leg lamp in "Christmas Story." Guys will just go buy a new one. LOL!

jimnyc
04-07-2016, 03:15 PM

I'm not only innocent, I have her words in writing both in text AND in an email. She's screwed on this one.

Gunny
04-07-2016, 03:18 PM
Nope, that's more a woman thang. ;) Think of the leg lamp in "Christmas Story." Guys will just go buy a new one. LOL!

Yep. Guilty. I will do it in a heartbeat. I don't need great-great grandma's crock pot. :laugh:

Gunny
04-07-2016, 03:22 PM
It's possible! I think him and my Dad moved down there about the same time, or not far off. Not having me along for the ride was just a bonus.

Your whole family abandoned you? :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

I'm not even sure what to say here ...:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

jimnyc
04-07-2016, 03:40 PM
Your whole family abandoned you? :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

I'm not even sure what to say here ...:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

They left the other 2 behind as well. Shoulda taken them too! And Mom of course, but she was cool as hell.

Gunny
04-07-2016, 03:42 PM
They left the other 2 behind as well. Shoulda taken them too! And Mom of course, but she was cool as hell.

Well hell, you just banned them, so WTF? :laugh2:

jimnyc
04-07-2016, 03:44 PM
Well hell, you just banned them, so WTF? :laugh2:

That should have been their hint!!

I sent the wife a text about 30 minutes ago that just said "I know why the crock pot broke". No "why" in response, no response at all. I had texted her the pictures. I think she knows what happened, and now knows that I know, and she knows that she's gonna get it when she gets home! :laugh2:

Gunny
04-07-2016, 03:56 PM
That should have been their hint!!

I sent the wife a text about 30 minutes ago that just said "I know why the crock pot broke". No "why" in response, no response at all. I had texted her the pictures. I think she knows what happened, and now knows that I know, and she knows that she's gonna get it when she gets home! :laugh2:

She's going to send you back to babysitting Janeen's dogs. :laugh:

Abbey Marie
04-07-2016, 04:30 PM
This whole story sounds like a crock.

:laugh2:

Black Diamond
04-07-2016, 04:35 PM
This whole story sounds like a crock.

:laugh2:

I was going to say that. What was the picture you posted of the Vulcan mind meld?? :lol:

Bilgerat
04-07-2016, 04:37 PM
This falls into the same category as when the Bosn Mates would break something and then complain to the Snipes.

Our standard answer; "First you have to be smarter than the equipment you're using". :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Gunny
04-07-2016, 04:38 PM
I was going to say that. What was the picture you posted of the Vulcan mind meld?? :lol:

Don't pick on Jim and his siblings. All their names start with a "J". And he thinks he can pick on me. :laugh:

crin63
04-07-2016, 04:54 PM
It was of the frozen variety, also filled with meatballs and sausage. It was a HUGE amount saved in tupperware. So I'm using the crockpot to cook, and gonna make the pasta at the last minute. So I put the frozen sauce into the crock pot, turn it on high and then leave. I come back like an hour later and I see sauce dripping around the counter. I see it dripping out from underneath the crock pot. They have 2 valve like looking things under there, and it seemed to be coming out of the one on the left.

So I turned it off and put the entire thing in the sink. I wanted to look between the pot itself, and the heating element it sits within, to see what the hell is going wrong. I think I found out what the problem is. :)

And here is the semi-frozen sauce, sitting on the bottom of the element, not heating up, because it was too busy dripping out the bottom. I don't know if putting something frozen in there caused this, or if it was put away broken, or if it was just it's time to croak.

Forget the crockpot it's tragic loss of spaghetti sauce. I would be bummed over that one.

jimnyc
04-07-2016, 04:58 PM
Don't pick on Jim and his siblings. All their names start with a "J". And he thinks he can pick on me. :laugh:

And all have the middle name starting with an R as well.

jimnyc
04-07-2016, 04:59 PM
Forget the crockpot it's tragic loss of spaghetti sauce. I would be bummed over that one.

Not exactly. I do like the sauce, but I prefer it all fresh, not frozen. And now I get to order a pizza as soon as she gets home, and in my book a pizza beats almost everything!

crin63
04-07-2016, 05:04 PM
Not exactly. I do like the sauce, but I prefer it all fresh, not frozen. And now I get to order a pizza as soon as she gets home, and in my book a pizza beats almost everything!

You got me there! It's hard to beat pizza.

My wife makes fantastic spaghetti sauce and even after it's been frozen it's just as good.

jimnyc
04-07-2016, 05:13 PM
You got me there! It's hard to beat pizza.

My wife makes fantastic spaghetti sauce and even after it's been frozen it's just as good.

Oh man, I jinxed myself. Now my wife said she is stopping to get Mexican on her way home. I hate Mexican food. :puke:

Gunny
04-07-2016, 05:25 PM
And all have the middle name starting with an R as well.

Did you REALLY have to tell me that? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Gunny
04-07-2016, 05:27 PM
Oh man, I jinxed myself. Now my wife said she is stopping to get Mexican on her way home. I hate Mexican food. :puke:

You wouldn't if you lived here. You know, where Mexicans make the Mexican food? Y'all's idea of Mexican food is Taco Hell. :slap:

indago
04-07-2016, 06:21 PM
I'm not only innocent, I have her words in writing both in text AND in an email. She's screwed on this one.

No she's not! You put it on HIGH! Shoulda put it on LOW!

indago
04-07-2016, 06:25 PM

Yeah! Good Ol' Pizza'nBeer...

indago
04-07-2016, 06:27 PM

"The Woman" is gonna punish you for breaking her crock pot...

Gunny
04-07-2016, 06:31 PM
"The Woman" is gonna punish you for breaking her crock pot...

She apparently already did if she bought him NYC Mexican food. :laugh:

crin63
04-07-2016, 07:27 PM

HAHAHAHAHA and now I'm going to have pizza because of this. My daughter came home and she's been craving pizza for 2 days. She said they've been having pizza fundraisers at school.

Bilgerat
04-07-2016, 07:32 PM
She apparently already did if she bought him NYC Mexican food. :laugh:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CW4n2kaUAAAAooe.jpg

tailfins
04-07-2016, 09:02 PM
Why not just have your wife run out and get another crock pot for $25 ?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/crock-pot-4-quart-oval-slow-cooker-red/7824937.p?id=1142295494524&skuId=7824937

Gunny
04-08-2016, 12:31 AM

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/crock-pot-4-quart-oval-slow-cooker-red/7824937.p?id=1142295494524&skuId=7824937

You ever tried to tell your wife what to do? Boy, are YOU ever lost in the sauce. You got to make them think it's THEIR idea or you're just screwed. :slap: I can see me now hypothetically speaking " Oh Kathianne , I just killed your crockpot." Just shoot me now and get it over with. Ain't no place to hide in THAT house, bubba.

I've been accused of not getting women over the years but YOU got me beat. You can be the winner here. :laugh:

Gunny
04-08-2016, 12:44 AM

I'll add this: women like their damned dishes. I don't get it any more than you. What I DO get is they like their damned dishes. You shut up and wash them. They can use 10 of them things to do what takes me 1 saucepan. You got to figure out what's worth fighting for. I ain't fighting over no damned dishes. There's no principle. They like their damned dishes so let them have the damned things.

They like stupid little flowers in the garden too. I plant and water them. They don't do anything for me. But it makes HER happy so I do it.

Sometimes you just turn off the logic button and do things that make others happy. I've been a lot of places and seen a lot of things. If I can just put a smile on your face, it's worth the effort.

Bilgerat
04-08-2016, 06:01 AM
I'll add this: women like their damned dishes. I don't get it any more than you. What I DO get is they like their damned dishes. You shut up and wash them. They can use 10 of them things to do what takes me 1 saucepan. You got to figure out what's worth fighting for. I ain't fighting over no damned dishes. There's no principle. They like their damned dishes so let them have the damned things.

They like stupid little flowers in the garden too. I plant and water them. They don't do anything for me. But it makes HER happy so I do it.

Sometimes you just turn off the logic button and do things that make others happy. I've been a lot of places and seen a lot of things. If I can just put a smile on your face, it's worth the effort.

Prophetic words!

jimnyc
04-08-2016, 06:25 AM
She still tries to blame me! I show her the email/text. It says to place the ENTIRE thing in there, directly from the freezer. And then she's like "why would you put the entire thing in there, or not warm it a little first?". WTF??? I'm no mind reader, nor some damn chef!!

Gunny
04-08-2016, 06:25 AM
Prophetic words!

I'm far from being prophetic. I've just learned over the years that it isn't worth the effort to ask "why" when there isn't going to be a reason I'm going to understand. Women like goofy crap and you just let them have it. I've been on the wrong end of arguing over some of the dumbest sh*t (to me) -- completely illogical and not worth a second glance -- but it matters to THEM. There ain't no living with them and you might as well try prying out some wisdom teeth as get them to tell you WHY they are pissed at you.

No thanks. I choose my battles wisely. Hope Jim enjoyed his NYC Mexican food. :laugh:

jimnyc
04-08-2016, 06:26 AM

That's funny, looks just like the one I HAD.

But I'm the beotch in the relationship, and if anyone will be going out to buy a new one, it will be me. Probably hit up my favorite store - Amazon!! :)

And if I told her to just run out and get a new one? Then we may not get a new one. And I may not get dinner either. :(

Gunny
04-08-2016, 06:37 AM
That's funny, looks just like the one I HAD.

But I'm the beotch in the relationship, and if anyone will be going out to buy a new one, it will be me. Probably hit up my favorite store - Amazon!! :)

And if I told her to just run out and get a new one? Then we may not get a new one. And I may not get dinner either. :(

I'm just happy YOU are the f*cker in trouble and not me. :laugh:

jimnyc
04-08-2016, 06:39 AM
I'm just happy YOU are the f*cker in trouble and not me. :laugh:

Now she's texting me this morning nagging about some damn bank fee from the ATM. Man, I'm really in the dog house.

Gunny
04-08-2016, 06:42 AM
Now she's texting me this morning nagging about some damn bank fee from the ATM. Man, I'm really in the dog house.

Yep. You're screwed (or not). Messing with the little lady's dishes. You should have had the high-speed, low-drag replacement on hand to present to her the second you told her you killed the old one. :laugh: You can forget that snowblower too. :laugh2:

Kathianne
04-08-2016, 06:46 AM
You ever tried to tell your wife what to do? Boy, are YOU ever lost in the sauce. You got to make them think it's THEIR idea or you're just screwed. :slap: I can see me now hypothetically speaking " Oh @Kathianne (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=8) , I just killed your crockpot." Just shoot me now and get it over with. Ain't no place to hide in THAT house, bubba.

I've been accused of not getting women over the years but YOU got me beat. You can be the winner here. :laugh:

Actually I'd say, "Thank you dear, going shopping for my new crockpots, won't be $25 either!"

jimnyc
04-08-2016, 06:46 AM
Yep. You're screwed (or not). Messing with the little lady's dishes. You should have had the high-speed, low-drag replacement on hand to present to her the second you told her you killed the old one. :laugh: You can forget that snowblower too. :laugh2:

Oh, I'm getting that snowblower!!

I know I have a picture of your old bald noggin somewhere on this site. I'm gonna send it to her and tell her that YOU gave me some cooking advice. :thumb:

Gunny
04-08-2016, 06:58 AM
Oh, I'm getting that snowblower!!

I know I have a picture of your old bald noggin somewhere on this site. I'm gonna send it to her and tell her that YOU gave me some cooking advice. :thumb:

Douche. It's in my profile. You can't blame me. I know better. I bust the crock pot around here and there'll be 3 replacements before Monday. You can forget THAT crap. I just shut up and wash the damned thing. :laugh:

indago
04-08-2016, 07:10 AM
You can probably order a new crock insert for the crock pot, if you can clean up the old cradle part, and still have the old working crock pot.

I got my daughter one of these:

Cooking (http://www.powerpressurecooker.com/?gclid=CMvZyrv-_ssCFQqsaQod0ZQEvQ)

I ordered the 8 qt. one. It has pressure cooker feature, and slow cooker feature: comes with a glass top for the slow cooker part.

She makes a conglomerate soup on the weekends sometimes, freezes it, and then puts it in the cooker bucket during the week and pressure cooks it for 20 minutes and they have a conglomerate soup for supper: quick and easy. The bucket is metal so putting a freezing soup into it and then turning on the heat doesn't bother it.

She uses it for a lot of other things too. It comes with a recipe book. Easy to use.

Gunny
04-08-2016, 07:11 AM
You can probably order a new crock insert for the crock pot, if you can clean up the old cradle part, and still have the old working crock pot.

I ordered the 8 qt. one. It has pressure cooker feature, and slow cooker feature: comes with a glass top for the slow cooker part.

She makes a conglomerate soup on the weekends sometimes, freezes it, and then puts it in the cooker bucket during the week and pressure cooks it for 20 minutes and they have a conglomerate soup for supper: quick and easy. The bucket is metal so putting a freezing soup into it and then turning on the heat doesn't bother it.

She uses it for a lot of other things too. It comes with a recipe book. Easy to use.

Gee, did someone have to get serious?

Kathianne
04-08-2016, 07:12 AM

Yeppers, that's what I'd get to replace my old one, which long ago wasn't $25. LOL! Damn things are sturdy though, unless Jim gets his hands on them!

tailfins
04-08-2016, 07:15 AM
She still tries to blame me! I show her the email/text. It says to place the ENTIRE thing in there, directly from the freezer. And then she's like "why would you put the entire thing in there, or not warm it a little first?". WTF??? I'm no mind reader, nor some damn chef!!

If you were a chef, you wouldn't be using frozen ingredients.

indago
04-08-2016, 07:17 AM
Gee, did someone have to get serious?

Hey, cooking is a serious business...

Kathianne
04-08-2016, 07:19 AM
Jim's preferences aside, spaghetti sauce is one of those dishes that improves after cooking. Most stews too, improve, IF you don't freeze potatoes. Chili and broth based soups too-same caveat regarding potatoes applies to pastas.

indago
04-08-2016, 07:21 AM

The problem was the ice cold ingredients on one side of the crock, and the heat on the other side. The crock material couldn't take the rapid expansion differential and broke. Maybe the lower heat setting would have covered this.

Gunny
04-08-2016, 07:23 AM
Hey, cooking is a serious business...

Did it for a living before I was a Marine. What you're missing is WOMEN are serious business. If you don't show up with the "deluxe" version as replacement, and the window sticker doesn't say more than the last one, you can just forget those romantic weekend plans. They ain't happening. You're going to get "the look" all weekend. Guilt trip Hell.

I'm buying in on the new improved crockpot. If I want to argue, it ain't going to be over some woman's dishes. They take that sh*t serious. Try throwing away just one spoon and see what happens. Can't find their damned car keys but screw with one of their kitchen items. No thanks. :laugh:

jimnyc
04-08-2016, 07:32 AM
Douche. It's in my profile. You can't blame me. I know better. I bust the crock pot around here and there'll be 3 replacements before Monday. You can forget THAT crap. I just shut up and wash the damned thing. :laugh:

Nah, there's another from a few years back, that whatever her name was posted, was you, her, and the boys sitting on a couch, and of course your shiny head. I have a very good memory, but still too lazy to go look for it. :)

indago
04-08-2016, 07:33 AM
Around forty years ago I purchased — through mail order — a cast iron slow cooker called Olde Ironsides. It is a cast iron dutch oven type bucket with a glass lid that fits into a surrounding cradle. It has a LOW and HIGH setting. I used it for quite a few years. Now it is back into its original box and stashed away in the garage. One of my daughters says she wants it. She remembers some of the good food items that were made in it and wants to duplicate those good times for her family.

jimnyc
04-08-2016, 07:33 AM

No way! I'm trying to get a new one out of this!! The old one is probably like 15 years old. The inside has like some scratches or something, and you can feel it when scrubbing it clean and it just annoys me. And since the kitchen cleaning is my job, I better get a damn say in the dishes and other utilities! :)

jimnyc
04-08-2016, 07:36 AM
The problem was the ice cold ingredients on one side of the crock, and the heat on the other side. The crock material couldn't take the rapid expansion differential and broke. Maybe the lower heat setting would have covered this.

Between what Kath wrote yesterday, what you just wrote & what I found on the internet, I'm confident that's 100% what happened.

It is possible about the lower setting. But it was HER who said she forgot what she wanted me to cook for dinner, and to please take that crap out, and then place in the crock on high. And yet I'm still wrong. Folks warned me about this stuff before I got married!! :)

"Entire set of Brittanica Encyclopedias for sale. No longer need them, wife knows everything" :laugh:

Gunny
04-08-2016, 07:41 AM
Between what Kath wrote yesterday, what you just wrote & what I found on the internet, I'm confident that's 100% what happened.

It is possible about the lower setting. But it was HER who said she forgot what she wanted me to cook for dinner, and to please take that crap out, and then place in the crock on high. And yet I'm still wrong. Folks warned me about this stuff before I got married!! :)

"Entire set of Brittanica Encyclopedias for sale. No longer need them, wife knows everything" :laugh:

You might figure that out in a couple more years. How long have you been married and WHEN were you ever right? :slap:

Kathianne
04-13-2016, 06:16 PM
Jim, did you get a new crockpot?

Gunny
04-13-2016, 06:52 PM

Probably bought 2 if he wants that snowblower. :laugh:

jimnyc
04-14-2016, 06:09 AM

Not yet, but I think I'm getting closer! I'm hoping to find one that has more options, maybe a timer as well, and easier to clean! So far this is the leader, but more expensive than the others.

Its a Cuisinart MSC-600

https://i.imgur.com/BChPX2v.jpg

Kathianne
04-14-2016, 09:23 AM
All of our posts that followed this seem to have disappeared!

Anyways, to continue the gist of our conversation, here is a review of the instapot BEFORE it got 'smart.' From the Amazon reviews, it's only gotten better.

http://www.motherearthnews.com/real-food/best-electric-pressure-cooker-zb0z1404zmat.aspx

Not yet, but I think I'm getting closer! I'm hoping to find one that has more options, maybe a timer as well, and easier to clean! So far this is the leader, but more expensive than the others.

Its a Cuisinart MSC-600

https://i.imgur.com/BChPX2v.jpg

Thanks to your posts and discussions, I've added this to my list of 'under consideration':

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FLYWNYQ/ref=nav_timeline_asin?ie=UTF8&psc=1

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51NfQjOesjL.jpg

jimnyc
04-14-2016, 12:05 PM
WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT TTT

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF FFFFFFFFF

?????????????????

Where the hell are my posts? We had a tad bit of downtime earlier, which I was lead to believe was routing issues in the server room. Apparently that wasn't it, as routing wouldn't make posts disappear. I'm confused on this one. I was looking for another post of mine just prior, and had convinced myself that I must have just forgot to submit it - but now I see I probably did and now it's just gone. :(

I'm thinking something with the SQL database where the posts are held. When it was "down", I was still able to retrieve email and use FTP, so the entire server wasn't even down.

Does anyone even care about what I'm writing? LOL Maybe this is more appropriate:

Site was down. Now back up. :)

Gunny
04-14-2016, 01:06 PM

?????????????????

Where the hell are my posts? We had a tad bit of downtime earlier, which I was lead to believe was routing issues in the server room. Apparently that wasn't it, as routing wouldn't make posts disappear. I'm confused on this one. I was looking for another post of mine just prior, and had convinced myself that I must have just forgot to submit it - but now I see I probably did and now it's just gone. :(

I'm thinking something with the SQL database where the posts are held. When it was "down", I was still able to retrieve email and use FTP, so the entire server wasn't even down.

Does anyone even care about what I'm writing? LOL Maybe this is more appropriate:

Yeah. I had all internet services except this board. And it was weirded out bigtime. I have no database access so I couldn't tell you why. Everything was jacked up though. The entire format was screwed for me. I got nothing but line after line syntax. I have no idea if some of my posts are missing.

jimnyc
04-14-2016, 01:14 PM
Yeah. I had all internet services except this board. And it was weirded out bigtime. I have no database access so I couldn't tell you why. Everything was jacked up though. The entire format was screwed for me. I got nothing but line after line syntax. I have no idea if some of my posts are missing.

Mine loaded like that a few times too. Vbulletin is weird. Without the SQL database, the board might still load some stuff, but other things will be missing, and the format whacked & SLOW as can be.

Kathianne
04-14-2016, 01:19 PM

?????????????????

Yeah, at first I was like, WTH! Did I dream that whole conversation? Anyways, my first return post after yours gives you a review on the pot and really I'd check the comments at Amazon-I think I linked that too!

Site is still slow, took forever to see 'thanked posts.'

jimnyc
04-14-2016, 01:24 PM
Yeah, at first I was like, WTH! Did I dream that whole conversation? Anyways, my first return post after yours gives you a review on the pot and really I'd check the comments at Amazon-I think I linked that too!

Site is still slow, took forever to see 'thanked posts.'

And that's another issue I've been trying to figure out for like 3 weeks to a month now, viewing the thanks when you log in. It's actually been slow in responding for awhile now, definitely prior to this morning. I'll keep looking into that one too. :(

Gunny
04-14-2016, 01:52 PM
And that's another issue I've been trying to figure out for like 3 weeks to a month now, viewing the thanks when you log in. It's actually been slow in responding for awhile now, definitely prior to this morning. I'll keep looking into that one too. :(

Interesting. That's one thing I haven't had problem with. I gave up posting songs long ago but I haven't had trouble with "thanks".

jimnyc
04-14-2016, 02:19 PM
Interesting. That's one thing I haven't had problem with. I gave up posting songs long ago but I haven't had trouble with "thanks".

That's because you suck and no one thanks you. Can't take long to load one or 2 thanks only! :slap:

I love you man!

Gunny
04-14-2016, 02:37 PM
That's because you suck and no one thanks you. Can't take long to load one or 2 thanks only! :slap:

I love you man!

Fuckwit.:laugh:

BTW, where's your dumbass brother? He's got better insults than you ...:slap:

jimnyc
04-14-2016, 03:12 PM
All of our posts that followed this seem to have disappeared!

Anyways, to continue the gist of our conversation, here is a review of the instapot BEFORE it got 'smart.' From the Amazon reviews, it's only gotten better.

http://www.motherearthnews.com/real-food/best-electric-pressure-cooker-zb0z1404zmat.aspx

Thanks to your posts and discussions, I've added this to my list of 'under consideration':

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FLYWNYQ/ref=nav_timeline_asin?ie=UTF8&psc=1

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51NfQjOesjL.jpg

Ok, so before more posts disappear, or my brain dead head forgets the name. AND I splurged the 9.99 and it will be here tomorrow before the woman gets back. :)

Thank you, your order has been placed. An email confirmation has been sent to you.
New! Get shipment notifications on your mobile device with the free Amazon app (https://www.amazon.com/typapp).
Order Number: 112-180-4165807

Instant Pot IP-DUO60 7-in-1 Multi-Functional Pressure Cooker, 6Qt/1000W will be shipped to ... by Amazon.com.
Guaranteed delivery: April 15, 2016

jimnyc
04-14-2016, 03:14 PM
Fuckwit.:laugh:

BTW, where's your dumbass brother? He's got better insults than you ...:slap:

I have a feeling he just doesn't like me anymore, or maybe its you? :dunno: I saw him on FB this morning but no visit here. He's now on my list too, and no Christmas presents for him, not even a card.

Black Diamond
04-14-2016, 03:15 PM
Ok, so before more posts disappear, or my brain dead head forgets the name. AND I splurged the 9.99 and it will be here tomorrow before the woman gets back. :)

Thank you, your order has been placed. An email confirmation has been sent to you.
New! Get shipment notifications on your mobile device with the free Amazon app (https://www.amazon.com/typapp).
Order Number: 112-180-4165807

Instant Pot IP-DUO60 7-in-1 Multi-Functional Pressure Cooker, 6Qt/1000W will be shipped to ... by Amazon.com.
Guaranteed delivery: April 15, 2016

Herman cain.

jimnyc
04-14-2016, 03:17 PM
Herman cain.

me confused? What did Cain do for 10 bucks?

Abbey Marie
04-14-2016, 03:18 PM

?????????????????

Happened around 10:45-11 am for me. The entire site was just a page of weirdness. So I just went back to totally listening to the teacher. :cool:

ETA: no problem with Thanks, though.

Black Diamond
04-14-2016, 03:21 PM
me confused? What did Cain do for 10 bucks?

Came up with a tax plan.

jimnyc
04-15-2016, 01:01 PM
Yay!! It came today!! Now I have to figure out something to cook in it as the first test. Actually, I think it's best to pass it off as a gift when she gets home. I'll act extremely interested and wanting her to teach me. :)

That is true though, I do want to learn, and especially on this one that can do so much. Foods are awesome when cooked in these suckers, right hjmick ? :)

http://i.imgur.com/2G2Vwl2.jpg

hjmick
04-15-2016, 01:20 PM
Pressure cooker, nice. Don't have one myself but I have used one. The one small appliance I'll never give up is my slow cooker...

jimnyc
04-15-2016, 01:23 PM
Pressure cooker, nice. Don't have one myself but I have used one. The one small appliance I'll never give up is my slow cooker...

Well now WTF??? I thought a pressure cooker was a slow cooker which was a damn crock pot. Holy crap am I confused. And people wonder why I order pizza so damn much!! http://i407.photobucket.com/albums/pp159/jufconnie/Smileys%20Leuk/Emoticon-pizza-anim.gif

Abbey Marie
04-15-2016, 01:25 PM
Jim: Pressure cookers are scary, slow cookers are kewl.

hjmick
04-15-2016, 01:26 PM
Holy Shit!

Just looked that thing up, it's way more that just a pressure cooker... I might need one...

jimnyc
04-15-2016, 01:29 PM

But I thought they were the same? Are you telling me that instead of losing the bottom of the cooker like I did last time, this one may blow up somehow??????

Holy Shit!

Just looked that thing up, it's way more that just a pressure cooker... I might need one...

You can thank Kathianne for that! I was looking at various models, but then she posted about the "instant pot". Same as you, I looked it up and it didn't take long to make my decision. That was yesterday, and here it is today! :laugh:

hjmick
04-15-2016, 01:31 PM
Is that the Instant Pot IP-LUX60 6-in-1 Programmable Pressure Cooker? If it is, it's a 6-in-1... Pressure Cooker, Saute/Browning, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer & Warmer...

http://www.amazon.com/Instant-Pot-IP-LUX60-Programmable-6-33-Quart/dp/B0073GIN08

A pressure cooker...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pressure_cooking

A slow cooker/crock pot...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slow_cooker

sundaydriver
04-15-2016, 01:31 PM
I washed my crock pot & put it away last nite....intact! ;)

jimnyc
04-15-2016, 01:36 PM
Is that the Instant Pot IP-LUX60 6-in-1 Programmable Pressure Cooker? If it is, it's a 6-in-1... Pressure Cooker, Saute/Browning, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer & Warmer...

http://www.amazon.com/Instant-Pot-IP-LUX60-Programmable-6-33-Quart/dp/B0073GIN08

I have no idea what the extra feature is, but the one I got is apparently the 7 in one:

Instant Pot IP-DUO60 7-in-1 Multi-Functional Pressure Cooker, 6Qt/1000W

http://www.amazon.com/Instant-Pot-IP-DUO60-Multi-Functional-Pressure/dp/B00FLYWNYQ?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

jimnyc
04-15-2016, 01:37 PM
I washed my crock pot & put it away last nite....intact! ;)

That's funny, huh :poke:

I hope a stink bug crawls into your ear tonight. I'm not even sure what one is, nor what it looks like, but doesn't sound like something you want in your ear!!

hjmick
04-15-2016, 01:38 PM
I have no idea what the extra feature is, but the one I got is apparently the 7 in one:

Instant Pot IP-DUO60 7-in-1 Multi-Functional Pressure Cooker, 6Qt/1000W

http://www.amazon.com/Instant-Pot-IP-DUO60-Multi-Functional-Pressure/dp/B00FLYWNYQ?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

The extra feature is... IT MAKES YOGURT!

It's a fucking yogurt maker too!? Duuuude...

jimnyc
04-15-2016, 01:41 PM
The extra feature is... IT MAKES YOGURT!

It's a fucking yogurt maker too!? Duuuude...

Interesting, and makes me even more clueless. But the woman and kid LOVE yogurts. She is forever buying these large things of plain yogurt, and then uses it to make all kinds of homemade things by adding other fruits and such. But I would have no idea what this thing is supposed to do with yogurt.

hjmick
04-15-2016, 01:43 PM
Interesting, and makes me even more clueless. But the woman and kid LOVE yogurts. She is forever buying these large things of plain yogurt, and then uses it to make all kinds of homemade things by adding other fruits and such. But I would have no idea what this thing is supposed to do with yogurt.

It won't do anything with yogurt, it will make yogurt! Homemade yogurt!

sundaydriver
04-15-2016, 01:43 PM
That's funny, huh :poke:

I hope a stink bug crawls into your ear tonight. I'm not even sure what one is, nor what it looks like, but doesn't sound like something you want in your ear!!

I found one those buggers yesterday on the bathroom window. Out he went before he crawled with my other ear bugs.

jimnyc
04-15-2016, 01:46 PM
I found one those buggers yesterday on the bathroom window. Out he went before he crawled with my other ear bugs.

I find them every now and again. Never heard of them or saw one until like 2 years ago. They seem rather harmless, and haven't "smelled" anything from any of them yet. :dunno:

Growing up we had "earwigs". and they scared the bejeezus out of me!! Little pinchy looking bastards!!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_CbTWCQAjrh8/TS_KwIcoNDI/AAAAAAAAACU/F6LrnExvqAo/s1600/earwig.jpg

Abbey Marie
04-15-2016, 01:47 PM
But I thought they were the same? Are you telling me that instead of losing the bottom of the cooker like I did last time, this one may blow up somehow??????

You can thank Kathianne for that! I was looking at various models, but then she posted about the "instant pot". Same as you, I looked it up and it didn't take long to make my decision. That was yesterday, and here it is today! :laugh:

A pressure cooker is for quick cooking, and has a locking top, so it won't blow off, lol. Slow cooker lids are usually glass, and works in the opposite way.

jimnyc
04-15-2016, 01:47 PM
It won't do anything with yogurt, it will make yogurt! Homemade yogurt!

LOL, just like some "warm apple pie" :lol:

hjmick
04-15-2016, 01:48 PM
A pressure cooker is for quick cooking, and has a locking top, so it won't blow off, lol. Slow cooker lids are usually glass, and works in the opposite way.

Though after Boston, he might expect a visit from DHS...

jimnyc
04-15-2016, 01:49 PM

I think this thing has both, not sure. It better, or I blame Kath!!

I wish I had that spaghetti sauce back now so I could cook it as a test.

sundaydriver
04-15-2016, 01:52 PM
I find them every now and again. Never heard of them or saw one until like 2 years ago. They seem rather harmless, and haven't "smelled" anything from any of them yet. :dunno:

Growing up we had "earwigs". and they scared the bejeezus out of me!! Little pinchy looking bastards!!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_CbTWCQAjrh8/TS_KwIcoNDI/AAAAAAAAACU/F6LrnExvqAo/s1600/earwig.jpg

This is a stink bug. Showed up in NJ `5 years ago and then some swam the river to over here. Or took the free bridges?

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/rover27/stinky_zpsomm6vxao.jpg (http://s386.photobucket.com/user/rover27/media/stinky_zpsomm6vxao.jpg.html)

indago
04-15-2016, 01:53 PM

No! These kinds have a lot of safety features that the old timers didn't.

Kathianne
04-15-2016, 09:36 PM
No! These kinds have a lot of safety features that the old timers didn't.

Yep, like I said on one of the deleted posts, the Instapot is 'smart' bluetooth I believe. Anyways has some sort of auto shut off if goes too high in pressure.

Kathianne
04-15-2016, 09:39 PM

I told you I had some awesome deleted posts. Jim and I were enjoying ourselves, poof went the board! This appliance is a: slow cooker, pressure cooker, rice cooker, yogurt maker...

7 in 1. Smart tech. I'm buying one for my niece for wedding. I know I'll get one for myself. ;)

Kathianne
04-15-2016, 09:41 PM
Well now WTF??? I thought a pressure cooker was a slow cooker which was a damn crock pot. Holy crap am I confused. And people wonder why I order pizza so damn much!! http://i407.photobucket.com/albums/pp159/jufconnie/Smileys%20Leuk/Emoticon-pizza-anim.gif

OMG! Please read the instruction manual! Call or pm me if further info needed. Push the right damn buttons! :laugh2:

glockmail
04-15-2016, 09:53 PM

http://i.imgur.com/hxtCkQj.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Zoeysmz.jpg

:lol:

There's a hole in the pot.

Kathianne
04-15-2016, 10:07 PM
Hey Jim,

To get you started: http://www.theprairiehomestead.com/2016/01/instant-pot-recipes.html

Recipes that are based on the appliance, get the 'feel for it.'
(I like this for the intro. The 'Whole Chicken Recipe' is what I'd start with.)

Now here's a 'man's site': http://dadcooksdinner.com/2015/01/instant-pot-frequently-asked-questions.html/

Recipes look good too!

Gunny
04-15-2016, 11:51 PM
LOL, just like some "warm apple pie" :lol:

You are such a dweeb sometimes. You sure you aren't related to my family? Y'all people and your damned food. Then you go break the little woman's sh*t and don't have 2 replacements standing by. You nad my brother must have the same Dallas Cowboys playbook -- how to lose by the numbers. :laugh:

indago
04-16-2016, 06:17 AM
I told you I had some awesome deleted posts. Jim and I were enjoying ourselves, poof went the board! This appliance is a: slow cooker, pressure cooker, rice cooker, yogurt maker...

7 in 1. Smart tech. I'm buying one for my niece for wedding. I know I'll get one for myself. ;)

My daughter likes hers. I don't have one. I still use an old pressure cooker with a gauge on it. I use it several times a week. Works for me. For a SloCooker, I use a pot and a table top electric hot plate with a 2000 watt light dimmer I rigged several years ago. I use one of those laser type temp monitors to peek through the glass top to keep the inside temp at around 130 degrees as I cook a rib roast for around 10 hours. I singe the outside of the roast with a torch first before I put it in the pot. On the 11th hour, I turn the temp up to 160 Degrees. When I take the roast out I set it on a board and cover it with aluminum foil for around half hour.

El Yummo!

Old School!

indago
04-16-2016, 06:32 AM

Here's a video on how to use the Instant Pot...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JL1npciGA4

jimnyc
04-16-2016, 09:07 AM
Hey Jim,

To get you started: http://www.theprairiehomestead.com/2016/01/instant-pot-recipes.html

Recipes that are based on the appliance, get the 'feel for it.'
(I like this for the intro. The 'Whole Chicken Recipe' is what I'd start with.)

Now here's a 'man's site': http://dadcooksdinner.com/2015/01/instant-pot-frequently-asked-questions.html/

Recipes look good too!

Bookmarked! The cooker also came with an entire booklet of recipes. I gotta find something easy to start with. :)

Kathianne
04-16-2016, 09:13 AM
Lest anyone thinks that I believe Jim to be a culinary disaster, I know he's pulling our collective leg regarding his comment about 'slowcooker,' 'crock pot', 'pressure cooker,' and yogurts! LOL! Same convo went around yesterday, if he really didn't 'get it' he would not have repeated after they disappeared. ;)

I know several of the guys here cook quite a bit, a nice thing to see. A few posts back I offered Jim a link to a 'man's site' who has a whole section of his blog devoted to instapot/pressure cooking and 'adaptations if you don't have one.' It looks pretty good and the guy is a decent writer with a sense of humor.

This time next year I look for Jim to be writing a blog and publishing his first cook book!

jimnyc
04-16-2016, 09:13 AM
Here's a video on how to use the Instant Pot...

Alrighty, will watch later. Thanks!