PDA

View Full Version : Now Maybe Trump Is Listening

Kathianne
04-07-2016, 03:37 PM
Interesting. The first part is about 'organization' by Cruz and lack thereof by Trump in CO and AZ. It's the 'update' though that may give Trump's supporters some reason to remain confident:

http://hotair.com/archives/2016/04/07/cruz-set-to-crush-trump-in-battle-for-colorados-delegates/

Cruz set to crush Trump in battle for Colorado’s delegatesPOSTED AT 2:41 PM ON APRIL 7, 2016 BY ALLAHPUNDIT

There is some good news today for Trump fans, though: It sounds like Paul Manafort, Trump’s new (and very experienced) general in charge of delegate-wrangling, is fully committed to the campaign after meeting with Trump yesterday. There were reports that Corey Lewandowski wastrying to bigfoot Manafort (http://hotair.com/archives/2016/04/06/roger-stone-on-the-delegate-battle-trumps-campaign-has-no-infrastructure-in-the-states/) once he came aboard, even taking the drastic step of firing a deputy who was leading Trump’s organizational efforts in an important state because he’d been communicating with Manafort. That state? Er, Colorado. Politico claims Manafort was on the verge of quitting over that, but now comes news that Trump is planning to hire several “seasoned operatives” (https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/as-contested-convention-looms-trump-to-hire-seasoned-operatives-to-help/2016/04/06/03de12f8-fc20-11e5-9140-e61d062438bb_story.html) to help with the delegate fight and will open a new campaign office in D.C. (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/article/2587904/) with Manafort in charge. Cruz won’t be shooting at an open net for much longer.

Speaking of delegates, even a site as favorable to Trump as Breitbart is guesstimating that he’llfall anywhere from 50 to 100 delegates short of 1,237 (http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/04/06/donald-trump-will-fall-50-100-delegates-short-1237-needed-clinch-nomination/) before Cleveland given the current trajectory of the race. But even if he does, Manafort and his team could be the difference between victory and defeat. More than a month will pass between the final primaries on June 7th and the start of the convention on July 18th. Unbound delegates can be wooed during that time, and delegates won over by Cruz can be won back. At least Trump is in the game now.

Update: Just released by Team Trump. Sure sounds like Corey Lewandowski is now really just campaign manager in name only, with all important duties reassigned to Manafort. I guess this answers the question of who won the power struggle.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CfdRheFWIAAQJhR.jpg

Black Diamond
04-07-2016, 03:38 PM
Could Trump be a "comeback kid" of sorts?

Kathianne
04-07-2016, 03:40 PM

He's winning the primaries, but he either has to get to that 1237 or he's got to have enough delegates for more than 1 vote. It seems now he actually may be doing what has been obvious to anyone paying attention. I posted basically the same this morning about Lewandowski, before this was 'announced.'

Gunny
04-07-2016, 03:41 PM

Y'know, even though me n the Trumpies don't get along, I hope like hell they can patch this sh*t up. I consider Trump a dipstick but he's STILL no worse than anything the left has going.

Kathianne
04-07-2016, 03:44 PM
Y'know, even though me n the Trumpies don't get along, I hope like hell they can patch this sh*t up. I consider Trump a dipstick but he's STILL no worse than anything the left has going.

We don't really know that he isn't. I've neither heard or read anything he's said that makes me feel that he'd be 'better' than those two. Not the same, but there's too many issues for me.

NightTrain
04-07-2016, 04:43 PM
I wondered when Trump was going to hire experience.

The maverick approach worked very well up to now, and he needs to nail down those delegates and prepare for the convention.

tailfins
04-07-2016, 05:09 PM
Trump is trying to do his campaign on the cheap. He hasn't built a campaign infrastructure in the remaining primary states. Trump has actually LAID OFF staff.

Gunny
04-07-2016, 06:07 PM
Trump is trying to do his campaign on the cheap. He hasn't built a campaign infrastructure in the remaining primary states. Trump has actually LAID OFF staff.

He's doing it on his own dime. You have a point? Perhaps we can look up the threads where everyone else is doing it on OUR dime that you started? The elitist, wealthy Clintons with all their oil money are using tax dollars. Trump may not be my hero but at least he's manning up on this one.

You claim to be conservative but all I hear out of you is leftwingnut crap. He's spending HIS money HE earned on HIS campaign. And you're trying to make it sound bad like he should feel guilty. You might want to revisit the ideals you claim you hold. You sound like a NAZI to me. Always trying to tell others what they can think. Nothing conservative about THAT.

Drummond
04-07-2016, 06:17 PM
We don't really know that he isn't. I've neither heard or read anything he's said that makes me feel that he'd be 'better' than those two. Not the same, but there's too many issues for me.

I simply say this: nothing, BUT NOTHING, is more important than getting the Dems kicked out of power, ASAP.

But then .. I am a Conservative. So it figures.

tailfins
04-07-2016, 08:23 PM
He's doing it on his own dime. You have a point? Perhaps we can look up the threads where everyone else is doing it on OUR dime that you started? The elitist, wealthy Clintons with all their oil money are using tax dollars. Trump may not be my hero but at least he's manning up on this one.

You claim to be conservative but all I hear out of you is leftwingnut crap. He's spending HIS money HE earned on HIS campaign. And you're trying to make it sound bad like he should feel guilty. You might want to revisit the ideals you claim you hold. You sound like a NAZI to me. Always trying to tell others what they can think. Nothing conservative about THAT.

That was sure uncalled for. I'm 100% A-OK with Trump's campaign strategy. We can watch him lose.

I simply say this: nothing, BUT NOTHING, is more important than getting the Dems kicked out of power, ASAP.

But then .. I am a Conservative. So it figures.

What good will it do to temporarily kick the Democrats out? Trump stands to give the GOP a case of Nixonitis.

Elessar
04-07-2016, 08:28 PM

I do not like Trump's bombastic behavior at times, but he shoots straight from the hip.
Just like you do. It is good to see a non-politician stand up and face forward.

It is much better than listening to a terminal liar and exaggerating shill like Hillary.
She could not be honest if her fat tits were in a vise.

Drummond
04-07-2016, 08:32 PM
That was sure uncalled for. I'm 100% A-OK with Trump's campaign strategy. We can watch him lose.

What good will it do to temporarily kick the Democrats out? Trump stands to give the GOP a case of Nixonitis.

What good would it do to keep the Democrats IN, instead ? Please explain your preference for seeing the most likely candidate to defeat them, LOSE .....

Elessar
04-07-2016, 08:32 PM

And exactly who has donated to his movement?

Elessar
04-07-2016, 08:34 PM

No argument with any of the above.

Gunny
04-07-2016, 08:35 PM
I do not like Trump's bombastic behavior at times, but he shoots straight from the hip.
Just like you do. It is good to see a non-politician stand up and face forward.

It is much better than listening to a terminal liar and exaggerating shill like Hillary.
She could not be honest if her fat tits were in a vise.

I would never vote for me. I know my role. I break sh*t. I would be worse than Trump could ever dream of being. I'm a Marine and think like one.

Trump needs to know his role. He thinks success equals entitlement.

tailfins
04-07-2016, 08:58 PM
What good would it do to keep the Democrats IN, instead ? Please explain your preference for seeing the most likely candidate to defeat them, LOSE .....

Trump is poison to the GOP as a nominee or as the unlikely President. Trump is by no means the most likely candidate to defeat the Democrats. Trump is radioactive with women.

Gunny
04-08-2016, 12:47 AM
Trump is poison to the GOP as a nominee or as the unlikely President. Trump is by no means the most likely candidate to defeat the Democrats. Trump is radioactive with women.

The GOP/RNC is its own poison. There is no likely candidate to defeat the Dems. THAT is the problem.

Kathianne
04-08-2016, 09:24 AM
Indeed it seems that he is 'going all in,' taking the time to figure out how to hold delegates and give more policy details. He's 'winning,' now he does have to close it. IMO more importantly, win and give those that remain against him, reasons to believe what he says now.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/07/politics/donald-trump-new-york-delegates/index.html

Kathianne
04-08-2016, 10:15 AM
Well the press is doing what they can to help Trump, both in acknowledging his change in leadership and laying out what needs to be done:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/08/us/politics/new-hire-signals-a-reboot-in-the-donald-trump-campaign.html?_r=0

New Hire Signals a Reboot in the Donald Trump Campaign

By ASHLEY PARKER (http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/people/p/ashley_parker/index.html) and MAGGIE HABERMAN<time class="dateline" datetime="2016-04-07" itemprop="datePublished" content="2016-04-07" style="font-size: 0.6875rem; line-height: 0.75rem; font-family: nyt-cheltenham-sh, georgia, 'times new roman', times, serif; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); margin-left: 12px;">APRIL 7, 2016

</time>
Donald J. Trump (http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/us/elections/donald-trump-on-the-issues.html?inline=nyt-per) is expanding his team and empowering his newly hired convention manager as he tries reboot his presidential campaign after the worst two-week stretch of his brief political career.

The stepped-up role for the convention manager, Paul Manafort, a veteran of floor fights whose presence on Mr. Trump’s campaign has created anxiety among other top aides, was intended in part to quash reports of infighting and concerns about an organization whose performance has been lackluster at best in a recent string of nominating contests.

The expansion was announced a day after a lengthy and, at times, tense meeting that included Mr. Trump, Mr. Manafort and the campaign manager, Corey Lewandowski, who has been the focus of intense scrutiny after Mr. Trump’s lopsided loss in Wisconsin on Tuesday night, difficulty recruiting allies for some state conventions and Mr. Lewandowski’s recent arrest (http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/30/us/politics/trump-campaign-manager-corey-lewandowski.html) on battery charges. (http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/30/us/politics/trump-campaign-manager-corey-lewandowski.html)

“He had a different campaign model and his campaign model was precipitated on the concept of mass communication, establishing who he was, and working what I consider to be a very historic approach to communication with the public, so winning was what mattered. It didn’t matter how big” the campaign was at first, Mr. Manafort said in a telephone interview.

<time class="dateline" datetime="2016-04-07" itemprop="datePublished" content="2016-04-07" style="font-size: 0.6875rem; line-height: 0.75rem; font-family: nyt-cheltenham-sh, georgia, 'times new roman', times, serif; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); margin-left: 12px;"></time>
“The campaign has now gotten to the point where how you win and where you win does matter and then protecting what you won and that’s why I’m involved in everything from what’s happened to what will be happening,” he said.

Mr. Trump, a first-time candidate and full-time real-estate developer, has hit a series of snags in his campaign for the Republican nomination, many of them of his own making. As worried Republican donors and officials seek to thwart his ascent, Mr. Trump has resisted calls from allies to broaden his team to include a wider group of people with previous experience on presidential campaigns. He has no pollster on a staff that has remained small, and infighting has erupted repeatedly as several publications have run “campaign-in-disarray” stories.

The private meeting with Mr. Lewandowski, Mr. Trump and the media-averse Mr. Manafort, at Trump Tower in Manhattan, was described as “slightly contentious” by someone briefed on the gathering who was not authorized to speak publicly. Mr. Manafort urged Mr. Trump to focus on immediate tasks and to retool his approach, another person briefed on the meeting said Within hours, Mr. Trump scrapped a Friday trip to California, which will not vote until June.

But Mr. Manafort faces some daunting obstacles. In the two weeks since he joined a campaign driven by a candidate with a larger-than-life personality, Mr. Trump has lost the Wisconsin primary by double digits to Senator Ted Cruz. The better-organized Cruz campaign has been able to wrangle delegates from Mr. Trump in Louisiana. And with the Colorado Republican convention days away, the Trump campaign last weekend fired the aide overseeing efforts in the state.

“Bringing Manafort in was a step in the right direction,” said Rudolph W. Giuliani, the former New York mayor and a friend of Mr. Trump. Mr. Giuliani has said he will vote for Mr. Trump but has no plans (http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2016/04/07/rudolph-giuliani-to-vote-for-but-not-endorse-donald-trump/) to make a formal endorsement. But he added that Trump must “do about 10 more of those” steps to get up to speed.

Mr. Lewandowski and Michael Glassner, the deputy campaign manager, have been described by people in the campaign as viewing Mr. Manafort, who is working on a volunteer basis, as a threat. Mr. Manafort is the former business partner and longtime friend of Roger Stone, an informal adviser to Mr. Trump who left the campaign last summer after clashes with Mr. Lewandowski. Mr. Stone introduced Mr. Manafort to Mr. Trump at the 1988 Republican National Convention (http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/subjects/r/republican_national_convention/index.html?inline=nyt-org), as Mr. Stone was squiring the New Yorker around, though the two had known each other since the early 1980s, Mr. Manafort said.

Contrary to what many think, the incidents concerning Lewandowski have been more than a distraction and certainly should have been handled differently-Megyn Kelly too.

Infighting is not a good thing in any election, at this point in time could be fatal if Trump really wants to win.

truthmatters
04-08-2016, 11:25 AM

Not one of yur clowns can win in a general election

glup the tar dinos

NightTrain
04-08-2016, 11:29 AM

glup the tar dinos

Still as illiterate and stupid as ever, I see.

tailfins
04-08-2016, 11:40 AM
Indeed it seems that he is 'going all in,' taking the time to figure out how to hold delegates and give more policy details. He's 'winning,' now he does have to close it. IMO more importantly, win and give those that remain against him, reasons to believe what he says now.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/07/politics/donald-trump-new-york-delegates/index.html

With his hiring and planning starting now, he should have an effective campaign infrastructure in place around March 2017.

NightTrain
04-08-2016, 11:44 AM
With his hiring and planning starting now, he should have an effective campaign infrastructure in place around March 2017.

Keep dreaming, hacker boy.

Has the Cruz campaign contacted you to cease and desist being in his corner yet? I can't think of a better Kiss of Death.

jimnyc
04-08-2016, 01:05 PM

glup the tar dinos

You're a disgusting human being and I hoped you lost this address. Your username in the past going from "Truthmatters" to "Evince" was noted by many. Your ability to so easily post the most graphic and vulgar words makes me sick. And I thought you were some sort of "woman". You lose no matter what happens.

Gunny
04-08-2016, 01:13 PM

glup the tar dinos

Who the fuck let YOU out of your cage? I can't scrape enough brain cells out to degrade myself to your level of dumbshit.

Gunny
04-08-2016, 01:14 PM
Keep dreaming, hacker boy.

Has the Cruz campaign contacted you to cease and desist being in his corner yet? I can't think of a better Kiss of Death.

:laugh::laugh:

Gunny
04-08-2016, 01:16 PM
You're a disgusting human being and I hoped you lost this address. Your username in the past going from "Truthmatters" to "Evince" was noted by many. Your ability to so easily post the most graphic and vulgar words makes me sick. And I thought you were some sort of "woman". You lose no matter what happens.
]
Remember what I said about people I truly didn't like from other boards? F*cking found one.

jimnyc
04-08-2016, 01:25 PM
]
Remember what I said about people I truly didn't like from other boards? F*cking found one.

Yeah, and I didn't mean she changed her username here, she changed it elsewhere. I've heard some of the worst of the worst at bars and other lovely places, and I can honestly say that this one would give them a race for their money, that's how bad the crap is that I read. You think others have hatred? ALL of the filth she writes is based off of her hatred for republicans. Nuts with a capital N.

Gunny
04-08-2016, 01:30 PM
Yeah, and I didn't mean she changed her username here, she changed it elsewhere. I've heard some of the worst of the worst at bars and other lovely places, and I can honestly say that this one would give them a race for their money, that's how bad the crap is that I read. You think others have hatred? ALL of the filth she writes is based off of her hatred for republicans. Nuts with a capital N.

You got that right. Think about it. I think 4-5 years I actually banned 3 people. It was one of them. She touches a keyboard, stupid comes out. I personally think she hates Republicans less than she hates herself. She is the whiniest most miserable person I think I've ever encountered. Not to mention brain-dead. She is one person I WILL go after.

Why would she even come to this board? No1 lets her rant to her little heart's content.

tailfins
04-08-2016, 01:42 PM

At the end of the day, it all just a string of ASCII codes. Why does it matter? I wonder what it would take to write an offensive BOT that just posts a random offensive reply when someone responds to the BOT's post.

jimnyc
04-08-2016, 01:44 PM
You got that right. Think about it. I think 4-5 years I actually banned 3 people. It was one of them. She touches a keyboard, stupid comes out. I personally think she hates Republicans less than she hates herself. She is the whiniest most miserable person I think I've ever encountered. Not to mention brain-dead. She is one person I WILL go after.

Why would she even come to this board? No1 lets her rant to her little heart's content.

She probably got banned elsewhere, or maybe someone linked to something here, who knows. I know she didn't come here to see how I was doing! :)

The entire IQ of the board dropped by like 300 just by her coming here for one post.

jimnyc
04-08-2016, 01:46 PM
At the end of the day, it all just a string of ASCII codes. Why does it matter? I wonder what it would take to write an offensive BOT that just posts a random offensive reply when someone responds to the BOT's post.

ASCII is smarter than this overdone egghead, trust me on that. She is a troll of epic proportions. I'm afraid I may catch some stupid from her. :)

Gunny
04-08-2016, 02:10 PM
She probably got banned elsewhere, or maybe someone linked to something here, who knows. I know she didn't come here to see how I was doing! :)

The entire IQ of the board dropped by like 300 just by her coming here for one post.

I'm doubting seriously she came here to see me either. :laugh2:

Gunny
04-08-2016, 02:11 PM

Why would we need that when we got YOU? :laugh:

Elessar
04-08-2016, 11:02 PM

glup the tar dinos

Was that supposed to be in English, or do I need a translator?

Elessar
04-08-2016, 11:06 PM

Mostly because at the end of the day, they are just impressing themselves.
Why not knock them down several rungs on the ladder to respect?

You condone such trash?

Gunny
04-09-2016, 03:51 AM

You condone such trash?

Freedom of speech has a price. It doesn't mean condoning anything.

Kathianne
04-09-2016, 10:30 AM
It will be uphill though, very late start:

http://hotair.com/archives/2016/04/08/shake-up-i-report-directly-to-trump-not-lewandowski-says-new-delegate-manager/

Shake up: I report directly to Trump, not Lewandowski, says new delegate managerPOSTED AT 4:01 PM ON APRIL 8, 2016 BY ALLAHPUNDIT
It’s Paul Manafort, who’s now in charge of Trump’s new D.C. office and has taken over the all-important task of wrangling delegates for Trump at state conventions. If you don’t know why him reporting directly to Trump rather than to Lewandowski is significant, read this post (http://hotair.com/archives/2016/04/06/roger-stone-on-the-delegate-battle-trumps-campaign-has-no-infrastructure-in-the-states/) for a primer on the power struggle behind the scenes. If you believe Politico, Lewandowski was so eager to defend his turf from Manafort that he fired Trump’s chief organizer in Colorado for defying his orders not to speak to Manafort. One thing I didn’t realize when I wrote that post: Not only are Manafort and Roger Stone pals, they were actually partners at their own lobbying firm for years. Given Stone’s tensions with Lewandowski, having his buddy installed as Trump’s new point man on a contested convention is a major victory for him in the battle for control of the campaign.
The meeting at which Manafort was assigned his new duties was, go figure, contentious (http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/08/us/politics/new-hire-signals-a-reboot-in-the-donald-trump-campaign.html).

The expansion was announced a day after a lengthy and, at times, tense meeting that included Mr. Trump, Mr. Manafort and the campaign manager, Corey Lewandowski, who has been the focus of intense scrutiny after Mr. Trump’s lopsided loss in Wisconsin on Tuesday night, difficulty recruiting allies for some state conventions and Mr. Lewandowski’s recent arrest on battery charges…
The private meeting with Mr. Lewandowski, Mr. Trump and the media-averse Mr. Manafort, at Trump Tower in Manhattan, was described as “slightly contentious” by someone briefed on the gathering who was not authorized to speak publicly. Mr. Manafort urged Mr. Trump to focus on immediate tasks and to retool his approach, another person briefed on the meeting said Within hours, Mr. Trump scrapped a Friday trip to California, which will not vote until June…
Mr. Lewandowski and Michael Glassner, the deputy campaign manager, have been described by people in the campaign as viewing Mr. Manafort, who is working on a volunteer basis, as a threat.
Can Manafort even the playing field with Cruz in the fight for delegates? He’s well regarded but the infrastructure he needs at the state level won’t happen overnight. Three more pro-Cruz delegates were elected in Colorado yesterday (http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/colorado-loss-reveals-chaotic-overwhelmed-trump-campaign-n552781) with only token, and sometimes weird, opposition from Team Trump:

Addressing the audience, Trump’s new Colorado state director Patrick Davis told supporters to vote for the three pro-Trump delegate candidates on a glossy brochure the campaign distributed…
There was only one problem: Two of the three names weren’t listed on the ballot…
There were, however, three pro-Trump delegates on the ballot who weren’t sanctioned by the campaign. One of them, Cully Marshall, made his case for Trump in a poem.
“He’s our only hope against Hillary, that lying crooked witch,” Marshall said. “He’s going to build that wall and make Hillary El Chapo’s personal…” He trailed off.
Trump has all but given up on the state, canceling a weekend appearance there even though two dozen or so more delegates are yet to be chosen. And the organizational problems aren’t limited to Colorado. Yeesh:

tailfins
04-09-2016, 10:35 AM

You condone such trash?

I haven't given it much thought, that's why I ask. Some sites/message boards generate traffic by emulating Jerry Springer.

Gunny
04-09-2016, 10:48 AM
I haven't given it much thought, that's why I ask. Some sites/message boards generate traffic by emulating Jerry Springer.

Some? How about most. When I first started posting you could have an intelligent conversation with someone with out all the drama, pictures, videos, links et al. Now it seems no one has their own opinions and just want to be d*cks.

You're as guilty as anyone else. You've got more "I hate Trump" posts on this board than anyone. Gets old. I think most anyone that's passed 1st grade gets that you don't like him. I may not like him, but I keep my comments to responses to threads about, and don't insult (purposefully anyway) the people who do anyway.

So again, you're the pot calling the kettle black.

Abbey Marie
04-09-2016, 11:50 AM
I'm doubting seriously she came here to see me either. :laugh2:

She came here because truth matters, and she needed to finally read some.

Gunny
04-09-2016, 11:55 AM

You sell snake oil too? Ain't NO way I'm believing she has any interest in the truth. Hell, I bet she boils water wrong. :laugh:

Abbey Marie
04-09-2016, 11:57 AM
You sell snake oil too? Ain't NO way I'm believing she has any interest in the truth. Hell, I bet she boils water wrong. :laugh:

I said she needed to, not wanted to.

:laugh2:

Black Diamond
04-09-2016, 11:58 AM

She's quite ugly. And of course I am talking about her persona. :cool:

Gunny
04-09-2016, 12:01 PM

IIRC, she is actually not physically unattractive. Been years though. I couldn't stay in a room with her for more than a minute though. The second she opens her mouth to speak it's OVER. She's dumber'n Hitlery and THAT is going some.

Abbey Marie
04-09-2016, 12:02 PM

Yes indeed; I remember her pretty well from her time here.

Gunny
04-09-2016, 12:12 PM
Yes indeed; I remember her pretty well from her time here.

I couldn't get rid of her. She and skydancer were the whiniest "chicks" about everything. They were victims just because they woke up. :laugh:

Abbey Marie
04-09-2016, 12:22 PM
I couldn't get rid of her. She and skydancer were the whiniest "chicks" about everything. They were victims just because they woke up. :laugh:

Some women just embarrass me and give us all a bad name.

Gunny
04-09-2016, 12:38 PM
Some women just embarrass me and give us all a bad name.

Nah. Not with me. I will refrain from naming names but I know a few guys that were every bit as bad. I just find it hard to believe that people could have as many problems as skydancer and truthdoesn'tmatters and manage to function through life.

tailfins
04-09-2016, 12:43 PM
Nah. Not with me. I will refrain from naming names but I know a few guys that were every bit as bad. I just find it hard to believe that people could have as many problems as skydancer and truthdoesn'tmatters and manage to function through life.

Crazy people are often the most talented. Finding a way to harvest their talents while keeping them away from trouble can pay big dividends. In the area of software, I would tolerate a total nut job if they can design a well-received user experience.

Abbey Marie
04-09-2016, 12:46 PM

Everyone has had bad times. The thing I don't get is thinking other people want to hear about them.

Elessar
04-09-2016, 12:58 PM
Freedom of speech has a price. It doesn't mean condoning anything.

Of course, I am aware of that.

Gunny
04-09-2016, 01:01 PM
Everyone has had bad times. The thing I don't get is thinking other people want to hear about them.

Good thing you stay on THIS board. :laugh:

But that IS an interesting topic. I DO try and be somewhat understanding. For some of us, this IS our social life. In my case, I rarely talk in real life. This is where I vent and the people here are who I vent to. It was mentioned not too long ago that I feel like I'm the only one with problems but such is not the case. This board is the only place where I actually interact with people. Unfortunately, there's always some around to try pissing on your parade when it's not directed at them.

My other "great" social venture is driving to the Stop n Rob for some smokes. :laugh2:

SO, I get it. To a point. But I'm not 24/7 miserable and dying. That's just too much. And in TM's case, she's delusional as Hell to boot. Not only is she dying 24/7, but she doesn't know her ass from a hole in the ground. Skydancer has either had or is going to be inflicted with everything that could possibly go wrong in life. In fact, while I pshaw about sockpuppets, I'd swear those two were the same person or related.:laugh:

Abbey Marie
04-09-2016, 01:38 PM
Aww well I like you, Gunny. Always have.

I dont one know how you put up with that board as long as you did.

Gunny
04-09-2016, 01:56 PM
Aww well I like you, Gunny. Always have.

I dont one know how you put up with that board as long as you did.

Why do you think I'm gone? Despite the rumors, I just didn't give a crap about it anymore. I felt like Frankenstein. I created a monster I could no longer control. Add to that some duplicitous people who thought they were getting something and came up empty in the end, and I just didn't care anymore. I tried a brief stint at being a mod here as well. I'm too confrontational for this board. I just realized it was nice to wake up to three pages of PMs whining in my box and a few mods that couldn't just do their jobs without letting their politics cloud their judgement. I was just so used to being in charge from the Marines that I didn't know anything else and it's easy for me to do.

And I am a lousy follower and a lousy civilian. That was problem here. It's Jim's board and he's the ruler of the roost. Lot safer if I'm just Private Schmuckatelli the poster. :)

tailfins
04-09-2016, 06:28 PM
Good thing you stay on THIS board. :laugh:

But that IS an interesting topic. I DO try and be somewhat understanding. For some of us, this IS our social life. In my case, I rarely talk in real life. This is where I vent and the people here are who I vent to. It was mentioned not too long ago that I feel like I'm the only one with problems but such is not the case. This board is the only place where I actually interact with people. Unfortunately, there's always some around to try pissing on your parade when it's not directed at them.

My other "great" social venture is driving to the Stop n Rob for some smokes. :laugh2:

SO, I get it. To a point. But I'm not 24/7 miserable and dying. That's just too much. And in TM's case, she's delusional as Hell to boot. Not only is she dying 24/7, but she doesn't know her ass from a hole in the ground. Skydancer has either had or is going to be inflicted with everything that could possibly go wrong in life. In fact, while I pshaw about sockpuppets, I'd swear those two were the same person or related.:laugh:

I enjoy seeing how the other half lives by looking at the posts here. I'm also grateful for learning that the way the other half lives is something I want no part of. It's interesting to watch chimps (or in some cases rodents) through glass, but I wouldn't want to be inside the cage with them.

Gunny
04-09-2016, 06:50 PM
Crazy people are often the most talented. Finding a way to harvest their talents while keeping them away from trouble can pay big dividends. In the area of software, I would tolerate a total nut job if they can design a well-received user experience.

I'm sure she might be good at something besides playing victim and being a nutjob, but I haven't seen it. You have to apply yourself to the situation. I can shoot you at 1500 meters. Think that works on a job application stateside? I guess if I wanted to work for the mob, maybe.

Whatever she's good at, it is NOT posting nor interpersonal relationships. People like you and she don't get that. Just about everyone on this board and I have been at each others' throats. We always walk away and get over it. There's no constant whine, whine, whine coming out of us. I'll dig your ass in one thread and rep you in another. Y'all just want to be miserable for some reason. Nothing nice to say ever. I always screw with people on this board but I know how to laugh with them too. They screw with me. BFD. What you ain't getting is I was responsible for a board, not her and not you. Jim's in the same boat. You disrupt the board and cause people to leave, you're gone. End of story.

I could care less about TM. I cared what she did to the board I was running. With power comes responsibility. I was responsible for everyone, not just some whack-a-doodle's screwy crap. People like you never get that because everything's about you. If Jim didn't care about his friends this board wouldn't even exist. So maybe you ought to slow your roll, huh? What I cared about in regard to her was she disrupted the board I ran. That simple.

tailfins
04-09-2016, 07:02 PM
I'm sure she might be good at something besides playing victim and being a nutjob, but I haven't seen it. You have to apply yourself to the situation. I can shoot you at 1500 meters. Think that works on a job application stateside? I guess if I wanted to work for the mob, maybe.

Whatever she's good at, it is NOT posting nor interpersonal relationships. People like you and she don't get that. Just about everyone on this board and I have been at each others' throats. We always walk away and get over it. There's no constant whine, whine, whine coming out of us. I'll dig your ass in one thread and rep you in another. Y'all just want to be miserable for some reason. Nothing nice to say ever. I always screw with people on this board but I know how to laugh with them too. They screw with me. BFD. What you ain't getting is I was responsible for a board, not her and not you. Jim's in the same boat. You disrupt the board and cause people to leave, you're gone. End of story.

I could care less about TM. I cared what she did to the board I was running. With power comes responsibility. I was responsible for everyone, not just some whack-a-doodle's screwy crap. People like you never get that because everything's about you. If Jim didn't care about his friends this board wouldn't even exist. So maybe you ought to slow your roll, huh? What I cared about in regard to her was she disrupted the board I ran. That simple.

That's a fungible skill. I would think that an aptitude for precision like that could be used in diamond cutting or circuit board/chip mapping for example.

Gunny
04-09-2016, 08:51 PM
That's a fungible skill. I would think that an aptitude for precision like that could be used in diamond cutting or circuit board/chip mapping for example.

Sure. I'm a commercial electrician. I wire up 480 v transformers and I ain't dead. Shooting is easier and takes a lot less time.