PDA

View Full Version : Friends, Family Remember 4 Victims of Collision

waterrescuedude2000
07-18-2007, 07:15 PM
My sister is dead, and her 2-year-old daughter has to grow up without a mother," Bebee said in a wash of tears and anger.

"She was a good person. She loved her daughter."

Her sister, Brittany Nichole Stickney, 18, died Monday afternoon along with three others in a car in a horrific collision with an Amtrak train at the Wabash Avenue rail crossing in West Lakeland.

Lakeland police said Tuesday that the driver of the maroon Pontiac Grand Am drove around the lowered crossing gates and into the path of the eastbound passenger train.

A witness said the car flew 20 feet into the air and came down several hundred feet east of the crossing.

"Who would be stupid enough to try to beat a train?" Bebee asked.

http://www.theledger.com/article/20070718/NEWS/707180427/1039

Hmm I would call this more cleaning of the Gene pool. If you are stupid enough to drive around the railroad crossing gates and try and beat a train.
They killed themselves with their own stupidity it doesnt even deserve media attention!!!

nevadamedic
07-18-2007, 11:22 PM
My sister is dead, and her 2-year-old daughter has to grow up without a mother," Bebee said in a wash of tears and anger.

Her sister, Brittany Nichole Stickney, 18, died Monday afternoon along with three others in a car in a horrific collision with an Amtrak train at the Wabash Avenue rail crossing in West Lakeland.

Lakeland police said Tuesday that the driver of the maroon Pontiac Grand Am drove around the lowered crossing gates and into the path of the eastbound passenger train.

A witness said the car flew 20 feet into the air and came down several hundred feet east of the crossing.

Hmm I would call this more cleaning of the Gene pool. If you are stupid enough to drive around the railroad crossing gates and try and beat a train.
They killed themselves with their own stupidity it doesnt even deserve media attention!!!

American's are just to much in a hurry and to impatient. It is tragic. Maybe the railroad should put better barricades up.

nevadamedic
07-18-2007, 11:26 PM

That's actually a pretty fucked up thing to say.

waterrescuedude2000
07-19-2007, 12:02 AM
All railroad gates are the same. We dont have that many problems with people pulling in front of trains. If they are that stupid to pull in front of a train then they are stupid period. Yes its tragic to lose kids. but the kids came from the same stupid genes.

nevadamedic
07-19-2007, 12:12 AM
All railroad gates are the same. We dont have that many problems with people pulling in front of trains. If they are that stupid to pull in front of a train then they are stupid period. Yes its tragic to lose kids. but the kids came from the same stupid genes.

Actually it happens more then you realize.

waterrescuedude2000
07-19-2007, 12:50 AM
There should be train gates at all crossings. We all know they arent at all crossings though.