PDA

View Full Version : Question for NYS residents

tailfins
04-09-2016, 10:42 AM
Did you make the deadline to vote in the NYS GOP primary? For example, from what I heard Sean Hannity say, he is registered with the New York State Conservative party. That means if he changed his voter registration AFTER October, 2015, he won't be able to vote in the GOP primary. A big deal is being made of New York's difficult party changing rules. It seems to be the hidden sand in the gearbox that could keep Trump under 50% and could mean proportional delegate allocation.

It appears likely that Hannity didn't change his registration in time. Here's a statement as late as August saying that he is NOT a Republican:

http://www.hannity.com/articles/election-493995/sean-answers-beck-13858756/

As a registered conservative in New York state, I only have one vote. From a voting perspective, I will have no say, really, in deciding who the Republican presidential nominee will be in 2016.

Gunny
04-09-2016, 11:10 AM
Did you make the deadline to vote in the NYS GOP primary? For example, from what I heard Sean Hannity say, he is registered with the New York State Conservative party. That means if he changed his voter registration AFTER October, 2015, he won't be able to vote in the GOP primary. A big deal is being made of New York's difficult party changing rules. It seems to be the hidden sand in the gearbox that could keep Trump under 50% and could mean proportional delegate allocation.

It appears likely that Hannity didn't change his registration in time. Here's a statement as late as August saying that he is NOT a Republican:

http://www.hannity.com/articles/election-493995/sean-answers-beck-13858756/

Lots of states have weird rules. For instance, I am a registered independent. I can't vote in the primary in my state. And TX is not a winner take all state. One of the most aggravating things to me is caucusing. Basically, it allows people to mob up after the polls are closed steal votes.

If the Federal government wants to stick its nose into crap, maybe they should come up with one set of rules for voting for a Federal position? Instead of meddling in affairs that are unconstitutional? Just a thought.

Kathianne
04-09-2016, 06:00 PM
Lots of states have weird rules. For instance, I am a registered independent. I can't vote in the primary in my state. And TX is not a winner take all state. One of the most aggravating things to me is caucusing. Basically, it allows people to mob up after the polls are closed steal votes.

If the Federal government wants to stick its nose into crap, maybe they should come up with one set of rules for voting for a Federal position? Instead of meddling in affairs that are unconstitutional? Just a thought.

The states control their elections, as it should be.