PDA

View Full Version : weekends

WiccanLiberal
04-10-2016, 06:41 PM
So I made meatloaf for dinner. Feel free to ask V4R about the meatloaf. Finished my state taxes. And spent a long time watching the birds and squirrels raid the food bricks I hang outside the bedroom window. Bogart and Bacall on TCM and I was able to get in a nap today. All around a good day.

Voted4Reagan
04-10-2016, 10:07 PM
Her meatloaf is a thing of wonder.... just enough Eye of Newt to make it magical...

and I did all the dishes this weekend....

Gunny
04-11-2016, 12:37 AM
So I made meatloaf for dinner. Feel free to ask V4R about the meatloaf. Finished my state taxes. And spent a long time watching the birds and squirrels raid the food bricks I hang outside the bedroom window. Bogart and Bacall on TCM and I was able to get in a nap today. All around a good day.

Now why would I ask that goofball anything? :laugh2:

I LOVE Bogart and Bacall. Not so sure about the meatloaf though. :)

darin
04-11-2016, 12:51 AM
meat loaf is delicious with plenty of hot sauce. :) Or gravy with hot sauce. And mashed taters.

NightTrain
04-11-2016, 01:53 AM
One of my favorite dinners... meatloaf, mashed potatoes, gravy, broccoli. The gravy should be doctored up with shrooms, of course.

Gunny
04-11-2016, 07:49 AM
meat loaf is delicious with plenty of hot sauce. :) Or gravy with hot sauce. And mashed taters.

One of my favorite dinners... meatloaf, mashed potatoes, gravy, broccoli. The gravy should be doctored up with shrooms, of course.

You two are weirdo's and obviously haven't eaten enough of that gut bomb. :laugh2:

jimnyc
04-11-2016, 08:10 AM
Meatloaf. Only like it if it's made just right with some cheese inside of it. If not, I drown it with ketchup. :)

And of course it must come with some smashed potatoes and gravy.

NightTrain
04-11-2016, 11:54 AM
You two are weirdo's and obviously haven't eaten enough of that gut bomb. :laugh2:

Well... it's all perspective, I guess. I always loved meatloaf because I never got OD'd on it as a kid like so many others - like you, for example!

One of my least favorite dinners is also because I got way too much of it : salmon or trout with steamed fiddlehead ferns. Supposedly good for you according to a Mom trying to sell you on it, but I detest pulling those damned tiny rib bones out of a mouthful of fish. I would chow down on those tasteless ferns while fantasizing about meatloaf.

And before anyone says "oh, I know how to fillet the fish so you don't get any bones!"... Bullshit. There's always bones, and homie don't play that.

Elessar
04-11-2016, 12:33 PM
Meatloaf. Only like it if it's made just right with some cheese inside of it. If not, I drown it with ketchup. :)

Worcestershire Sauce! Yum!!

tailfins
04-11-2016, 12:41 PM

I like meatloaf too. There is a difference between New England meatloaf and Texas meatloaf, but I'm not sure what that difference is. This place makes the best meatloaf I ever had:

The Common Man in Concord, NH.

http://www.thecman.com/restaurants-and-menus/common-man-restaurants/common-man-concord-menus.aspx

jimnyc
04-11-2016, 03:19 PM
I like meatloaf too. There is a difference between New England meatloaf and Texas meatloaf, but I'm not sure what that difference is. This place makes the best meatloaf I ever had:

The Common Man in Concord, NH.

http://www.thecman.com/restaurants-and-menus/common-man-restaurants/common-man-concord-menus.aspx

Didn't know there were multiple types! I eat what is dropped on the plate in front of me. I couldn't imagine actually paying for meatloaf while out somewhere. Not that I don't think it might be worth a few bucks, but I want something different when I'm out to eat.

Black Diamond
04-11-2016, 03:21 PM
Didn't know there were multiple types! I eat what is dropped on the plate in front of me. I couldn't imagine actually paying for meatloaf while out somewhere. Not that I don't think it might be worth a few bucks, but I want something different when I'm out to eat.

I saw meat loaf twice. His live version of Paradise by the dashboard light was say.. Interesting. :cool:

jimnyc
04-11-2016, 03:33 PM
I saw meat loaf twice. His live version of Paradise by the dashboard light was say.. Interesting. :cool:

You're a funny man, huh :poke: :laugh2:

First 8 track and last 8 track I ever listened to was Meatloaf! I never saw him live though. But I did see him in a movie or two!

Gunny
04-11-2016, 03:42 PM
Well... it's all perspective, I guess. I always loved meatloaf because I never got OD'd on it as a kid like so many others - like you, for example!

One of my least favorite dinners is also because I got way too much of it : salmon or trout with steamed fiddlehead ferns. Supposedly good for you according to a Mom trying to sell you on it, but I detest pulling those damned tiny rib bones out of a mouthful of fish. I would chow down on those tasteless ferns while fantasizing about meatloaf.

And before anyone says "oh, I know how to fillet the fish so you don't get any bones!"... Bullshit. There's always bones, and homie don't play that.

LOL. People are funny. Not directed specifically at you. I could care less what you eat. I DO however know some people that get offended if you don't eat what THEY like. Tough. I hate tuna casserole too. It seems like all I ever had to eat as a kid was meatloaf and tuna casserole. There wasn't any Hamburger Helper in my day which I consider a step up to every stupid casserole ever invented. :laugh:

And I consider meatloaf the equivalent of dropping a brick in your stomach. :laugh:

WiccanLiberal
04-11-2016, 07:57 PM
I suppose like many things it's an acquired taste. I liked my mom's family recipe. And I have been making it for years. Pound or so of 80/20 ground beef, an egg, dash of worcestshire sauce, a little ketchup, parsley, salt and pepper, a packet of onion soup mix, and bread crumbs. I never measure. Mix by hand and pat into a greased loaf pan. Top with a mix of tomato soup diluted with a half can of water and a dash of worcestshire. Cook for an hour at 350 degrees and serve with a little of the tomato soup mixed with a little of the meat drippings. I think it's the basic recipe off the back of the Campbell's soup can with a few additions. And if you have no bread crumbs you can use slightly stale sandwich bread crumbled up. Trust me, I never have leftovers beyond lunch the next day. The other kind of meat loaf I have sampled has a brown gravy but I prefer the one I was raised on.

Elessar
04-11-2016, 08:20 PM
I suppose like many things it's an acquired taste. I liked my mom's family recipe. And I have been making it for years. Pound or so of 80/20 ground beef, an egg, dash of worcestshire sauce, a little ketchup, parsley, salt and pepper, a packet of onion soup mix, and bread crumbs. I never measure. Mix by hand and pat into a greased loaf pan. Top with a mix of tomato soup diluted with a half can of water and a dash of worcestshire. Cook for an hour at 350 degrees and serve with a little of the tomato soup mixed with a little of the meat drippings. I think it's the basic recipe off the back of the Campbell's soup can with a few additions. And if you have no bread crumbs you can use slightly stale sandwich bread crumbled up. Trust me, I never have leftovers beyond lunch the next day. The other kind of meat loaf I have sampled has a brown gravy but I prefer the one I was raised on.

You should try buffalo meat, ground. It is good, but so is Elk!

Gunny
04-11-2016, 08:22 PM

I never cook by directions. Sounds good. Once a year. You aren't talking the usual smothered in ketchup lump of hamburger. My mother could NOT cook. It came off a recipe. I understand we didn't have money, but geez ...:laugh:

darin
04-12-2016, 05:59 AM
I DO however know some people that get offended if you don't eat what THEY like.

That right there is the fucking problem with fucking Politics and Religion. Right fucking there.

sundaydriver
04-12-2016, 06:14 AM
Around here the meat departments sell "meatloaf mix", either 50/50 beef & pork or 60/30/10 beef, pork, and veal. Better flavor, not as dry as just beef, and proves you ain't a muzzie. :laugh:

glockmail
04-12-2016, 02:18 PM
Friday nite the wife and I went to Costco to spend our rebate check on the last years' worth of purchases. I think we get something like 2% back. When we checked out she forgot to hand over the coupon, so the clerk gave us cash value for it. So in effect, we made another 2% on the coupon's value.

Gunny
04-12-2016, 02:54 PM
That right there is the fucking problem with fucking Politics and Religion. Right fucking there.

Of course it is. Over the years I've heard all kinds of crap that just didn't compute with me. You want to bitch about what I watch on TV? We have TWO FREAKIN' TV's. And I will go watch the other one. People argue over the stupidest shit, and take offense the same. I ain't watching some bromantic BS. If you like it, have at it.

Your point though is spot on. Why are you worried about what I'm doing as long as I'm not stepping on your toes? You cook turnips? I ain't eating any. Period. If you like them, more for you. But when did our society start getting so offended at what others are doing? None of your business. I don't remember it being like that as kid. Now, everyone's got their noses up everyone else's butts. I always feel like saying just mind your own fucking business.

Bilgerat
04-12-2016, 08:55 PM

I use most of what you do, except I add 1/2 lb (or so) of ground pork and mix in a bit of milk. Add bread cubes (not dried, just cut up 4 or 5 slices of bread)

And I've grown to like that meat loaf pan that lets the drippings go free.!
http://s7d9.scene7.com/is/image/BedBathandBeyond/30236241651520p?$478$

Gunny
04-12-2016, 09:00 PM
I use most of what you do, except I add 1/2 lb (or so) of ground pork and mix in a bit of milk. Add bread cubes (not dried, just cut up 4 or 5 slices of bread)

And I've grown to like that meat loaf pan that lets the drippings go free.!
http://s7d9.scene7.com/is/image/BedBathandBeyond/30236241651520p?$478$

You are such a freakin' wuss. Special little pan have you? Your male card is on super secret probation. :laugh2:

darin
04-13-2016, 02:00 AM
A man needs only a couple things.

Solid chef's knife (for the money Chicago Cutlery is great). A grill of some sort. A cast-iron skillet. And maybe hot sauce. That's about it.

glockmail
04-13-2016, 07:48 AM
Lodge grill pan, $20 at Walmart. 3-4 tablespoons of oil brushed in to protect the iron, 1/4 cup of water, then pile on the veggies. Put on the hottest part of your gas grill for 12-15 minutes and serve up some heaven.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8743&stc=1

namvet
04-13-2016, 11:29 AM
never was a meat loaf fan. same with chili