PDA

View Full Version : NC's HB2 law and the Gay Mafia

glockmail
04-12-2016, 12:42 PM
First Paypal, then Springsteen, now Deutsche Bank, one by one, bowing down to the gay mafia because of their opposition to North Carolina's law HB2. None of these protesters have read the law because what they are protesting is not part of the law. :laugh:

Gunny
04-12-2016, 03:35 PM
First Paypal, then Springsteen, now Deutsche Bank, one by one, bowing down to the gay mafia because of their opposition to North Carolina's law HB2. None of these protesters have read the law because what they are protesting is not part of the law. :laugh:

How Southern are we not anymore.

darin
04-13-2016, 12:41 AM
I wonder how I could organize the opposite of a boycott? I wonder how I can do business exclusively with North Carolina?

jimnyc
04-13-2016, 03:54 AM
I wonder how I could organize the opposite of a boycott? I wonder how I can do business exclusively with North Carolina?

Boycott the boycotters to show support for NC. :)

glockmail
04-13-2016, 07:53 AM
In all seriousness, NC is the best state. Low taxes, good schools, good roads, the highest mountains in the east coast, some of the best beaches, skiing to deep sea fishing, an incredible variety of native plants, Democrats nearly extinct in the legislature....

darin
04-13-2016, 08:06 AM
I dream of retiring in the NC mountains, or Idaho/Eastern WA area. Or maybe Tennessee - along the NC border...right in there. Small farm. Sell honey and pigs and eggs...

Gunny
04-13-2016, 08:10 AM
In all seriousness, NC is the best state. Low taxes, good schools, good roads, the highest mountains in the east coast, some of the best beaches, skiing to deep sea fishing, an incredible variety of native plants, Democrats nearly extinct in the legislature....

No argument here. I loved NC. Well, except driving through on I-95 during winter. And your beaches just suck. Sorry. I spent most of my teen years in South FL. Makes you feel any better CA beaches totally suck worse.

I wouldn't have a problem living there though. Could probably even get the expatriated spouse back who is from Durham. :laugh:

glockmail
04-13-2016, 08:30 AM
Gunny you've probably spent most of your time here in the "Camp Latrine" area and the lowlands. You missed a lot; the Piedmont and the Mountains.

True story about the East TN- West NC Mountains. My brother's oldest son grew up just outside of metro Boston. My brother is a big lib and his wife is an outright commie. The poor kid as a teen was so fucked up- at one point he had 27 body piercings. Somehow he ended up living in a commune in the east TN mountains.

Fast forward 15 years. He's still in east TN but he went to law school, big into states' rights and self defense, and a member of the *gasp* TN GOP. Piercings are gone and healed up. Apparently he got a dose of reality. I'm guessing the commune thing failed and he saw why.

No wonder why my sister-in-law never talks about him. :laugh:

indago
04-13-2016, 08:43 AM
Gunny you've probably spent most of your time here in the "Camp Latrine" area and the lowlands. You missed a lot; the Piedmont and the Mountains.

True story about the East TN- West NC Mountains. My brother's oldest son grew up just outside of metro Boston. My brother is a big lib and his wife is an outright commie. The poor kid as a teen was so fucked up- at one point he had 27 body piercings. Somehow he ended up living in a commune in the east TN mountains.

Fast forward 15 years. He's still in east TN but he went to law school, big into states' rights and self defense, and a member of the *gasp* TN GOP. Piercings are gone and healed up. Apparently he got a dose of reality. I'm guessing the commune thing failed and he saw why.

No wonder why my sister-in-law never talks about him. :laugh:

"The poor kid as a teen was so fucked up- at one point he had 27 body piercings."

Reminds me of a story...

An old guy was sitting on one of the benches at a shopping mall, resting. A young man came over and sat on the same bench. The young man, with multi-colored hair sticking up to here, was dressed in grunge. The old guy stared at him. After a while, the young man turned to the old guy and said: "Why you keep lookin' at me like that? Whatsamatter Ol' Fuck… Ain't you never done nuthin' wild???"

The old guy said to him: "Well, Yeah… Matter of fact... When I wuz younger, I got drunk one night and fucked a parrot. I wuz jus' wondrin' if you wuz my kid."