PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Day trip

darin
04-13-2016, 03:15 AM
Anyone have plans? Weird to me in a way - while in Michigan - and other places - I tended to NOT do anything or travel. Seems like once a month I do a weekend trip here - sometimes even day trips. Why do I want to see this place more than I wanted to see Detroit area? Nevermind. Stupid question.

We'll see Innsbruck area, Northern Italy, Eastern Switzerland, and Lichtenstein.

I hope I still explore when I get back to the states. I'm really gearing up for a LONG trip to Moab. For sure on my bucket list.

jimnyc
04-13-2016, 03:48 AM
I'm jealous. I see your pics on FB and on here and I'm happy to see you and the kids having such a great trip! Next time you guys need to stay in the states though, maybe head a little east. :)

darin
04-13-2016, 04:08 AM
I'm tellin' ya bro - I could never leave too far north and east. The liberals are ruining shit. :(

I'd be up for a visit!

I hope to relocate around North Carolina/Tennessee or even out towards Wyoming. Off-grid. Clinging to my religion and my guns

jimnyc
04-13-2016, 04:27 AM
I'm tellin' ya bro - I could never leave too far north and east. The liberals are ruining shit. :(

I'd be up for a visit!

I hope to relocate around North Carolina/Tennessee or even out towards Wyoming. Off-grid. Clinging to my religion and my guns

I keep thinking and talking about the future, and where I will go. You do so much traveling, maybe I'll just sit back and wait for your reviews for now. :)

I suck at making plans but we really need to make this happen one day. I never get to travel like you do. Maybe someday you can pick a spot between our areas and we can all meet up, and all get to visit somewhere new. You have been to the NY area, no?

And yeps, down the road I would love to be able to have a gun at my side and not feel discriminated against for doing so, but rather comfy and safe. :)

jimnyc
04-13-2016, 04:28 AM
Anyone have plans? Weird to me in a way - while in Michigan - and other places - I tended to NOT do anything or travel. Seems like once a month I do a weekend trip here - sometimes even day trips. Why do I want to see this place more than I wanted to see Detroit area? Nevermind. Stupid question.

We'll see Innsbruck area, Northern Italy, Eastern Switzerland, and Lichtenstein.

I hope I still explore when I get back to the states. I'm really gearing up for a LONG trip to Moab. For sure on my bucket list.

I didn't intend on hijacking your thread. Why don't you post some pictures you have thus far from your last update? And then you can post more when you get to these other places!

darin
04-13-2016, 08:33 AM
I keep thinking and talking about the future, and where I will go. You do so much traveling, maybe I'll just sit back and wait for your reviews for now. :)

I suck at making plans but we really need to make this happen one day. I never get to travel like you do. Maybe someday you can pick a spot between our areas and we can all meet up, and all get to visit somewhere new. You have been to the NY area, no?

And yeps, down the road I would love to be able to have a gun at my side and not feel discriminated against for doing so, but rather comfy and safe. :)

The only way to do it is to do it. I've started using booking.com because often I don't have to pay until I stay. But having that reservation in drives the rest of the process. My trip memorial day will cost about $300 for three nights hotel. Will cost about 3 tanks of fuel - two in germany at about $35/tank, and one in Austria for probably twice that. Figure $150 for fuel. Food will be about $60-75/day for three of us. Maybe little more or a little less. I expect to spend far less than $1000 on the trip all told. Am shooting for $800.

Abbey Marie
04-13-2016, 10:00 AM
The only way to do it is to do it. I've started using booking.com because often I don't have to pay until I stay. But having that reservation in drives the rest of the process. My trip memorial day will cost about $300 for three nights hotel. Will cost about 3 tanks of fuel - two in germany at about $35/tank, and one in Austria for probably twice that. Figure $150 for fuel. Food will be about $60-75/day for three of us. Maybe little more or a little less. I expect to spend far less than $1000 on the trip all told. Am shooting for $800.

That is very little for all that travelling. Pics welcome!

glockmail
04-13-2016, 10:13 AM

I'm jealous too. Just got back from a week in Innsbruck. Skied three days. Great town- we walked and took local buses everywhere. I could live there very easily. Wanted to rent a car and get to Lichtenstein, then southern Germany where my blood is from, but the rental agency lied about their location- long story.

Heading to Northern Italy next year. :dance:

darin
04-14-2016, 03:47 AM
panoramic of the closest city to our hotel in Austria.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a2/Seefeld_in_Tirol_Austria_from_ESE_on_2014-10-18.png/1920px-Seefeld_in_Tirol_Austria_from_ESE_on_2014-10-18.png

large pic.

Kathianne
04-14-2016, 04:51 AM

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a2/Seefeld_in_Tirol_Austria_from_ESE_on_2014-10-18.png/1920px-Seefeld_in_Tirol_Austria_from_ESE_on_2014-10-18.png

large pic.
The hills are alive with the sound...

Beautiful!

Abbey Marie
04-14-2016, 03:48 PM

large pic.

I literally said "Wow" when that pic opened.