PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical - Could a gay-owned bakery refuse to cater a normal wedding?

darin
04-13-2016, 03:37 AM
...or a Christian thing?

I sure hope they can. But I wonder if a christian or normal folk would sue?

I suspect probably not because normal people aren't whiny demanders who use a non-injury as a winning lottery ticket. Not to say all normal folks are good people (see: Black Friday sales, especially at WalMart).

jimnyc
04-13-2016, 03:45 AM
...or a Christian thing?

I suspect probably not because normal people aren't whiny demanders who use a non-injury as a winning lottery ticket. Not to say all normal folks are good people (see: Black Friday sales, especially at WalMart).

IF a gay bakery owner ever did such, no one would make a big deal, even if someone complained. We would need to understand their rights and emotions. :rolleyes:

But NO, if I were to go into a gay bakery, and they told me such - I'm off to the next bakery, after of course I give them a piece of my mind. That's my "lawsuit", being able to offer my opinion, which will likely get ME a lawsuit when I'm done.

And the main reason I wouldn't isn't because they are gay, but I simply don't want to take my business to gay folks after having all the BS shoved on me for years now, and for seeing how they whine and demand special treatment and file suits if someone looks at them improperly. They are more then welcome to discriminate against me as I prefer to take my business elsewhere anyway.

darin
04-13-2016, 04:10 AM
RIGHT - So - if you could be sued, as a bakery, for NOT taking a Gay wedding - the time will come when you are to be Sued for AVOIDING a gay-owned bakery when you want stuff baked. Watch. It will happen. you'll be sued for your 'bigotry' and for denying them business.

fj1200
04-13-2016, 08:43 AM
...or a Christian thing?

Hypothetically, no.

RIGHT - So - if you could be sued, as a bakery, for NOT taking a Gay wedding - the time will come when you are to be Sued for AVOIDING a gay-owned bakery when you want stuff baked. Watch. It will happen. you'll be sued for your 'bigotry' and for denying them business.

No it won't.

darin
04-13-2016, 08:44 AM
No it won't.

Nothing convinces me you're right. The Conservophobes/Christophobes are too vocal; their lobbying too strong for politicians to stand up against.

fj1200
04-13-2016, 08:46 AM
Nothing convinces me you're right. The Conservophobes/Christophobes are too vocal; their lobbying too strong for politicians to stand up against.

You posit a ridiculous scenario IMO.

darin
04-13-2016, 08:50 AM

I get it. I know it's a slippery-slope argument or idea. But dude - really, you've seen how the homophiles/gayophiles? legislate and sue attacking ultimate liberty. In today's society Christians - however stupid and goofy some of them are - are the least protected group. Beyond religious aspects, businesses left and right are being driven out of business by TERRIBLE legislation. Only in MS and NC have we seen recent 'gains' in terms of personal liberty.

It's ridiculous now. But - bear with me here - Science of the day once swore the earth was flat and it was ridiculous to think otherwise. Some folks STILL think humans simple evolved thru random chance and mutation into who we are today. LOTS of things are way out there - until they aren't anymore.

:-/

fj1200
04-13-2016, 08:57 AM
I get it. I know it's a slippery-slope argument or idea. But dude - really, you've seen how the homophiles/gayophiles? legislate and sue attacking ultimate liberty. In today's society Christians - however stupid and goofy some of them are - are the least protected group. Beyond religious aspects, businesses left and right are being driven out of business by TERRIBLE legislation. Only in MS and NC have we seen recent 'gains' in terms of personal liberty.

It's ridiculous now. But - bear with me here - Science of the day once swore the earth was flat and it was ridiculous to think otherwise. Some folks STILL think humans simple evolved thru random chance and mutation into who we are today. LOTS of things are way out there - until they aren't anymore.

There's worlds differences between an NDA law and a law mandating you shop someplace. And as discussed in another thread the gains in MS were faux IMO. The OR laws and others need to be challenged on a Constitutional level not the creation of laws swinging the other way by completely different states.

darin
04-13-2016, 09:01 AM
There's worlds differences between an NDA law and a law mandating you shop someplace. And as discussed in another thread the gains in MS were faux IMO. The OR laws and others need to be challenged on a Constitutional level not the creation of laws swinging the other way by completely different states.

But those differences are closing fast. Watch and see. In europe we see thought-policing. It shall come to pass in the USA when someone is heard saying "I didn't shop at a place because the owners are gay" that person will be fined or regulated.

With how I've seen judges rule the constitution may not matter so much by that point. Fearmongering on my part? Perhaps but to me it's a worth-while thought exercise.

fj1200
04-13-2016, 09:03 AM
But those differences are closing fast. Watch and see. In europe we see thought-policing. It shall come to pass in the USA when someone is heard saying "I didn't shop at a place because the owners are gay" that person will be fined or regulated.

With how I've seen judges rule the constitution may not matter so much by that point. Fearmongering on my part? Perhaps but to me it's a worth-while thought exercise.

No it won't.

:poke:

Abbey Marie
04-13-2016, 09:49 AM

They have already won the right to donate blood to the general blood supply, despite AIDS. Too discriminatory.

Abbey Marie
04-13-2016, 09:51 AM

One would think the current rise in gender-less public restrooms would give people pause, at least.

Abbey Marie
04-13-2016, 09:56 AM

What is the real difference between a city being forced to give preferential treatment in contracts to a minority firm, and a city doing the same with a gay business? I say none, and the former goes on today. The next step, forcing private citizens as well, may not be a big as you think.

glockmail
04-13-2016, 10:06 AM
IF a gay bakery owner ever did such, no one would make a big deal, even if someone complained. We would need to understand their rights and emotions. :rolleyes:

But NO, if I were to go into a gay bakery, and they told me such - I'm off to the next bakery, after of course I give them a piece of my mind. That's my "lawsuit", being able to offer my opinion, which will likely get ME a lawsuit when I'm done.

And the main reason I wouldn't isn't because they are gay, but I simply don't want to take my business to gay folks after having all the BS shoved on me for years now, and for seeing how they whine and demand special treatment and file suits if someone looks at them improperly. They are more then welcome to discriminate against me as I prefer to take my business elsewhere anyway.

Tell the truth, you just don't like their creme filling. :laugh:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-13-2016, 10:06 AM

I do not want a gay person doing anything for me, especially prepping food I may eat.
Also I will not ever deliberately be a customer in a business that is own and/or operated by gays.
Why would I when the world has so many other choices??
Something sad in this world when a damn sexual perversion is considered a civil right and normal people are forced to cater to pervert demands!
They can all kiss a good man's as as far as I am concerned.
Not a man alive can force me to knuckle under to this gay crap.
I'll stomp the living hell out the first one that tries to do that.
One either has freedom or one does not...
To be free one must be willing to fight!!
If too scared to fight, then you are not a free man, as you are slave to your fear and the world will abuse you for that .
EXACTLY AS WE SEE THE AVERAGE, NORMAL DECENT CITIZEN BEING ABUSED TODAY IN THIS NATION..

I WENT INTO A COFFEE SHOP TO GET A CUP OF JOE ABOUT TWO YEARS AGO, THE GUY AT THE COUNTER WAS OBVIOUSLY GAY.
I ASKED THE OTHER GUY IF HE COULD WAIT ON ME INSTEAD OF THE GAY GUY.
HE TOOK OFFENSE ALSO(at my refusing letting a fag serve me), SO I TOLD HIM TO SHOVE IT .
WALKED DOWN TO THE NEXT COFFEE SHOP IN THE MALL, GOT MY COFFEE FROM A NORMAL HUMAN BEING.
SORRY TF, NOBODY GOT SUED..
Somebody might have gotten hurt but the young punks were too scared to do anything but be their liberal asses offended at my
wanting to be served by a decent human and not a damn sexual pervert.
Life is too short to kiss ass to get along..

Besides---- ""getting along"" is way, way overrated IMHO.. Tyr

Kathianne
04-13-2016, 10:09 AM
I think the key to Tyr's post is, "I will not ever deliberately be a customer in a business that is own and/or operated by gays."

I really don't want to know about anyone else's sex lives. Period. If that is a major part of a marketing strategy, I'll pass. Thank you. Actually I don't feel real keen on businesses that post political opinions of owners either, most likely in bookstores. I pass those too.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-13-2016, 10:14 AM
They have already won the right to donate blood to the general blood supply, despite AIDS. Too discriminatory.

They have already won the right to donate blood to the general blood supply, despite AIDS.
^^^ THATS RIGHT ENDANGER THE PUBLIC AT LARGE , RISK OUR LIVES TO CATER TO SEXUAL PERVERTS!!
IF THAT IS NOT LIBERAL INDUCED/ENFORCED INSANITY NOTHING IS.

Another reason the muzzies know they can force major concessions and eventually destroy us/our culture(liberal insanity and cowardice). --TYR

fj1200
04-13-2016, 10:28 AM

Or there isn't really much risk:

Viruses and Infectious DiseasesSome infectious agents, such as HIV, can survive in blood and infect the person receiving the blood transfusion. To keep blood safe, blood banks carefully screen donated blood.
The risk of catching a virus from a blood transfusion is very low.

HIV. Your risk of getting HIV from a blood transfusion is lower than your risk of getting killed by lightning. Only about 1 in 2 million donations might carry HIV and transmit HIV if given to a patient.
Hepatitis B and C. The risk of having a donation that carries hepatitis B is about 1 in 205,000. The risk for hepatitis C is 1 in 2 million. If you receive blood during a transfusion that contains hepatitis, you'll likely develop the virus.
Variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (vCJD). This disease is the human version of Mad Cow Disease. It's a very rare, yet fatal brain disorder. There is a possible risk of getting vCJD from a blood transfusion, although the risk is very low. Because of this, people who may have been exposed to vCJD aren't eligible blood donors.

http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/bt/risks

What is the real difference between a city being forced to give preferential treatment in contracts to a minority firm, and a city doing the same with a gay business? I say none, and the former goes on today. The next step, forcing private citizens as well, may not be a big as you think.

Of course that wasn't the question asked. And it's a worlds wide leap.

I do not want a gay person doing anything for me, especially prepping food I may eat.

People used to say the same thing about blacks.

fj1200
04-13-2016, 10:29 AM
^^^ THATS RIGHT ENDANGER THE PUBLIC AT LARGE , RISK OUR LIVES TO CATER TO SEXUAL PERVERTS!!
IF THAT IS NOT LIBERAL INDUCED/ENFORCED INSANITY NOTHING IS.

Another reason the muzzies know they can force major concessions and eventually destroy us/our culture(liberal insanity and cowardice). --TYR

That sounds like one of your Ebola-induced rants.

pete311
04-13-2016, 10:40 AM
Besides---- ""getting along"" is way, way overrated IMHO.. Tyr

You are living in the wrong decade or maybe century. Go back to your medieval times where everyone is a witch.

Drummond
04-13-2016, 10:42 AM
You are living in the wrong decade or maybe century. Go back to your medieval times where everyone is a witch.

.. and a substantial number of them (the world's population) are Muslims, behaving indistinguishably from today's lot .. ?

.... just sayin' ......

pete311
04-13-2016, 10:50 AM
.. and a substantial number of them (the world's population) are Muslims, behaving indistinguishably from today's lot .. ?

.... just sayin' ......

What is hilarious and disturbing is that many in this community share the same intolerance towards gays, transgenders etc as ISIS lol. Some of you sound like 1 degree away from shoving them off a building.

NightTrain
04-13-2016, 12:09 PM
What is hilarious and disturbing is that many in this community share the same intolerance towards gays, transgenders etc as ISIS lol. Some of you sound like 1 degree away from shoving them off a building.

Do you mean to say that not all Fairies have wings?

Elessar
04-13-2016, 01:01 PM
...or a Christian thing?

All businesses have the right to refuse service to anyone,
in spite of sexual, racial, or radical direction.

Only butt-hurt pussies threaten lawsuits....

I've had a few gay friends, both male and female. Never was a hand
laid on each other except when she was hurt in an auto accident.

I do not broad brush anyone, but the loudest "Gay Rights" squeekers
are disgusting.

pete311
04-13-2016, 01:01 PM
Do you mean to say that not all Fairies have wings?

How about you don't speak in riddles

Elessar
04-13-2016, 01:15 PM
How about you don't speak in riddles

I can see why.

You love to put words into others mouths.

Might need to un-riddle yourself first.

fj1200
04-13-2016, 01:17 PM
All businesses have the right to refuse service to anyone,
in spite of sexual, racial, or radical direction.

Only butt-hurt pussies threaten lawsuits....

Not really.

Voted4Reagan
04-13-2016, 02:33 PM
...or a Christian thing?

That would be Religious discrimination ...

It is illegal

Homosexuality isn't a Religion...

Gunny
04-13-2016, 04:37 PM

Why are you arguing THIS one? The first word is "Hypothetical". And what everyone's saying is correct in this scenario. I personally don't walk into a store and ask if anyone's gay, so I wouldn't know unless they were flamers. I'd just walk out in the latter case. The argument though is valid. Most of us would just buy the damned cake.

And I don't eat cake, btw so this topic is a done deal for me from the get-go.

Elessar
04-13-2016, 06:34 PM
Why are you arguing THIS one? The first word is "Hypothetical". And what everyone's saying is correct in this scenario. I personally don't walk into a store and ask if anyone's gay, so I wouldn't know unless they were flamers. I'd just walk out in the latter case. The argument though is valid. Most of us would just buy the damned cake.

Some get inflamed over the terms for no reason at all...
except to be vocal and contrary!

I don't give a shit what orientation one is unless they try
to force it on me.

Some of these terminal whiners do not see it that way.
They pick a fight when one does not need to be picked rather than just leave it alone.

Gunny
04-13-2016, 06:35 PM
Some get inflamed over the terms for no reason at all...
except to be vocal and contrary!

I don't give a shit what orientation one is unless they try
to force it on me.

Some of these terminal whiners do not see it that way.
They pick a fight when one does not need to be picked rather than just leave it alone.

Figured FJ out, didja? :laugh: He'll argue with you about what color the sky is. :laugh:

Elessar
04-13-2016, 06:49 PM
Figured FJ out, didja? :laugh: He'll argue with you about what color the sky is. :laugh:

If you haven't noticed, I figured that out quite some time ago.

Russ
04-13-2016, 08:24 PM
...or a Christian thing?

Don't forget... Christians are in the "anti-victim" category, meaning they're expected to not complain about anything, and if they do, the courts and media will attack them as being hypocritical, insensitive, non-inclusive, and responsible for every death during the Crusades. The courts will also be all too eager for a chance to make a few makup calls against Christians, no matter what the facts are.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-13-2016, 09:01 PM

Go back. Hell if I and those like me did just that, wimps like you'd be slaughtered the first thing..
You seem to think violence and principled men are strangers or else are non-compatible.
That they are not intelligent and are not the leaders that have made civilizations actually work!
The Greeks credited with the birth of democracy and high enlightenment were ferocious fighters and savage too.
Of course many were fags, so why arent fags and their perversion met with the same disdain?

WITCHES ARE WOMEN THAT DESTROY MEN--THEY ARE REAL--THESE DAYS WE JUST CALL THEM BITCHES...;)

PEOPLE LIKE ME WERE THE ONES THAT MADE THIS NATION GREAT.
I WOULD DIE FIGHTING TO DEFEND ME AND MINE--WOULD YOU?
I doubt it,, doubt it quite seriously...

I'LL TAKE MY STAND ON MORAL PRINCIPLES AGAINST YOUR SO-CALLED ENLIGHTENMENT AND INFINITE TOLERANCE ANY DAY HOSS.. -Tyr

Drummond
04-13-2016, 09:19 PM

-- so educate me. Can you point to anyone on this forum who actually shares ISIS's typically terrorist wish to inflict death on such people ?

Perhaps, in failing in that task, your 'joke' becomes meaningless. Insulting, even ?

aboutime
04-13-2016, 09:22 PM

You go first pete. Sounds like you are more familiar with those times, trying to convince yourself all of us are the WEIRD ones???
You should read your own stuff BEFORE hitting Submit Reply.

Gunny
04-13-2016, 09:40 PM
-- so educate me. Can you point to anyone on this forum who actually shares ISIS's typically terrorist wish to inflict death on such people ?

Perhaps, in failing in that task, your 'joke' becomes meaningless. Insulting, even ?

Can't speak for anyone else but I'll quote from the movie "Soldier". "Soldiers deserve soldiers, sir". Why would I want to fight anyone that can't fight back? Like women children and old folk? They're noncombatants. Play the game like a f*cking man. Put your sh*t on and lets go.

ISIS is a bunch of coward-ass p*ssies. They won't pick a fight with anyone that will fight back. They murder civilians. You want to be some kind of hard-ass and prove it? Show up against those of us that ain't taking your shit instead of picking on sheep. But that would require some balls, wouldn't it?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-13-2016, 10:03 PM
Can't speak for anyone else but I'll quote from the movie "Soldier". "Soldiers deserve soldiers, sir". Why would I want to fight anyone that can't fight back? Like women children and old folk? They're noncombatants. Play the game like a f*cking man. Put your sh*t on and lets go.

ISIS is a bunch of coward-ass p*ssies. They won't pick a fight with anyone that will fight back. They murder civilians. You want to be some kind of hard-ass and prove it? Show up against those of us that ain't taking your shit instead of picking on sheep. But that would require some balls, wouldn't it?
Little peteee seems just a bit to found of the fags and maybe smokes wennies himself methinks..
You know, enlightened that way.... :laugh:

ISIS WOULD BE WIPED OUT IN LESS THAN A MONTH WERE OUR FORCES TRULY TURNED LOSE ON THEM.
CARPET BOMBING, ETC.. THEY COULDNT HOLD UP AGAINST THAT.

SOMEBODY SHOULD BE ASKING WHY THEIR CONTROL AND COMMAND CENTER WAS PUT OFF LIMITS (BY OBAMA) FROM AMERICAN AIRSTRIKES.
BUT THE FRENCH AND RUSSIANS DIDNT CARE ABOUT OBAMA PROTECTING HIS MUSLIM BUDDIES AND HIT IT ANYWAYS WHEN THEY GOT INVOLVED,--Tyr

Elessar
04-14-2016, 12:00 AM
Not really.

IN A WORD: Bullshit!

Butt-hurts do that when they have no other defense,
thinking society has to pay for their own weakness.

Example: Ever sued MacDonald's about the spilled
coffee in your own fat lap....done by you?

Elessar
04-14-2016, 12:05 AM

Pete has not got the sense God gave a goose.

Pissing up a rope with this Liberal idiot.

Elessar
04-14-2016, 12:11 AM

If done right earlier, one bunch of Marines and SF from the Army would have wiped them out.

Toss in some A-10's and AC-130's for support.

But this Asshole in charge is too much a pussy to have stopped it all
during it's inception. Junior Varsity is now killing all over Europe and into
the USA.

Good work Obama and Clinton!!

Voted4Reagan
04-14-2016, 03:38 AM
Go back. Hell if I and those like me did just that, wimps like you'd be slaughtered the first thing..
You seem to think violence and principled men are strangers or else are non-compatible.
That they are not intelligent and are not the leaders that have made civilizations actually work!
The Greeks credited with the birth of democracy and high enlightenment were ferocious fighters and savage too.
Of course many were fags, so why arent fags and their perversion met with the same disdain?

WITCHES ARE WOMEN THAT DESTROY MEN--THEY ARE REAL--THESE DAYS WE JUST CALL THEM BITCHES...;)

PEOPLE LIKE ME WERE THE ONES THAT MADE THIS NATION GREAT.
I WOULD DIE FIGHTING TO DEFEND ME AND MINE--WOULD YOU?
I doubt it,, doubt it quite seriously...

I'LL TAKE MY STAND ON MORAL PRINCIPLES AGAINST YOUR SO-CALLED ENLIGHTENMENT AND INFINITE TOLERANCE ANY DAY HOSS.. -Tyr

oooooohhhhh... Wiccan is gonna kick your ass......

indago
04-14-2016, 05:49 AM
Don't forget... Christians are in the "anti-victim" category, meaning they're expected to not complain about anything, and if they do, the courts and media will attack them as being hypocritical, insensitive, non-inclusive, and responsible for every death during the Crusades. The courts will also be all too eager for a chance to make a few makup calls against Christians, no matter what the facts are.

"Christians are in the "anti-victim" category, meaning they're expected to not complain about anything..."

Yes, turn the other cheek 'n sech...

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-14-2016, 06:11 AM
oooooohhhhh... Wiccan is gonna kick your ass......

I made no comparison at all with those that are Wiccan.
I pointed out that these days that witch and bitch are commonly CONSIDERED to be the same in verbiage,
and no true witch has ever harmed me but a whole damn passel of "bitches" have in the past!
She'll understand my meaning and that I would not insult her, got too much respect for her intelligence,
CHARACTER AND CIVILITY TO EVER DO SUCH A LOW DEMEANING THING MY FRIEND.
I DO NOT INSULT MY FRIENDS.-TYR

fj1200
04-14-2016, 10:09 AM

Actually what you quoted was not my opinion of the hypothetical presented. What you quoted was my opinion of people being forced to go to gay owned stores. FWIW I'm not sure I disagreed with anyone's right to walk out of a store where they don't want to take advantage of services.

fj1200
04-14-2016, 10:16 AM

:confused: It's kind of grayish today. YMMV. :poke:

If you haven't noticed, I figured that out quite some time ago.

Do tell.

IN A WORD: Bullshit!

Butt-hurts do that when they have no other defense,
thinking society has to pay for their own weakness.

Example: Ever sued MacDonald's about the spilled
coffee in your own fat lap....done by you?

Actually it's true, all businesses do not have the right to refuse service to anyone. It's called the Civil Rights Act.

And no. I've never sued McDonald's. I try not to go there.