PDA

View Full Version : Glock's Off Topic Reviews

glockmail
03-31-2016, 08:14 AM
Great, but you're too stubborn to take my advice. And you know next to nothing about cars...

darin
03-31-2016, 08:58 AM
Great, but you're too stubborn to take my advice. And you know next to nothing about cars...

It's that last part that makes you a complete and utter tool. You don't offer advice, you ridicule and get snarky because...I dunno? Jealousy? whatever your motivation, you are non-value-added to I think ANYTHING I post. And that's YOUR choice.

glockmail
03-31-2016, 09:33 AM
Why should I offer you advice? Again, you're still stubborn. And, like a twelve-year-old, you think you know everything. :laugh:

Jealous? Hardly. Unlike you, I actually know how cars work, how to repair/ maintain/ restore them, how to customize them...

glockmail
03-31-2016, 09:49 AM
BTW MyLord, I actually had a stint with an online car "magazine", and wrote several articles. The editor told me I was the best that he had at the time because of my technical perspective- all his other writers were simply "car fans", and wrote the type of shit that you did. I stopped writing for him because of his policy of requiring a set number of articles/ week before he paid my due percentage. I own a consulting company and when I'm busy, which is more often than not, I can't afford the time necessary to do the technical research to write at the quality level that I insist for myself.

Several months after I quit he called me, begging me back. I told him that unless he changed his policy, no.

darin
04-01-2016, 12:13 AM
Why should I offer you advice? Again, you're still stubborn. And, like a twelve-year-old, you think you know everything. :laugh:

Jealous? Hardly. Unlike you, I actually know how cars work, how to repair/ maintain/ restore them, how to customize them...

I rest my case. You're petulant, and offer nothing in terms of value with your posts. Enjoy patting yourself on the back for your self-promoted-but-never-displayed "car knowldge". I am sure nobody is prouder of you than you.

glockmail
04-01-2016, 07:37 AM
...your self-promoted-but-never-displayed "car knowldge" [sic] You mean never-acknowledged-by-self-promotin'-girlie-car-drivin' MyLord. :laugh:

darin
04-01-2016, 08:16 AM
You mean never-acknowledged-by-self-promotin'-girlie-car-drivin' MyLord. :laugh:

No, I mean you scream about having knowledge but you must keep it secret. It's stupid and immature of you, but you are free to be you.

glockmail
04-01-2016, 09:50 AM
No, I mean you scream about having knowledge but you must keep it secret. It's stupid and immature of you, but you are free to be you.

"Screaming"? Hardly. That's just you, butt hurt, since you are nothing more than a "car fan", while I actually get my hands dirty repairing and modifying. :laugh:

NightTrain
04-01-2016, 09:53 AM
"Screaming"? Hardly. That's just you, butt hurt, since you are nothing more than a "car fan", while I actually get my hands dirty repairing and modifying. :laugh:

Why are you ripping on an article that Darin had published? It's kind of cool that his review got picked up.

Why don't you post a link here of your articles that you've had published and we'll critique them to see if they're as stellar as you claim?

glockmail
04-01-2016, 10:50 AM
Why are you ripping on an article that Darin had published? It's kind of cool that his review got picked up.

Why don't you post a link here of your articles that you've had published and we'll critique them to see if they're as stellar as you claim?

My posts about vehicles that I currently own and modify should suffice as evidence of my expertise.

NightTrain
04-01-2016, 11:02 AM
My posts about vehicles that I currently own and modify should suffice as evidence of my expertise.

It doesn't. Besides, you were ripping on him about his writing & lack of knowledge, and generally being a dick for no particular reason.

Anyway, who is most likely to buy that minivan being reviewed? A gear head or a suburban housewife? I really doubt that the soccer mom will give a rat's ass about the final drive ratio or compression.

BTW MyLord, I actually had a stint with an online car "magazine", and wrote several articles. The editor told me I was the best that he had at the time because of my technical perspective- all his other writers were simply "car fans", and wrote the type of shit that you did. I stopped writing for him because of his policy of requiring a set number of articles/ week before he paid my due percentage. I own a consulting company and when I'm busy, which is more often than not, I can't afford the time necessary to do the technical research to write at the quality level that I insist for myself.

Several months after I quit he called me, begging me back. I told him that unless he changed his policy, no.

Link those articles and we'll do a free critique for you.

darin
04-01-2016, 11:32 AM

How many miles of non- 1/4mile track driving do you have? I've probably done more motor swaps, frame-offs, and garage and off-road mechanical repair than you'd understand. You're dumb. If you know anything about cars you are people-dumb; which is worse than almost anything.

jimnyc
04-01-2016, 12:32 PM
Learn how to write and you may make more.

BTW MyLord, I actually had a stint with an online car "magazine", and wrote several articles. The editor told me I was the best that he had at the time because of my technical perspective- all his other writers were simply "car fans", and wrote the type of shit that you did

Based on the bragging, I wouldn't mind reading these articles that Glock wrote either. Surely if the editor said he was the BEST, I would assume we are in for some good reading. And if nothing, at least a comparison.

Linky, link, Glock?

glockmail
04-04-2016, 07:32 PM
Based on the bragging, I wouldn't mind reading these articles that Glock wrote either. Surely if the editor said he was the BEST, I would assume we are in for some good reading. And if nothing, at least a comparison.

Linky, link, Glock?
Sorry, but based on some of the sick enemies that I've made here and elsewhere under this moniker, I'm not about to provide linky links to my real name. As I've said earlier, I've written enough posts about cars and technical shit that prove my expertise.

How many miles of non- 1/4mile track driving do you have? I've probably done more motor swaps, frame-offs, and garage and off-road mechanical repair than you'd understand. You're dumb. If you know anything about cars you are people-dumb; which is worse than almost anything.

Based on your writing I doubt that you have a tool box, or done anything more complicated than change your oil. :laugh:

It doesn't. Besides, you were ripping on him about his writing & lack of knowledge, and generally being a dick for no particular reason.

Anyway, who is most likely to buy that minivan being reviewed? A gear head or a suburban housewife? I really doubt that the soccer mom will give a rat's ass about the final drive ratio or compression.

Link those articles and we'll do a free critique for you.

That suburban housewife is gonna love how he stuffed his kids in the car then ripped down the autobahn. Not.

Kathianne
04-04-2016, 09:26 PM
That suburban housewife is gonna love how he stuffed his kids in the car then ripped down the autobahn. Not.

She is unlikely to worry about going that fast with her kids in the car, but will know the power is there to pass and to fit things in the minivan.

darin
04-05-2016, 12:16 AM
I'm not sorry you are a blow-hard liar, glock. I'm not sorry you dont seem to lnow shit about cars beyond paying a guy to work on them, i'm not sorry youre an egomaniac, and i'm not sorry my job is to review mostly non-north american cars, highlighting living with them IN EUROPE. I am not sorry you have no experience actually driving cars at 8/10ths capacity. What i feel isnt sorrow; its a little pity because you are a seemingly-grown man with such obvious and deep self-esteem issues. Every bully is. Every bully talks shit and cannot back up anything except using "trust me!"

10s of thousands of miles in hmmwvs on amd off road? Thats me.
Hundreds of miles at large and small race tracks? Me too.
Engine swaps in domestic steel cars? Yup. Three.
Transmission and clutch work in new sports cars? Six.
First car - 72 IH Scout II. 33" bfgs and got it stuck and broken off and on road dozens of times.
Weirdest car - 81? 84?? Fiat 126. 2 cyl, air cooled. Top speed ~110km/hr
Fastest car - 06 Legacy GT (27psi, bigger turbo, fuel, and TMIC - tuned on my laptop). Think 2012ish camaro SS speed with 4 doors.
I could go on but your ego wont let you ever care because you feel threatened

Kathianne
04-05-2016, 12:20 AM
Seems to me that those 'soccer moms' and such are much more interested in cup holders, leg space, overall car amenities than about swapping out engines and what have you! How many new car buyers are into that?

jimnyc
04-05-2016, 06:32 AM
Sorry, but based on some of the sick enemies that I've made here and elsewhere under this moniker, I'm not about to provide linky links to my real name. As I've said earlier, I've written enough posts about cars and technical shit that prove my expertise.

I too believe your posting history shows you know a lot about cars, certainly more than I do! I say the same about Darin too, he kicks my ass in knowledge of cars. But we're talking about writing. How about you write me a review of a 2016 Ford Mustand GT 350 Shelby? :)

darin
04-05-2016, 06:43 AM
I too believe your posting history shows you know a lot about cars, certainly more than I do! I say the same about Darin too, he kicks my ass in knowledge of cars. But we're talking about writing. How about you write me a review of a 2016 Ford Mustand GT 350 Shelby? :)

I think he's formed opinions about cars and feels threatened with those are challenged. I'm a driver. My perspectives are driving/track-centric. I've turned wrenches out of necessity. But I don't lord over anyone what I know - that said I also don't like seeing misinformation or ignorance passed off as 'knowledge'.

Couple facts people should operate under:

If you want to be a better driver, go to a track day in whatever car you have.
If you want better brakes, buy better pads first. That will solve 85% of whatever it is you think you need.
CVT's sap the soul.
Shops doing repairs 'by the book' benefit the shop, not the customer.
Consumer reports is an awful place to find good data about a car you want to buy; visit the forums.
Buy tires with the best-possible traction. A tire with a 50,000 lifespan won't do you any good if you slide off the road at 25,000 miles.
Winter tires (I suggest blizzaks or General Altimax arctic - cuz i've used both with great results) on your car will help it do better on cold/icy/snowy roads than an all-wheel-drive or 4x4 using all-season or summer tires.
Speed does NOT kill. Poor decisions and low levels of skill kill.

glockmail
04-07-2016, 09:31 AM
I could go on but your ego wont let you ever care because you feel threatened

Total irony here, MyLord. :lol:

glockmail
04-07-2016, 09:32 AM

"It's fast." :laugh:

darin
04-08-2016, 04:29 AM
Total irony here, MyLord. :lol:

Its ironic your ego is threatened by me? Im not sure irony means what you think it means. Essentially your arguments have devolved to "no!! YOU are.."

jimnyc
04-08-2016, 05:50 AM
"It's fast." :laugh:

I'll bet my 2016 choice kicks the crap out of any of your cars!! :)

glockmail
04-12-2016, 10:52 AM
Its ironic your ego is threatened by me? Im not sure irony means what you think it means. Essentially your arguments have devolved to "no!! YOU are.."

More irony! :laugh:

glockmail
04-12-2016, 10:57 AM
I'll bet my 2016 choice kicks the crap out of any of your cars!! :)

Here's a linky to a very limited discussion on the engine for the GT350. http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?53380-Our-Ports-Flow-Better-Than-Ferrari-s&p=790949#post790949

So sorry, MyLord. :coffee:

darin
04-12-2016, 12:27 PM
Why are you sorry? For being a buffoon? Dont be sorry just dont be a blow hard asshole.

glockmail
04-12-2016, 12:35 PM
For destroying you. Is "asshole" your new signature? It fits. :laugh:

darin
04-13-2016, 12:40 AM
For destroying you. Is "asshole" your new signature? It fits. :laugh:

Destroying me? By proving you don't know shit compared to what you claim to know? Your e-penis must be HUGE. Nobody takes you seriously.

Kathianne
04-13-2016, 04:11 AM
Destroying me? By proving you don't know shit compared to what you claim to know? Your e-penis must be HUGE. Nobody takes you seriously.

I'm still waiting for the link(s) to his 'reviews' that were so popular, according to him. Jim asked for the links, still not provided. I believe he was criticizing yours for 'style?'

The link to one of his posts did not read as a 'review' in any sense to me. It was more like a manual type of writing or something?

I do read car reviews when I start to shop for a car. I want to know how they drive, how quick they are, how many miles they get per gallon. I want to know estimated cost to maintain and what amenities are included, which are optional, but recommended.

If I were going to repair my own car, I'd buy a Chilton's or other good manual for the car I owned. I doubt though I'm going to start doing so. ;)

darin
04-13-2016, 04:16 AM
I'm still waiting for the link(s) to his 'reviews' that were so demand that Jim asked for. I believe he was criticizing yours for 'style?'

The link to one of his posts did not read as a 'review' in any sense to me. It was more like a manual type of writing or something?

I do read car reviews when I start to shop for a car. I want to know how they drive, how quick they are, how many miles they get per gallon. I want to know estimated cost to maintain and what amenities are included, which are optional, but recommended.

If I were going to repair my own car, I'd buy a Chilton's or other good manual for the car I owned. I doubt though I'm going to start doing so. ;)

Glock pointed to himself quoting somebody else about an engine he likes. (shrug). Then he goes on talking about the technical aspects anyone can google and find out. Glock is an interesting lady; She copies and pastes technical aspects of things - maybe some of it is original content - and thinks everyone should be amazed. She is like a Pharisee at best - knowledge of the law but no concept of how not to be a dick when trying to relate that knowledge.

When I write I write about how stuff is. I want folks to get an idea of what it's like - not what it IS. And I'm a terrific writer to people who feel. :) Engineers probably hate it - but I don't give a shit about Engineers because they are largely people-dumb.

glockmail
04-13-2016, 08:16 AM
Actually, MyLord, what surprised me the most about your review was the sheer crappiness of your writing, not just the complete lack of technical information. :laugh:

Google "left-right-left-right-left-left-right-right firing" and see what you get. Nothing there about crankshaft design. This proves your accusation against me wrong. Also no comment from you disputing my analysis, proving your ineptness.

Thanks for the misogynist post, not to mention your bigotry against engineers. The reality is, I deal with the public daily, educating them on engineering issues affecting their safety and investments, convincing them to fork over large amounts of cash to protect themselves. I also do expert witness work, and bulldoze through reams of technical jargon, making sense of it all to juries. That's how I make my living, and I'm very, very good at it.

I also consider myself an expert on human nature, and I see that you are jealous of my mastery of technical issues. Keep that shit coming. :laugh:

darin
04-13-2016, 08:24 AM
Actually, MyLord, what surprised me the most about your review was the sheer crappiness of your writing, not just the complete lack of technical information. :laugh:

Google "left-right-left-right-left-left-right-right firing" and see what you get. Nothing there about crankshaft design. This proves your accusation against me wrong. Also no comment from you disputing my analysis, proving your ineptness.

Thanks for the misogynist post, not to mention your bigotry against engineers. The reality is, I deal with the public daily, educating them on engineering issues affecting their safety and investments, convincing them to fork over large amounts of cash to protect themselves. I also do expert witness work, and bulldoze through reams of technical jargon, making sense of it all to juries. That's how I make my living, and I'm very, very good at it.

I also consider myself an expert on human nature, and I see that you are jealous of my mastery of technical issues. Keep that shit coming. :laugh:

Except you are wrong. You are always wrong when it comes to people. And you're wrong about the only link you provided...where you simply posted a link and then commented on shit. The proof you dont know what you are talking about is this: You bought drilled and slotted rotors for an explorer. (shrug). Despite evidence you made a bad choice you stuck to your guns. Do you know technical shit? Sure - I bet you know. But do you know real-world shit? No evidence that is the case.

You are a fucking progressive liberal. BIGOTRY against engineers? Engineers being a little 'off' is a cliche but it's a cliche because it's true. I write for the common man because I am the common man - the common man with excellent writing skills, fair amount of experience on a track, and car guy having touched almost every aspect of ownership and enthusiasm for the same.

I'm not sorry you suck, but you suck. It's too bad you choose to be an asshole. You're a terrible person.

glockmail
04-13-2016, 08:43 AM
Sure I bought drilled and slotted rotors for my Exploder. They were inexpensive and lasted about as long as the OE type. I have since replaced them with lifetime warranty rotors. That little truck is 12 years old, approaching 150k miles and my son is driving it now while he is saving up for a downpayment on his first home. It runs like a top, with it's little 'ol German-built V6. (Left-right-left-right-left-right.) You see, MyLord, unlike you I'm not afraid to make modifications to my vehicles and try out different things.

My son is also an engineer, and so is my dad. My wife's dad was also an engineer and so was her grandfather. I find your misunderstanding of engineers, and your obvious hatred of them, deliciously amusing. :laugh:

glockmail
04-13-2016, 08:46 AM
Jim you should call this thread "Glock's destruction of MyLord". :laugh: