PDA

View Full Version : Something about Glock whining, then Gunny said something cuz the Board was broken

Gunny
04-13-2016, 04:30 PM
Yeah. Just give me another one of those. At least last time I had one they put me in the middle of the desert. You going to let me drive in traffic with THAT? :laugh2:

Just heard on the news ISIS has over a hundred Hummers our illustrious leader left behind.

Elessar
04-13-2016, 06:52 PM
Just heard on the news ISIS has over a hundred Hummers our illustrious leader left behind.

Off topic, but:

Worthless...no sense at all.

He created the monster and is feeding it.

Gunny
04-14-2016, 09:26 AM
You'll find all off topic posts prior to this one in the cage. Anyone know what that lame f*cker jimnyc did to the board now? Don't tell me he's trying to "fix" something again. Crap. I hate change. Especially when it's not for the better.

Kathianne
04-14-2016, 09:29 AM
Anyone know what that lame f*cker @jimnyc (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=1) did to the board now? Don't tell me he's trying to "fix" something again. Crap. I hate change. Especially when it's not for the better.

Actually, I made a mistake, (first time for everything-ooops!) The board went down and posts were lost, including many excellent ones of mine. :laugh:

The posts moved to the cage were not from this thread, rather the 'review thread' of Darin's.

My apologies to both Glock and Gunny.

Gunny
04-14-2016, 09:36 AM
Actually, I made a mistake, (first time for everything-ooops!) The board went down and posts were lost, including many excellent ones of mine. :laugh: The posts moved to the cage were not from this thread, rather the 'review thread' of Darin's. My apologies to both Glock and Gunny. I'm going to die of old age before these pages load dammit. I made a comment in the cage and that was it. I don't want to be part of it. If Darin wants to go at it with Glock, it's HIS business. I'll watch. I spent too many years dealing with him. You either kill him or leave him alone or ban him. He ain't going to shut up. I LOVE not being the admin here.

Kathianne
04-14-2016, 09:41 AM
I'm going to die of old age before these pages load dammit. I made a comment in the cage and that was it. I don't want to be part of it. If Darin wants to go at it with Glock, it's HIS business. I'll watch. I spent too many years dealing with him. You either kill him or leave him alone or ban him. He ain't going to shut up. I LOVE not being the admin here.

Ah, not about Glock, that was not my intention. He wondered if his post(s) were removed, not by staff and not just his. By some hiccup in the board. Anyways, carry on.

Gunny
04-14-2016, 09:46 AM
Ah, not about Glock, that was not my intention. He wondered if his post(s) were removed, not by staff and not just his. By some hiccup in the board. Anyways, carry on. Well, someone needs to get hold of genius Jim. I'm having a damned fit with this crap. Should have known. I get some free time and the board has to screw up. I can't even find anything and the emoticons won't post. I could care less about Glock. He can take care of himself just fine. And I already told you I have no idea where anything is, Ms Kath. It's a lot harder when the damned board doesn't know either.

Kathianne
04-14-2016, 09:57 AM
Well, someone needs to get hold of genius Jim. I'm having a damned fit with this crap. Should have known. I get some free time and the board has to screw up. I can't even find anything and the emoticons won't post. I could care less about Glock. He can take care of himself just fine. And I already told you I have no idea where anything is, Ms Kath. It's a lot harder when the damned board doesn't know either.

I believe the call has been made. Site seems to be moving faster than it was. :laugh:
smilies loading.

Gunny
04-14-2016, 10:00 AM
I believe the call has been made. Site seems to be moving faster than it was. :laugh: smilies loading. How come you get smilies and I don't? What kind of crap is THAT?

Kathianne
04-14-2016, 10:04 AM
How come you get smilies and I don't? What kind of crap is THAT?

LOL! :laugh2::laugh::cool:

jimnyc
04-14-2016, 12:11 PM
Resorting to removing posts now? :laugh:

Anyone know what that lame f*cker @jimnyc (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=1) did to the board now? Don't tell me he's trying to "fix" something again. Crap. I hate change. Especially when it's not for the better.

It would appear that any posts made within a half hour to an hour prior to whatever issue earlier - are now gone. I'm pissed too, but shit happens.

Glock - we would never just remove posts. Move, yes. But we/I don't delete posts, never have and never will - even if someone is mocking me of making fun of me or whatever.

jimnyc
04-14-2016, 12:13 PM
Well, someone needs to get hold of genius Jim. I'm having a damned fit with this crap. Should have known. I get some free time and the board has to screw up. I can't even find anything and the emoticons won't post. I could care less about Glock. He can take care of himself just fine. And I already told you I have no idea where anything is, Ms Kath. It's a lot harder when the damned board doesn't know either.

Hey, I was even trying to fix whatever the hell was happening from my lame cell phone! Ask NT, I was cruising on the Hutchinson Parkway, doing about 80, and complaining that I couldn't get the damn site to load.

But if it made you miserable, even if just for a few minutes, then it was well worth it. :)

Black Diamond
04-14-2016, 12:49 PM
Hey, I was even trying to fix whatever the hell was happening from my lame cell phone! Ask NT, I was cruising on the Hutchinson Parkway, doing about 80, and complaining that I couldn't get the damn site to load.

But if it made you miserable, even if just for a few minutes, then it was well worth it. :)

How does NT know where you are?

Elessar
04-14-2016, 12:58 PM
Should drive around here. I've driven in LA, Miami, DC, San Diego and even Okinawa and STILL have NEVER seen sh*t like this place. This is straggler Hell. Let me take 10 minutes and just enough car lengths to ensure you can't get out heaven. Everywhere else it's bumper to bumper. Not this place. It's we'll drag this sh*t out into perdition.

I always said, the most precious piece of real estate in SoCal was that safety
margin between you and the car ahead of you. Someone was always trying
to take that margin away, especially on the 405!

Gunny
04-14-2016, 01:01 PM

Uh huh. You suck. You're supposed to be on top of this sh*t.

If someone wasn't making my life miserable I wouldn't know how to act. :laugh:

jimnyc
04-14-2016, 01:17 PM

He works for the CIA. I think he also placed some software on my cell that I can't locate, which gives him a GPS with my location at all times. Damn stalker always finds me!! :)

NT lets me know if he sees any issues and doesn't see me online. He'll text me at times to confirm it's not just on his end, and I'll open a ticket with my provider should it be on their end. The majority of the times issues will fix themselves. Other times they just need to be notified, and then maybe reboot the server or whatever. But they can't help if they aren't aware.

jimnyc
04-14-2016, 01:20 PM
Uh huh. You suck. You're supposed to be on top of this sh*t.

If someone wasn't making my life miserable I wouldn't know how to act. :laugh:

I was actually! It started prior to me leaving, but I had no choice. I opened a ticket then bailed. I saw a reply like 20 minutes later telling me it was all resolved, but it was still slow afterwards, and is still a little rocky right now. Sometimes I wish I just had access to the server room to fix most of the issues myself, especially when it's just to reboot a server or service.

And you should be good then, and always know how to act, as I'll be more than happy to try and make you miserable when I can! :lol:

Black Diamond
04-14-2016, 02:13 PM
He works for the CIA. I think he also placed some software on my cell that I can't locate, which gives him a GPS with my location at all times. Damn stalker always finds me!! :)

NT lets me know if he sees any issues and doesn't see me online. He'll text me at times to confirm it's not just on his end, and I'll open a ticket with my provider should it be on their end. The majority of the times issues will fix themselves. Other times they just need to be notified, and then maybe reboot the server or whatever. But they can't help if they aren't aware.
I believe the first paragraph. :cool:

jimnyc
04-14-2016, 02:17 PM
I believe the first paragraph. :cool:

Watch out for the silent black copters, that's just NT following us around. :)

Gunny
04-14-2016, 02:39 PM
Watch out for the silent black copters, that's just NT following us around. :)

That's HIM? F*cker. Quit hovering around my house, dammit. :laugh:

Black Diamond
04-14-2016, 02:42 PM
That's HIM? F*cker. Quit hovering around my house, dammit. :laugh:

He was flying the helicopter in goodfellas.

indago
04-14-2016, 05:52 PM
I saw the board was messed up this morning so I stayed away until it got fixed. I knew it would just be a matter of time, and no use pissing and moaning and Whining'nSniveling about it...

And speaking of "Whining'nSniveling"...

GO HERE (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?49744-The-aboutime-and-Gunny-Snivel-Thread&p=735589#post735589)

NightTrain
04-15-2016, 04:42 AM
Jim and I use our respective geographic locations to verify that the board is acting weird on both ends... there's been more than a few times that the board was working fine from NYC but unresponsive from AK. Sometimes the reverse is true, like yesterday - I could load and work the site -slowly- but Jim was not able to get on.

And then there's the times that no one can get on, so we text each other and bitch about incompetent network IT geeks and their routing tables.

One time there were thousands of bots hammering the site and we started very carefully blacklisting small IP blocks from the servers hosting them until the site recovered... in that instance the site was so overwhelmed that a simple page refresh took over a minute but we finally whittled them down until things were smooth again.

But yesterday my black helicopter was dispatched to keep an eye on Petey. :tinfoil:

Gunny
04-15-2016, 07:09 AM
Jim and I use our respective geographic locations to verify that the board is acting weird on both ends... there's been more than a few times that the board was working fine from NYC but unresponsive from AK. Sometimes the reverse is true, like yesterday - I could load and work the site -slowly- but Jim was not able to get on.

And then there's the times that no one can get on, so we text each other and bitch about incompetent network IT geeks and their routing tables.

One time there were thousands of bots hammering the site and we started very carefully blacklisting small IP blocks from the servers hosting them until the site recovered... in that instance the site was so overwhelmed that a simple page refresh took over a minute but we finally whittled them down until things were smooth again.

But yesterday my black helicopter was dispatched to keep an eye on Petey. :tinfoil:

LMFAO. :laugh2: Now I want to know just whose helicopter was flying around half the night last night.:laugh2:

I get the rest. Some people who have no lives love to flood post boards. That used to aggravate the sh*t out of me. Bad enough you have just glitches then some dweeb has to come along and do it on purpose. I REALLY hate it when I'm playing Mr Mom and only get so much time.

glockmail
04-15-2016, 07:39 AM
Actually, I made a mistake, (first time for everything-ooops!) The board went down and posts were lost, including many excellent ones of mine. :laugh:

The posts moved to the cage were not from this thread, rather the 'review thread' of Darin's.

My apologies to both Glock and Gunny.

I'm going to die of old age before these pages load dammit. I made a comment in the cage and that was it. I don't want to be part of it. If Darin wants to go at it with Glock, it's HIS business. I'll watch. I spent too many years dealing with him. You either kill him or leave him alone or ban him. He ain't going to shut up. I LOVE not being the admin here.

Sorry Dude and Dudette, but we're not going to be taking long, hot showers together anytime soon, if at all. :laugh:

Abbey Marie
04-15-2016, 07:55 AM

Shh! We all meet on the Hutch daily.