View Full Version : Mom charged with beating kids on plane

nevadamedic
07-18-2007, 09:27 PM
Story Highlights

California mom charged in beating kids, 2 and 4, on flight to Denver
Tamera Freeman also charged with interfering with the flight crew
FBI affidavit quotes passengers as saying Freeman appeared intoxicated

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/07/18/mom.airplane.charges.ap/index.html

I keep saying we need more Air Marshal's, and I think it would help in situations like this. child abuse is a really touchy thing, to one person they could be discliplining their kids but to someone who is overley sensative it could be abuse. Now if she was really intoxicated and threw a drink at the flight attendant that doesn't help her case. I honestly think every flight should have an Air Marshal on it, but that will probably never happen and that's unfortunate.

waterrescuedude2000
07-18-2007, 09:48 PM
Yes I agree we do need more Air marshals on planes. But it would be impossible to put one on every single flight. There are way too many flights a day to put one on every plane. Would cost too much and our taxes would go up even more. Why not just let all law enforcement officers carry guns on board when they are traveling. Only federal law enforcement can carry on planes. Or federal certified. I have a family friend that trains federal law enforcement but he is not a cop. But he can carry a gun on a plane.

nevadamedic
07-18-2007, 09:52 PM
Yes I agree we do need more Air marshals on planes. But it would be impossible to put one on every single flight. There are way too many flights a day to put one on every plane. Would cost too much and our taxes would go up even more. Why not just let all law enforcement officers carry guns on board when they are traveling. Only federal law enforcement can carry on planes. Or federal certified. I have a family friend that trains federal law enforcement but he is not a cop. But he can carry a gun on a plane.

Actually any active Peace Officer can carry a gun on a plane. My brother even can and he is not a cop anymore, hes with the Department of Corrections.

waterrescuedude2000
07-18-2007, 10:10 PM
I know that before 9-11 they couldnt cause they were only considered "State Sworn peace officers" Bush changed that after 9-11 though that a cop can carry in all 50 states.

nevadamedic
07-18-2007, 10:12 PM
I know that before 9-11 they couldnt cause they were only considered "State Sworn peace officers" Bush changed that after 9-11 though that a cop can carry in all 50 states.

If nothing else the Airlines can hire private security for their flights that are armed.

glockmail
07-18-2007, 10:46 PM
If Mom feels the need to beat on her kids then so be it.

nevadamedic
07-18-2007, 10:49 PM
If Mom feels the need to beat on her kids then so be it.

Yea but there are situations where it can be to much or to severe or not warented.

glockmail
07-18-2007, 10:52 PM
Yea but there are situations where it can be to much or to severe or not warented.Disciplining your kids is always warranted. Builds charachter.

nevadamedic
07-18-2007, 10:54 PM
Disciplining your kids is always warranted. Builds charachter.

There a big difference between discipline and abuse.

glockmail
07-18-2007, 10:55 PM
There a big difference between discipline and abuse. As long as you don't draw blood no diff.

nevadamedic
07-18-2007, 11:01 PM
As long as you don't draw blood no diff.

Or brake a bone or tooth or leave a bruise.

glockmail
07-19-2007, 06:06 AM
Or brake a bone or tooth or leave a bruise. I agree a broke bone would be excessive. A tooth knocked out would be OK as long as it was just a baby tooth. Bruises heal easily and are part of growing up- builds character.