PDA

View Full Version : 70 Horses Saved In Houston Floods

Kathianne
04-19-2016, 06:54 PM
Poor Texas, those floods...

https://gma.yahoo.com/heartbreaking-videos-show-horses-struggling-stay-above-quickly-172634165--abc-news-topstories.html

Video is at site:

Dramatic videos capture the moments in which struggling horses fought to keep their heads above fast-rising waters as deadly flooding swept through the Houston, Texas, area Monday.

Cypress Trails Equestrians owner Darolyn Butler has 75 horses, and she told ABC News today that 69 or 70 of them escaped Monday when creek waters quickly rose 25 or 27 feet over the normal level.

The videos show some of Butler's horses nearly completely submerged, with just their heads sticking out of the water.

Elessar
04-19-2016, 06:58 PM
Got a friend who lives there.

Said it was awful!

Gunny
04-19-2016, 07:07 PM
Poor Texas, those floods...

https://gma.yahoo.com/heartbreaking-videos-show-horses-struggling-stay-above-quickly-172634165--abc-news-topstories.html

Video is at site:

[/FONT][/COLOR]

The ground's too dry. It can't absorb a lot of water at one time. It runs off into rivers and creeks that over-flood. Then you can watch the neighbors house floating down the road. :laugh:

I didn't know they even had 70 horses in Houston. They have the worst rush hour traffic from Hell I've ever been caught in.

Kathianne
04-19-2016, 07:08 PM
The ground's too dry. It can't absorb a lot of water at one time. It runs off into rivers and creeks that over-flood. Then you can watch the neighbors house floating down the road. :laugh:

I didn't know they even had 70 horses in Houston. They have the worst rush hour traffic from Hell I've ever been caught in.

10" in 24 hours would flood most places. I can't imagine what would happen here in the mountains! Sheesh, it's all rock!

Gunny
04-19-2016, 07:16 PM
10" in 24 hours would flood most places. I can't imagine what would happen here in the mountains! Sheesh, it's all rock!

Same in Texas. From central to east Texas the ground is full of rock.

Abbey Marie
04-19-2016, 07:50 PM
Poor babies!