PDA

View Full Version : Wow - just wow

jimnyc
07-18-2007, 10:36 PM
I've had the movie "Reign over me" for several weeks now but was hesitant to watch it. Adam Sandler in a dramatic movie just didn't sound right, and the reviews were just mediocre.

I just watched it now and am overcome with so many emotions. It literally gave me a headache and I had to pop a few aspirin before I head to bed.

Adam and Don Cheadle were fantastic. As a supporting role, Liv Tyler was also excellent.

I felt both of them, the pain they were feeling, but obviously more so for Adam Sandler in his role.

Without ruining anything as this is in the trailer:

Adam Sandler had a wife, 3 young daughters and a poodle. They were in Boston while he was in NYC, and they were all going to meet in LA. Of course their plane never made it, and Adam's life was never the same. He blocks out the world. Until one day when he is found by his old college roommate, Don Cheadle. They slowly become friends again and sort of help one another, but more just being friends.

I don't know what to say. I never thought I'd see the day that Adam Sandler would bring a tear to my eye. There was little action, little comedy, little of anything for that fact - just 2 buddies dealing with issues and talking.

This ranks up there as one of my new favorites of all time. It depressed the hell out of me but sometimes allowing your emotions to come out isn't such a bad thing. Now I just hope I can sleep this evening thinking about what I just saw.

I know this sounds weird and I'm horrible at explaining things, but do yourselves a favor and see this movie. If it doesn't bring a tear or 2 at a few parts, then you just aren't human.

That's it. Just see it.

I feel like I've been beaten up and I'm exhausted from this. Not many movies have been able to do that to me.

nevadamedic
07-18-2007, 10:41 PM
I've had the movie "Reign over me" for several weeks now but was hesitant to watch it. Adam Sandler in a dramatic movie just didn't sound right, and the reviews were just mediocre.

I just watched it now and am overcome with so many emotions. It literally gave me a headache and I had to pop a few aspirin before I head to bed.

Adam and Don Cheadle were fantastic. As a supporting role, Liv Tyler was also excellent.

I felt both of them, the pain they were feeling, but obviously more so for Adam Sandler in his role.

Without ruining anything as this is in the trailer:

Adam Sandler had a wife, 3 young daughters and a poodle. They were in Boston while he was in NYC, and they were all going to meet in LA. Of course their plane never made it, and Adam's life was never the same. He blocks out the world. Until one day when he is found by his old college roommate, Don Cheadle. They slowly become friends again and sort of help one another, but more just being friends.

I don't know what to say. I never thought I'd see the day that Adam Sandler would bring a tear to my eye. There was little action, little comedy, little of anything for that fact - just 2 buddies dealing with issues and talking.

This ranks up there as one of my new favorites of all time. It depressed the hell out of me but sometimes allowing your emotions to come out isn't such a bad thing. Now I just hope I can sleep this evening thinking about what I just saw.

I know this sounds weird and I'm horrible at explaining things, but do yourselves a favor and see this movie. If it doesn't bring a tear or 2 at a few parts, then you just aren't human.

That's it. Just see it.

I feel like I've been beaten up and I'm exhausted from this. Not many movies have been able to do that to me.

Is that a new movie? Have you seen Punch Drunk Love? Ive herd that was a drama and wasn't funny at all. I am hesitating on watching it, I bought it but I dunno about watching a Sandler movie thats a Drama, it kinda ruins him as an actor to me. Also if you like Adam Sandler you would love the movie he did with Damon Wayans called BulletProof. It's one he made while he was still part of the SNL cast back in the 90's and is I think one of his funniest movies.

Also I really liked the Longest Yard. I actually just bought the original with Burt Ryenolds but haven't watched it. Has anyone seen it? I am just curious if it's a lot like the remake with Adam or if it's completly different and is it funny?

glockmail
07-18-2007, 10:44 PM

Chic flick :poke:

nevadamedic
07-18-2007, 10:47 PM
Chic flick :poke:

There's nothing wrong with Chicc flicks. Some of them can be rather good actually.

glockmail
07-18-2007, 10:51 PM
There's nothing wrong with Chicc flicks. Some of them can be rather good actually. Rather watch some nice gratuitous violence with explosions and shit, lots of automatic gunfire by bad guy lueitenant ended with a single pistol shot to his head, and the head bad guy getting his balls crushed in a vice by his 7 year old victim.

nevadamedic
07-18-2007, 11:06 PM
Rather watch some nice gratuitous violence with explosions and shit, lots of automatic gunfire by bad guy lueitenant ended with a single pistol shot to his head, and the head bad guy getting his balls crushed in a vice by his 7 year old victim.

Yea but you need a well rounded movie experience. You need an occasional comedy and love story to create balance. :laugh2:

dan
07-19-2007, 04:30 AM
Is that a new movie? Have you seen Punch Drunk Love? Ive herd that was a drama and wasn't funny at all. I am hesitating on watching it, I bought it but I dunno about watching a Sandler movie thats a Drama, it kinda ruins him as an actor to me.

Punch Drunk Love is one of my favorite movies, but DEFINITELY a different role for Sandler. Sort of.

His character, like his comedic characters, is an emotionally distressed guy prone to violent outbursts, only it's played serious, not for laughs. It's very quirky and trippy, definitely worth watching at least once.

jackass
07-19-2007, 03:02 PM

Did you see the Click...was it? The one where he gets the remote? Man...the ending of that movie really got to me.

jackass
07-19-2007, 03:04 PM
Also I really liked the Longest Yard. I actually just bought the original with Burt Ryenolds but haven't watched it. Has anyone seen it? I am just curious if it's a lot like the remake with Adam or if it's completly different and is it funny?

Its like the remake. I think I loke the original better. Probably just because I saw it first. The remake was good though.

jimnyc
07-19-2007, 03:06 PM
Punch Drunk Love is one of my favorite movies, but DEFINITELY a different role for Sandler. Sort of.

His character, like his comedic characters, is an emotionally distressed guy prone to violent outbursts, only it's played serious, not for laughs. It's very quirky and trippy, definitely worth watching at least once.

Was this some sort of sick joke? Are you trying to drive me nuts, Dan? I just got done watching this because of you and I have to say IT FUCKING SUCKED! Now you will get a beating next time I see you!

jimnyc
07-19-2007, 03:07 PM
Did you see the Click...was it? The one where he gets the remote? Man...the ending of that movie really got to me.

Now THAT was a good flick! I'm a huge Sandler fan, I saw that when it was first released in the theaters, long before those pesky files started appearing on my desktop! :)

jackass
07-19-2007, 03:08 PM
Now THAT was a good flick! I'm a huge Sandler fan, I saw that when it was first released in the theaters, long before those pesky files started appearing on my desktop! :)

Yeah...I gotta get me one of those ...memberships. :)

jimnyc
07-19-2007, 03:10 PM
Yeah...I gotta get me one of those ...memberships. :)

Not referring to anything illegal or involving piracy of course, but...

The sites that link to the thousands of great downloads are free. An account to the most used depository, Rapidshare, is what costs, but it's cheap as hell. I've watched about 40 of those "independent" movies in the past month and the monthly account with RS was like 12 bucks. If you subscribe longer, it gets cheaper.

jackass
07-19-2007, 03:17 PM
Not referring to anything illegal or involving piracy of course, but...

The sites that link to the thousands of great downloads are free. An account to the most used depository, Rapidshare, is what costs, but it's cheap as hell. I've watched about 40 of those "independent" movies in the past month and the monthly account with RS was like 12 bucks. If you subscribe longer, it gets cheaper.

Rapidshare is the only one I have seen. My wife didnt like the idea of spending 80 bucks on a webpage :(

jimnyc
07-19-2007, 03:20 PM
Rapidshare is the only one I have seen. My wife didnt like the idea of spending 80 bucks on a webpage :(

I said 12 you dumb bastard! But yeah, most of the sites that are reliable and have great download speeds will cost a little. Next time I have some spare change in my Paypal account I'll see if we can set you up! But don't you still have dialup, or no? It would take you about 3 weeks to download a quality flick with dialup! Only takes me about 9-15 minutes depending... most flicks are anywhere from 715meg to 1.4gig

jackass
07-19-2007, 03:25 PM
I said 12 you dumb bastard! But yeah, most of the sites that are reliable and have great download speeds will cost a little. Next time I have some spare change in my Paypal account I'll see if we can set you up! But don't you still have dialup, or no? It would take you about 3 weeks to download a quality flick with dialup! Only takes me about 9-15 minutes depending... most flicks are anywhere from 715meg to 1.4gig

Thanks for the offer..but you have your own issues! :)
Yeah I am a dumb bastard...I didnt even see that 12 bucks part. (Im oretty good at speed reading :rolleyes:)
I havent been on Dial up in years!! I would have shot someone by now.

dan
07-20-2007, 03:58 AM
Was this some sort of sick joke? Are you trying to drive me nuts, Dan? I just got done watching this because of you and I have to say IT FUCKING SUCKED! Now you will get a beating next time I see you!

You're nuts. But, let's be honest here, you should've known it would be weird if I was the one recommending it.

I liked it, though.

07-20-2007, 04:03 AM
Adam Sandler brings tears to my eyes all the time. Granted, its usually cause im laughing so hard that im crying:)

The Price is Wrong, b*$&%