PDA

View Full Version : For the parents on the board

Abbey Marie
04-19-2016, 07:45 PM
I was just thinking about how much we do or do not all tell our kids about our "past".
I will admit I kept just about anything questionable from our daughter. Now that she is 25, I have started to tell little bits here and there. But still far from everything.

In a book I am currently reading, the female protagonist makes a lovely observation. She didn't tell her son much about her past because she wanted to be loved and admired; now maybe "she just wants to be known". That really resonated with me.

Assuming the rest of you have some things in your past you aren't super proud of either, how much, if any of it, did you tell your kid(s)? And when?

NightTrain
04-19-2016, 07:54 PM
Both Sharon and I were much worse kids than ours are - that we know of, that is.

And, yeah... we're guilty of withholding some info from them in an attempt to make those things seem unreasonable to them. Wild parties, breaking the law, all of it.

Abbey Marie
04-19-2016, 07:57 PM
Both Sharon and I were much worse kids than ours are - that we know of, that is.

And, yeah... we're guilty of withholding some info from them in an attempt to make those things seem unreasonable to them. Wild parties, breaking the law, all of it.

I'll bet we all have some things... At what age did you tell them some of those things?

Elessar
04-19-2016, 08:00 PM
My son knows just about all of my past, and
it seems the bond is tighter.

Abbey Marie
04-19-2016, 08:02 PM
My son knows just about all of my past, and
it seems the bond is tighter.

That's interesting, El. At what age did you start telling him?

Do you think you would tell a daughter the same?

Russ
04-19-2016, 08:04 PM
I was just thinking about how much we do or do not all tell our kids about our "past".
I will admit I kept just about anything questionable from our daughter. Now that she is 25, I have started to tell little bits here and there. But still far from everything.?

Wait, what? Let's hear those stories from the past. :confused:

NightTrain
04-19-2016, 08:04 PM
I'll bet we all have some things... At what age did you tell them some of those things?

I've told my oldest boy, 19, some of it. His character is shaped, for the most part and a good kid so that allays some of my fears of having my past mistakes influence choices that he makes.

Abbey Marie
04-19-2016, 08:08 PM
Wait, what? Let's hear those stories from the past. :confused:

Never!! :laugh2:

Abbey Marie
04-19-2016, 08:10 PM
I've told my oldest boy, 19, some of it. His character is shaped, for the most part and a good kid so that allays some of my fears of having my past mistakes influence choices that he makes.

That's a good description of how I felt/feel now. Our daughter is a fine young woman, and I'm not afraid of influencing her. Now it's just a question of do I want to see that look on her face when she realizes I wasn't a saint! I've decided it's ok.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-19-2016, 08:25 PM
When my daughter turned 20 I told her a lot that year, she already knew about my fighting, being a bouncer and my --dark years..
I pretty much admitted hundreds of mistakes I made and hundreds of wild/crazy things I did as a young man....
Most things sexual in nature were not told to her, although my sisters filled her in on my numerous girlfriends etc during my time as a single man on the hot and heavy prowl between wives ..:laugh:
Hell, they even showed her pictures of about ten/twelve ex-girlfriends I had.
To which she asked me one day why did you only date extremely beautiful and sexy women..
I replied , I was too stupid to understand that they were mostly all show and not good for but one thing.
Only much later did I discover inner beauty and great character trumps all.
She said, glad to find out that you were dumb once dad.. Now I know you are human... lol
Somehow that comment told me I'd raised a fine girl with great sense and one that carried her beauty well, both the inner and the outer beauty..
If Justin turns out that well =,, I'll die a very, very , very happy man........ da truff -Tyr

Elessar
04-19-2016, 08:28 PM

When he was 12 and could comprehend.

Abbey Marie
04-19-2016, 08:29 PM

I would think of that as young. But it sounds like it worked out well for you. :salute:

Russ
04-19-2016, 08:33 PM
That's a good description of how I felt/feel now. Our daughter is a fine young woman, and I'm not afraid of influencing her. Now it's just a question of do I want to see that look on her face when she realizes I wasn't a saint! I've decided it's ok.

What about the look on my face?? :batteyes: :whistling2:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-19-2016, 08:39 PM

I'll wise Justin up to some things at about that age but the heavy things about my past, the pain I inflicted upon others(although very deserving souls they were) he may only learn at about 17/18. Even then with strong admonishment that its not the path to take..
I've been real careful not to mention very much of my fighting so as not to lead him down that dark path.
I want him to enjoy life, the world and his youth not go about collecting scars and wins that mean nothing in the end.
My life I survived but I do not recommend it for anybody else to ever go through.
It damn sure wasnt a picnic and Í am not sure that he could survive even a fourth of it as I even now I am amazed that I did!!!-Tyr

Kathianne
04-19-2016, 08:42 PM

I maybe wrong, but think NT's kids are still 'kids' in the sense less than late teens/20's?

Kathianne
04-19-2016, 08:47 PM
I didn't tell them my 'bad stuff' until they were in college or later. Now I can't say the same for my parents or brother! LOL! That was mostly stuff like, "Her room! OMG!!!" "Library book fines? Don't let her rag on ya, I paid for the addition on the library!" Stuff like that!

Elessar
04-19-2016, 09:02 PM
I would think of that as young. But it sounds like it worked out well for you. :salute:

He's going for his Doctorate in Physical Therapy now!

NightTrain
04-19-2016, 09:08 PM
I maybe wrong, but think NT's kids are still 'kids' in the sense less than late teens/20's?

Yeah, my three are 19, 16 and 13... Sharon's daughter is 18 and graduating, and is petrified of launching out on her own but determined to do it anyway! Kind of cool to watch, because I know her worries are for the most part unfounded and she'll do fine.

My 16 year old daughter is as stubborn as I am, and that'll get her in a lot of trouble. She has the most potential of getting into trouble and is cause for worry with me.

Gunny
04-19-2016, 09:23 PM

Nope. God paid me back. I have a daughter just like ME. I thought I was going to have to kill her a time or two. She's a school teacher now. Army vet. I couldn't be prouder of her. When she was a teenager? :death:

Elessar
04-19-2016, 09:23 PM
Raised him virtually alone, and I have a military mind.
His momma, my ex, deserted us when he was 4 years old.

There were to be no pants buckled under his butt, no hats
backwards or sideways, and no facial hair while in high school.
When in college, the facial hair was relaxed, but he kept the
pants and hat notion all of the time.

He got lippy with me only once and I stung him on the cheek. There
is a flick you can use to do that hitting a nerve.

The boy benched over 350 as a sophomore in high school, wrestled
a state champ to an almost standstill.

I really could not be prouder.

Elessar
04-19-2016, 09:26 PM

Daughter....

I might tell younger to allay fears and misconceptions.

Gunny
04-19-2016, 09:27 PM
Raised him virtually alone, and I have a military mind.
His momma, my ex, deserted us when he was 4 years old.

There were to be no pants buckled under his butt, no hats
backwards or sideways, and no facial hair while in high school.
When in college, the facial hair was relaxed, but he kept the
pants and hat notion all of the time.

He got lippy with me only once and I stung him on the cheek. There
is a flick you can use to do that hitting a nerve.

The boy benched over 350 as a sophomore in high school, wrestled
a state champ to an almost standstill.

I really could not be prouder.

I forgot to mention THAT wonderful part. Marine SSgt raising a 9 years old by himself. I feel EVERY second of your pain, bud. :laugh:

Gunny
04-19-2016, 09:30 PM
Daughter....

I might tell younger to allay fears and misconceptions.

Hah! You ain't telling daughters sh*t, MF-er. They're just younger versions of those things you're trying to date. If YOU learn how to figure them out, PUH-lease send me the handbook.:laugh:

aboutime
04-19-2016, 09:34 PM
Back in the sixties, long before I met my wife. A friend of mine introduced me to a girl he knew, and made arrangements for me to meet her on a weekend, when I took a Trailways bus from Norfolk, to Philly, then home.

We went out one time. I returned to the ship that Sunday night, and later in the week; got mail from her telling me how nice I was, and looking forward to seeing me again. That was all well and good. She seemed nice..No hanky panky at first. But after a couple more weekend trips to Philly. She started to talk about getting married......OH....NO!

Long story short. The ship started our trip down to Gitmo for Refresher Training which lasted about five weeks. The girl still wrote to me, and kept talking marriage. I was only 19 in 1966, and wanted no part of that kind of talk. I told a good sailor friend of mine on the ship what she was saying. He laughed, and told me..."Just tell her you can't have kids cause you got zapped by radar on the ship!"

So...I told her, and she dropped my like a hot potato.
Many years later. After I was married, and my wife was pushing our first son in a stroller. That girl saw my wife talking to me at the local Sears store.

ZAPPED BY RADAR...seemed to be a good idea at the time!:laugh:

Elessar
04-19-2016, 09:41 PM
Hah! You ain't telling daughters sh*t, MF-er. They're just younger versions of those things you're trying to date. If YOU learn how to figure them out, PUH-lease send me the handbook.:laugh:

Handbook?

Probably written in crayon!

Don't get me wrong....if I had a daughter as a little one,
there would be NO One come close to her!

Your pic with your granddaughter is so very precious,
you hard-headed Jar-head!

Gunny
04-19-2016, 09:44 PM
Back in the sixties, long before I met my wife. A friend of mine introduced me to a girl he knew, and made arrangements for me to meet her on a weekend, when I took a Trailways bus from Norfolk, to Philly, then home.

We went out one time. I returned to the ship that Sunday night, and later in the week; got mail from her telling me how nice I was, and looking forward to seeing me again. That was all well and good. She seemed nice..No hanky panky at first. But after a couple more weekend trips to Philly. She started to talk about getting married......OH....NO!

Long story short. The ship started our trip down to Gitmo for Refresher Training which lasted about five weeks. The girl still wrote to me, and kept talking marriage. I was only 19 in 1966, and wanted no part of that kind of talk. I told a good sailor friend of mine on the ship what she was saying. He laughed, and told me..."Just tell her you can't have kids cause you got zapped by radar on the ship!"

So...I told her, and she dropped my like a hot potato.
Many years later. After I was married, and my wife was pushing our first son in a stroller. That girl saw my wife talking to me at the local Sears store.

ZAPPED BY RADAR...seemed to be a good idea at the time!:laugh:

Holy crap! AT made a joke. I almost fell out of my chair. I'm LMAO. I like the "zapped by radar" line. Somebody should have told me about that one about 35 years ago. Dammit. :laugh:

NightTrain
04-19-2016, 09:53 PM
I would give a great deal to turn back the hands of time to when she was still this age :

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8797&stc=1

I know she'll turn out good, too, but in the meantime I'm sprouting a lot of silver hair!

Gunny
04-19-2016, 09:54 PM
Handbook?

Probably written in crayon!

Don't get me wrong....if I had a daughter as a little one,
there would be NO One come close to her!

Your pic with your granddaughter is so very precious,
you hard-headed Jar-head!

Uh huh. The ladies will probably laugh at this and the guys be grossed out, but wait until that first period comes along. I'm all squared away in my charlies from work and trying to explain to her she's not bleeding to death. I go into drill instructor mode and recited science class on ovulation at almost the position of attention. Put her on a burgundy towel and tell her to wait. I go the store, and not being too over-protective :rolleyes: I buy up half the lot of every feminine hygiene product ever invented. :laugh: Bring them home and tell her to read the box. If you need more info, we're calling your mom.

My granddaughter's the bomb. And she's what my daughter deserves. Mini-me. She's a little terrorist. Her answer to anything is "I WILL hit you". :laugh: Might not be politically correct but I love it.:laugh: She got busted at school for kicking some boy's ass. Her mom's all mad and then turns it on me. "What are you smiling about?". Well ... :laugh2:

crin63
04-19-2016, 11:24 PM
I did a lot of bad stuff growing up. A lot of what I did was because my dad and grandpa bragged about their exploits so I wanted to top them.

I told my kids that I did a lot of bad stuff, but I was careful how I told them and which things I told them. If they asked specific questions I answered them honestly.

I had a very active role in my kids lives. I spent a lot of time with them and a lot of time talking with them. The conversations were 2-way because I figured it was the only way to know my kids. I know my kids concealed stuff from me but I would bet they told me and still tell me better than 90% of what goes on in their lives.

gabosaurus
04-20-2016, 12:05 AM
I was indecisive about what to tell my daughter. Until my mom filled her in on just about everything. :uhoh:
I am fairly certain it was delayed payback from when I used to question my dad and my aunt about things that my mom would refuse to discuss with me.
Not that I am unhappy about it. I hope my daughter can learn from my (many) mistakes.
I am more than a bit happy that my sister and my brother in law have not been too open about their pasts. She can learn how to make a molotov cocktail and hotwire a car from someone else. :laugh:

Elessar
04-20-2016, 12:19 AM
I was indecisive about what to tell my daughter. Until my mom filled her in on just about everything. :uhoh:
I am fairly certain it was delayed payback from when I used to question my dad and my aunt about things that my mom would refuse to discuss with me.
Not that I am unhappy about it. I hope my daughter can learn from my (many) mistakes.
I am more than a bit happy that my sister and my brother in law have not been too open about their pasts. She can learn how to make a molotov cocktail and hotwire a car from someone else. :laugh:

Raise her with love and steer her to common sense, Gabby.
No politics involved with this message.
Everybody makes mistakes...it is part of being human.
Only those that deny making mistakes are weak!

Quite a few of us here have the same skills in the second bolded part!
Take care of her!

darin
04-20-2016, 01:26 AM
Gabby is a liar - don't reply to her shit if you want serious discussion. Claiming CA but posting from a state a thousand miles away...(shrug).

Abbey -

(shrug). I enjoyed hearing of my dad's adventures when he was a kid. Really bonded the family to sit and listen to Dad's growing-up stories. When I think back those times meant the most to me.

My kids are seeing more of my personality - not so much of my past. I think that's where I do it. Instead of me holding back jokes or quips and what-not, I let things out that give my kids perspective of me being a person; not just 'dad'.

Gunny
04-20-2016, 02:50 AM
Gabby is a liar - don't reply to her shit if you want serious discussion. Claiming CA but posting from a state a thousand miles away...(shrug).

Abbey -

(shrug). I enjoyed hearing of my dad's adventures when he was a kid. Really bonded the family to sit and listen to Dad's growing-up stories. When I think back those times meant the most to me.

My kids are seeing more of my personality - not so much of my past. I think that's where I do it. Instead of me holding back jokes or quips and what-not, I let things out that give my kids perspective of me being a person; not just 'dad'.

Grandfather here. I'd have followed him anywhere. He was to quote Reba, the greatest man I ever knew. And I AM a clone of him. I just wish I was half as good of a person. I remember once him stopping me from basically going to beat the crap out of some a-hole in the grocery for insulting him calling him an old man. He could do that. No one else has ever been able to. But he could just give me "the look". And it wasn't a look of meanness. It was disappointment and you don't have to do that.

And he was old school Texan so he'd drawl the admonishment. "Now M-- you ain't got to do all that."

Odd thing, I could do the same with my daughter. All I had to do was look disappointed and it would crush her. I think I spanked her once. I couldn't do it. I can STILL remember my ex saying "You can't spank that kid Mr Badass Marine?" Nope.

Jeff
04-20-2016, 08:12 AM
My Mom use to love to tell my kids the stories from back in the day,I think she looked at it as a form of payback.

Elessar
04-20-2016, 08:44 AM
Grandfather here. I'd have followed him anywhere. He was to quote Reba, the greatest man I ever knew. And I AM a clone of him. I just wish I was half as good of a person. I remember once him stopping me from basically going to beat the crap out of some a-hole in the grocery for insulting him calling him an old man. He could do that. No one else has ever been able to. But he could just give me "the look". And it wasn't a look of meanness. It was disappointment and you don't have to do that.

My Grandfather was a HUGE man, not an ounce of fat on him, with hands the size of frying pans.

He almost killed a guy with one punch when he was younger, and never struck anyone again.

If we acted up as kids..all he had to do was grip and shake us. We got the message really fast!

Gunny
04-20-2016, 09:51 AM
My Grandfather was a HUGE man, not an ounce of fat on him, with hands the size of frying pans.

He almost killed a guy with one punch when he was younger, and never struck anyone again.

If we acted up as kids..all he had to do was grip and shake us. We got the message really fast!

I totally understand. Why do you think I keep my temper in check? My grandfather was an electrician. If you think he couldn't crush your hands, you've never twisted wire with lineman's pliars all day. And he was a little guy compared to me. He was always gentle with us though. He was always nice. I try to be like him. I'm just way more violent than he ever was. Everyone has a hero, I guess. If I had to pick someone, it'd be him.

jimnyc
04-20-2016, 10:07 AM
Hell, I don't think so, at least not right now! I just always thought that telling him some stuff would be seen as somehow condoning it. I was a wild bastard when I was younger and got involved in bad things just because they were bad things to do. Granted, I try to teach some of life's lessons, and the consequences of bad actions, but I have a way of telling stories and reliving things as if it were a blast! (because it was). :)

Gunny
04-20-2016, 10:36 AM
Hell, I don't think so, at least not right now! I just always thought that telling him some stuff would be seen as somehow condoning it. I was a wild bastard when I was younger and got involved in bad things just because they were bad things to do. Granted, I try to teach some of life's lessons, and the consequences of bad actions, but I have a way of telling stories and reliving things as if it were a blast! (because it was). :)

OMG. You have a kid? We are doomed. :laugh:

Elessar
04-20-2016, 03:12 PM
I totally understand. Why do you think I keep my temper in check? My grandfather was an electrician. If you think he couldn't crush your hands, you've never twisted wire with lineman's pliars all day. And he was a little guy compared to me. He was always gentle with us though. He was always nice. I try to be like him. I'm just way more violent than he ever was. Everyone has a hero, I guess. If I had to pick someone, it'd be him.

He was a master electrician.

He helped set up and wire a power plant near Mt.Storm, WV.

gabosaurus
04-20-2016, 05:01 PM
Darin, I have tried to be nice to you, but you need to fuck off with your bullshit accusations and lies.
Even in an innocent thread about parents and their kids, you are in with your garbage. It is about time for you and NT to go fuck yourselves.
You know this board has really gone to hell when the alleged administrator has vanished and fuckheads like you are left in charge.
I blame the ineptitude of the VA for refusing to acknowledge the severe mental disabilities that so many of our veterans are left with.

jimnyc
04-20-2016, 05:09 PM
Darin, I have tried to be nice to you, but you need to fuck off with your bullshit accusations and lies.
Even in an innocent thread about parents and their kids, you are in with your garbage. It is about time for you and NT to go fuck yourselves.
You know this board has really gone to hell when the alleged administrator has vanished and fuckheads like you are left in charge.
I blame the ineptitude of the VA for refusing to acknowledge the severe mental disabilities that so many of our veterans are left with.

It's alleged "owner". And only MIA to you, which is the way you wanted it, so you got it. You're naive if you think this applies to everyone. And the irony with you saying you tried to be nice to someone.

Quite frankly, I honestly think I could clear the whole thing up. And I think I could have from the first moment this started. But I have no business in this beef, and I'm uneducated & need to either increase or adjust my medication. So I decided to remain out of it.

Gunny
04-20-2016, 06:06 PM

You're one to talk. You come on here like a kid that needs ridlin and just try to stir up shit all the time just to be stirring it up. Meaningless clutter doesn't add to a conversation and if some people take offense to it, that's the price you pay for said behavior.

I blame the ineptitude of who or whatever raised you for refusing to acknowledge people that fuck with people just to fuck with them have severe mental disability. Matter of fact, you're lucky I'm not the owner or I'd be tracking your IP right this second because the post I'm responding to does NOT sound like Gabby at all.

gabosaurus
04-20-2016, 07:14 PM
It's alleged "owner". And only MIA to you, which is the way you wanted it, so you got it. You're naive if you think this applies to everyone. And the irony with you saying you tried to be nice to someone.

Quite frankly, I honestly think I could clear the whole thing up. And I think I could have from the first moment this started. But I have no business in this beef, and I'm uneducated & need to either increase or adjust my medication. So I decided to remain out of it.

So I am no longer worthy of your presence? Blood hell. Thanks for proving my point, though. The Jim of five years ago would not have allowed this board to descend into such vicious and uncivil chaos. The Jim of five years ago would not allow mods to abuse their powers for personal usage. If I am nor worthy to see and participate in everything, why should I be here at all. Stop the bullshit or push the button.
I am nice, polite and respectful to those who deserve it. Others, not so much.

Black Diamond
04-20-2016, 07:20 PM
So I am no longer worthy of your presence? Blood hell. Thanks for proving my point, though. The Jim of five years ago would not have allowed this board to descend into such vicious and uncivil chaos. The Jim of five years ago would not allow mods to abuse their powers for personal usage. If I am nor worthy to see and participate in everything, why should I be here at all. Stop the bullshit or push the button.
I like vicous and uncivil chaos!!

Kudos to Jim!!

aboutime
04-20-2016, 07:21 PM

Wrong gabby. You need to do some vital, self-examination in the GOING TO HELL aspects you deny are between your ears, floating around in that emptiness you seem to cherish so much, called grey matter. You choose who to go fuck, and we all know..YOU DO THAT TO YOURSELF, without our help.
As for the mental disabilities....we can't overlook yours as you rely on blaming others.

Gunny
04-20-2016, 07:31 PM

What point? You mean Jim turned into "not Jim"? I've known him, and the mods you discuss for 13 or 14 years. They seem to be the same assholes I started with (hope y'all know I just couldn't resist :laugh: ) I can see your side of the story but I also see theirs. You come on here and disrupt the board and sometimes you should just leave stuff alone. You don't know when to stop. I have no idea what your history is with anyone else, btw. Your business. This is just my opinion.

You piss people off and you do it on purpose. So why act like some victim primadonna when you get called out for it? When I intentionally piss off someone I'm expecting return fire. Because I know I would return fire. You're not stupid so that game doesn't work with me. There are people that are going to hold you accountable for your actions. Being a lefty that might be a foreign concept to you, but most of us ain't lefties. You don't get to yell "fire" in theatre without suffering the consequences.

Jim is actually more lenient than I ever was running boards. Nothing personal with me, but you'd already be long gone because all you do is disrupt. Now everyone's supposed to know when you're trying to be honest? You act like a jerk 90% of the time. This is your own doing so stop whining. Shit, even when I got thrown in jail I knew I earned the trip and didn't whine about it.

NightTrain
04-20-2016, 07:50 PM

You're full of shit. You ARE a liar, and every staff member knows it. We can all see where you live on a handy little map provided in the IP trace.

Darin is right on the money. You can be butt hurt that your little toady TF got booted, but you can thank yourself for coaching him to troll.

You are parked in Pasadena Texas, contrary to your hundreds of claims that you're in Huntington Beach, CA. And here's the kicker : I didn't discover your lies, it was another member of staff - I just called you on it when you made up that bullshit story about the Huntington Beach Sheriff calling you about a local crime.

Jim is in charge, idiot, and everything is discussed in a forum that you don't have access to, so you can stick your retarded conspiracy theories right up your ass.

The only fuckhead around here is you, with zero credibility because you lie about absolutely everything and have been called on it.

Fuck off and have a nice day, troll. :bye1:

Elessar
04-20-2016, 07:50 PM

For one thing, the bickering is uncalled for by all parties involved.
It does not matter who started it. Anyone can bypass a comment
in a thread.

I guess The Cage was created for this kind of horseshit.

Gabby...the bold part is for you. You don't know shit about the VA
and that was a cheap shot at all Vets. I could say the same damn
thing about non-Vets in your world. How many of these mass-shooters
in the past 10 years have been Vets? So shove that insult up your tush
and wake up.

Gunny
04-20-2016, 08:08 PM
You're full of shit. You ARE a liar, and every staff member knows it. We can all see where you live on a handy little map provided in the IP trace.

Darin is right on the money. You can be butt hurt that your little toady TF got booted, but you can thank yourself for coaching him to troll.

You are parked in Pasadena Texas, contrary to your hundreds of claims that you're in Huntington Beach, CA. And here's the kicker : I didn't discover your lies, it was another member of staff - I just called you on it when you made up that bullshit story about the Huntington Beach Sheriff calling you about a local crime.

Jim is in charge, idiot, and everything is discussed in a forum that you don't have access to, so you can stick your retarded conspiracy theories right up your ass.

The only fuckhead around here is you, with zero credibility because you lie about absolutely everything and have been called on it.

Fuck off and have a nice day, troll. :bye1:

I actually ain't sure that's Gabby. She doesn't talk like that. Which on your end is just as bad. Someone using someone else's account. But then, I'm paranoid. :laugh2:

NightTrain
04-20-2016, 08:14 PM
I actually ain't sure that's Gabby. She doesn't talk like that. Which on your end is just as bad. Someone using someone else's account. But then, I'm paranoid. :laugh2:

It's probably not out of the realm of possibilities that there's someone intelligent using her account in that house, but with her track record it's anyone's guess. Could be a college sorority house for all we know.

I think it's her, she's been on a real snit since her mountain of lies was unearthed. Now she can't even troll effectively, which as we know was her favorite pastime.

Gunny
04-20-2016, 09:10 PM
It's probably not out of the realm of possibilities that there's someone intelligent using her account in that house, but with her track record it's anyone's guess. Could be a college sorority house for all we know.

I think it's her, she's been on a real snit since her mountain of lies was unearthed. Now she can't even troll effectively, which as we know was her favorite pastime.

I LOVE this part: "It's not my job dude, it's yours". :laugh: I'm telling you what I am seeing. That's not her posting style.

aboutime
04-20-2016, 09:55 PM
I LOVE this part: "It's not my job dude, it's yours". :laugh: I'm telling you what I am seeing. That's not her posting style.

She might just be pretending to be her daughter again. Remember? Liars never remember their previous lies. So why should gabby (whoever) be any different?

Elessar
04-20-2016, 10:31 PM

:bye1:

I have 3 ISP search tools from my days as a forum owner....an Admin and Mod on two others.
One alone is not accurate, but if two of the three agreed...a fix. 3 of 3? Game over!

Elessar
04-20-2016, 10:49 PM

Good point. Perhaps multiple users on the account.

Gunny
04-20-2016, 11:23 PM
She might just be pretending to be her daughter again. Remember? Liars never remember their previous lies. So why should gabby (whoever) be any different?

I don't know what the deal is. I was offering an opinion based on writing style. If she posted that, she's got to be bi-polar. :laugh: I've never seen her cuss like that, and she usually taunts rather than attacks. That sounds more like something I would say rather than her.

But goes back to my preaching personal accountability preaching. If you're going to be her or use her account, you're accountable for what you post. Some of us don't forget, and some of us read methods and madness. When a post out of the blue doesn't sound like you, someone's going to notice.

darin
04-21-2016, 01:23 AM

dude - you LIE ALL THE TIME. You know it. I know it. I am an Admin here. I'm not in charge of anything. You lie. Its what you do. You make shit up. You post as other people. You claim to be a woman, but I doubt you are. There's nothing, NOTHING in YOUR CONTENT that jives. Blame yourself man.

I suspect Gabby is catfishing the board. I believe Gabby might be whats-his-name? What was that guy's name? Who claimed to be a former Army Major? Why cant I remember him? He's banned...but anywho - that comment right up there, like Gunny mentioned is NOT traditional Gabby. That's somebody else - and male.

Gunny
04-21-2016, 01:50 AM
dude - you LIE ALL THE TIME. You know it. I know it. I am an Admin here. I'm not in charge of anything. You lie. Its what you do. You make shit up. You post as other people. You claim to be a woman, but I doubt you are. There's nothing, NOTHING in YOUR CONTENT that jives. Blame yourself man.

I suspect Gabby is catfishing the board. I believe Gabby might be whats-his-name? What was that guy's name? Who claimed to be a former Army Major? Why cant I remember him? He's banned...but anywho - that comment right up there, like Gunny mentioned is NOT traditional Gabby. That's somebody else - and male.

Just too obvious, IMO. If I came out here and suddenly started throwing flowers around to everyone I'd expect y'all to say WTF? too. :laugh: That post is totally out of character for Gabby.

jimnyc
04-21-2016, 05:47 AM

There's a difference between your interaction with me and your interaction with the board. You have destroyed any interaction with me. I've given you more chances than anyone on this board. For whatever stupid reason, I tried to befriend you multiple times. Maybe I was dumb enough to somehow think that both being bipolar made us have something in common. I've apologized every single time I've wronged you, and I know it was often. I looked past every bad/negative thing you have ever said about me. I know it's dumb to do, as it's "just" a web forum, but I did try. Not sure why I did it more than once, or twice, or three times, and one would have thought I would have learned my lesson after the 20th time.

Are you worthy of MY presence? I don't care. Are you worthy of being here at the board? Of course, everyone is welcome to come here and post. Only staff things are you not allowed to participate in. Any other bullshit outside of that is of your own doing.

"vicious and uncivil chaos"? You laughed when you wrote that as much as I am right now I hope?

Amazing how you recognize how anything "the Jim of 5 years ago" would have done, while you did nothing but denigrate, shit on & make fun of that same person for how many years? Maybe that "Jim of 5 years ago" is medicated as you advised, or off doing one of the other things you said I should have done.

And Fwiw, the mods are hardly abusing any powers. In fact, they aren't abusing any powers at all. They, or 2, are simply giving their opinions. I am asking them now though, while having fun, please don't divulge any locations.

And also Fwiw - again - I still think I could clear all of this up. Personally, I don't think all is as it meets the eye. Been doing IT shit since like 1990 or so.

And you say you are nice and respectful to those who deserve it? That's comical. Reread one of your last posts. HOW MANY of those veterans deserved to read your BS and be insulted???

jimnyc
04-21-2016, 05:48 AM
If she posted that, she's got to be bi-polar.

She IS bipolar and has admitted as much. I'm not mocking that in any way, as I'm bipolar too!

Noir
04-21-2016, 07:04 AM
There's an old song by the Divine Comedy that opens 'It was not that long ago it first occurred to me / that my mother was a person in her own right' I think that glaze normally lasts until a son/daughters twenties, when the stories start coming out

jimnyc
04-21-2016, 07:13 AM
OMG. You have a kid? We are doomed. :laugh:

Sometimes I wonder about you. Have you read anything I've written in the past 13 years? The kid is gonna be 16 years old this year!! :laugh:

But it is possible we're doomed, or at least doomed for another generation of me! :)

Gunny
04-21-2016, 07:52 AM
Sometimes I wonder about you. Have you read anything I've written in the past 13 years? The kid is gonna be 16 years old this year!! :laugh:

But it is possible we're doomed, or at least doomed for another generation of me! :)

I wouldn't feel lonely in the boat.. Lots of people wonder about me. :laugh2:

I honestly don't recall you mentioning having kids. You are very private about your family, IMO. Not the siblings. You'll throw THEM under the bus in a second. :laugh: But as I've said defending you and your staff, applies to me as well. I don't read everything. I'm rarely in the touchy-feely threads. Hell, I've gotten in trouble for not paying attention and stumbling into threads I'm not supposed to be in. :)

jimnyc
04-21-2016, 07:58 AM
I wouldn't feel lonely in the boat.. Lots of people wonder about me. :laugh2:

I honestly don't recall you mentioning having kids. You are very private about your family, IMO. Not the siblings. You'll throw THEM under the bus in a second. :laugh: But as I've said defending you and your staff, applies to me as well. I don't read everything. I'm rarely in the touchy-feely threads. Hell, I've gotten in trouble for not paying attention and stumbling into threads I'm not supposed to be in. :)

Jeff, John, Janeen - right under the bus. And them fuckers would do the same to me in a heartbeat. Brothers and sisters are fair game. That started when we like 3 or 4 years old and I guess will go on till we croak. That's what I'm gonna get on Jeff's tombstone - "Haha, I outlasted you" :laugh:

I talk about the kid and the woman. Hell, I toss them under the bus sometimes too, but just not as often. No one is immune in my world!

Gunny
04-21-2016, 08:08 AM
Jeff, John, Janeen - right under the bus. And them fuckers would do the same to me in a heartbeat. Brothers and sisters are fair game. That started when we like 3 or 4 years old and I guess will go on till we croak. That's what I'm gonna get on Jeff's tombstone - "Haha, I outlasted you" :laugh:

I talk about the kid and the woman. Hell, I toss them under the bus sometimes too, but just not as often. No one is immune in my world!

Better be careful with your predictions. I'm the oldest and in better shape than the younger ones to include the kids. You might not be doing the tombstone. :laugh:

Kathianne
04-21-2016, 09:42 AM

Well at least HE will speak Mandarin! :laugh2: