PDA

View Full Version : Trump Wins NY in Landslide

NightTrain
04-20-2016, 06:11 AM
Pretty big day for Trump with 90+ out of 95 delegates and devastating for Cruz with zero.

Big day for Kasich, too, with taking home a delegate or two in over a month... he's stubborn, I'll give him that. But there's no chance he can pull it off, even at a contested convention.

They're saying it's mathematically impossible for Cruz to clinch the nomination after NY, so his only chance now is in Cleveland - and I think most of us agree, were something like that to happen, the GOP as we know it ceases to exist and a new party will emerge from the ashes. I think the elites see that now after Ryan shot them down half a dozen times as they tried to push him into the ring.

There's still a question of whether Trump can get the 1237 needed before Cleveland, but he's the only one left that can pull it off - and it'll be close either way.

Interestingly, Carson is still pulling votes, somehow. Those are some stubborn voters!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/04/19/donald-trump-just-made-it-impossible-for-ted-cruz-to-clinch-the-gop-nomination/

darin
04-20-2016, 06:35 AM
Fucked up thing - if Cruz wins the nomination, I suspect NY goes straight for D. If Trump wins, NY is R.

NightTrain
04-20-2016, 06:40 AM
Fucked up thing - if Cruz wins the nomination, I suspect NY goes straight for D. If Trump wins, NY is R.

Agreed.

However, I think Cruz's slim chance at nomination is eroding fast, especially after yesterday in NY. I just don't think the GOP will roll the dice on convention shenanigans - the resulting firestorm is guaranteed and they know it.

darin
04-20-2016, 07:00 AM
I wish Cruz had a man voice. A solid and calming voice. I bet he'd be doing better. People want only celebrity and personality nowadays.