PDA

View Full Version : new $20 bill face lift

namvet
04-20-2016, 02:34 PM
http://i68.tinypic.com/w8kg02.jpg

Apr 20, 2016

The irony in Obama’s radical Treasury Secretary’s decision to remove “racist” Andrew Jackson from the $20 bill, lies in the fact that Jackson was the first Democrat to be elected President. Rabid Bernie Sanders supporters are hell-bent on seeing Bernie Sanders fulfill his promise of breaking up the big bank monopolies. Andrew Jackson was pioneer in staving off banking domination in his day.

But alas…it’s official….

link (http://100percentfedup.com/breaking-obama-successfully-whitewashes-american-history-racist-president-andrew-jackson-to-be-replaced-with-harriet-tubman-on-20-bill/)

also fox (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/04/20/change-for-20-treasury-to-replace-jackson-with-tubman-on-bill.html?intcmp=hpbt1)

mean lookin' ole biddy

Elessar
04-20-2016, 03:18 PM
Damn!

That is one ugly picture!

If he insists on replacing Jackson, at least use
someone like Thurgood Marshall.

aboutime
04-20-2016, 03:26 PM
I'd like to say at first: I don't care who appears on any of our paper money, because it will just become another racist excuse to be used by the Perpetual Racists, on both sides.

Secondly. There is a prediction that our use of coins, and paper as legal tender may soon be replaced with all plastic, or electronic keying devices in order to GAIN more government control over WE THE PEOPLE. Think about it. When the crooked government has control of everything related to finances. They control everything in our lives...even more than they do today.
Nobody wants to take this kind of predictable scenario seriously because EVERYBODY THINKS they are too smart to pay attention to such things...often called Conspiracy, and New World Order agenda.

So be it. I won't be around long enough for all of you to tell yourselves "I wish I had listened!"

Elessar
04-20-2016, 03:31 PM
s.

Secondly. There is a prediction that our use of coins, and paper as legal tender may soon be replaced with all plastic, or electronic keying devices in order to GAIN more government control over WE THE PEOPLE. Think about it. When the crooked government has control of everything related to finances. They control everything in our lives...even more than they do today.

Myself, I do not use plastic and prefer to use paper and coin.

namvet
04-20-2016, 03:43 PM

i use the plastic. mainly a debit card instead of cash. all the thief will get from me is an empty billfold

aboutime
04-20-2016, 03:44 PM

As do I. But the eventual intent is to take the paper, and coin away; thus gaining more control over WHO, has HOW MUCH, as long as they COMPLY with the demands of those in charge.

1984 rings more and more in this nation every day. Think about this, if you will.

EXACTLY what will useless paper, and coins do, as well as plastic IF, and WHEN the electrical grid of this nation suddenly becomes useless for a day, a week, or a month.

I know that sounds crazy...but, so did Burning books, and gathering up American citizens who happened to be Japanese. Or, the estimated SIX million jews who were exterminated by HATE?

Black Diamond
04-20-2016, 03:50 PM
As do I. But the eventual intent is to take the paper, and coin away; thus gaining more control over WHO, has HOW MUCH, as long as they COMPLY with the demands of those in charge.

1984 rings more and more in this nation every day. Think about this, if you will.

EXACTLY what will useless paper, and coins do, as well as plastic IF, and WHEN the electrical grid of this nation suddenly becomes useless for a day, a week, or a month.

I know that sounds crazy...but, so did Burning books, and gathering up American citizens who happened to be Japanese. Or, the estimated SIX million jews who were exterminated by HATE?

Antichrist...

aboutime
04-20-2016, 04:02 PM
Antichrist...

Back atcha! :laugh:

Black Diamond
04-20-2016, 04:04 PM
Back atcha! :laugh:

:lol: you're not evil enough.

darin
04-21-2016, 12:40 AM
Tells me a few things.

First - buy as many original $20 bills as I can.

Secondly - use only $10s. I refuse to be part of HIS racist, divisive agenda.

Third - Silver/Gold. Buy it.

Fourth - Get away from the grid as much as possible.

Black Diamond
04-21-2016, 01:01 AM
Tells me a few things.

First - buy as many original $20 bills as I can.

Secondly - use only $10s. I refuse to be part of HIS racist, divisive agenda.

Third - Silver/Gold. Buy it.

Fourth - Get away from the grid as much as possible.

Problem is every time you go to the ATM..

It's $20s.

darin
04-21-2016, 01:18 AM
Problem is every time you go to the ATM..

It's $20s.

I'd forgotten; at ATMs here when I draw out, say, 500 Euro I get six 50s, 5 20s, and another hundred in 20s 10s and 5s.

If I have to walk in to the bank? No wonder why His Highness picked the 20, eh? :(

I detest him.

Black Diamond
04-21-2016, 01:20 AM
I'd forgotten; at ATMs here when I draw out, say, 500 Euro I get six 50s, 5 20s, and another hundred in 20s 10s and 5s.

If I have to walk in to the bank? No wonder why His Highness picked the 20, eh? :(

I detest him.

That's what I'm thinking.

Black Diamond
04-21-2016, 01:24 AM
How about we put Jefferson Davis on the $50.

Just to even things out.

Gunny
04-21-2016, 05:10 AM
i use the plastic. mainly a debit card instead of cash. all the thief will get from me is an empty billfold

I feel all weird if I have actual cash. I'm Mr Plastic too.

namvet
04-21-2016, 08:55 AM
I thought they were happy with this one

http://money360.info/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/3-dollar-bill1993-slick-times-bill-clinton-three-dollar-bill-3-funny-money-temuwaz5.jpg

DLT
04-21-2016, 08:57 AM

Apr 20, 2016

The irony in Obama’s radical Treasury Secretary’s decision to remove “racist” Andrew Jackson from the $20 bill, lies in the fact that Jackson was the first Democrat to be elected President. Rabid Bernie Sanders supporters are hell-bent on seeing Bernie Sanders fulfill his promise of breaking up the big bank monopolies. Andrew Jackson was pioneer in staving off banking domination in his day.

But alas…it’s official….

link (http://100percentfedup.com/breaking-obama-successfully-whitewashes-american-history-racist-president-andrew-jackson-to-be-replaced-with-harriet-tubman-on-20-bill/)

also fox (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/04/20/change-for-20-treasury-to-replace-jackson-with-tubman-on-bill.html?intcmp=hpbt1)

mean lookin' ole biddy

Just what America needs. An ugly black woman on one our most commonly used denominations. And she looks like she had a real attitude. Hell, might as well put Mooshelle's ugly pic on there. She was probably on their list of replacement mugs.

fj1200
04-21-2016, 09:03 AM
<tbody>
Political party
Republican (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_Party_(United_States))

Religion
Christianity (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity)

</tbody>

:dunno:

I don't think any of us would look happy either if we'd spent life as a slave.

namvet
04-21-2016, 09:06 AM

so you prefer an old sour puss??

fj1200
04-21-2016, 09:09 AM
so you prefer an old sour puss??

You expected her to be smiling after living that life?

Gunny
04-21-2016, 09:12 AM

And? We haven't had slaves since 1864. About time to give that one up don't you think?

Or you could go to Africa or the ME where they STILL have slaves. The very notion is absurd to me. Another revision of history. And trust me, the maternal side of my family's name is Adams. I'm no fan of Jackson's. He conducted one of the nastiest campaigns against John Q it wasn't funny. The only thing I can say about that campaign is John Q was just as nasty.

We take down our flags, and change our money yet the same whiny shit exists. Someone needs to draw a line in the sand.

Bilgerat
04-21-2016, 09:14 AM

Apr 20, 2016

But alas…it’s official….

mean lookin' ole biddy

This coin was dubbed the "Loonie"

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/ef/Canadian_Dollar_-_reverse.png

Will we be calling the $20.00 a "Tubbie"? :laugh:

namvet
04-21-2016, 09:15 AM
You expected her to be smiling after living that life?

http://i64.tinypic.com/1253mdc.jpg

well??

namvet
04-21-2016, 09:15 AM
this is just another attempt by that coon to divide us

jimnyc
04-21-2016, 09:54 AM
I know this looks and sounds racist... but look at the similarities between Tubman and Aunt Jemima.
http://i68.tinypic.com/w8kg02.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/ie8zBCX.jpg

namvet
04-21-2016, 10:10 AM
ill bet this was Mooch's idea. she does wear the pants in the WH. tells him when to piss and when to squeeze it off

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-21-2016, 10:21 AM
Damn!

That is one ugly picture!

If he insists on replacing Jackson, at least use
someone like Thurgood Marshall.

LOOKING BACK AT THIS NATION'S HISTORY ONE COULD EASILY FIND SEVERAL THOUSAND MORE DESERVING SOULS
TO GIVE THAT HONOR TO--YET THIS BLATANT RACISM WILL BE CELEBRATED AS ANOTHER OBAMA MARVELOUS DEED
AND REPRESENTATIVE OF HIS COMPASSION, GENIUS AND IMAGE AS A GREAT LEADER...
ALL OF WHICH IS PURE PROPAGANDA / LIES , MEDIA HYPED BULLSHIT.
A SOLID GOLD FACT...IMHO

Yet this truthful comment by me, a history buff with 40 years avidly studying our nation's history, will be declared to be racist as it openly and defiantly points out the truth about the real racism going on in this nation now.--Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-21-2016, 10:24 AM
I know this looks and sounds racist... but look at the similarities between Tubman and Aunt Jemima.
http://i68.tinypic.com/w8kg02.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/ie8zBCX.jpg

If Jemima was frowning and Tubman pic was in color -- they'd almost be twins!! .. :laugh::laugh::laugh:--TYR

A DAMN SHAME THAT THEY DIDNT PUT AUNT JEMIMA ON THE 20 SPOT AS IT WOULD HAVE BEEN FAR MORE PLEASING TO THE EYE....TYR

fj1200
04-21-2016, 12:59 PM
And?

And that is completely off topic.

http://i64.tinypic.com/1253mdc.jpg

well??

Great, the found a better picture than a biased Photoshop. :)

By choosing a Christian Republican to put on the $20?!? The b@$tard!

namvet
04-21-2016, 01:02 PM
And that is completely off topic.

Great, the found a better picture than a biased Photoshop. :)

By choosing a Christian Republican to put on the $20?!? The b@$tard!

lighten up will ya. WTF is wrong with some one like MLK ???

fj1200
04-21-2016, 01:04 PM
lighten up will ya. WTF is wrong with some one like MLK ???

I need to lighten up?

ill bet this was Mooch's idea. she does wear the pants in the WH. tells him when to piss and when to squeeze it off

:confused:

I don't know, what would be wrong with someone like MLK? Except they're looking for a woman to put on currency IIRC.

namvet
04-21-2016, 01:21 PM
I need to lighten up?

:confused:

I don't know, what would be wrong with someone like MLK? Except they're looking for a woman to put on currency IIRC.

and how many famous black women are there??

Black Diamond
04-21-2016, 01:23 PM

They could have chosen Oprah.

namvet
04-21-2016, 01:25 PM
They could have chosen Oprah.

old white people should die ?? yeah she's a poster bitch :laugh:

Black Diamond
04-21-2016, 01:27 PM
old white people should die ?? yeah she's a poster bitch :laugh:

Phylicia Rashad?

namvet
04-21-2016, 01:31 PM
Phylicia Rashad?

beats the ugly fuck they selected

Russ
04-21-2016, 02:07 PM

There's the woman I saw on the bus the other day... why don't they put her on the twenty dollar bill? And replace Lincoln on the five dolllar bill with Elizabeth Warren? And replace Washington on the one dollar bill with Kim Kardashian? Remember, if you disagree with any of these suggestions, you're part of the 'War on Women'.

Black Diamond
04-21-2016, 02:08 PM
There's the woman I saw on the bus the other day... why don't they put her on the twenty dollar bill? And replace Lincoln on the five dolllar bill with Elizabeth Warren? And replace Washington on the one dollar bill with Kim Kardashian? Remember, if you disagree with any of these suggestions, you're part of the 'War on Women'.

Gloria Steinem

Russ
04-21-2016, 02:15 PM
If Jemima was frowning and Tubman pic was in color -- they'd almost be twins!! .. :laugh::laugh::laugh:--TYR

A DAMN SHAME THAT THEY DIDNT PUT AUNT JEMIMA ON THE 20 SPOT AS IT WOULD HAVE BEEN FAR MORE PLEASING TO THE EYE....TYR

Hmmm, I've never seen Harriet Tubman and Aunt Jemima shown together in the same photograph. You don't suppose....

Black Diamond
04-21-2016, 02:21 PM
Hmmm, I've never seen Harriet Tubman and Aunt Jemima shown together in the same photograph. You don't suppose....

My wife has been saying for years...

Aunt Jemima used to look like Harriet Tubman. Now she looks like June Cleaver.

namvet
04-21-2016, 02:54 PM
ok that settles it. Aunt Jemima it is

fj1200
04-21-2016, 04:45 PM

A lot? Worthy of being on currency? A lot less. But if your argument centers on race and attractiveness then that would be a whole different story.

Gunny
04-21-2016, 06:06 PM
A lot? Worthy of being on currency? A lot less. But if your argument centers on race and attractiveness then that would be a whole different story.

Why? Attractiveness doesn't matter? Then why change it at all? We are $20T in debt and all we have to fuss about is whose face is on a monetary bill? Let's spend a cool mil retooling our engraving plates to placate PC morons. :rolleyes:

Kathianne
04-21-2016, 06:13 PM
Why? Attractiveness doesn't matter? Then why change it at all? We are $20T in debt and all we have to fuss about is whose face is on a monetary bill? Let's spend a cool mil retooling our engraving plates to placate PC morons. :rolleyes:

I'm just glad they didn't remove Hamilton, though they may be adding someone on the backside of the 20 down the road.

It is kinda funny that they're replacing a slaver and the person most responsible for Native American displacement with a woman that fought against slavery.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-21-2016, 06:19 PM

I detest him.

He knows far more 20 dollar bills are used than hundreds in everyday transactions.
And the broker his policies make us the less hundred notes we will be carrying.
The maggot is not smart enough to think this up himself , his handlers did (globalists)...
Right now an American hundred dollar bill is really worth less that a financially sound 20 note IMHO.
AND WE HAVE NEITHER BILL THAT IS TRULY SOUND IMHO..-Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-21-2016, 06:25 PM
I'm just glad they didn't remove Hamilton, though they may be adding someone on the backside of the 20 down the road.

It is kinda funny that they're replacing a slaver and the person most responsible for Native American displacement with a woman that fought against slavery.
Jackson had his faults but she(TUBMAN) couldnt polish his boots in importance, she is a black token and a slap in our faces by this arrogant little prick of a man.
BY THE OBAMA A SOB not even worth spitting on , forced upon us by dumbass , lazy gubbermint leeches and arrogant dem fools IMHO..-Tyr

Kathianne
04-21-2016, 06:29 PM
Jackson had his faults but she(TUBMAN) couldnt polish his boots in importance, she is a black token and a slap in our faces by this arrogant little prick of a man.
BY THE OBAMA A SOB not even worth spitting on , forced upon us by dumbass , lazy gubbermint leeches and arrogant dem fools IMHO..-Tyr

I think Jackson had a more than a few faults. He destroyed the bank of the US, he made moves that made the Civil War inevitable, though unintentional. He institutionalized the spoils system. He had many negatives and the only pro I can go with is that he helped prevent the presidency from becoming too 'royal.' Looking now, might not be a pro.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-21-2016, 06:35 PM
How about we put Jefferson Davis on the $50.

Just to even things out.
I will go you one even better--put Robert E. Lee on the $50... -Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-21-2016, 06:42 PM
I think Jackson had a more than a few faults. He destroyed the bank of the US, he made moves that made the Civil War inevitable, though unintentional. He institutionalized the spoils system. He had many negatives and the only pro I can go with is that he helped prevent the presidency from becoming too 'royal.' Looking now, might not be a pro.

When he was voted in he was the poor man's choice and heralded as the people's champion.
He was tougher than hickory , hence his nickname- Old Hickory.
I will not go overboard preaching his greatness because my grandfather was Native American and Jackson chose the nation over their welfare
and just treatment...
He saw them as a boulder in the road for this nation's advancement as a power.
Which in truth was him being a damn good leader for -"his people"!!
Still she does NOT rate with him, not in importance or anything that counts as greatness and service to this nation.
A token black, NOW used by THE SCUM OBAMA to spit on us is all, IMHO.--TYR

Kathianne
04-21-2016, 07:21 PM
I don't know Tyr, she was a Republican. She escaped slavery and used the rest of her life to help others get free, pretty noble in my opinion. Besides, she knew how to use a gun!

Gunny
04-21-2016, 07:41 PM
I don't know Tyr, she was a Republican. She escaped slavery and used the rest of her life to help others get free, pretty noble in my opinion. Besides, she knew how to use a gun!

I honestly think it's ridiculous. I don't see why we have to placate 15% of the population. Might as well put a Mexican on there. They outnumber blacks. Or maybe we could just leave it alone?

I like Jackson because he was a lot like me. You didn't have to guess where he was coming from. He was also a man of his time. He owned slaves? Big deal. You screwed with him he'd kick your ass? Big deal. I don't judge people from THEN by our goofy revisionist crap. The US didn't start slavery and if you grew up thinking it was okay, what else are you supposed to think? Look at some of the stupid crap people are raised to believe now? "It's easier to get a handout from the government than get a job." If you grew up where you settled your differences with a duel, what else are you supposed to believe? We Southern boys don't play around, but unlike gangbangers, we step out to the parking lot. When I was a kid if you tried to interfere in a one on one the people watching would kick your ass.

I also disagree that he had any standing in the lead-up to Civil War. That was coming because of a cultural divide regardless. It's going to be the same reason the next time. You of all people should realize that. Chicago to AZ? I'm STILL trying to figure out how NM is right next door to TX and they are polar opposites. These people here are weird as Hell.

The only thing I have against Jackson, and JQ Adams is they dragged their families into the fray. The other thing is I didn't like the way he treated indians, but again, that was then.

fj1200
04-21-2016, 09:57 PM

I'm pretty sure they prettied up all the others on bills or at least chose a better picture. I'm also pretty sure they'll find a better picture than the one chopped in the OP. There are arguments for or against HT and for or against changing at all but whining about race and attractiveness makes the whiners look petty.

... his handlers did (globalists)...

Yeah, them's the ones! :spit:

darin
04-22-2016, 01:44 AM
Better candidate by SOME measures here. But I think I'd agree :)

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/08/12/article-2722411-2063527100000578-103_634x960.jpg

Truth is - I didn't know Ms Tubman's leanings - thanks FJ.

But - and here's the problem...

Renaming Mountains, Causing the middle class financial distress, Turning citizens into criminals, - and re-doing MONEY.

That's my issue. He keeps fucking up shit, just to feed his ego.

Gunny
04-22-2016, 02:17 AM
I'm pretty sure they prettied up all the others on bills or at least chose a better picture. I'm also pretty sure they'll find a better picture than the one chopped in the OP. There are arguments for or against HT and for or against changing at all but whining about race and attractiveness makes the whiners look petty.

Yeah, them's the ones! :spit:

I don't look at them. I've carried almost no cash since the 90s. I don't know why it matters except some people have to find something to gripe about. We going to rewrite history on George Washington too? He owned slaves.

I love history, The good and the bad. It disgusts me to see people thinking that rewriting it will change what actually happened. What it does, is uneducate those that follow us. So Andrew Jackson was a Southern redneck. Big deal. And placating less than 15% of our population is ridiculous.

Bilgerat
04-22-2016, 07:40 AM
Wanna drive the Libtards crazy?

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/13000161_1158367797515883_7148625561284150460_n.jp g?oh=f4ec3cc518c685eff5b56bed4de62eb8&oe=57AD83F8

Bilgerat
04-22-2016, 08:10 AM
Of course, the "Tubbie" may have some good things to it

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/13000190_10153384542205881_3967613493938988333_n.j pg?oh=a459e8e4ae4094807de9ecc80f0d11aa&oe=57B816F9

aboutime
04-22-2016, 08:29 PM

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/13000190_10153384542205881_3967613493938988333_n.j pg?oh=a459e8e4ae4094807de9ecc80f0d11aa&oe=57B816F9

Bilgerat. Just watch how the Obama-ites begin to complain when those TUBBIES aren't free like phones, monthly checks, and Promises made by LBJ???

Gunny
04-22-2016, 08:35 PM
Bilgerat. Just watch how the Obama-ites begin to complain when those TUBBIES aren't free like phones, monthly checks, and Promises made by LBJ???

Don't know about you, but I wouldn't put that in my wallet. I'd ask for 10s.

aboutime
04-22-2016, 08:39 PM
Don't know about you, but I wouldn't put that in my wallet. I'd ask for 10s.

Actually. I was thinking....more along this line....http://icansayit.com/images/toilpaper.gif

Elessar
04-23-2016, 12:44 AM
I will go you one even better--put Robert E. Lee on the $50... -Tyr

Put Lee and Grant on the backside.

Put Patton on the front!

Elessar
04-23-2016, 12:48 AM

That is just plain Ugly

Black Diamond
04-23-2016, 01:40 AM
Put Lee and Grant on the backside.

Put Patton on the front!

Patton slapped that kid. Not PC

No currency for him.

Atticus Finch
04-23-2016, 05:31 AM
If we are going to go black on our currency start with Smokey Robinson on a C note.

Gunny
04-23-2016, 05:46 AM

No currency for him.

So he slapped a sick bay commando? If you'ew going to be a whiner and can't hack it, say so. Don't go hiding out in sick bay. I'd rather you just tell me you're a wimp so I can get rid of your ass than you pretending something is wrong with you.

I LOVED Patton, and I'd have followed him into Hell to kick the devil's ass. No gimmicks. No politics. Just you're getting your ass kicked. He was so un-PC he makes me look like a choir boy.:laugh:

Gunny
04-23-2016, 05:49 AM
If we are going to go black on our currency start with Smokey Robinson on a C note.

Malcom X was actually pretty cool. Too cool for his own people so they murdered him. I'd rather see him on some currency replacing a bleeding heart Dem than some one's cultural icon that was, by law, a criminal.

Atticus Finch
04-23-2016, 06:59 AM
Malcom X was actually pretty cool. Too cool for his own people so they murdered him. I'd rather see him on some currency replacing a bleeding heart Dem than some one's cultural icon that was, by law, a criminal.I changed my post after you answered the first one.

Gunny
04-23-2016, 07:27 AM
I changed my post after you answered the first one.

Don't do crap like that. Just make another post. Smokey works for me.

jimnyc
04-23-2016, 07:33 AM
Don't do crap like that. Just make another post. Smokey works for me.

A lot of the black singers from the 50's and 60's are cool as hell, and I would rather have them than the pancake looking lady!

Gunny
04-23-2016, 08:12 AM
A lot of the black singers from the 50's and 60's are cool as hell, and I would rather have them than the pancake looking lady!

I TOTALLY love Motown. I'd go with Percy Sledge. But Smokey will do.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-23-2016, 08:45 AM
I TOTALLY love Motown. I'd go with Percy Sledge. But Smokey will do.

Otis Redding, Bill Withers, Dobie Gray-- All were truly great!!
Had awesome songs and meaningful lyrics unlike the rap crap lauded so much --Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-23-2016, 10:15 AM
Had awesome songs and meaningful lyrics unlike the rap crap lauded so much --Tyr

So Shoot Me, I forgot Ben E. King...-TYR

namvet
04-23-2016, 10:27 AM

rap crap is right. nothing but programmed noise

Black Diamond
04-23-2016, 10:29 AM
Put Prince on the $20 and have purple currency :)

Gunny
04-23-2016, 11:39 AM

You can uninclude me in anything called rap. That'll be a cold day in Hell.

Elessar
04-23-2016, 02:08 PM

No currency for him.

Who of upright quality and honesty gives a shit about PC, BD?

Before all of this touchy-feely nonsense, Sgt's and senior Petty
Officers would often slap sense into a miscreant.

Patton was a LEADER! Not a wimpy politician.

Black Diamond
04-23-2016, 02:09 PM

Too many people. Such is the condition of "America".

Elessar
04-23-2016, 02:14 PM

B.B King. Met him. What a total gentleman.

Elessar
04-23-2016, 02:18 PM
Too many people. Such is the condition of "America".

It's stupid. We're supposed to sit back when someone insults us, then threaten lawsuits for retaliation?

Like Gunny said in so many words, Patton slapped some sense into the kid and booted him back on the line.

Leaders do that....PC pussies don't.

Black Diamond
04-23-2016, 02:31 PM
It's stupid. We're supposed to sit back when someone insults us, then threaten lawsuits for retaliation?

Like Gunny said in so many words, Patton slapped some sense into the kid and booted him back on the line.

Leaders do that....PC pussies don't.

As I said... The new "America"

namvet
04-23-2016, 02:38 PM
Patton paid the price for that slap to. relieved of command and forced to publicly apologize to the kid

jimnyc
04-23-2016, 02:39 PM
I'm trading in my new $20's for Canadian 20's!! :)

http://www.coincommunity.com/forum/uploaded/wade/20120506_new20bill.jpg

namvet
04-23-2016, 02:43 PM

I think ill start printing my own money. that legal ??:laugh:

Black Diamond
04-23-2016, 02:48 PM
Patton paid the price for that slap to. relieved of command and forced to publicly apologize to the kid
Yeah but that's probably not enough. Plus Patton is white.

Elessar
04-23-2016, 03:36 PM

True....

I wonder how many lower levels enlisted got in trouble for the same thing.

Black Diamond
04-23-2016, 03:37 PM
True....

I wonder how many lower levels enlisted got in trouble for the same thing.
According to the movie, the press went wild about the slap and it seemed the media may have played a role in Ike's decision?..

namvet
04-23-2016, 04:07 PM
Ike had no intentions of bagging the best field commander he had. the best the allies had with so many important battles yet to be fought in spite of pressure from home to send him home. while Patton was under hack Ike chose Bradley to lead the D Day invasion and came under a lot of heat for not letting Patton lead the way.

Black Diamond
04-23-2016, 04:20 PM
Ike had no intentions of bagging the best field commander he had. the best the allies had with so many important battles yet to be fought in spite of pressure from home to send him home. while Patton was under hack Ike chose Bradley to lead the D Day invasion and came under a lot of heat for not letting Patton lead the way.
Makes sense to me. At least from the movie.

Elessar
04-23-2016, 07:51 PM

I read the book, too.

"Patton", by Ladislas Farago.

Put Patton on the $20!

Lee and Grant on the back....enemies that honored and
respected each other.

namvet
04-23-2016, 08:16 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9DpKDwCJcM

Black Diamond
04-23-2016, 08:23 PM
I read the book, too.

"Patton", by Ladislas Farago.

Put Patton on the $20!

Lee and Grant on the back....enemies that honored and
respected each other.

I am right with ya. But these fucksticks would never go for it.

Gunny
04-23-2016, 08:33 PM

Before all of this touchy-feely nonsense, Sgt's and senior Petty
Officers would often slap sense into a miscreant.

Patton was a LEADER! Not a wimpy politician.

I had the sh*t knocked out of me before, More than once. At least I earned it. :laugh:

It just wasn't a big deal to us. I never thought anything of it. You're a Marine, football player and martial artist and you can't take a damned punch when you f*ck up? Do they issue crying towels nowadays in boot camp?:rolleyes:

Let me be the first to say, Ike occupied a spot. He was DC chair polisher and diplomat and THAT is how he got his job. Some of his decisions, especially placating Montgomery were dumb as Hell. Montgomery thought he was God. Look how well Operation Market Garden went. :rolleyes:

Generals like Patton, Bradley and Stilwell or AS Johnston are MY kind of generals. I wouldn't have to travel 20 miles behind the front to find them. Not always the wisest decisions to lead from the front (it cost Johnston his life and more importantly, the war in the west for the south at Shiloh). But if I'm following your ass, you better have some freakin' clue about what you're doing.

Hell, I'd put Pappy Boyington the $20 just to piss off everyone.:laugh:

Then came the Battle of the Bulge and guess who showed up first. Patton has been portrayed negatively, even the movie and emphasis was put on things that weren't factual. Like the "our blood, his guts" comment in the movie. He was right there. Ain't like he was polishing a chair with his ass somewhere. And there ain't one of us that ain't a quimby that wouldn't bust our balls to relieve our brothers. Those soldiers in Bastogne manned the line. It was below freezing, they were improperly equipped for cold weather, and because of the weather had no air support. Maybe Ike should have gotten them some cold weather gear?

And I had to chuckle at myself. I know the older vets on here will remember that old-school cold weather gear. Geez. Weighed a ton and those damned Mickey Mouse boots. I don't miss one bit of THAT sh*t. You got a workout just wearing that crap and STILL were freezing. :laugh:

Oh. and FYI, I would put Gunnery Sergeant John Basilone on my money. He was so hard cops he wore his clothes out from the inside. He was such a prick that after getting the Medal of Honor and a cushy war bond job he said fuck all this noise and went back into combat.

Kathianne
04-24-2016, 09:12 AM
I can't say I'm all worked up about the changes on the currency, as noted, Jackson will still be on it, just on the other side:

http://reason.com/blog/2016/04/21/4-ways-harriet-tubman-totally-kicked-ass

4 Ways Harriet Tubman Totally Kicked Ass From a Libertarian POV (http://reason.com/blog/2016/04/21/4-ways-harriet-tubman-totally-kicked-ass)The "Moses" of the Underground Railroad exemplified belief in self-ownership, liberty, equality before the law, and more.Nick Gillespie (http://reason.com/people/nick-gillespie/all)|<time datetime="2016-04-21T14:32:00+00:00" style="font-family: Helvetica, helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: 1.5em; border: 0px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-size: 11.9px; color: rgb(51, 51, 51);">Apr. 21, 2016 10:32 am

</time>So Harriet Tubman (1822-1913) is going to be the new face (http://reason.com/blog/2016/04/20/great-news-harriet-tubman-will-replace-a)of the $20 bill. Great choice, yes. The only downside, really, is that the bills won't be released until 2026 or later, by which point they'll be worth, what, about $10 in today's fiat currency? And Andrew Jackson, who in many ways incarnates everything that is awful about America (racist, jingoistic, power-mad, genocidal, and more), will still be on the back of the bill.

Here are four ways that Tubman isn't just a great choice in general but a great choice from a specifically libertarian perspective.

She chose to live free or die and articulated that message for all to understand. "I had reasoned this out in my mind," she said (http://reason.com/admin/pages/%22I%20had%20reasoned%20this%20out%20in%20my%20min d;%20there%20was%20one%20of%20two%20things%20I%20h ad%20a%20right%20to,%20liberty,%20or%20death;%20if %20I%20could%20not%20have%20one,%20I%20would%20hav e%20the%20other;%20for%20no%20man%20should%20take% 20me%20alive;%20I%20should%20fight%20for%20my%20li berty%20as%20long%20as%20my%20strength%20lasted,%2 0and%20when%20the%20time%20came%20for%20me%20to%20 go,%20the%20Lord%20would%20let%20them%20take%20me. %22), recalling the death of her master and the necessity of escape. "There was one of two things I had a right to, liberty, or death; if I could not have one, I would have the other; for no man should take me alive; I should fight for my liberty as long as my strength lasted, and when the time came for me to go, the Lord would let them take me."

She exemplified higher-law theory, which holds that laws violating basic human rights are null and void regardless of the repressive superstructures created to legitimate and maintain them, and risked her life freeing about 70 other slaves as the "Moses" of the Underground Railroad. Her actions thus stemmed from a reading of rights that synchs with libertarian legal scholar Randy Barnett's discussion of limits on government power in his latest book (http://reason.com/reasontv/2016/04/07/randy-barnett-our-republican-constitutio). At the same time, she didn't advocate violence in the mode of John Brown (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harriet_Tubman#John_Brown_and_Harpers_Ferry), whose goal of ending slavery she shared.

She believed in armed self-defense, a radical-enough concept for poor whites, let alone renegade blacks. During her Underground Railroad missions, she carried a pistol both for protection against slave-catchers and, reportedly, to keep ambivalent "passengers" in line. To this day, blacks have a strong and yet routinely overlooked belief in the Second Amendment, leading one historian to argue that "guns made the Civil Rights movement possible (http://reason.com/archives/2014/07/22/how-crazy-negroes-with-guns-he)." The desire of relatively powerless minorities to arm themselves can still be heard in pro-Second Amendment remarks made by rappers such as Ice-T. (http://reason.com/blog/2012/07/25/ice-t-from-cop-killer-to-second-amendmen)

She was a suffragette who, after helping slaves escape and working as a spy and scout for the Union in the Civil War, committed herself to women being allowed to vote and have equality under the law. According to Wikipedia, when Tubman was asked whether she believed women deserved the vote, she replied, "I suffered enough to believe it."

Kathianne
04-24-2016, 09:15 AM
I know I mentioned before that she was a Republican and gun tottin' too, but here's one more:

http://www.nationalreview.com/node/434371/print

Harriet Tubman Is a Great Choice, Not a Politically Correct OneBy Jim Geraghty — April 21, 2016
If you look at Harriet Tubman and all you see is, “African-American woman,” well then, you’re a historically-ignorant idiot.
Treasury Secretary Jack Lew, announcing the decision (https://medium.com/@USTreasury/an-open-letter-from-secretary-lew-672cfd591d02#.oe52qyjum) to put Tubman on the $20:

Looking back on her life, Tubman once said, “I would fight for liberty so long as my strength lasted.” And she did fight, for the freedom of slaves and for the right of women to vote. Her incredible story of courage and commitment to equality embodies the ideals of democracy that our nation celebrates, and we will continue to value her legacy by honoring her on our currency.

Perhaps some of the voices calling for Tubman on the $20 just wanted any prominent African-American woman to replace one of the white males on our currency. If it was political correctness that drove this decision, who cares? The Obama administration has inadvertently given Tubman fans of all political stripes an opportunity to tell the story of a deeply-religious, gun-toting Republican who fought for freedom in defiance of the laws of a government that refused to recognize her rights.

Historical accounts say she always carried a gun (http://www.harriet-tubman.org/moses-underground-railroad/) (and often an ivory-handled sword (http://www.guns.com/2016/04/20/obama-administration-says-pro-gun-republican-harriet-tubman-to-grace-the-20-bill/)) and echoing the “Live Free or Die” Revolutionary War slogan (http://www.harriettubmanbiography.com/harriet-tubman-myths-and-facts.html):

“I had reasoned this out in my mind; there was one of two things I had a right to, liberty, or death; if I could not have one, I would have the other; for no man should take me alive; I should fight for my liberty as long as my strength lasted, and when the time came for me to go, the Lord would let them take me.”

She was a Civil War spy (http://www.libertyletters.com/resources/civil-war/harriet-tubman-civil-war-spy.php), carried a sharp-shooter’s rifle, used disguises, worked as a nurse at Fort Monroe in Virginia, and helped lead the Combahee River raid (http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/06/07/harriet-tubmans-great-raid/). (How has this not been a subject for a major Hollywood biopic until now (http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/viola-davis-harriet-tubman-hbo-kirk-ellis-movie-1201480848/)?)

This morning, Donald Trump said the decision (http://nypost.com/2016/04/21/donald-trump-its-wrong-to-put-harriet-tubman-on-the-20-bill/) was “pure political correctness” and suggested putting her on the $2 bill. (Tough luck for Thomas Jefferson, apparently.) Also, last night Greta Van Susteren said the administration (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNhxUJqnZZg) “went stupid, for no reason” by creating “a completely unnecessary fight.” She said Tubman deserves the honor, and perhaps her own bill, but that the move to replace Jackson will “gratuitously stir up conflict in the nation.”

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-24-2016, 09:28 AM
B.B King. Met him. What a total gentleman.
I met him as well, in his club in Memphis long ago.
YOUR JUDGMENT IS DEAD ON --HE WAS A TOTAL GENTLEMAN..--Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-24-2016, 09:35 AM
I know I mentioned before that she was a Republican and gun tottin' too, but here's one more:

http://www.nationalreview.com/node/434371/print

This morning, Donald Trump said the decision was “pure political correctness” and suggested putting her on the $2 bill. (Tough luck for Thomas Jefferson, apparently.) Also, last night Greta Van Susteren said the administration “went stupid, for no reason” by creating “a completely unnecessary fight.” She said Tubman deserves the honor, and perhaps her own bill, but that the move to replace Jackson will “gratuitously stir up conflict in the nation.”

As is the intent by the obama divide and conquer the nation agenda--far more than just to try to win the election..
Its treasonous acts that he does with impunity..-Tyr

Gunny
04-24-2016, 09:54 AM

Y'all a-holes met BB King and didn't invite ME. Some f-ing friends around here. :laugh:

Elessar
04-24-2016, 02:10 PM
Then came the Battle of the Bulge and guess who showed up first. Patton has been portrayed negatively, even the movie and emphasis was put on things that weren't factual. Like the "our blood, his guts" comment in the movie. He was right there. Ain't like he was polishing a chair with his ass somewhere. And there ain't one of us that ain't a quimby that wouldn't bust our balls to relieve our brothers. Those soldiers in Bastogne manned the line. It was below freezing, they were improperly equipped for cold weather, and because of the weather had no air support. Maybe Ike should have gotten them some cold weather gear?

Accurately shown in the book and movie, he foresaw that problem in
Bastonge and had his forces plan ahead for the shift up there.

Monty and IKE did not do a damn thing. It was Patton and Bradley.

Elessar
04-24-2016, 02:11 PM

I was Emcee for his concert in college. I sat in his dressing room as he tuned up Lucille.

Abbey Marie
04-24-2016, 02:50 PM
Just goes to show, people are never satisfied:

The only downside, really, is that the bills won't be released until 2026 or later, by which point they'll be worth, what, about $10 in today's fiat currency? And Andrew Jackson, who in many ways incarnates everything that is awful about America (racist, jingoistic, power-mad, genocidal, and more), will still be on the back of the bill.

:rolleyes:

Black Diamond
04-24-2016, 03:04 PM
Y'all a-holes met BB King and didn't invite ME. Some f-ing friends around here. :laugh:

That's cause they knew you were only interested in Lucille.

Gunny
04-24-2016, 11:11 PM
That's cause they knew you were only interested in Lucille.

I can play Lucille. You? And I play old school country and blue grass. Little bit of blues. I wouldn't wait on a Prince song though.

Black Diamond
04-24-2016, 11:17 PM
I can play Lucille. You? And I play old school country and blue grass. Little bit of blues. I wouldn't wait on a Prince song though.

Nah. I know most chords. But that's about it.

Gunny
04-24-2016, 11:32 PM
Nah. I know most chords. But that's about it.

You think I can play more than chords? I was taught to back up Grandaddy's fiddle. :laugh:

LongTermGuy
04-24-2016, 11:55 PM
You think I can play more than chords? I was taught to back up Grandaddy's fiddle. :laugh:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Mjc2slEyM00/TmX9I0vWUOI/AAAAAAAAB-I/n0jRiNKinJg/s1600/Deliverance_027Pyxurz.jpg
:laugh:

darin
04-25-2016, 03:09 AM
WTF is up with the racist-type terms? Do grown up people still use 'coon'??? Get a f'in life. :(

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-25-2016, 06:10 AM

He was pretty down to earth guy. I told him I skipped work that night to come see him play and he bought my table (4 of us)
beer the rest of the night on he house.
I drank a bit back then and he was one helluva great entertainer.-Tyr

Gunny
04-25-2016, 06:56 AM
He was pretty down to earth guy. I told him I skipped work that night to come see him play and he bought my table (4 of us)
beer the rest of the night on he house.
I drank a bit back then and he was one helluva great entertainer.-Tyr

All you're really doing is telling everyone we're older than dirt. I love all those old blues guys. Louis Armstrong is my favorite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGmRKWJdwBc

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-25-2016, 08:15 AM
All you're really doing is telling everyone we're older than dirt. I love all those old blues guys. Louis Armstrong is my favorite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGmRKWJdwBc

Agree, a bad habit of mine--always placing truth ahead of all else.
And we are older than dirt since we packed into each year about a dozen years of wild living!
For 20 years I did that so its about 240 years of normal living in my mind.
How and why I survived I havent a clue--I should have been dead long before now methinks.
If you consider how you HAVE SURVIVED THEN YOU KNOW , A GREATER POWER HAS LOOKED OVER YOU AND MADE THAT HAPPEN MY FRIEND.
As nothing else can explain it....-Tyr

LongTermGuy
04-25-2016, 08:16 AM
WTF is up with the racist-type terms? Do grown up people still use 'coon'??? Get a f'in life. :(

I didnt see what you were talking about...But...Terms are all in the eyes of the beholder...everybody has different "meanings" for different "terms"...just like the word "Cracker"....Thus..everyone should follow the same rules....which they dont....some groups... it seems... are considered more "special" than others...*which I find Offensive....The PC garbage is Bullshit when used to protect just one group and making reckless Pre-Madonnas out of them.......and is killing America

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/coon

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-25-2016, 08:45 AM

My father and grandfather coon hunted, shot them , skinned them , sold the hides and even ate the meat.
But I suspect you didnt reference coon the furry animal in your comment.
Only coon I know is the furry animal. Of which nobody today buys the hide- so most now are hunted for sport , tree'd and not shot.

fj1200
04-25-2016, 10:16 AM
Better candidate by SOME measures here. But I think I'd agree :)

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/08/12/article-2722411-2063527100000578-103_634x960.jpg

Truth is - I didn't know Ms Tubman's leanings - thanks FJ.

But - and here's the problem...

Renaming Mountains, Causing the middle class financial distress, Turning citizens into criminals, - and re-doing MONEY.

That's my issue. He keeps fucking up shit, just to feed his ego.

I think Halle has some cred too. It takes some guts to go with a "just one drop" legal argument. :p

I don't look at them. I've carried almost no cash since the 90s. I don't know why it matters except some people have to find something to gripe about. We going to rewrite history on George Washington too? He owned slaves.

I love history, The good and the bad. It disgusts me to see people thinking that rewriting it will change what actually happened. What it does, is uneducate those that follow us. So Andrew Jackson was a Southern redneck. Big deal. And placating less than 15% of our population is ridiculous.

That they do. And in no way should we be erasing history because we're adding to it every day.

fj1200
04-25-2016, 11:08 AM

Is that the nippie to go along with the loonie?

jimnyc
04-25-2016, 11:35 AM
Is that the nippie to go along with the loonie?

Shhhhhhh...... I don't think Canada noticed that yet!!