PDA

View Full Version : FJ1200 Banned

darin
04-21-2016, 01:33 AM
Just kidding.

Hey man - you're a scooby guy? Did we talk about that before? I had a spec.b awhile back; that's how I met Kerb - who was here until he was banned. VF52 @ 24psi, 740cc, 250lph, etc, etc - via Romraider and what-not.

:)

I sorta miss it. Sorta. Was fast - but heavy. But pretty fast. :)

Gunny
04-21-2016, 01:52 AM
Just kidding.

Hey man - you're a scooby guy? Did we talk about that before? I had a spec.b awhile back; that's how I met Kerb - who was here until he was banned. VF52 @ 24psi, 740cc, 250lph, etc, etc - via Romraider and what-not.

Don't ban FJ. I actually like him. Besides, we're getting short on people to argue with.

darin
04-21-2016, 02:29 AM
I would never. I think he's a good dude :)

jimnyc
04-21-2016, 05:32 AM
Adios FJ!! :lol:

Voted4Reagan
04-21-2016, 06:26 AM
one can only dream...

Drummond
04-21-2016, 06:39 AM
I would never. I think he's a good dude :)

The mind boggles .......

darin
04-21-2016, 06:44 AM
one can only dream...

The mind boggles .......

please don't make this thread nasty.

Was started as a fun thread to talk cars. That's all. :)

Danke

NightTrain
04-21-2016, 08:18 AM
Don't ban him until I take him fishing with bacon-scented bug repellent when he comes up on his bike!

And I'm going to take Gunny crabbing.

Gunny
04-21-2016, 08:20 AM
Don't ban him until I take him fishing with bacon-scented bug repellent when he comes up on his bike!

Not in THAT friggin water you ain't. You want to go crabbing off the East Coast we can talk. I hate the West Coast water and I imagine it don't get any warmer in AK than in SoCal. Me and cold don't get along and the older I've gotten, the more we don't get along.

CSM
04-21-2016, 08:44 AM

Gunny can't go crabbing...professional courtesy.

fj1200
04-21-2016, 08:48 AM
Just kidding.

You shouldn't get people's hopes up only to dash them on the rocks of reality. :salute:

I have two though neither really fun nor fast. I didn't make the jump to an LGT because third kid but I think an XV Crosstrek has our name on it. I've met up with KRB a couple of times and might try again when I'm in MI in June. My new obsession though:

http://www.corgifan.com/blogger/dromedary.jpg

I'll have those bags loaded for camping tomorrow. :cool:

one can only dream...

... of a non-thinking safe space. :slap:

The mind boggles .......

Because awesome!

Is the bacon for the bugs or the bears? :eek:

NightTrain
04-21-2016, 08:49 AM

It's an Alaskan joke... when you take someone crabbing, it's a setup for the Perfect Crime. The crab pot and body will never be found. :whistling2:

darin
04-21-2016, 08:49 AM

and borderline cannibalistic.

DLT
04-21-2016, 08:51 AM
Just kidding.

This place is tame compared to other venues around the net. It's like a calm oasis in a stormy (and getting stormier) sea.

Don't know the other folks you mentioned. What did they do to get banned?

Perma-banning should only be for the worst trolls and disruptors. I haven't seen anyone around here that fits that description. And hey....you have to have a few token lefties around to toy with. Right?

Gunny
04-21-2016, 08:54 AM
It's an Alaskan joke... when you take someone crabbing, it's a setup for the Perfect Crime. The crab pot and body will never be found. :whistling2:

You'd have to find another patsy. I can swim better than I can walk. My only problem is I don't have much bodyfat so hypothermia is a REAL problem for me if you toss me in a cold drink.

NightTrain
04-21-2016, 08:56 AM
Is the bacon for the bugs or the bears? :eek:

Well, it works due to the fact that mosquitoes can't fly at a human's top speed.

The bacon part provides the motivation to achieve that sort of speed, even in hip waders. It's a good workout, too.

fj1200
04-21-2016, 08:57 AM
Well, it works due to the fact that mosquitoes can't fly at a human's top speed.

The bacon part provides the motivation to achieve that sort of speed, even in hip waders. It's a good workout, too.

I don't think you have my best interest in mind. :slap:

DLT
04-21-2016, 09:09 AM

Oh....crap. So that's what she meant when she said she'd take me crabbing (an old 'friend', at least...I thought).

That bitch!

:laugh:

Gunny
04-21-2016, 09:13 AM
Oh....crap. So that's what she meant when she said she'd take me crabbing (an old 'friend', at least...I thought).

That bitch!

Ummm ... yeah. Taking you crabbing in AK is a one way trip.:laugh:

Abbey Marie
04-21-2016, 09:31 AM
I'll take Gunny for lobster in Maine instead. But we will just order them from a menu. They tend to pinch much less that way.

Kathianne
04-21-2016, 09:33 AM
I'll take Gunny for lobster in Maine instead. But we will just order them from a menu. They tend to pinch much les that way.
I'll go, but think the past few years Maine has been colder than Alaska! :laugh:

jimnyc
04-21-2016, 09:43 AM
WTF? Well that's a bummer. I left a little while ago thinking that FJ was banned, I come back and here he is posting. What a cruel, cruel world.

Russ
04-21-2016, 10:43 AM
I'll take Gunny for lobster in Maine instead. But we will just order them from a menu. They tend to pinch much less that way.

Yes! Red's Lobster Roll!

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8799&stc=1

Kathianne
04-21-2016, 10:44 AM
Oh man! Lobster rolls! Yum and I really, really want one!

NightTrain
04-21-2016, 10:49 AM
Yes! Red's Lobster Roll!

Who is this mysterious Red, and where can I order one of those?

Voted4Reagan
04-21-2016, 11:22 AM

I heard the last time Gunny went crabbing it was at a dockside bar in Subic Bay....

Abbey Marie
04-21-2016, 11:27 AM
Yes! Red's Lobster Roll!

Nothing better!!!

Gunny
04-21-2016, 11:30 AM
I heard the last time @Gunny (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=30) went crabbing it was at a dockside bar in Subic Bay....

LMAO. I might be a dumb jarhead but I wasn't dumb enough to be messing with Flip whores. That's like saying "God, please give me an STD". Crap, I caught enough sh*t in Asia by accident. I sure as hell wasn't going looking for it.

Abbey Marie
04-21-2016, 11:31 AM
[QUOTE=NightTrain;812325]Who is this mysterious Red, and where can I order one of those?[/QUOTE
https://maps.google.com/maps?oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari&um=1&ie=UTF-8&fb=1&gl=us&entry=s&sa=X&ftid=0x4cad923894c27885:0xdf6136272c1d7296&gmm=CgIgAQ%3D%3D

Abbey Marie
04-21-2016, 11:32 AM
I heard the last time @Gunny (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=30) went crabbing it was at a dockside bar in Subic Bay....

I think even I get this reference!

NightTrain
04-21-2016, 11:41 AM
[QUOTE=NightTrain;812325]Who is this mysterious Red, and where can I order one of those?[/QUOTE
https://maps.google.com/maps?oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari&um=1&ie=UTF-8&fb=1&gl=us&entry=s&sa=X&ftid=0x4cad923894c27885:0xdf6136272c1d7296&gmm=CgIgAQ%3D%3D

Ahhhh I see!

And here I thought Russ was referring to a certain redhead he knows! :laugh:

Voted4Reagan
04-21-2016, 12:00 PM
https://i.chzbgr.com/full/8772576256/h1FFEDB00/

Bilgerat
04-21-2016, 12:11 PM
Yes! Red's Lobster Roll!

If you folks want to eat them bottom feeding, ocean cockroaches Just go right ahead

In fact, if you go to Maine, here's a short list of places to visit:
http://www.travelandleisure.com/articles/best-lobster-shacks-in-maine

As for me, I've pulled up too many "floaters" with them attached to even consider it.:puke:

sundaydriver
04-21-2016, 12:20 PM
If you folks want to eat them bottom feeding, ocean cockroaches Just go right ahead

As for me, I've pulled up too many "floaters" with them attached to even consider it.:puke:

2nd hand cannibalism is not as bad for you as some claim. :rolleyes:

NightTrain
04-21-2016, 12:27 PM

Now, Bilgey! Don't go ruining my 2nd favorite food.

...I don't have many vices left, man!

Abbey Marie
04-21-2016, 01:14 PM

I'm sure many types of "sea life" do the same. And at least they aren't eating antibiotics and growth hormones like many livestock.

Bilgerat
04-21-2016, 01:31 PM
I'm sure many types of "sea life" do the same. And at least they aren't eating antibiotics and growth hormones like many livestock.

Unless the deaders were taking antibiotics and/or growth hormones :laugh:

Russ
04-21-2016, 01:38 PM

I will go ahead, thanks Bilge! Lobster could be the food of the gods. How is it you have a link to great lobster places in Maine if you don't like lobster? I checked out the link, and can also recommend Shaw's Lobster Wharf in New Harbor - great lobster and steamed clams, and all while eating on deck overhanging the harbor. :thumb:

Abbey Marie
04-21-2016, 01:40 PM
Unless the deaders were taking antibiotics and/or growth hormones :laugh:

That lobster would have to chow down for a year to equal the constant feedings I'm talking about!

But I am sure the sights you saw were disturbing. Kind of like getting a peek into the kitchen at a Chinese take-out joint.

Bilgerat
04-21-2016, 01:46 PM
I will go ahead, thanks Bilge! Lobster could be the food of the gods. How is it you have a link to great lobster places in Maine if you don't like lobster? I checked out the link, and can also recommend Shaw's Lobster Wharf in New Harbor - great lobster and steamed clams, and all while eating on deck overhanging the harbor. :thumb:

I was born & bred in Maine. As a lad I worked the boats in summer.

When the prices were good, cash was there.

When bad, you got paid with bugs.

Got to where I hated the taste of them, BEFORE I joined the "Confused Group.

After the first floater, :panicsmiley:

Russ
04-21-2016, 02:09 PM
That lobster would have to chow down for a year to equal the constant feedings I'm talking about!

But I am sure the sights you saw were disturbing. Kind of like getting a peek into the kitchen at a Chinese take-out joint.

Nobody wants to no how the sausage is made...

Black Diamond
04-21-2016, 02:10 PM
Nobody wants to no how the sausage is made...

Nor how Obamacare was made.

indago
04-21-2016, 10:49 PM
FJ1200 Banned

Just kidding.

Then why did you even bring it up?

darin
04-22-2016, 12:31 AM

why did I bring what up? The subaru stuff?

Gunny
04-22-2016, 02:24 AM

You mean an original thought just to tease someone? Guess they don't post anything like that to cut n paste from the AP, huh? :rolleyes:

You are such a douche sometimes.

Voted4Reagan
04-22-2016, 07:16 AM
You mean an original thought just to tease someone? Guess they don't post anything like that to cut n paste from the AP, huh? :rolleyes:

You are such a douche sometimes.

He does periodically snivel and whine.... doesnt he?

NightTrain
04-22-2016, 07:21 AM
He does periodically snivel and whine.... doesnt he?

Seems to me that there was a thread for that sort of thing...

indago
04-22-2016, 11:38 AM
Seems to me that there was a thread for that sort of thing...

Yes, it's HERE (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?49744-The-aboutime-and-Gunny-Snivel-Thread&p=735589#post735589)

NightTrain
04-22-2016, 11:54 AM
Yes, it's HERE (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?49744-The-aboutime-and-Gunny-Snivel-Thread&p=735589#post735589)

:laugh2:

I knew it wouldn't be long before you found that one.

Elessar
04-22-2016, 01:26 PM
After the first floater, :panicsmiley:

Floaters...no fun at all....

I've pulled a few.

Had a patrol boat go get one off Port San Luis (CA).
It was in a wetsuit. When the crew tried to get it on board
the deteriorated body oozed out all over the welldeck.

indago
04-22-2016, 01:43 PM
Floaters...no fun at all....

I've pulled a few.

Had a patrol boat go get one off Port San Luis (CA).
It was in a wetsuit. When the crew tried to get it on board

They probably shouldn't have used grappling hooks...

Gunny
04-22-2016, 02:42 PM

You trying to ruin your reputation? You actually made me laugh with that comment. :laugh:

You stick so much as a needle in a floater you better have your gas mask on, goober. :laugh:

indago
04-22-2016, 02:53 PM

Now hear ye! All Hands on deck! Clean sweepdown fore and aft! Dump all trash over the fantail!

Gunny
04-22-2016, 03:05 PM
Now hear ye! All Hands on deck! Clean sweepdown fore and aft! Dump all trash over the fantail!

You goof. You don't dump trash over the fantail. Not unless you just have a wild desire to see what it looks like after the props hit it. And honestly, I don't like the fact they do this, but has to go somewhere I guess. The boat turns to port or starboard and it goes over the side. You have to be so many miles out to do it. Like I said, I personally don't like the practice. I'm no Green Peace goof, but if we've traveled the same sea lanes for over a century and dumped all our crap in them, I can't imagine what the sea floor looks like.

Bilgerat
04-22-2016, 04:06 PM
You trying to ruin your reputation? You actually made me laugh with that comment. :laugh:

You stick so much as a needle in a floater you better have your gas mask on, goober. :laugh:

And DO NOT use a Stokes Litter without lining it with a blanket first

Gunny
04-22-2016, 04:35 PM

Hah! I'm the jarhead, remember? I 'm just along for the ride. Y'all squids got to do all that dirty sea rescue sh*t. I just watch. I know from my time as a lifeguard and living by the ocean most of my life what floaters are. They don't float for no reason. All that built up gas inside their bodies makes them float (this is not for you since obviously you know -- general comment) Usually takes a few days. You put a sewing needle in that and you're going to be running. :laugh: Then, you can't touch their skin because it comes right off. They crap all over themselves.

No thanks. Hat's off. Y'all can do that crap. I couldn't get past the smell of dead bodies. And trust me, I will totally admit I lost my lovely lunch (from the ship) more than once over it. I had to totally recalculate my brain and move on. I couldn't do it. :salute:

Elessar
04-22-2016, 08:16 PM

They did not. Why assume something like that?
We know better than to use grappling hooks.

Elessar
04-22-2016, 08:20 PM
You goof. You have to be so many miles out to do it. Like I said, I personally don't like the practice.

A minimum of 12 miles offshore of the low water mark.

Elessar
04-22-2016, 08:23 PM

That's a no shitter... CGC Blackfin towed the corpse onto the cutter well deck.
When the body was out of the water pressure, that is when it burst and oozed.

Gunny
04-22-2016, 08:32 PM
That's a no shitter... CGC Blackfin towed the corpse onto the cutter well deck.
When the body was out of the water pressure, that is when it burst and oozed.

Thanks for the memories. You suck. :laugh: