PDA

View Full Version : Trump On NC Transgender Issue

Kathianne
04-21-2016, 10:33 AM
Video at site:

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/donald-trump-transgender-people-should-be-allowed-to-use-bathroom-of-their-choice/

Donald Trump: Transgender People Should Be Allowed to Use Bathroom of Their Choiceby Alex Griswold (http://www.mediaite.com/author/alex-griswold/) | 8:57 am, April 21st, 2016

During an NBC Today town hall Thursday, Donald Trump said he had no problem with transgender people using whatever bathroom they chose and that a controversial North Carolina bathroom law has caused “a lot of problems” unnecessarily.

NBC’s Willie Geist read off a question from Twitter. “Mr. Trump, please be specific. Tell us your views on LGBT, how you plan to be inclusive as president. Speak about North Carolina bathroom law in particular,” he read.

“North Carolina did something that was very strong, and they are paying a big price and there’s a lot of problems,” responded Trump.

“North Carolina, what they are going through with all of the business that’s leaving and the strife– and that’s on both sides. Leave it the way it is. There have been very few complaints the way it is. People go, they use the bathroom that they feel is appropriate, there has been so little trouble,” he said.

Trump said he “probably” has transgender individuals working for him, but he didn’t know for certain. “So if Caitlyn Jenner were to walk into Trump Tower and want to use the bathroom, you’d be fine with her using any bathroom she chooses?” asked Matt Lauer.

“That is correct,” Trump responded. He added that he also didn’t support putting in new bathrooms: “I think that would be discriminatory in a certain way.”

Watch above, via MSNBC.

Kathianne
04-21-2016, 10:46 AM
Oh my! Just went to FB to see what the kids are up to and it's absolutely flooded with this story.

Voted4Reagan
04-21-2016, 12:03 PM
So Trump is standing up for the LGBTQ community.... ?

I call that a good move

Black Diamond
04-21-2016, 01:48 PM
I am sure Cruz is salivating like Pavlov's bitch.

Abbey Marie
04-21-2016, 01:49 PM
I call it a bad sign of possible un-conservative things to come. I've said all along I don't trust him on social issues.

Voted4Reagan
04-21-2016, 01:54 PM
I call it a bad sign of possible un-conservative things to come. I've said all along I don't trust him on social issues.

with more than 10% of the Electorate being a member of the LGBTQ community it is a bad thing to support their issues and Gender/Sexual equality?

Black Diamond
04-21-2016, 01:59 PM
Let's hope it doesn't cost him North Carolina.

Abbey Marie
04-21-2016, 02:02 PM
with more than 10% of the Electorate being a member of the LGBTQ community it is a bad thing to support their issues and Gender/Sexual equality?

Yess, if you are running as a conservative.

Voted4Reagan
04-21-2016, 02:13 PM

Why cant they be included ?

Why cant their issues be OUR issues?

Abbey Marie
04-21-2016, 03:55 PM

Oh boy. There are threads here where these substantive issues have already been addressed. This one is about Trump as a candidate.

I'll just say this to address your question: People can dress any way they want and "identify" as a bacterium for all I care. But when you share facilities with the public, including especially children, use the one that matches your current parts.

revelarts
06-23-2016, 09:31 PM
Latinos and Blacks are together nearly 25% of the U.S. population (12+% each).
it seems to me that'd be a better group to find some conservatives support in.

So homosexual marriage, and letting men in girls bathrooms and lockers can be "conservative" issues... if Trump says it's OK?

And finally, where is the real voted4Reagan? what have you done with him?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Q8SNMv0wBZM/UEd9eiQpG3I/AAAAAAAAA3k/ow5vgsy_3OI/s1600/32093_Invasion-of-the-body-Snatchers-2.jpg

gabosaurus
06-23-2016, 11:36 PM

Trump is neither conservative or liberal. He is neither Republican or Democrat.
Trump is a chameleon. Like the colors of a chameleon, his views change to suit whatever audience he is trying to win over.
Take the issue of abortion. Trump has expressed a half dozen different viewpoints in the past six months alone. He could change his mind again if he resided in the Oval Office.
Trump says he is a deeply religious man. And that he "goes on Sunday, whenever he can." And that "I don't go often, but I try to make it on special occasions." He has been a Catholic, a member of the Dutch Reformed Church, a Presbyterian and married his third wife in an Episcopalian church.

Which Donald Trump do you plan to vote for?

Abbey Marie
06-24-2016, 12:06 AM
Trump is neither conservative or liberal. He is neither Republican or Democrat.
Trump is a chameleon. Like the colors of a chameleon, his views change to suit whatever audience he is trying to win over.
Take the issue of abortion. Trump has expressed a half dozen different viewpoints in the past six months alone. He could change his mind again if he resided in the Oval Office.
Trump says he is a deeply religious man. And that he "goes on Sunday, whenever he can." And that "I don't go often, but I try to make it on special occasions." He has been a Catholic, a member of the Dutch Reformed Church, a Presbyterian and married his third wife in an Episcopalian church.

Which Donald Trump do you plan to vote for?

I will take an uncertain Trump over an I'm certain she's a liberal crook Hillary any day and twice on Sunday.

Black Diamond
06-24-2016, 12:15 AM
I will take an uncertain Trump over an I'm certain she's a liberal crook Hillary any day and twice on Sunday.

It would actually help us more if you took him twice on Tuesday. :)

Gunny
06-24-2016, 01:47 AM

Why cater to the minority? We already have THAT. They aren't special because of their aberrant behavior.

revelarts
06-24-2016, 08:37 AM
Following Sunday's mass shooting at an Orlando gay bar, presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump has voiced - and tweeted - his support for the LGBTQ community. And some in the community have expressed their support for Trump.

"He's the most pro-gay nominee that the party has ever had for president," according to Gregory T. Angelo, president of the Log Cabin Republicans, an organization for LGBTQ people and straight allies who support the GOP.

Some Gay Voters Say it's 'Dangerous' to Come Out for Trump - NBC News (http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/lgbtrump-gay-men-voting-donald-trump-n594691)

"He's the most pro-gay nominee that the party has ever had for president,"

But he's supports Christian values too right... Trump said he wants to encourage the use of the greeting “Merry Christmas” in American culture and government.
:rolleyes:

And I have to wonder if more republicans are more open to Trump being the most "Pro Gay" nominee,
than they would be if he were the most "Pro-Christian" nominee.

Gunny
06-24-2016, 08:48 AM
"He's the most pro-gay nominee that the party has ever had for president,"

But he's supports Christian values too right... Trump said he wants to encourage the use of the greeting “Merry Christmas” in American culture and government.
:rolleyes:

And I have to wonder if more republicans are more open to Trump being the most "Pro Gay" nominee,
than they would be if he were the most "Pro-Christian" nominee.

Here's what you don't get. Gays have the same rights as anyone else. They're not special because they're weird. If they'd just STFU, nobody gives a damn about them except maybe some anit-gay fringe element who would grt about as much of my attention as gays.

If you don't like Trump, just say so. But you ain't got to make sh*t up about him. I don't like him but at least it's for things he's actually done.

revelarts
06-24-2016, 09:34 AM
Here's what you don't get. Gays have the same rights as anyone else. They're not special because they're weird. If they'd just STFU, nobody gives a damn about them except maybe some anit-gay fringe element who would grt about as much of my attention as gays.

If you don't like Trump, just say so. But you ain't got to make sh*t up about him. I don't like him but at least it's for things he's actually done.

don't assume you know what i do or don't get Gunny. thanks
And could you point to exactly what I "made up" about Trump here?

hjmick
06-24-2016, 03:27 PM

I've said it before, I'll say it again...

For the majority of voters, this election is less about voting for the "lesser of two evils" and more about voting for the Devil you know or the devil you don't know...

We all know what Hillary will do, with Trump we're not so sure...

I'm still voting Johnson. I can not inn good conscience vote for either one of the other two...

Gunny
06-24-2016, 03:57 PM
don't assume you know what i do or don't get Gunny. thanks
And could you point to exactly what I "made up" about Trump here?

I don't have to assume. You just spelled it out in the post I replied to. Try answering direct questions/statements with straight answers/responses. Reading and comprehensions skill work with me.

Black Diamond
06-24-2016, 04:21 PM

For the majority of voters, this election is less about voting for the "lesser of two evils" and more about voting for the Devil you know or the devil you don't know...

I'm still voting Johnson. I can not inn good conscience vote for either one of the other two...
You already voted for one of those. :cool:

Gunny
06-24-2016, 04:22 PM

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Keep Clinton out.

revelarts
06-24-2016, 04:47 PM
I don't have to assume. You just spelled it out in the post I replied to. Try answering direct questions/statements with straight answers/responses. Reading and comprehensions skill work with me.
annnd you give a non-answer... again.

Gunny I'm surprised you're not a full on Trump supporter.
Your replies to simple questions are very similar.
Evade> Put down> Redirect> Chest Beat.

Black Diamond
06-24-2016, 04:51 PM

He is now.

Black Diamond
06-24-2016, 04:56 PM
Donald says the bathroom issue is a states issue. I doubt you would support a federal bathroom law.

revelarts
06-24-2016, 06:35 PM
Donald says the bathroom issue is a states issue. I doubt you would support a federal bathroom law.
You know, who'd a thought there'd come a time in america where 'gender based federal bathroom laws" would even be an issue.

Look i'd support a president that said something like,
"as the Chief executive of all the Depts, Bureaus, federal lands and the CIC of the armed services, the federal gov't only recognizes biological genders of those with Y and X chromosomes in the use of gender specific facilities and programs . Therefore where facilities are specified, everyone must use the facility/program that aligns with their biological gender. Every Dept also is authorized , at their discretion, to provide a 3rd catch all alternative psychological gendered facility/program as they see fit, but it is not mandatory."

And then spoke against gender perverted bathrooms etc..

aboutime
06-24-2016, 07:33 PM
rev. Look at it this way. When was the last time a Transgender, Anything bothered you, or did anything to upset you while using a bathroom?

And, if you can name a time, or place where any other person (no matter what they claim to be) decided that the CONGRESS, or PRESIDENT of the U.S. could be the final arbiter of WHERE another human being goes to the bathroom...please tell us here.

For as long as I have been alive. NOT ONCE did anyone, anywhere, at any time tell me, instruct me, demand, or caution me about when, where, how, and why I should go to the bathroom to relieve myself who was ELECTED, NOMINATED, or APPOINTED to do so.

Being a human being, like every other human being on Earth....just makes all of this B.S., pure B.S.

Unless you have another reason to decide when, where, and why I can use a bathroom...RATHER THAN EVERYONE JUST MINDING THEIR OWN.....IGNORANT BUSINESS???? SPEAK UP NOW!

gabosaurus
06-24-2016, 08:19 PM
Of course Trump wants to leave it to the states. He doesn't want to make any public comment on such a hot button issue.

Elessar
06-24-2016, 09:34 PM
So much bullshit here. Hot topic because a minority bangs their spoons?

If you were born male and still have the plumbing, YOU ARE MALE!
Opposite works, too. Born female and not altered, YOU ARE FEMALE.
Those that feel otherwise in their "Gender Identity" have some really
deep emotional problems.

Does it take a federal Law to make that decision? I say Bullshit!

Gunny
06-25-2016, 02:37 AM

I'm not going to have a running gun battle with you. How am I supposed to even figure out what any question have is when your posting direction is equivalent to moth in flight. You're all over the place.

And this post proves my point. What does Trump have to do with my ability to focus and write? Or your inability to? They named a car after your posts back the 60s -- Rambler.

Gunny
06-25-2016, 03:02 AM
He is now.

I actually do not "support" him. I don't trust him, and consider him unqualified. It's what we got. Him or Hillary. I'd vote against her if she was running unopposed. As someone else stated in one of these threads, I'll take the unknown over her. I've had enough of her. Aside from her being a criminal, she thought she was president just because Bill was and constantly meddled in things that were none of her business. She is the most corrupt, criminal politician I can remember. She should run for Mayor of Chicago.

And lest anyone is too young to remember, or just doesn't remember, she was the prime proponent of the Brady Bill. There will be at least an attempt to grab our guns again. And Lord help us if she gets to appoint 1 or more Justices to the Supreme Court.

Then there's rev. The rest of the formation has moved out up the road and he's stuck on crying over spilled milk. You do what you can with what you got.

As far as the topic goes, I don't know how many times rev wants me to say it: If you got a dick you're in the boys room and if you don't, you're in the ladies room. People feeling special about their weirdness shouldn't have special rights, and the law should trump biology nor the majority with aberrant behavior.

Gunny
06-25-2016, 03:10 AM
Of course Trump wants to leave it to the states. He doesn't want to make any public comment on such a hot button issue.

CONTRIVED issue. How about getting some common sense? You politicos will do ANYTHING YOU CAN to keep everyone's eyes off what you're really doing. Sucking off the government at the taxpayers' expense. I don't want no retards in my granddaughters' bathrooms. Take your faggot ass outside and use a tree.