PDA

View Full Version : Burger King

namvet
04-22-2016, 01:59 PM
ok so im in a big hurry last night and stopped at BK to get something to go. this nice young black gal takes my order. I back away and wait for my number to be called. quite a few customers there
she walks around the counter with a rag in here hand walks up to me, stops and whispers she is poorly paid and the management is mean and treats them bad. instant brain lock here. so, I tell her (whisper) she's young and keep looking for something better. all I could think of. why tell me??
it bothered me the entire evening and obviously still does. did I tell her right?? just curious if it happened to you what would you say???

Kathianne
04-22-2016, 02:06 PM
I'd say that was just right. I suppose you could have added, 'You're gaining experience and if you show up on time, smile, and get along you'll find something better after getting a raise here." But that would have taken me by surprise too!

NightTrain
04-22-2016, 02:12 PM
ok so im in a big hurry last night and stopped at BK to get something to go. this nice young black gal takes my order. I back away and wait for my number to be called. quite a few customers there
she walks around the counter with a rag in here hand walks up to me, stops and whispers she is poorly paid and the management is mean and treats them bad. instant brain lock here. so, I tell her (whisper) she's young and keep looking for something better. all I could think of. why tell me??
it bothered me the entire evening and obviously still does. did I tell her right?? just curious if it happened to you what would you say???

That's pretty weird.

Maybe you look like the guy that owns that franchise location?

Gunny
04-22-2016, 02:29 PM
I agree. Weird. Just how much do you think you should be paid doing something we do at home every day for free? Like cook burgers and clean up? Go learn how to do something. Geez ....

namvet
04-22-2016, 02:43 PM
I'd say that was just right. I suppose you could have added, 'You're gaining experience and if you show up on time, smile, and get along you'll find something better after getting a raise here." But that would have taken me by surprise too!

my first reaction was to go back there and flatten the mgr but then that get's her fired. add to it there were black customers there.

namvet
04-22-2016, 02:44 PM
That's pretty weird.

Maybe you look like the guy that owns that franchise location?

yeah with a 3 day beard and needing a shower uh huh :laugh:

namvet
04-22-2016, 02:48 PM
I walked out of there mumbling to myself and almost tripped and fell with Burger sauce and malt on my face

Gunny
04-22-2016, 04:18 PM
I walked out of there mumbling to myself and almost tripped and fell with Burger sauce and malt on my face

I quit eating at BK myself. They were good up until about 80 or so. I've noticed chains are regional. I loved Carls Jr in SoCal but when they brought one to TX it sucked. Whataburger in TX is good. It sucks in ABQ. The same with Burger King. It was awesome in FL but it totally sucks in SA. DQ's the same. Awesome in TX. Not so much anywhere else. And I don't know the how's or why's.

What I do know is these low wage earners want something for nothing. I could cook by the time I was 7 or 8. And wash the damned dishes behind myself. There's no big secret to it. Sounds to me like you just ran into an employee that has to work for her pay. I don't get the mentality of people thinking they should be given something for nothing.

Yeah, it sucks to do fast food. I did pizza as a teenager. I pumped gas. Mowed lawns. Babysat. And I took what I could get. These kids now want corporate president wages without climbing the ladder.

jimnyc
04-22-2016, 04:20 PM
I love Burger King. I love Wendy's. And there is neither one of them within miles of me. Good thing I suppose. I always see them BK commercials at like 9pm, and if there was one close by I would be shoveling it in!

Abbey Marie
04-22-2016, 04:25 PM

My first thought is she wants a sugar daddy. :dunno:

namvet
04-22-2016, 04:39 PM
I quit eating at BK myself. They were good up until about 80 or so. I've noticed chains are regional. I loved Carls Jr in SoCal but when they brought one to TX it sucked. Whataburger in TX is good. It sucks in ABQ. The same with Burger King. It was awesome in FL but it totally sucks in SA. DQ's the same. Awesome in TX. Not so much anywhere else. And I don't know the how's or why's.

What I do know is these low wage earners want something for nothing. I could cook by the time I was 7 or 8. And wash the damned dishes behind myself. There's no big secret to it. Sounds to me like you just ran into an employee that has to work for her pay. I don't get the mentality of people thinking they should be given something for nothing.

Yeah, it sucks to do fast food. I did pizza as a teenager. I pumped gas. Mowed lawns. Babysat. And I took what I could get. These kids now want corporate president wages without climbing the ladder.

And wash the damned dishes behind myself.

how in hell did you manage that ?? :laugh:

same here between HS and Nam I worked several of these low pays jobs. my late granny told me early on the world does not owe you a living. it stuck.

Gunny
04-22-2016, 05:48 PM
how in hell did you manage that ?? :laugh:

same here between HS and Nam I worked several of these low pays jobs. my late granny told me early on the world does not owe you a living. it stuck.

Not sure which one you are alluding to. You know as well s I do. Get up early, make the coffee, then you eat, then you shave. When I had a steel pot I was in hog Heaven. You can't do nothing with that damned kevlar helmet but drop it on your grape. Can't sit on it. Can't bathe out of it. Can't cook with it.

Elessar
04-22-2016, 09:44 PM
. did I tell her right??

That had to catch you off guard and odd.
You said the right thing, being polite and not abusive.

Gunny
04-23-2016, 06:00 AM
I love Burger King. I love Wendy's. And there is neither one of them within miles of me. Good thing I suppose. I always see them BK commercials at like 9pm, and if there was one close by I would be shoveling it in!

That crap gets on my damned nerves. You're going to toss out these commercials when it's too late to go anywhere? Thanks for making me hungry. Then you show up and it's "we're sorry we only serve dinner after 11AM'? Your name is BURGER King MF-ers. I came here for damned a BURGER. I can stay the f- home and make my own damned bacon, egg and cheese biscuit.

indago
04-23-2016, 06:16 AM
That crap gets on my damned nerves. You're going to toss out these commercials when it's too late to go anywhere? Thanks for making me hungry. Then you show up and it's "we're sorry we only serve dinner after 11AM'? Your name is BURGER King MF-ers. I came here for damned a BURGER. I can stay the f- home and make my own damned bacon, egg and cheese biscuit.

BURGERS (http://www.gafflin.com/entertainment/burger_king.htm)

Gunny
04-23-2016, 08:14 AM
BURGERS (http://www.gafflin.com/entertainment/burger_king.htm)

Dude, you need to quit putting up links at me. I never follow them.

namvet
04-23-2016, 08:58 AM
my short career counseling days i guess are over

indago
04-23-2016, 10:02 PM
Dude, you need to quit putting up links at me. I never follow them.

Doesn't bother me none! There are many here who will...

Gunny
04-23-2016, 10:14 PM

Why? I have youtube and MSN. If I want to read articles, I can go right to them. When I DO read articles, I DO go right to them. This is where I interact with people and their opinions, not the AP.

And I know almost all the people on this board and have known them for years. If you think even half of them follow your links, you're nuts. Most have actual lives and don't have the time. How hard is it to read a story and give the cliff notes?

indago
04-24-2016, 05:39 AM
http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by indago http://www.debatepolicy.com/images/debate_policy/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=812917#post812917)

Why? I have youtube and MSN. If I want to read articles, I can go right to them. When I DO read articles, I DO go right to them. This is where I interact with people and their opinions, not the AP.

And I know almost all the people on this board and have known them for years. If you think even half of them follow your links, you're nuts. Most have actual lives and don't have the time. How hard is it to read a story and give the cliff notes?

I already noted that I don't give a shit whether or not you follow a link that I post, or even read a posting that I make; and that there probably are some here who will. The rest of your posting is sheer http://mockforums.net/images/smilies/26oct2011/bullshit.gif