PDA

View Full Version : Perianne, LTG, Logroller, Marcus...

jimnyc
04-23-2016, 04:32 PM
If any of you have any contact with them, maybe try and get them to come back, try posting again? I don't know if they post elsewhere and others know them from there, as I saw our new member mentioning knowing Perianne. Would love to see the other 3 as well, especially my friend who was apparently not fond of dumbasses. Would love to see Logroller as I always thought he was one of the boards most intelligent members. Gonna see if I can reach out to their emails from here, but who knows if that data is up to date or not.

Atticus Finch
04-23-2016, 07:00 PM
If any of you have any contact with them, maybe try and get them to come back, try posting again? I don't know if they post elsewhere and others know them from there, as I saw our new member mentioning knowing Perianne. Would love to see the other 3 as well, especially my friend who was apparently not fond of dumbasses. Would love to see Logroller as I always thought he was one of the boards most intelligent members. Gonna see if I can reach out to their emails from here, but who knows if that data is up to date or not.I only knew Perianne briefly when I first joined the other site.She had issues with some of the members as I recall.Don't know the whole story.Any way she left not too long after I got there. i would like to stress that I didn't have any problems with my other site.The mods were great and for the most part they were hands off.Just a few posters really started getting a bit personal with their insults.Of course I don't take insults well and I responded accordingly.I just don't like that constant sniping, it's draining and not fun.

indago
04-23-2016, 07:09 PM
I only knew Perianne briefly when I first joined the other site.She had issues with some of the members as I recall.Don't know the whole story.Any way she left not too long after I got there. i would like to stress that I didn't have any problems with my other site.The mods were great and for the most part they were hands off.Just a few posters really started getting a bit personal with their insults.Of course I don't take insults well and I responded accordingly.I just don't like that constant sniping, it's draining and not fun.

Oh, that's not good...

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-23-2016, 07:15 PM
if any of you have any contact with them, maybe try and get them to come back, try posting again? I don't know if they post elsewhere and others know them from there, as i saw our new member mentioning knowing perianne. Would love to see the other 3 as well, especially my friend who was apparently not fond of dumbasses. Would love to see logroller as i always thought he was one of the boards most intelligent members. Gonna see if i can reach out to their emails from here, but who knows if that data is up to date or not.

ltg, perianne and marcus i would like to see all three here posting.--tyr

Drummond
04-23-2016, 07:15 PM
I only knew Perianne briefly when I first joined the other site.She had issues with some of the members as I recall.Don't know the whole story.Any way she left not too long after I got there. i would like to stress that I didn't have any problems with my other site.The mods were great and for the most part they were hands off.Just a few posters really started getting a bit personal with their insults.Of course I don't take insults well and I responded accordingly.I just don't like that constant sniping, it's draining and not fun.

.. A British site, by any chance, Atticus ?

If so ... you may remember me from that very site. Perianne was treated appallingly, and I made my views on that abundantly clear.

Noir
04-23-2016, 07:18 PM

Shocking :rolleyes:

Drummond
04-23-2016, 07:21 PM
Shocking :rolleyes:

Indeed it was, Noir.

Atticus Finch
04-23-2016, 07:36 PM

If so ... you may remember me from that very site. Perianne was treated appallingly, and I made my views on that abundantly clear.I'm pretty sure it wasn't a British site

DLT
04-23-2016, 07:52 PM

If so ... you may remember me from that very site. Perianne was treated appallingly, and I made my views on that abundantly clear.

Yeah, and that site didn't last much longer after that despicable display of hatred and bias, did it. Karma?

Drummond
04-23-2016, 07:58 PM
Yeah, and that site didn't last much longer after that despicable display of hatred and bias, did it. Karma?

What happened to it - unfortunately - was only just, in my view. A hateful clique dominated that site .. and so it paid the price. Quite a pity, because when I'd first joined it, several years previously, none of that was in evidence. Then, it was a decent debating forum.

Drummond
04-23-2016, 08:00 PM
I'm pretty sure it wasn't a British site

In that case, if I'm correct, it'll be one known to both myself and DLT (American based) ... ?

Gunny
04-23-2016, 09:30 PM
If any of you have any contact with them, maybe try and get them to come back, try posting again? I don't know if they post elsewhere and others know them from there, as I saw our new member mentioning knowing Perianne. Would love to see the other 3 as well, especially my friend who was apparently not fond of dumbasses. Would love to see Logroller as I always thought he was one of the boards most intelligent members. Gonna see if I can reach out to their emails from here, but who knows if that data is up to date or not.

My opinion (and you KNOW I have one :laugh: ) is this: You have to look at the personalities. I'm all for the more the merrier. However, whther or not real or imagined, some here gang up on others. And I will speak only for myself on that. If it appears that way with me, it's coincidental. I express MY opinion. I've always been and lone wolf and you, jimnyc , should know that as well as anyone. I'll be your best friend in one thread and totally hammer you in another. I don't take discussing most topics personally but it seems most people do. I honestly don't understand that. I just try to read and accept it.

Much as I hate to play the bad guy here (because I've never done THAT :laugh: ) Perianne hasn't been here since I got in her ass. I don't remember which thread nor the topic so don't ask. I knew her from some board I'm banned from for going all recon on a moron from USMB. I don't remember the name of that board either. It's been a couple of years. You think I got Altzheimers? :laugh:

I just know she spends WAY too much time trying to get attention and I DO find that annoying. It's like, quit trying so damned hard, huh.

The other people are probably still on USMB under whatever name they want to be. That's how it's run now. And you would be ashamed if you saw what that board has become. Most of those people wouldn't know politics if it was a bomb and fell on their heads.

At any rate, some people take disagreeing with them personally. I don't get it, and it doesn't change my opinion of the person if they disagree with me. Unless they're just totally stupid. And some like to mob up on a difference of opinion and run people off. I don't know why. I can look in the mirror and agree with myself. Crap, I want someone to debate with.

Atticus Finch
04-24-2016, 05:01 AM
In that case, if I'm correct, it'll be one known to both myself and DLT (American based) ... ?yes,I'm hesitant about disclosing the name becaue I do like the mods there and many of the regulars.It's just some supporters of a certain presidential candidate were becoming almost maniacal in their rhetoric.

jimnyc
04-24-2016, 05:24 AM
My opinion (and you KNOW I have one :laugh: ) is this: You have to look at the personalities. I'm all for the more the merrier. However, whther or not real or imagined, some here gang up on others. And I will speak only for myself on that. If it appears that way with me, it's coincidental. I express MY opinion. I've always been and lone wolf and you, @jimnyc (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=1) , should know that as well as anyone. I'll be your best friend in one thread and totally hammer you in another. I don't take discussing most topics personally but it seems most people do. I honestly don't understand that. I just try to read and accept it.

Much as I hate to play the bad guy here (because I've never done THAT :laugh: ) Perianne hasn't been here since I got in her ass. I don't remember which thread nor the topic so don't ask. I knew her from some board I'm banned from for going all recon on a moron from USMB. I don't remember the name of that board either. It's been a couple of years. You think I got Altzheimers? :laugh:

I just know she spends WAY too much time trying to get attention and I DO find that annoying. It's like, quit trying so damned hard, huh.

The other people are probably still on USMB under whatever name they want to be. That's how it's run now. And you would be ashamed if you saw what that board has become. Most of those people wouldn't know politics if it was a bomb and fell on their heads.

At any rate, some people take disagreeing with them personally. I don't get it, and it doesn't change my opinion of the person if they disagree with me. Unless they're just totally stupid. And some like to mob up on a difference of opinion and run people off. I don't know why. I can look in the mirror and agree with myself. Crap, I want someone to debate with.

All I know is that they were fun posters that were all always nothing but cool with me. :)

indago
04-24-2016, 05:49 AM
All I know is that they were fun posters that were all always nothing but cool with me. :)

Yes, and they, and probably Rev, took a leave of absence to relieve themselves of some of the Whiners'nSnivelers...

Noir
04-24-2016, 06:01 AM

Sure, if you consider constant posts about how non-white people are inferior or undesirable, with an 'oops I'm not racist teehee' thrown in, to be fun. It would appear from this thread shes been known to have problems on multiple other boards, again, shocking :rolleyes:

jimnyc
04-24-2016, 06:28 AM
Sure, if you consider constant posts about how non-white people are inferior or undesirable, with an 'oops I'm not racist teehee' thrown in, to be fun. It would appear from this thread shes been known to have problems on multiple other boards, again, shocking :rolleyes:

I didn't think this was a place to judge members, as I thought I was trying to bring a few back. But if members were in fact judging about how others post - would they mention how you bash Christianity as much as most breathe, and then fall silent when it's other religions that are murdering and committing genocide on those folks that believe differently than you?

But "I" have no issue with Perianne or the others, and they were kind to me. I think she contributed a LOT more than what you point out. Wouldn't be much different if someone said that all you do here is rant about Christians and there being no God.

None of us are angels here, and I didn't think this was the place/time to start poking at other members. Probably a small reason why some of them and others are no longer here.

Gunny
04-24-2016, 06:28 AM

You used to come on USMB, You know I wouldn't just run someone off. And I remember those kind of posters too. I'd say cover your kidneys. The ones you think are cool have a K-Bar to stab you in the back with.

The rest of us just keep you around to f*ck with. :laugh2:

jimnyc
04-24-2016, 06:37 AM
You used to come on USMB, You know I wouldn't just run someone off. And I remember those kind of posters too. I'd say cover your kidneys. The ones you think are cool have a K-Bar to stab you in the back with.

The rest of us just keep you around to f*ck with. :laugh2:

Had one person that I ever thought was cool, that really I was wrong about and stabbed me in my back and face. Outside of that I don't have problems with too many. But those that I DO have an issue with... :)

jimnyc
04-24-2016, 06:44 AM
Have a few folks that know a couple sending out some feelers, and some PM's here and elsewhere. Outside of that, no need to push things in this thread. I really don't want to jump on anyone that isn't here, that wasn't my intent. I've already spoken to one of the above, so one good thing came out of it at least! :)