PDA

View Full Version : Priebus Calls For 'Unity' Is He Now Pushing For Trump?

Kathianne
04-23-2016, 06:45 PM
Interesting:

http://hotair.com/archives/2016/04/22/reince-priebus-to-nevertrumpers-were-going-to-unite-behind-the-nominee-right/

Reading about Priebus’s cheerleading for unity, in fact, reminded me of Tim Carney’s piece last night speculating about how the establishment might rig the convention — not for Cruz but for Trump (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/the-gop-may-rig-the-convention-in-trumps-favor/article/2589226):

First off, Trump will throw a fit over any result other than his nomination. We know that his definition of fairness is, “I win.” But the closer he is to 1,237 bound delegates, the more that cry would resonate with voters and observers.

Throughout the general election, a spurned Trump would continue to get the billions of the free airtime that cable networks love to give him, and he would use it to trash the Republican nominee and the party as a whole. Some share of the 35 percent of the GOP electorate that backed Trump could turn against the GOP nominee. That could also create electoral blowout, also with downballot consequences for the GOP.

Just as abhorrent to many GOP elites, an effort to stop Trump at convention could require supporting Ted Cruz, who is loathed in such circles. The GOP’s K Street fundraising network would be more shattered by a Cruz nomination than nominating Trump, who is flexible and corporatist enough to play ball with K Street.

Worst of all, if the GOP “steals” the nomination from Donald Trump, he could run again in 2020.

Here’s Scarborough celebrating Trump for the centrist Democrat that he is. Incidentally, I missed this national poll last month: Hillary 42, Trump 34, Gary Johnson 11 (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/mar/24/libertarian-gary-johnson-double-digits-race-agains/). Maybe I’m wrong about how big #NeverTrump will be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqR-a4yFTzo

Atticus Finch
04-24-2016, 06:30 AM
I've always maintained that Trump is a Clinton subversive.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-24-2016, 08:18 AM
I've always maintained that Trump is a Clinton subversive.

^^^^^^^^ What happened to your intro statement about not wanting to be involved in the heated fray going on between the Trump /Cruz supporters and the election?
Seems you've waited all of two days to join in.... hmmmm..

Or is it ok-- just to jab one candidate as long as you remain silent about their opposition?

If joining in the fray say so, I like to know where a man stands myself, but shooting while attempting to hold some kind of immunity
from being shot back at is shall we say a bit cowardly IMHO.
CARE TO EXPLAIN? SEE BELOW-----TYR

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus Finch View Post
I'm staying off of the Trump/Cruz merry-go-round.I will say this though,outside his 35%-40% approval rating by Repubs he is in big trouble if he gets the nom.The man is too feared and hated.Although recently I've seen him walk back some of his earlier hard line stances.I personally think we are being played, and like Forrest Gump says,"that's all I've got to say about that".

Careful now. If ya truly do not want to be involved in the trump hate-fest/controversy(?), I would suggest try not starting out by hitting him with comments like he is too feared and hated as if Cruz and/or Hillary are not in the same boat.
My uncle used to say, "Man, I aint gonna talk bad about that gal----but she sho'nuff is butt ugly."
I a kid all of 12 years old would say, "but you just did.."-- -Tyr

YOU REPLIED---

Yeah it's like a vortex it just keeps sucking you in...so who's left....Bernie?

Last edited by Atticus Finch; Yesterday at 04:59 AM.

IF YOU ARE IN , JUST SAY SO--WE ARE A GENTLE BUNCH OF SHARKS.. wE TAKE VERY SMALL BITES.. -Tyr

Atticus Finch
04-24-2016, 11:31 AM
^^^^^^^^ What happened to your intro statement about not wanting to be involved in the heated fray going on between the Trump /Cruz supporters and the election?
Seems you've waited all of two days to join in.... hmmmm..

Or is it ok-- just to jab one candidate as long as you remain silent about their opposition?

If joining in the fray say so, I like to know where a man stands myself, but shooting while attempting to hold some kind of immunity
from being shot back at is shall we say a bit cowardly IMHO.
CARE TO EXPLAIN? SEE BELOW-----TYR

YOU REPLIED---

IF YOU ARE IN , JUST SAY SO--WE ARE A GENTLE BUNCH OF SHARKS.. wE TAKE VERY SMALL BITES.. -TyrNow you know from my opening statement I said that I would step into the deep end sooner or later.Did I not? Coward is NOT a word I would use to describe me...and I suggest you refrain from it also..because you see I'm a Great White myself...;)

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-24-2016, 12:13 PM
Now you know from my opening statement I said that I would step into the deep end sooner or later.Did I not? Coward is NOT a word I would use to describe me...and I suggest you refrain from it also..because you see I'm a Great White myself...;)
Fair enough, no harm no foul.. ;)--Tyr