PDA

View Full Version : irs woes

indago
04-23-2016, 07:05 PM
From The Washington Examiner 22 April 2016:
---------------------------------------------------------------
The Treasury Department's Inspector General for Tax Administration said this week that three current and former IRS employees have been caught trying to steal money as taxpayers try to pay off their tax debts. ..."Using a false identity, Brown established an account with an Internet service provider and an email address in order to submit these false returns," the inspector general said. She also opened bank accounts in their names in five different states to collect the money over a four-year period. Using that scheme, Brown took about $326,000 from the IRS.
---------------------------------------------------------------

article (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/watchdog-irs-workers-steal-taxpayer-data-to-plunder-the-treasury/article/2589337)

NightTrain
04-23-2016, 07:19 PM
I'm sure they'll find a lot more of that kind of thing as they dig around.

Atticus Finch
04-23-2016, 07:39 PM
I have zero trust in the IRS....

Gunny
04-23-2016, 09:51 PM

Let's call a spade a spade. You mean the American Gestapo.

indago
04-23-2016, 09:53 PM

The same with Congressman George Hansen, as he pointed out in a speech in the Congress, printed in the Congressional Record, 21 February 1979, noted: "The IRS long ago seems to have lost its sense of mission as a tax-collection agency and with all the grace of the hobnailed gestapo has embarked on a course of implementing and enforcing social reform with the view that Americans are basically dishonest, uncharitable, bigoted, criminal-minded and even violent to deal with. ...For years we have become progressively inured to the routine contempt the IRS has chronically demonstrated for accepted civilized standards of fairness, something which has its roots in the regrettable presumption that in tax matters the citizen is guilty until proven innocent, an innocence that has to be proven at the expense of the taxpayer, no matter how groundless or frivolous the charges. ...All totalitarian governments have at least one agency which, in the name of protecting the regime, claims the right of total control of the citizens. We can do without an American Gestapo or KGB."

Gunny
04-23-2016, 10:03 PM
The same with Congressman George Hansen, as he pointed out in a speech in the Congress, printed in the Congressional Record, 21 February 1979, noted: "The IRS long ago seems to have lost its sense of mission as a tax-collection agency and with all the grace of the hobnailed gestapo has embarked on a course of implementing and enforcing social reform with the view that Americans are basically dishonest, uncharitable, bigoted, criminal-minded and even violent to deal with. ...For years we have become progressively inured to the routine contempt the IRS has chronically demonstrated for accepted civilized standards of fairness, something which has its roots in the regrettable presumption that in tax matters the citizen is guilty until proven innocent, an innocence that has to be proven at the expense of the taxpayer, no matter how groundless or frivolous the charges. ...All totalitarian governments have at least one agency which, in the name of protecting the regime, claims the right of total control of the citizens. We can do without an American Gestapo or KGB."

Add the 4th to that. Guilty until you prove yourself innocent. What a crock of lies we live under.

Elessar
04-23-2016, 10:27 PM

I tried to contact them for weeks.

Would not answer calls, return calls, or respond to E-mail.

Great Job, Obama administration.

Gunny
04-23-2016, 10:58 PM

Yeah, but when they want you, they find you.

Atticus Finch
04-24-2016, 04:36 AM

Don't even get me started on the disaster of Obama Tax/Care.My pay stub now has a "Health Coverage Value" heading.It assigns a monetary value to my health plan that will be taxed as income starting next year.....The founders are still rolling in their graves.There is only one candidate who pomised to repeal it unfortunately it doesn't look as though he'll get that chance.

indago
04-24-2016, 05:24 AM
Don't even get me started on the disaster of Obama Tax/Care.My pay stub now has a "Health Coverage Value" heading.It assigns a monetary value to my health plan that will be taxed as income starting next year.....The founders are still rolling in their graves.There is only one candidate who pomised to repeal it unfortunately it doesn't look as though he'll get that chance.

Promises, promises...

Atticus Finch
04-24-2016, 06:43 AM
Promises, promises...yeah I know.We'll always have some form of government run healthcare now.You know taxes are seldom if ever repealed.