PDA

View Full Version : For Xtians: Does God love evil people?

darin
04-25-2016, 08:43 AM
Just a question stemming from a discussion in another thread. If Christ loves (actively) evil people, should Xtians also take that example? Said another way, I suppose, does God need Xtians to defend truth, love, etc?

What do you think? Does God take the side of people opposed to evil? Do we know that ISIS thinks they are doing God's work in everything they do? To THEM we are evil. If All things work together for good to those who Love Him, does ISIS and their works eventually work-out as good?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
04-25-2016, 09:04 AM
Just a question stemming from a discussion in another thread. If Christ loves (actively) evil people, should Xtians also take that example? Said another way, I suppose, does God need Xtians to defend truth, love, etc?

What do you think? Does God take the side of people opposed to evil? Do we know that ISIS thinks they are doing God's work in everything they do? To THEM we are evil. If All things work together for good to those who Love Him, does ISIS and their works eventually work-out as good?

Opposing evil can be done in many ways. ISIS does so by engaging in pure evil, murder, rape, torture , etc.
Thus it is not and can never be true to the teaching of love that Christ taught--in fact it operates in the exact opposite field.
That they do so blindly is not in the equation nor is it justification for their actions in regards to the question as you posed it my friend.

Several verses speak about correcting a fellow Christian sinning daily and at some point if he does not cease(utterly refuses), then cast him out of the church.

Usually I do take engage in much of this type discussion as a matter of personal principle and habit..

ISIS clearly serves its true master--Satan--- thus can not work out as being good IMHO..-Tyr

indago
04-29-2016, 09:44 AM
Opposing evil can be done in many ways. ISIS does so by engaging in pure evil, murder, rape, torture , etc.
Thus it is not and can never be true to the teaching of love that Christ taught--in fact it operates in the exact opposite field.
That they do so blindly is not in the equation nor is it justification for their actions in regards to the question as you posed it my friend.

Several verses speak about correcting a fellow Christian sinning daily and at some point if he does not cease(utterly refuses), then cast him out of the church.

Usually I do take engage in much of this type discussion as a matter of personal principle and habit..

ISIS clearly serves its true master--Satan--- thus can not work out as being good IMHO..-Tyr

But ISIS believes it is doing the work of Allah, cleansing the world of the infidel, just as God was doing in the Old Testament.